Reset Combat Styles

Shaori

Has there been any word or rumor that they might let us reset our secondary combat style/class?

I deeply regret not giving all my characters stealth and I've been putting some serious thought into deleting the ones without stealth then releveling them when they offer another double exp buff. However, I would hate doing that if a month or whatever later they give us that option.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shaori said:

Has there been any word or rumor that they might let us reset our secondary combat style/class?

I deeply regret not giving all my characters stealth and I've been putting some serious thought into deleting the ones without stealth then releveling them when they offer another double exp buff. However, I would hate doing that if a month or whatever later they give us that option.

unless you are hitting your character cap, keep the ones you don't want around as mules to help you craft or organize items.

2 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

I originally loved the idea of being able to switch styles but due to the cumbersome way it is done, I decided to forgo a 2nd style on most of my characters. 

Could it be better? Sure. But I don't really think it's that bad now. Once you have your loadouts set up, just hit a button and done. 

Forcing gear to be in the inventory is my only complaint, otherwise it's fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the OPs point. I agree that stealth is nice. Pre 7.0 I actually said that everyone would be stealthing now and you'd be dumb not to do it. I was wrong. Again stealth is nice but I don't think it's a necessity. About 75% of my roster has it, and those that don't, do not feel like they're at a massive disadvantage or anything. It might take a little longer to clear the trash instead of stealthing through it, but I find that to be an acceptable trade off. I enjoy most of the none stealth spec play styles more, and just stealthing past everything feels like you're not even playing the game sometimes, just rushing from one point to the next. I get that everyone has their own play style, but it's really not so bad to slow down and enjoy the smell of your enemies dead corpses =D

• Like 1

They said at the beginning they were permanent. I could see them adding a one-time change mission as part of a new expansion or something big like that. They don't want players just switching to the flavor of the month combat style / discipline. Personally, I would be fine with a long cooldown on it. Something like 6 months, and after that you can change your second combat style to something else.

3 hours ago, Setta said:

Now to the OPs point. I agree that stealth is nice. Pre 7.0 I actually said that everyone would be stealthing now and you'd be dumb not to do it. I was wrong. Again stealth is nice but I don't think it's a necessity. About 75% of my roster has it, and those that don't, do not feel like they're at a massive disadvantage or anything. It might take a little longer to clear the trash instead of stealthing through it, but I find that to be an acceptable trade off. I enjoy most of the none stealth spec play styles more, and just stealthing past everything feels like you're not even playing the game sometimes, just rushing from one point to the next. I get that everyone has their own play style, but it's really not so bad to slow down and enjoy the smell of your enemies dead corpses =D

It depends on the particular mission. Some of them stealth doesn't make much difference, but there are some that stealth greatly speeds up. In general, I'm fine having to kill some mobs because it means I get the kills needed for Defeat Enemies at the same time. For leveling characters, I usually want to get some kills for the bonus (more xp!).

Edited by ThanderSnB

5 hours ago, Setta said:

Forcing gear to be in the inventory is my only complaint, otherwise it's fine.

I so wish it could just pull loadout gear from legacy storage. Having a constantly 90% full inventory stresses me out. 

Edited by waisting
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

They said at the beginning they were permanent. I could see them adding a one-time change mission as part of a new expansion or something big like that. They don't want players just switching to the flavor of the month combat style / discipline. Personally, I would be fine with a long cooldown on it. Something like 6 months, and after that you can change your second combat style to something else.

It depends on the particular mission. Some of them stealth doesn't make much difference, but there are some that stealth greatly speeds up. In general, I'm fine having to kill some mobs because it means I get the kills needed for Defeat Enemies at the same time. For leveling characters, I usually want to get some kills for the bonus (more xp!).

I know they said it was permanent but if they are given the time and feel they can profit, I bet they will sell respecs on the CM once they are developed.

5 hours ago, waisting said:

I so wish it could just pull loadout gear from legacy storage. Having a constantly 90% full inventory stresses me out. 

You can do this now but you need to have an extra set of bind on legacy gear and a bit of set up.

1) Equip a "swap set" of Bind on Legacy gear and save this to Loadout 1. This set does not need any real stats but does need to be Bind on Legacy.

2) Equip a "real set" of gear that you use for combat and save this to Loadout 2. This gear must be Bind on Legacy if you intend to store your gear in the Legacy Bank for all characters to use.

3) Switch to Loadout 1 so you have your "swap set" on and put your "real set" in your legacy bank.

While Loadout 1 is active, open your legacy bank and activate Loadout 2. This will automatically swap the gear from Loadout 1 to Loadout 2 without you having to personally take the gear off and equip it.

Suggestions: Use a cheap set of Bind on Legacy gear. You can use either a Galactic Season set or buy a cheap set of Space Guardian gear from the Imperial tech frag vender Z9-V86 <Cosmetic Armor and Weapons> using credits.  Then either use a Galactic Season primary weapon or buy a primary and off hand weapon from the Imperial tech frag vender Takanna <Spoils of War Vendor>. Your off hand weapon must be listed as "off hand" for this to swap your off hands correctly.

Use Galactic Season items and tech frag vender items over conquest and PvP items because you can leave the items without mods and you won't accidentally deconstruct them (I have done this countless times). They also stand out in your legacy inventory so you can quickly see if you left your "swap set" on.

For Relics use two Antiviral Kit Rakghoul Relics you can buy on fleet for credits. Implants buy what ever is cheapest for you. For tacticals I use Biorhythm which I bought from Onderon using credits but you need reputation to gain access.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:20 AM, Shaori said:

Thats kind on pointless. In the later end areas stealth no longer works. You cannot stealth through the newer areas Thanks to the current development team trying to slow everything down.

1 hour ago, akdonkey said:

Thats kind on pointless. In the later end areas stealth no longer works. You cannot stealth through the newer areas Thanks to the current development team trying to slow everything down.

stealth is an amazing option for doing dailies, galactic season, running FPs as a full stealth group (or even having a couple stealth CC mobs and walk past). All my characters have a stealth option just for this. It's useless in Operations but useful everywhere else to save you time.

null pointer references are bad mkay

any argument about "why cant we change the combat styles we've already picked" is really equally applicable to the pre-combat styles system

and someone here did already address the point of FotM chasing, which people already do to a degree with alts

19 hours ago, illgot said:

I know they said it was permanent but if they are given the time and feel they can profit, I bet they will sell respecs on the CM once they are developed.

and for what reason would this not have been developed as part of 7.0 if it was an intended part of the system

if EA really wanted them to monetize class changes it would have happened years ago

23 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

and for what reason would this not have been developed as part of 7.0 if it was an intended part of the system

if EA really wanted them to monetize class changes it would have happened years ago

It's not an immediate process when you have a smaller team adding on features that were never designed into the engine from the start. Release the ability to dual spec, once that is stable and they know people use it, sell respecs when the system is further developed if possible.

Edited by illgot

10 hours ago, illgot said:

It's not an immediate process when you have a smaller team adding on features that were never designed into the engine from the start. Release the ability to dual spec, once that is stable and they know people use it, sell respecs when the system is further developed if possible.

once again, they never sold us advanced class "respecs" in the 10 years of the game prior to combat styles existing, even though I'm almost certain that it's something players would have asked for, and it probably would have been far simpler to build in the advanced classes system because you only ever had two options

sometimes things do (or dont) happen for a reason

9 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

once again, they never sold us advanced class "respecs" in the 10 years of the game prior to combat styles existing, even though I'm almost certain that it's something players would have asked for, and it probably would have been far simpler to build in the advanced classes system because you only ever had two options

sometimes things do (or dont) happen for a reason

20 hours ago, illgot said:

Edited by illgot