Make Areas Around Vendors No Mount Zones

DWho

Please make the areas around vendors no mount zones (zones where the character is automatically dismounted). With all the large mounts now available, the vendors are often obscured (sometimes intentionally) by these large mounts. A Particular problem area is the vendors around the outer ring at fleet where lots of players congregate. Obviously there are some zones where this isn't really possible due to limited space and high through traffic, but certain heavily congested areas would benefit from dismounting players when they approach and interact with the vendors.

• Like 4

imo an "interact with npc/Object" button would be preferable, it doesn't have the annoying downside of the forced dismount.

Mount while moving is a Legacy perk -> new Players won't have it -> they have to walk away from the vendor, stop, try if they are far enough,... it's really annoying.
same for Rocket Boots, assuming you would still allow those.

in my experience it's never been an Issue, so your Solution would punish everyone for next to no gain.
in my Opinion SWTOR has moved more and more towards punish everyone to fix unintended behaviors as it is, we need anything except more of that.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius
spelling

on the other hand there is a whole big no-mount zone in Coruscant Senate and DK Sith Citadel. I can see the Citadel, as if you are obscured by other people you can fall there if you are new, but the Senate (and Alderaan Palace) it is annoying to have to walk around the whole thing.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, Shayddow said:

on the other hand there is a whole big no-mount zone in Coruscant Senate and DK Sith Citadel. I can see the Citadel, as if you are obscured by other people you can fall there if you are new, but the Senate (and Alderaan Palace) it is annoying to have to walk around the whole thing.

Yes, some areas are excessive in scope currently. However, limiting the no mount zone to only the room the vendor is in (on the fleet) or a small zone around them elsewhere, wouldn't dismount people going by (since they would exit the dismount zone before the dismount occurs) and would take only a second or two to run out of to activate the mount after dealing with the vendor (hardly an inconvenience).

On 11/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, xordevoreaux said:

I agree with Steve, it'd be enough to clobber mountability around vendors on fleet.

Fleet is by far the biggest problem area and is the most crowded. Fixing that would be a big step forward. It also involves only small areas with pretty well defined edges, so it should be less intrusive than open areas where the edge might be less obvious

42 minutes ago, DWho said:

Fleet is by far the biggest problem area and is the most crowded. Fixing that would be a big step forward.

Pun intended?  :D  Anyways,  imo  BioWare  never should've allowed  mounts/vehicles  to be used on Fleet in the first place.

Players already have  'sprint' skills (Force Run & such) and Fleet is nothing more than a small  center-ring with a slightly larger outer-ring.   Oh gosh what a travesty  it just might take players a whopping 10 seconds instead of 5 to go from section to section. :ph_lol:

Not to mention the utter ridiculous  immersion-breaking  sight of a large TANK or massive RANCOR  *poofing*  out of nowhere from under a player's  booty  aboard a  space-station with small corridors & low-ceiling  elevator hallways. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately  now 10+ years later it's far too late,  since  BioWare needs everyone to show off  their  58th mount re-$kin from 'Cartel Market'.

(At least they tried by placing those automatic speeder-clickys  no one ever uses)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

What's that ability called on my Gunnery Commando?

oh oh i know this one!  It's called.... 'Sarcastic Burst' :rolleyes:

p.s.  Okay so it would take YOU an extra 3 seconds to get from ERP cantina-clump over to the 'Kai' vendor.   Wow, the horror.

57 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

p.s.  Okay so it would take YOU an extra 3 seconds to get from ERP cantina-clump over to the 'Kai' vendor.   Wow, the horror.

how much it makes the game worse doesn't matter. the fact that it will make it worse is what will sting.

it's like your boss telling you your pay will be cut by 5% but you can 1/2 an Hour longer each day to get the same amount.

16 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

The comment was directed at the blanket assumption that all characters actually have an ability like Force Speed rather than the overall time it would take or not take.

it would be nice if venders would have an outline while not in direct view and clicking the vender takes priority over clicking a player. This would be a QOL change that we'll never see.

I have never had issues myself because go first person or if the mount is large enough walk up to the NPC and view them while "inside" the mounted player.

Edited by illgot

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The comment was directed at the blanket assumption that all characters actually have an ability like Force Speed

i know exactly what your "comment"  meant  , but unfortunately  you made a tactical error and assumed i was  making a  "blanket assumption"  (which i wasn't) .

Instead,  re-read  EXACTLY what i typed.   I said  Players , in the general sense.  I didn't say  "all"  Players, did i?  Nope.   But then you decided to go into  parse-then-post  mode.  ( something i often do myself, so np  :D )

And i've played all 8 Classes , so i'm well aware which specs  do & don't have  EXTRA  'speed'  skill.  Hence why i also said  "Force Speed & such" .

Regardless, as per usual,  you pretty much ignored my overall point (that mounts&vehicles on Fleet = dumb) in favor of  cherry-picking to forum flex.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, since i'd be shocked if BioWare  ever implements this  suggestion anyway.

See ya on FLEET! :csw_bike:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: 'tone' is so hard to convey sometimes, but whatever peeps gonna take it how they take it

I definitely agree on this suggestion.  This would apply to some of the more public areas of space stations (in particular)  such as the GTN and perhaps even personal cargo and legacy storage areas.  IIRC most of these areas (even the GTN and cargo areas) are (for the most part) in areas set apart from the main flow of traffic whether in small rooms / raised or lowered platforms.  As it has already been pointed out those areas would be the ideal ones set aside for auto-dismount.   

(It might even be considered for the area where life day celebration is in progress as well!)

Frankly, this should have been done ages ago!!