Can someone explain to me what happen to the gear system ?

YaanaOhtar

Hi, I am a returned player. I stopped playing around July last year and recently decided to come back. Then I found out there are no mods drop, there are only stat build in gear from vendor and from FP. I can't find any info about bonus set at level 80. Am I missing something ? Or mod and bonus set only from OP ?

3 minutes ago, YaanaOhtar said:

Hi, I am a returned player. I stopped playing around July last year and recently decided to come back. Then I found out there are no mods drop, there are only stat build in gear from vendor and from FP. I can't find any info about bonus set at level 80. Am I missing something ? Or mod and bonus set only from OP ?

They pretty much destroyed one of the greatest gearing systems ever, the play how you want style. They reverted it back to a grind intensive non rewarding system. Gotta grind Operations and other daily crap.

26 minutes ago, akdonkey said:

They pretty much destroyed one of the greatest gearing systems ever, the play how you want style. They reverted it back to a grind intensive non rewarding system. Gotta grind Operations and other daily crap.

10 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hi there, be sure to see all  sticky threads, especially this one--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925879-gear-and-progression-changes-coming-with-72

...And WELCOME BACK to SWTOR! :ph_cheers:

Thanks, isn't it is too grinding ? What happen to items that are augmented ? What if I want to focus on one stat instead of the build in stat ? Also, are there no longer set bonus ? Cause I don't see that info.

Set bonuses exist for fleet vendors. 

Cartel set bonuses gone.

The dice rolling custom bonuses are gone. 

Fp bosses drop junk.  No more mission rewards really..  Crafting is nigh useless.  Top tier only comes from masters.  Conquest now gives Conquest points for gear in fleet.. tech frags i dunno anymore.  

I could go on,  but basically...

7.0 - let the hate flow through you. 

The normal gearing doesn't have mods, but you can unlock a mod vendor with a quest on fleet in Supplies section. It's available at level 80. You have to upgrade one blue item to 328 (pvp) or 330 (pve). Repeat with a purple item if you want purple enhancements. Blue items come from flashpoints, and purple items come from nim (master) operations. You can also get purples from pvp but only works to unlock 328 purple mods. Then you can buy mods for credits.

I can't remember the cost off the top of my head, but I'm thinking around 100k credits per mod. You can build your stats however you want with this vendor, but it only goes to 330. The only thing you can't get with the mod vendor are Accessories (ear piece, relics) because they don't have mod slots. The new ops drops gear that goes up to 340 if you want to do that grind, but most people just stop at 330.

It takes a few weeks for most players to unlock the mod vendor. (You can do it one week if you are willing to grind tons of flashpoints.) Then you just need credits. Because of inflation, you can get enough credits in one week by selling some crafting mats or encryptions from conquest rewards. For example, on Star Forge, you can get minimum 15 million credits from 1 encryption, more than enough to gear multiple characters in 330 gear (except accessories).

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Methlon said:

Set bonuses exist for fleet vendors. 

Cartel set bonuses gone.

You must be confused. The Cartel Market Never had set bonuses. Only end game gear did, even before 7.0. The difference now is that the set pieces are not in the armor pieces, but in your implant slots now. 

These are bought on fleet from a special vendor once you complete an introductory quest 1st.

15 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

what

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

You must be confused. The Cartel Market Never had set bonuses. Only end game gear did, even before 7.0. The difference now is that the set pieces are not in the armor pieces, but in your implant slots now. 

These are bought on fleet from a special vendor once you complete an introductory quest 1st.

Only CM set bonus I know of is Space Barbie Snob. If I catch someone rocking a full set as an outfit (definitely different than using a set for mod slots) with no mixing and matching, not even so much as a dye, they are sentenced to mocking and a snowball on sight.

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2022 at 7:09 PM, YaanaOhtar said:

BW Fixed it.....

Much like you would FIX a male Dog, by cutting off it's.......

BW did much the same thing.

They cut off the games.......

And we wound up with the same thing.

A Neutered Game That Will Never Be Functional AGAIN....

I'm going to be the optimistic troll here and say what I thought 7.0 was when I first heard about it.
Word on the street is that this was a soft reset of the game.
Meaning things are rolled back until they can build it to what it was with gear and other content that was as you say cut..... :D (Just my opinion there)
I'm still holding out they can bring it back. 
I'm liking the new set bonuses on the implants but still would love to see gear bonuses again.
Also missing that other gear thing they had a couple years ago you know them "Amplifiers"... (It certainly would help game credit inflation a little)
Why did it have to get booted so quick?

Maybe some already dot this but for gearing overview i would recommend this site.

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-level-80-gearing-guide/

If you want mods I'd go for the Hyde and zeek route to unlock their shop. 

Set Boni are now on implants and you need to unlock the shop with a quest as well.

https://swtorista.com/articles/legendary-implants/

Good luck and have fun playing 

3 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

I'm going to be the optimistic troll here and say what I thought 7.0 was when I first heard about it.
Word on the street is that this was a soft reset of the game.
Meaning things are rolled back until they can build it to what it was with gear and other content that was as you say cut..... :D (Just my opinion there)
I'm still holding out they can bring it back. 
I'm liking the new set bonuses on the implants but still would love to see gear bonuses again.
Also missing that other gear thing they had a couple years ago you know them "Amplifiers"... (It certainly would help game credit inflation a little)
Why did it have to get booted so quick?

each major update that increases the max level is a "soft reset"

about bonuses on gear, tbh there's no one size fits all solution, with Loadouts I might hate them less then I did in 6.x but at the same time when Loadouts break the Game is not unplayable only because the Bonuses are limited to just a tiny number of special Items, if you use different sets to adapt your Class to different situations why isn't it simply in the Ability choices? sparing us the BS Inventory management.

I do NOT want to see tons of special gear back until SWTOR gets a powerful search feature, lets you favorite & tag Gear, lets you synchronize Loadouts between Characters, lets you setup automatic filters to auto disintegrate / auto Vendor Items you have specified...

once Inventory Management in SWTOR is fixed and if it's not done via BS Lottery I don't mind if we get interesting gear, until then / unless acquisition is deterministic Boring Gear is just the best.

• Like 1

actually the system is fine, but misunderstood by many.
the problem i see is, that ppl are just looking at colors, not numbers.
and so they think, that purple is the best for them, but that's not true.

also guides are just focused on max output. this is fine, but not helpfull
for every player. and wording sometimes is a problem, because you could
think, that purple is the best for you. but it may is not.

to sum it up a bit, greens focus more on health points. purple focus on the
outcome, so dps, hps, etc. and blues have balanced stats. 

but a solo player, who is very far away from perfect rotations won't profit from
better stats for more outcome. but they will profit more of a bigger life pool.
and here you just need to do a single conquest to get the starter gear and can
upgrade it to a level you nearly can clear everything in the game; maybe everything.
but especially for the content solo players are playing, a bigger life pool is the best choice.

if you are starting with group activities, the blue gear is the best choice, because you trade
some health points for a better outcome. but you still keep a buffer. enough room to learn mechanics.
you get it from flashpoints or vet operations. so also ev & kp.

but if you just want to min-max and have the best outcome and you are constantly working on it to
improve your playstyle, you trade even more life for better secondary and tertiar stats. 

hyde & zeek is just a catch up, to gear up fast. you just need a single EV vet run and some op-mats
to unlock mod-330s.

there are some issues with 340s and i don't like, that these are static.

the only stupid thing is the grindy quest to unlock implants on every toon, but actually you just need it with a few.

but the old system had so much issues. best in slot gear was luck locked and a massive grind. also you found so
many players with completly wrong stats and using set bonuses you won't profit at all. way to much choices.
and at the end, if you wanted to min-max, there even was no choice at all. all the other sets where just for the lulz

Edited by fabsus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fabsus said:

actually the system is fine, but misunderstood by many.
the problem i see is, that ppl are just looking at colors, not numbers.
and so they think, that purple is the best for them, but that's not true.

also guides are just focused on max output. this is fine, but not helpfull
for every player. and wording sometimes is a problem, because you could
think, that purple is the best for you. but it may is not.

to sum it up a bit, greens focus more on health points. purple focus on the
outcome, so dps, hps, etc. and blues have balanced stats. 

but a solo player, who is very far away from perfect rotations won't profit from
better stats for more outcome. but they will profit more of a bigger life pool.
and here you just need to do a single conquest to get the starter gear and can
upgrade it to a level you nearly can clear everything in the game; maybe everything.
but especially for the content solo players are playing, a bigger life pool is the best choice.

if you are starting with group activities, the blue gear is the best choice, because you trade
some health points for a better outcome. but you still keep a buffer. enough room to learn mechanics.
you get it from flashpoints or vet operations. so also ev & kp.

but if you just want to min-max and have the best outcome and you are constantly working on it to
improve your playstyle, you trade even more life for better secondary and tertiar stats. 

hyde & zeek is just a catch up, to gear up fast. you just need a single EV vet run and some op-mats
to unlock mod-330s.

there are some issues with 340s and i don't like, that these are static.

the only stupid thing is the grindy quest to unlock implants on every toon, but actually you just need it with a few.

but the old system had so much issues. best in slot gear was luck locked and a massive grind. also you found so
many players with completly wrong stats and using set bonuses you won't profit at all. way to much choices.
and at the end, if you wanted to min-max, there even was no choice at all. all the other sets where just for the lulz

Thanks for the explain, yes I saw that the green, blue, purple has the exact stat, that confuse the heck out of me. I am not saying the idea is bad or good. But a sudden change of color definition at the end game when the majority of content still keep the old color scheme system green<blue<purple. I would say, more choices is always better. I played as shadow, I had a bunch of sets with different stat for different boss and OP. I prefer to have more agency in building my character.