Regal Apparel Mini Skirt now shows leggins ingame

Raiida

3 hours ago, BrightShadow said:

Stop dragging your feet and get this fixed already, this is a serious issue that has been around for months now. It's a confirmed mistake/bug and it needs to be addressed now. We've waited long enough!

Should this visual bug with no effect on gameplay take priority over all the problems people are having where they can't even play?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Should this visual bug with no effect on gameplay take priority over all the problems people are having where they can't even play?

After almost half a year since it was reported, Yes.

Fashion for me and many others is a big part of the game. Besides, the people who mess around with textures and models are not the same people working on the base code of the game which relates to people being unable to play. They are literally different people who cannot do the same work.

Edited by BrightShadow

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 5:11 PM, JepFareborn said:

It is just me?  Lately I've seen certain players have the Regal skirt on with and WITHOUT leggings.  ? ? ? I swear individual players' accounts are corrupted or bugged and BioWare has to individually inspect each of the players' accounts with a monocle on.

No, you don't understand. The leggins only show up when "you" wear them. When other players or companions do, they function properly.

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!!!! STILL NOT FIXED DISPITE JACKIE PRENTENDING TO CARE

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 4:06 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

While I do appreciate a good pair of leggings, especially during the colder months, this was not intended to happen. So the team will be looking into a fix for it in a future update. 

Has this been forgotten i know its a small bug compared to others but its been almost 6 months now since this was broken!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I'm really disappointed. It's been more than half a year and it still isn't fixed. Now it's summer, and guess what we'd like to wear in summer..... mini-skirts with NO LEGGINGS!

Let's hope that this tiny little hint from last patchnotes where they mention some leggings-issues to be fixed in a future update is what we've been waiting for. And let's hope it doesn't take them until next Life Day to actually fix it.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Ok, apologies for the slow response on this one as it took quite a bit of digging to work through what exactly happened. I will give the details further down but for the TLDR -- The skirt with the leggings is intended and so that version will stay untouched. However, given the nature of that fix happening we are going to add a version of the skirt without leggings in 7.3.1. So anyone who has acquired the armor set at that point, or who pulls it down from collections (for those who already own it), will receive both versions.

Now for the detailed breakdown for those who are curious. So with some digging it seems that when this armor set was released way back in 2013 it actually launched bugged. The bug was that the leggings weren't showing on the character model but were showing up in almost every other situation (such as the plates and in the gears icon). Unfortunate that the place it was bugged was the most visible, which certainly makes the whole thing confusing as to what the bug actually is. As you know, once an MTX item goes live we are very, very hesitant on touching something someone has paid for unless it is very clear it was bugged. This skirt issue didn't present that clearly as a bug so it isn't something we would actually have changed.

However, with our journey to 64-bit we effectively (and bear with my highly technical terms) jiggled the handle on every texture in the game. When that pass touched this armor set, it re-exported the skirt which was all that was needed to fix the leggings. We didn't actually fix the skirt intentionally, it was a byproduct of our move to 64-bit.

All of that said, that is why our plan will just be to have both versions of the skirt for previous and future purchases. Appreciate your patience as we dug through this very unusual series of events that led us here.

Thanks all!

-eric

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16

3 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Ok, apologies for the slow response on this one as it took quite a bit of digging to work through what exactly happened.

Now for the detailed breakdown for those who are curious.

(and bear with my highly technical terms)

Thanks all!

-eric

Dear  @EricMusco , i've been "critical" of you sometimes ( *coughs* no GSF support?!?! :sy_starship: )  but i must say seeing YOU of all people posting today here in the *Bug Reports* section no less  is....well...let's just say it's a very very welcomed surprise.

Especially the detailed historical breakdown and technical terms.   Transparency & Reasons  goes a long way and i really hope now that u guys are 'BroadWare' , perhaps these forums will get back to how they used to be with MORE  info & intel ( aka Dev posts )  like the one you just posted today.

i for one really appreciate it. :ph_thank_you:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Especially the detailed historical breakdown and technical terms.   Transparency & Reasons  goes a long way and i really hope now that u guys are 'BroadWare' , perhaps these forums will get back to how they used to be with MORE  info & intel ( aka Dev posts )  like the one you just posted today.

Absolutely, I'm positively shocked. 

The solution with two different skirts is also very appreciated. I for one like the leggins and I'm glad we get to choose how to wear it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Dear  @EricMusco , i've been "critical" of you sometimes ( *coughs* no GSF support?!?! :sy_starship: )  but i must say seeing YOU of all people posting today here in the *Bug Reports* section no less  is....well...let's just say it's a very very welcomed surprise.

i for one really appreciate it. :ph_thank_you:

Ditto!!!!!

46 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

As you know, once an MTX item goes live we are very, very hesitant on touching something someone has paid for

I implore you to rethink that stance. Many great old armor sets are straight up unwearable today because of the low res textures compared to the new armor sets. A texture update for these sets would be very appreciated. It would also increase sales I'd imagine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

AMAZING RESPONSE. My mini-skirt is crucial to my Cathar Smuggler's casual/default outfit, and I always was weirded out by the leggings only on the log in menu. I'm glad I can keep the in game look moving forward, while also having the option to have the leggings. Probably will do that on another toon.

2 hours ago, EricMusco said:

However, given the nature of that fix happening we are going to add a version of the skirt without leggings in 7.3.1. So anyone who has acquired the armor set at that point, or who pulls it down from collections (for those who already own it), will receive both versions.

Proof that Broadsword are the true heroes 

Edited by Traceguy
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, EricMusco said:

(snip an interesting analysis)

Hey Eric, thanks for taking the time to explain this.  It was interesting.  (((For those in the general audience who either don't know or have been willfully "I dgaf about what STC says", I have been a professional developper since a long time ago, almost 35 years...)))

• Haha 1

Cheers Eric for letting us know! 👍

Is there also any chance you will (or could) do the same leggless for the skirt from "Force Disciple's" armor set as well? They are the same model as "The Last Handmainden's Armor Set" or are they intended to be with leggings?
Imho these skirts looks better then the Regal one (as that has a square-ish model right in the center of...yeah there).

Tyvm in advance!

I'll take that as proof, that you guys read everything, but can't answer on every topic. 😸

That's really sweet news! Also good transparency!

(I now imagine that you have this huge To-Do list somewhere with the title "Boss, give me time to work on this" 😁)

Edit: Spoke with a few friends, that aren't using the forums. They also want to praise the tranparency. I feel like you have to hear (read^^) that.

Edited by Vyzra
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Ok, apologies for the slow response on this one as it took quite a bit of digging to work through what exactly happened. I will give the details further down but for the TLDR -- The skirt with the leggings is intended and so that version will stay untouched. However, given the nature of that fix happening we are going to add a version of the skirt without leggings in 7.3.1. So anyone who has acquired the armor set at that point, or who pulls it down from collections (for those who already own it), will receive both versions.

Now for the detailed breakdown for those who are curious. So with some digging it seems that when this armor set was released way back in 2013 it actually launched bugged. The bug was that the leggings weren't showing on the character model but were showing up in almost every other situation (such as the plates and in the gears icon). Unfortunate that the place it was bugged was the most visible, which certainly makes the whole thing confusing as to what the bug actually is. As you know, once an MTX item goes live we are very, very hesitant on touching something someone has paid for unless it is very clear it was bugged. This skirt issue didn't present that clearly as a bug so it isn't something we would actually have changed.

However, with our journey to 64-bit we effectively (and bear with my highly technical terms) jiggled the handle on every texture in the game. When that pass touched this armor set, it re-exported the skirt which was all that was needed to fix the leggings. We didn't actually fix the skirt intentionally, it was a byproduct of our move to 64-bit.

All of that said, that is why our plan will just be to have both versions of the skirt for previous and future purchases. Appreciate your patience as we dug through this very unusual series of events that led us here.

Thanks all!

-eric

Thank you so much Eric for such detailed response!

Somehow even though bugs like this can be little annoying if you experience them in game, hearing the story behind kind of makes it less annoying, atleast for me. 😃 You go from "oh, how can this stupid skirt be this buggy that it randomly gets pants added into it" to "oh, makes sense that 64-bit updates can cause unexpected stuff like this if the skirt was little bugged in the first place".

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Thanks all!

-eric

Wow, thank you very much for your quick reply and your detailed answer. Also thank you very much for bringing in the solution with both versions. I appreciate this very much as this particular piece of clothing is  in almost all of my characters' wardrobe somewhere. I'm looking forward to having them wear it again, and maybe have a weather-based swappable set. This makes me very happy! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, EricMusco said:

Hey folks,

Thanks all!

-eric

Just come back from a several month break to the game - one of the first things I checked (sad, I know) was whether I could finally use this skirt to complete the outfit I had been putting together. So glad I checked back on this thread and found out about the new item in my collection - an elegant solution and it works. Thank you for fixing this and for the good communication, this made me smile.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.