I will not be playing this Galactic Seasons

Eckrond

Loved the last season, actually ended up buying straight to level 100 in cartel coins but I still enjoyed the objectives and the rep tracker for Shadow Syndicate despite the general lack of reward for it.

I will not be participating in this season - I was very excited for it until I logged in and saw that you nerfed the CC reward without saying anything about it, and why?  Because you hoped maybe some people bought CC before finding out?  Glad I didn't, I really can't even begin to understand any ethically justifiable reasons you've done this, I understand it was to hurt people grinding across all servers, SO GOOD JOB!  You hurt an entire player base in order to hurt a small minority of players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Eckrond said:

I really can't even begin to understand any ethically justifiable reasons you've done this, I understand it was to hurt people grinding across all servers...

There was no grind.

At the end of every GS you can buy the early levels for credits to catch up. All you had to do last season was a server transfer with enough credits to buy/catch up levels 1-95 and get almost 4000cc out of it. So in the end the last season was a giant exchange from credits into cc.

29 minutes ago, denajii said:

I read on a post that they added more cartel packs to the overall rewards

Honestly I'm more excited for getting those than the cc

The lessened cc does suck, but its not that bad imo

I'd take cold hot dog water over packs. CC at least offered you more flexibility in how you spent it. Packs are a gamble and often not worth it.

1 minute ago, illgot said:

2000 CC total this season and 5 Cartel Packs. You can sell those packs for 300-350 million each. Probably 400 million by the time the season ends.

Still less flexibility than CC, but the packs are legacy bound anyway.

• Like 2

Getting Cartel Pack is poor substitute.  I used coins for selective purchases in Cartel Market, bundles most often.  Selling contents of packs will not get you what you want if the items are not on the GTN and every single day the items available are growing smaller and smaller while costing more and more.  Bundles along with hypercrates vanished a long time ago from the gtn.  Some things you can find being bartered for on fleet for billions but outside that, forget it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DarthCasus said:

Still less flexibility than CC, but the packs are legacy bound anyway.

completely. I have no use for Cartel Packs, there is nothing that comes out of them I can use. CC I can use to buy the few new items I need or unlock items account wide.

1 minute ago, FlameYOL said:

While I'm also upset at the CC nerf its not like it was the only reason you need to run GS, the items this season are still pretty good even if they aren't as flashy as I'd hoped. 

for some of us it is. Personally nothing this seasons appeals to me other than the CC. I'll unlock the full season to add items to Collections but I'm not going to use anything from this season.

Edited by illgot

8 minutes ago, illgot said:

2000 CC total this season and 5 Cartel Packs. You can sell those packs for 300-350 million each. Probably 400 million by the time the season ends.

According to the blog post, you can't sell the packs or crates, just the items inside them.

Regardless, the mentality of "I get less cc than before, therefore I'll opt out and get no cc" is... odd, to say the least. Kind of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Edited by Crystal_Mind
more thoughts

12 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

According to the blog post, you can't sell the packs or crates, just the items inside them.

Regardless, the mentality of "I get less cc than before, therefore I'll opt out and get no cc" is... odd, to say the least. Kind of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

that sucks because those crates and packs from the GS gave my characters the same items on every server. It was like they had a pool of maybe 5-10 items and they did not fully draw from the whole database like the normal CM packs.

I bought the whole season with CC, but to be honest: the armor sets and weapons are just bad, boring, bland, uninspired! Even the "best" item, the speeder, is just a normal speeder with artwork on the sides.

Laso a question: I cannot redeem all comms and tokens. is there a hardcap for comms? I am at 2487.

• Haha 1

My objection is the subject that it's centered around.  It should be noted that this is not a "tantrum" ...  but it a serious demonstration of my total disappointment in the theme of this particular GS.  Again ... yet another companion that we do not interact with??  Really.  Sooo  are  special abilities available for this one that a normal companion does not have?  If so, this throws up yet another red flag...  Companions (with NO interaction whatsoever) and moving the general audience toward PREFERING this sort of addition to the game.  (It's cheaper this way ...  one and done no VA  stuff ... etc ... etc.  No longer needed in the story after the initial release.   Might as well tie an amulet around my neck and do away with the companion altogether (gets the same job done).

Is the next step buying one of these special companions on the CM with special abilities???   I just have to wonder if this is where SWTOR is headed. While I do NOT believe that we are there YET (not even close) ... IMO this is definitely a good question to ask.

While there are some things in this season that might be worth it ..  I WON'T be messing with this companion.  I have yet to collect the others.  That is my choice!  I don't regret it!  I strongly disagree with so much of this game now being attached to some form of gambling.  I genuinely hope I'm wrong that this is where things are headed.

And NO, I don't expect very many to agree with me!  But I did want to express my disappointment in this theme behind the GS3.

I will continue to play the game as I normally do.  Whatever I get ...  I'll collect!  The rest ...  totally scrapped (on my part).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alithia said:

I bought the whole season with CC, but to be honest: the armor sets and weapons are just bad, boring, bland, uninspired! Even the "best" item, the speeder, is just a normal speeder with artwork on the sides.

Laso a question: I cannot redeem all comms and tokens. is there a hardcap for comms? I am at 2487.

I'm sorry but I have no clue why anyone would reward this with an instant buy out. Even with all the money in the world, there's gotta be better things to throw that at lol I actually like the comp and some of the blue weapons, but I can wait to get to them. If I burn out before the credit buyout opens up, I'll just miss out. This expansion and 90% of all the disappointment that's come with it press onward!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Your logic only makes sense if SWTOR was the only game to play in the world.

the last two Galactic Season it was a much better reward to earn 200 cartel coins as you go, and then you can save up to buy something u wanted. but putting in those Ultmate Cartel Packs is no good judgement. sorry but by only adding in 2000 as a total when no one can barely afford to buy something you wanted. 

1 hour ago, OlBuzzard said:

My objection is the subject that it's centered around.  It should be noted that this is not a "tantrum" ...  but it a serious demonstration of my total disappointment in the theme of this particular GS.  Again ... yet another companion that we do not interact with??  Really.  Sooo  are  special abilities available for this one that a normal companion does not have?  If so, this throws up yet another red flag...  Companions (with NO interaction whatsoever) and moving the general audience toward PREFERING this sort of addition to the game.  (It's cheaper this way ...  one and done no VA  stuff ... etc ... etc.  No longer needed in the story after the initial release.   Might as well tie an amulet around my neck and do away with the companion altogether (gets the same job done).

Is the next step buying one of these special companions on the CM with special abilities???   I just have to wonder if this is where SWTOR is headed. While I do NOT believe that we are there YET (not even close) ... IMO this is definitely a good question to ask.

While there are some things in this season that might be worth it ..  I WON'T be messing with this companion.  I have yet to collect the others.  That is my choice!  I don't regret it!  I strongly disagree with so much of this game now being attached to some form of gambling.  I genuinely hope I'm wrong that this is where things are headed.

And NO, I don't expect very many to agree with me!  But I did want to express my disappointment in this theme behind the GS3.

I will continue to play the game as I normally do.  Whatever I get ...  I'll collect!  The rest ...  totally scrapped (on my part).

I will agree to your comment i do want those weapons, but to unluck them totally in collections is 150 CC and we only get 2000,4000 cartel coins from this season alone. yeah this season is a bust. for me ill skip this one and just play the game without its rewards. im not missing anything from here. 

9 hours ago, Alithia said:

And it is not for you to "have a clue" what others do with their money! Not everybody is broke and thinks $100 is even a considerable amount! One hour of my time is worth more than the GS3 unlock!

It's not just about the money, but even if it were calling people "broke" for being unwilling to $100 on mediocre digital items is not the flex you think it is, if you feel offended because they called out your purchase just own that offense too since you have so much money to throw around.

That said, what you've done is sign your name in the "I like this, do this more" column of the season's content at large and the business practices displayed here.  You have validated it in one of the most compelling ways: with your wallet, and again, if pointing out the absurdity of that is offensive to you maybe try to understand why.

9 hours ago, Alithia said:

And it is not for you to "have a clue" what others do with their money! Not everybody is broke and thinks $100 is even a considerable amount! One hour of my time is worth more than the GS3 unlock!

IMO it's not JUST the money.  Although truthfully, I can't imagine dropping $100 (US) on GS-3 (for any reason).  

To put this in it's proper perspective ...  I drop almost twice that on a single fishing pole (no reel ..  just the pole).  One the other hand that pole lasts for several years (if I take good care of it).  I've replaced 4 this year.  Some that were replaced were 9 years old.  The ones that I purchased are NOT the most expensive by a LONG shot.  BUT they are "good" rods and will work very nicely.  In the end to me personally there is some justification in that expense.  (Although it should be noted that some would strongly disagree).

GS-3.

UGH!  [/facepalm]  

I'm sure that there are some that will want the droid companion.  That is a matter of personal taste.  To me the theme behind it and the idea of (yet another) companion that is ..  oh well.  I've said enough on this subject already.

The bottom line is that there is very little (if any) incentive or benefit for the GS-3 participation.  It's especially even less appealing when I review the requirements for participating in areas that really don't have any desire to engage in to begin with.  That said...  I will continue to grind for the gear I still need to accumulate for my alts (which I have reduced to less than half for active service).  If I gain any GS tokens ... fine.  I'm already almost maxed out and there's nothing of any interest to spend them on.  

In the end ...  GS-3... it IS what it is!  Nothing more ... and nothing less!

On 10/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, Eckrond said:

Loved the last season, actually ended up buying straight to level 100 in cartel coins but I still enjoyed the objectives and the rep tracker for Shadow Syndicate despite the general lack of reward for it.

I will not be participating in this season - I was very excited for it until I logged in and saw that you nerfed the CC reward without saying anything about it, and why?  Because you hoped maybe some people bought CC before finding out?  Glad I didn't, I really can't even begin to understand any ethically justifiable reasons you've done this, I understand it was to hurt people grinding across all servers, SO GOOD JOB!  You hurt an entire player base in order to hurt a small minority of players.

Please forgive me, but I don't see an issue. 

You seem to only want to do it if you make a profit ?

Spending 2000 cartel coins is just less than the cost of buying a new comp off the  cartel market

I'm quite happy with Season 3.

I need to spend time playing for the passive system to give me rewards.

Your problem is that they did not give it to you on a platter?  I don't understand .

There are great items to acquire, including cartel packs., weapons, armor and many others

57 minutes ago, Dein_Cathair said:

Spending 2000 cartel coins is just less than the cost of buying a new comp off the  cartel market

Your problem is that they did not give it to you on a platter?  I don't understand .

There are great items to acquire, including cartel packs., weapons, armor and many others

I don't either. You just can't please some people imo.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, OlBuzzard said:

Again ... yet another companion that we do not interact with??

To their credit the new companion gives you two quests so the two of you can bond a little. Still I was a little disappointed that this is the only Gemini unit that for some reason doesn't speak Galactic Basic (English, that is).

On 10/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, Dein_Cathair said:

I don't forgive you, you are either being willfully ignorant, or refusing to even read my original message in the first place.

I refuse to support the practice of offering players less with no notice whatsoever, this is not a difficult concept.

9 hours ago, Eckrond said:

I don't forgive you, you are either being willfully ignorant, or refusing to even read my original message in the first place.

I refuse to support the practice of offering players less with no notice whatsoever, this is not a difficult concept.

They aren't really though. The rewards have increased with the reduction of CC.