Collector Edition Vendor access is a slap to Collectors

HectorCasan

As title says.

The Collector Edition is a slap to COLLECTORS.

I bought and redeemed mine at 

• 01.05.2012 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition

Why do you have to socialize it now and devalue it !? It should have always been an item for those that bought the Collector's Edition. Now its extremely devalued. Holding basically 0 meaning now. As everyone can roam around with the items.

Way to shaft on your most loyal fans.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, HectorCasan said:

As i mentioned in another recent/related thread, the real "slap"  is  THIS....

"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back." :sy_bank:

....which was from  BioWare OFFICIAL:  https://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

11 minutes ago, akdonkey said:

They did not get my Malgus statue.

i still have mine and i pray to it---err i mean---PLAY with it every nite! :hope_08:

• Like 2

I got the collectors edition too. I really don't care, I had access to those items exclusively with collectors edition people for 10 years. Its just a bunch of cosmetic stuff anyway that people will be oh cool! Before they find the next great thing on the CM.

• Like 4

I run an imperial roleplaying guild. For the first time in YEARS we'll finally be able to dress as true imperial troopers. This is a happy day for our little community.

I understand your complain, but not all the people that play today had the resources or knowledge to acquire the Collector's Edition in the past. You've been able access the rewards in it for 10 years now. Your loyalty has been payed for a very long time. Now it's time for others to enjoy these items. Particularly us, the roleplayers.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, HectorCasan said:

Any bid to pit the loyalty of one set of players against another is highly misplaced. People who have spent the majority of the game's existence playing may care to argue the point with you as to who is uberest when it comes to loyalty, and as a discussion, distracts from your main point, which is first class seating is now available to everyone on the plane.

Who's more loyal, the first person through the door, or the person with the credit card receipts to show thousands of dollars purchased off the cartel market?
Who's more loyal, the person who in 2012 bought a collector's pack, or the person who subsequently spent thousands upon thousands of hours playing?

Your measure of loyalty is definitely ripe for criticism, and distracts.

Edited by xordevoreaux
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

which is first class seating is now available to everyone on the plane.

But if the plane crashes, 1st class dies FIRST.   So why would anyone want that seat for which they didn't actually purchase/belong?

(we getting wayyyy off-topic  lol  i'm gonna stop now) :ph_danger:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: new forums shouldn't be DK genchat

7 minutes ago, HectorCasan said:

The fact that its been 10 years only made it more valuable, as it meant it was rarer be a CE player still active !

Yep, and that's where the other side's  argument fails...  Since, if it's  "no big deal" to access CE vendor, then how come everyone who never had it wants access oh so badly? :confused:

As an active CE player I'm glad that they have opened this vendor up to others.  It doesn't really have anything that there isn't already a variant available in game aside from the 2 decos and the dye packs that people flip and price gauge on the GTN.  (Something wrong with people buying 2k vendor items just to list them on the GTN for 200k.)  If this helps all the loyal paying members to further enjoy the game I say more power to them. 

Next lets get the pre-order yellow black crystal vendor opened up!

PS.

Kind of happy that my wife will now have access to the vendor after all this time seeing as she is the one that bought me the collector's edition.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Wulff said:

uhh,  Ranked Season PVP'ers  gonna throw a fit then. :eek:

1 minute ago, The_Wulff said:

and the dye packs that people flip and price gauge on the GTN.  (Something wrong with people buying 2k vendor items just to list them on the GTN for 200k.)

Those dyes have always been BIND-on-legacy , no?

15 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Yep, and that's where the other side's  argument fails...  Since, if it's  "no big deal" to access CE vendor, then how come everyone who never had it wants access oh so badly? :confused:

Who said anyone wants it that badly? There's nothing there that's really all THAT cool, but for completionists and collectors, it's like having a pebble in your shoe that you couldn't get it. Especially if you simply didn't join on day one and never had the opportunity to get that stuff anyway. I don't get the idea of running around feeling 1337 because you have some basic soldier armor that most other people can't buy, or a color swap of an eye-piece, or a few whacky looking companion customizations. That's a pretty whack attitude.  If you're running around also posting in other threads that the thing never lived up to its promise because no additional items were ever added, why do YOU think it's so cool to wall people out of it?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, joshuadyal said:

but for completionists and collectors, it's like having a pebble in your shoe that you couldn't get it. Especially if you simply didn't join on day one and never had the opportunity to get that stuff anyway.

In that case, i'd like all the prior Ranked Season rewards AND  DvL Event achievements  i missed out on.  Please?

25 minutes ago, joshuadyal said:

why do YOU think it's so cool to wall people out of it?

uhh stop branching off into false extremes please, since i'm not  "walling" anyone out of anything.  Do i work for BIOWARE and make game decisions?  ( hint: No. ) -- Plus, the patch is already LIVE anyways lol sheesh.

I have a right (as much as any 2010 Founder/Collector) to express my opinion on their ^ choices though, so that's all i'm doing.

We disagree, which is totally fine by me.   Besides, i still have the 2 rarest (physical) CE items that actually still have value (Malgus statue & Gnost journal) .:ph_good_post:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: i stayed away from this topic for 10 years lol ugh

1 hour ago, joshuadyal said:

Who said anyone wants it that badly? There's nothing there that's really all THAT cool, but for completionists and collectors, it's like having a pebble in your shoe that you couldn't get it. Especially if you simply didn't join on day one and never had the opportunity to get that stuff anyway. I don't get the idea of running around feeling 1337 because you have some basic soldier armor that most other people can't buy, or a color swap of an eye-piece, or a few whacky looking companion customizations. That's a pretty whack attitude.  If you're running around also posting in other threads that the thing never lived up to its promise because no additional items were ever added, why do YOU think it's so cool to wall people out of it?

So what ? i missed some stuff of Galactic Season 1. Should i ask for handout ?

I am a wow pvper, and the best Legion PVP EPic gear i missed out on several classes. Should i ask for a handaout ?

Collectors items matter at the time of release because of their scarcity and periodicity. If you dont grab it at that point. Tough luck!. There wil be other items

Speaking as somebody who has the collectors edition, I have no issue with it. I still have my Malgus statue which they do not. I think you are getting upset over something that is really not that big of a deal. I can understand being a little upset about it but really it is fine. With what they have to pay to get it, I am fine with it. 

No it isn't. I have the ce, I bought it the night SWTOR released. I think bioware should go a step further and toss in the yellow black crystal.

Basing your identity on what others may have missed out on is kind of pathetic.

Edited by illgot

3 hours ago, HectorCasan said:

I am a wow pvper, and the best Legion PVP EPic gear i missed out on several classes. Should i ask for a handaout ?

Collectors items matter at the time of release because of their scarcity and periodicity. If you dont grab it at that point. Tough luck!. There wil be other items

No, you shouldn't ask for a handout. Why should anyone give you stuff for free You should ask for an opportunity to get stuff that's right there in your game file that you're paying for but which they won't let you use.

7 hours ago, The_Wulff said:

And don't forget about the Razer SE Green-Black crystal vendor, too! 😜  If EA / Bioware are currently charging 2000 CC for CE Vendor unlock then why not 1000 CC for yellow-black preorder crystal vendor unlock and 1750 for Razer SE green-black crystal vendor unlock?

Edited by JepFareborn

5 hours ago, HectorCasan said:

You do know the access to the Collectors Vendor is not free. They actually have to pay 2000 cartel coins to get an item to give them access to the vendor, so that is not a handout.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HectorCasan said:

As title says.

I bought and redeemed mine at 

• 01.05.2012 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition

Why do you have to socialize it now and devalue it !? It should have always been an item for those that bought the Collector's Edition. Now its extremely devalued. Holding basically 0 meaning now. As everyone can roam around with the items.

It's been almost eleven years now. I have the collectors since day one and could care less if they gave it away free. 

• Like 2