Thank you for "Showdown on Ruhnuk"

bluehufsa

Hi, 

I'd like to congratulate the developers team and also the community manager for "Showdown on Ruhnuk", it was awesomely done and I enjoyed it very much ❤️. Also, I have to say the new decorations and armor set are amazing ! 

Well done, guys! ❤️

• Like 6

I got to say, only after using the new map overlay that was introduced in this patch I realized I spent most of my game time just opening the map every 3 seconds to make sure I was on the right path. Now I can actually see the game and enjoy it.

Thank you soooo much!

• Like 4

I thought the artwork dept did an exceptionally good job.  Definitely a unique environment.  

The story was well thought out.  Malgus is definitely taking advantage of this entire situation as well.  I might have left pressing "m" for the map as it was ( Not using the icon on the mini map now).  It does appear as though that drop box that use to always be in the wrong place can now be integrated into our regular UI and set in place permanently!!  I REALLY like that!!

I could use some "blue" 334 gear all across the board (I seriously hope that there are fewer gates to that sort of thing).

IMO this release was pretty darn good! (Overall on PvE stuff).  I really did enjoy it.

[/two thumbs up]

Edited by OlBuzzard
error !! (oops)
  • Like 2

I enjoyed it, but I had two issues with it. There comes a time when you have no Companion, but you need to get past a gold star enemy. I had trouble with it. I could not defeat it. I only had 318 green gear which may be a factor, but the lack of a Companion healing was noticeable. However, I was able to bypass him. Lose the fight, choose the medical probe, then stealth away to the purple quest marker for the cut scene and continue the game. I still needed to heal after the cut scene, but I no longer had to face any enemies until I get a Companion again.

The other issue is minor. The cut scene for the Shae Vizla/Heta Kol fight is very long. Nice to watch, but it's so long it triggers idle state on my computer causing an interruption. Next time I'll need to move my cursor around to keep from being idle.

I was worried there'd be another Spirit of Vengeance incident of lack of proper gear means you can't play, but that wasn't the case. I was able to play through just fine. One fight I almost went down, but I made it. Other than the one fight without a Companion I had no issues.

2 hours ago, Hadsil said:

I enjoyed it, but I had two issues with it. There comes a time when you have no Companion, but you need to get past a gold star enemy. I had trouble with it. I could not defeat it. I only had 318 green gear which may be a factor, but the lack of a Companion healing was noticeable. However, I was able to bypass him. Lose the fight, choose the medical probe, then stealth away to the purple quest marker for the cut scene and continue the game. I still needed to heal after the cut scene, but I no longer had to face any enemies until I get a Companion again.

The other issue is minor. The cut scene for the Shae Vizla/Heta Kol fight is very long. Nice to watch, but it's so long it triggers idle state on my computer causing an interruption. Next time I'll need to move my cursor around to keep from being idle.

I was worried there'd be another Spirit of Vengeance incident of lack of proper gear means you can't play, but that wasn't the case. I was able to play through just fine. One fight I almost went down, but I made it. Other than the one fight without a Companion I had no issues.

You can literally buy the cheap 324 gear with comms now on the decurian vender. Or go farm fp-1 stabilizers in solo veteran red reaper and upgrade a blue earpiece to 336 that drops in there. Make sure to equip a lower piece ear like a purple 252 off the Ossus vender so the blues will drop. Keep one that you need and deconstruct the rest for the fp-1 stabilizers. You can unlock the blue 336 mods from hyde and zeke by taking the 336 prototype quest and deconstructing it. 

Also farming these on a stealth class is much faster.

• Confused 1

Played this again with my Jedi Knight Guardian. By a sliver of hit points I defeated the gold star enemy without Companion. What helped was having more defensive powers and interrupts. This character also had 320 gear, so that probably helped too. I took less damage and was able to interrupt his power up abilities. The interesting part is I wasn't taking heavy damage until the enemy was at half hit points. I'm guessing he gets more powerful when at less than half hit points. I was going to drop, but I managed to stun him giving me precious time to attack without retaliation which was enough at the time to drop him first.

This isn't quite old Spirit of Vengeance, but it is a tough fight for Story. Gear probably matters but also your abilities. You need those interrupts. That you can stealth heal away when you drop out of this saves the scenario.

Main story and the planetary side story are good, with decent length.

Love Rass, hope we can interact with him more *click all the flirt options*

Ruhnuk map is beautiful. As a plant lover, I love the cactus decos.

New UI bars are neat even though it takes some time to get used to. I appreciate the fact that the old map/icons style is kept.

New bigger map is great.

Overall a solid update.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We have to give credit when it's due. Definitely 7.2 is big improvement, both story and gameplay wise. 

The area is huge and this is what you call a planet. I had the same satisfaction as on oricon, minus the operations of course. 

Rewards from deco to mando set are really amazing. Thanks and we wish more these to come soon. 

Give us a roadmap already. 

Can't wait to experience this I'm in Onslaught now and have enjoyed a lot of the story up to this point.  I've seen previews of Ruhnuk and the graphical quality and look and feel of the content seems to be a nice step up.  I'm guessing with 64 bit tech and better AWS server tech this will only help improve the game even more going forward all around.  Seems like only good things going forward for the game and its dedicated community.

Edited by jedipattawan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1