Ruhnuk - Relic Hunt Srabbler Bug

OctavianDavis

The UI is missing for both the tranquilizer & retrieve stimpack relic abilities. The tranquilizer shows up in "mission items". But the retrieve stimpack relic ability does not appear anywhere. After clicking the blue nest, Scrabbler is enticed. I tranquilized him, then realized the ability to retrieve the stimpack was mission. After the stun effect ended on Scrabbler, he disappeared. Just gone. After looking at Dulfy & other guides, one should be able to re-summon him by clicking on either the rocks, or the next again. This was not possible. I followed the Relic Hunt missions to the letter up until this point,. I know I did everything necessary,  but it seems like there is a major bug in this mission regarding Scrabbler. Some players did not report any problems. Some reported the same problem via chat. Cannot progress on this mission until Scrabbler is fixed. 

Either fix this mission, or take Scrabbler to  the vet to get fixed.

yeah, the 2nd relic quest seems to be buggy.

had the same thing happen: clicked the nest (but didn't back up to the stones) and after a while the blinking thingie in the nest just disappeared and I couldn't re-click the nests.
So I reset the mission, did everything again - then when I had to find the nests, next buggy thing: they weren't highlighted, so I couldn't click them o.O
this time I didn't reset but travelled first to the next QT point, then to my SH and back...

that seems to resolve any buggyness: when I came back the nests were highlighted, I could click them, backed up enough and could finish the quest eventually

I tried to complete this with a friend tonight. We tried everything we could think of, even tried reproducing everything discussed in here, and still would either only get as far as the mission asking us to hide behind the rocks, or at the stage where we had to discover the nests and they never triggered, reset a couple of times, tried logging out and in, tried quitting the game and back in, tried SH and back, still the stupid buiggy mission wouldnt tick over to the next step.

At some point I went back there, and on a whim changed to the pvp instance, and the mission continued. this definitely better be something Bioware fix in 7.2a patch, because this is some shoddy work

i did this mission too yesterday after needing to reset the misson two times before that and it was more by pure luck this step needs a more clear marker where you need to hide maybe even a blue thingie you need to interact with to make them spawn instead of whatever they used

I've tried this mission twice now. First time I got to the hiding stage and couldn't seem to get it to work standing behind any of the marked rocks. Second time I got to the stage where I have to locate the nest but walking up to them doesn't trigger and I can't interact with any of them... 

On 12/14/2022 at 9:59 PM, OctavianDavis said:

Some players did not report any problems.

Thankfully  yeah, i finished the quest & clickys  without any issues at all.

Of course, i also accidentally aggro'd  nearby creatures  right during the most crucial  'tranquilizer' part , if that somehow matters.

Same issue here. The first time, I got to the point of being able to set the trap, then the rocks didn't not highlight blue. The other member of my group, who did not place the trap, got the highlighted rocks. I tired logging in and out of my toon as well as in and out of the game. I also tried going to a SH and back (in many different ways; SH to Ship to Ruhnuk; SH to Ruhnuk, Ruhnuk QT to SH to Ship to Ruhnuk; etc). Needless to say, none of these worked for me. 

I have reset the mission 5 times now. I am able to get to the point of needing to find the nests however, now the nests don't light up blue for me either. This is very frustrating. Next time I try, I'm going to try to switch to another instance, as someone suggested above. Perhaps that will work for me. After the immense frustration of trying to fix this mission and 5 resets later....I ended up abandoning the mission all together. I'm going to try to see if it works that way or not.

Question: Since datacrons are almost always stand alone missions (i.e. no required story progression required, outside of Ossus), does anyone know if that's the case for this one as well? If not, I can drag some other toons there to try. They just don't have all of the extended content finished.

Perhaps hot fix in the 12/20 patch?! That'd be amazing. If not, fingers crossed until then! 

Still hoping for a hot fix!

37 minutes ago, jeszikaLD said:

Question: Since datacrons are almost always stand alone missions (i.e. no required story progression required, outside of Ossus), does anyone know if that's the case for this one as well?

i believe this particular Ruhnuk  'datacron'  is indeed story/unlock  triggered.

However, there are some nice players ( like myself, believe it or not :cool: )  who sometimes park their  already unlocked characters up on the datacron spot  and group/summon other people there who might not have any interest in the STORY. ( Which of course baffles me , since why play a SW mmo  if you don't even like Star Wars ?!?!  ) -- Plus remember datacrons are now  +stat+ for ALL Legacy characters/alts.  :csw_redsaber: One for all, all for one! :csw_bluesaber:

13 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i believe this particular Ruhnuk  'datacron'  is indeed story/unlock  triggered.

Ahh, that would be a bummer for my not as advanced toons, they need to get back to work! Thank you for the response.

I used to do that too. Just for the extremely difficult ones to get to. Personally, I prefer story. As a life long RPG/MMORPG gamer and Star Wars fan, I am personally offended by the notion of skipping story for the completion of a game that is meant to be pure story >.>

I am going to get this storyline to work; through determination and delusion.  :w_mad:

About buggy-not-glowing-blue nest from second quest. Actually you need to change channel of location. Do it on old interface map's left side. Of course if you have several of them for changing. And other channel not bugged already by someone. I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Darth_Despond

I've got the same problem: the nests aren't clickable.

I've tried all the fixes in this thread. Changed instances, logged out, quit the game, ported to stronghold. I've reset the quest about ten times and even abandoned it and started over twice. Nothing works. No idea what to do now. Maybe I'll try another character if I feel like slogging through the first quest again. 

Edit: It finally worked, but I don't know what I did differently. It just worked this time. Which is no help to anyone having problems. Just keep trying, I guess.

Edited by OrangeHarry

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, khamseen_air said:

So third time running it, had the same problem as second run and couldn't interact with the nests. 

This time though I tried switching instances and as soon as I loaded in the nests were active and I was able to complete the mission. 

As of 01/10/23 still bugged. I logged out. Quit completely. Went to fleet. Logged on to another toon. My fix was switching from PVE to PVP instance. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done this mission on two characters now. Both times the stones were not highlighted and, although I ran to one (or more) of the correct stones, the Scrabbler didn't appear. On the first character, logging out and back in fixed it, but on the second, that didn't work, neither did using qt points and travelling to a stronghold. Changing instance, as suggested by the poster above, did make it appear. (Both times, although the objective told me to withdraw and hide, after logging out/switching instance the Scrabbler appeared as soon as I returned, without me using any of the rocks.)

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried several times to do this mission and can't complete it. The first time I got stuck on retreat and wait cause the rocks didn't light up. Now I can't even get the nests to light up. I've reset it, logged out, quit the game, changed instances, everything I can think of. Doesn't work on any of my characters. Hopefully a patch comes soon.

Does your mission say to find the nests? If you reset the mission you have to start over. When you get to the nests and have to click the nest and hide behind a rock, if the Scrabble does not spawn try the other rocks. If still no luck switch instances or travel to your stronghold and back. Do not reset the mission.

I've done it on 7 characters and only 3 times have I had to switch instances at that part. Never reset the mission unless you are prepared to restart from the beginning.