Cartel Market Flash Sale Bug?

Malgulus

Edit: This Post originally started off asking about a different bug in the CM, but I would now like the focus to be on the issue with the Savanna Vorantikus being on sale continuously - can a Dev please acknowledge this/communicate on what they are going to do about it?

Other CM bug:

So I'm not sure whether this is intentional by design, but I've noticed a really strange bug with flash sales in the Cartel Market. Take yesterday's flash sale for instance (05/10/2022), the "Tempest Warden's Armor Set". It was on sale yesterday, but now a new day has come, the flash sale has reset, but the full-priced/non-sale version of the Tempest Warden's Armor Set is completely missing from the market! I've seen some other posts on reddit and older forum posts talking about how this seems to be a bug with the CM, items that go on flash sale disappear after their sale - can one of the developers please confirm whether this is intentional or not, and if not, whether this will be fixed soon?

Edited by Malgulus

As @illgot notes, it might be a deliberate feature rather than a bug.  If they set up the market to put a now-listed item on flash sale and then remove it from the market, or to put the item on flash sale when it wasn't even up (and return it to the not-listed state), then it isn't a bug if the items on flash sale do exactly that.

4 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

How about the fact that for the last two weeks I've seen Savanna Vorantikus be the flash sale 10 times.

It is like that is all they are pushing vs. actually changing daily.

If you wont eat your Vorantikus you can't have any pudding!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Faefrost said:

If you wont eat your Vorantikus you can't have any pudding!

*Many* years ago, when I was merely a student, my roommate had an inordinate love of that song, and, in fact, the whole album it rolled in on.  He played it *loud* every single GDMF day the whole (academic) year.

Because of him, I hate that album, and now I hate you as well. 😉

I have found other forums bringing up this issue, I hope that by adding to the voices speaking out, it will encourage the developers to really put more effort into preventing bugs like this, or quickly resolving them once found.

Since 9/30/2022 There has been an obvious bug with the Cartel Markets flash sale feature, the same item Savanna Vorantikus has repeatedly been on sale almost every day since the before mentioned date.  

Others have brought up this issue, and the others surrounding this (see below), an update from the developers as to what is going on and an expected resolution would be very beneficial. Leaving your customers in the dark can cause more damage than admitting something may take time to fix, or explain why a new feature may be causing unintended effects etc. 

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925249-cartel-market-flash-sale-bug/

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925291-cm-flash-sale-repeats/

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925311-cartel-market-is-broken/#comment-9723104

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925303-flash-sale-invaded-by-savanna-vorantikus/#comment-9722974

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xXNecroVegetaXx said:

I have found other forums bringing up this issue, I hope that by adding to the voices speaking out, it will encourage the developers to really put more effort into preventing bugs like this, or quickly resolving them once found.

Others have brought up this issue, and the others surrounding this (see below), an update from the developers as to what is going on and an expected resolution would be very beneficial. Leaving your customers in the dark can cause more damage than admitting something may take time to fix,

You must've missed my similar post & link somehow:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925249-cartel-market-flash-sale-bug/?do=findComment&comment=9722966

But anyways, as flawed as BioWare is (and yes they are very flawed)  , they aren't  "leaving customers in the dark"  .   They've actually been  out-of-the-office  for 5 days , because of the long weekend & USA holiday  yesterday.   I mentioned this earlier but  rarely do players bother reading entire threads before posting anymore. :cool:

Regardless, expect  not only this 'timer' bug to be fixed  today (Tuesday maintenance day)  but also  expect an official  BioWare  post  about it as well.

If i'm wrong, i'll be more than happy to eat my words. :csw_jabbapet:

p.s. The entire  Cartel Market  "sales"  are nothing but a constant  re-skin  $cam  anyways.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: i wish players would just boycott CM re-skins
  • Like 1

Thank you for the meme fodder & for looking into the flash sale bug.  We appreciate having new flash sales to look forward to, though we also appreciated a chance for brand new swtor meme material.  Personally I think more Kira & Scourge interactions would be great in the future for memes, given the fun dialogue in Echoes of Oblivion. The writers did a good job.