The gearing progression design is absurd, and 95% of game content is now obsolete

Elvarania

Given what little boost the higher gear levels give in any level synced content personally I don't really understand the drama, class, role or even just crit luck has more effect than a gear rating of ten points more or less. The sync generally makes gear almost obsolete in large parts of the game so why stressing yourself instead of simply having fun and enjoying your playtime. Why bother with Ops stuff if you don't want to play them anyway. Even in FPs, knowing how to play your class and/or the boss mechanics pretty much always trumps gear levels as long you don't run around in stuff for five or ten character levels lower than your character actually is.

The drama comes from certain elitists trolling freely around these threads calling everyone else bad. People are also upset that when we finally get a new operation, the tuning is so f'd up that it can only be cleared with stable nim level raiding groups who all play meta classes and who don't have main tanks in their groups, because tanks are not welcome to R-4. We were promised new operation to progress, and BW only gave it to 1% elitist jerks. We were promised new tier of gear but again BW only gave it to the elitists jerks who only need it for sale runs. Drama comes from the gear only dropping from R-4 HM, which has been tuned impossible for 99% playerbase. There would be a lot less drama if the same gear dropped from NiM ops, because you don't need to be sale run level player to run the old NiMs.

If 340 level gear is not "needed" for anything in the game (as some people keep repeating like a parrot), why put it in the game in the first place? I'll tell you why: to support sale runners and to cause drama. This is drama by design and we all know who designed it.

Now if the scaling is badly balanced, that should be fixed of course, though gear ratings have little to do with that, if content is supposed to be scaled to 318, 326 or whatever, it should be scaled to exactly that stat budget and not with 'oh they'll get better gear anyway' in the back of the mind.

Down the line though, with the next content and gear update there will be another catchup opportunity in place to the current max rating stuff, just like Hyde and Zeek now. So all you need to do is play the game how you want and get things once they are in easy reach.

Yes. The problem is though that raiding groups are falling apart while waiting for the catchup. Everyone was waiting for R-4 to progress, and we only really got it as SM. Even if we'd kill the first boss in HM, there will be new source of drama within the team: who is going to get the gear tokens.

Half of the group wants to wait until tuning is fixed and do something meaningful instead, half of the group wants to hit their heads to the brickwall day after day after day. Group setup is wrong, but there is not enough people who play meta classes so there's nothing we can do about it.

So yeah, catchup is taking too long. If the idea is to let everyone have the gear eventually, why keep it gated behind R-4 HM now. It is hurting the community and breaking raiding groups.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole "Git Gud" mindset is why people look at the NiM community in disgust. It's why we hate this entire update cause it pushes us to deal with them if we want to get better gear. Something that didn't exist for 3 years under 6.X. The NiM community was in their own little hole. Now with 7.X, if you want 340. Better hope a NiM group carry's you in HM R-4 for veteran tokens. Or else you'll never clear it. It cannot be pugged or Pre-made. Period.

I get around. Even amongst the NiM people, only the best of them have been able to complete HM R4. The bulk of them are still banging their heads on the first boss. The ones bragging about how it's fine are the top 1% lording it over everyone else. The nicer NiM folks even find their behavior disgusting. Everyone will always want gear. It being inaccessible to almost everyone is hurting the community as a whole. Granted the beginning of 7 was not ideal, but it was manageable. If the blue 340 gear was made more accessible, it would help with the current situation some. Ideally though, I believe the community in general would like to see a reversion to 6 gearing, where everyone had accessibility, no matter what they were doing. I'm down for that. Take the gear hunt/grind out of the game and let us do things because we want to, not because we have to, to get better gear.

I'll tell aa secret. I would be fine with staying at 326 if I could...

1. Optimize my stats

2. Craft Artifact and Legendary Armorings, MODS, Hilts, Barrels, and Enhancements.

3. I would not go bankrupt getting the MATS!

Edited by JakRoanin

Do not despair. The data is being created, collected and analyzed to help nerf the game in a future update. Elitist teams and sales runs provide the necessary data to indicate where the ceiling will be, and allows the dev team to gauge where a standard pug or premade group should be in terms of Deeps and Heeps and Deteeps. As we have seen in nearly every expansion (how many times must I say this, as history repeats itself), the problems with the current iteration if the game and loot system will be resolved eventually. I encourage all to look back at the loot crate system, and review the time frame it took for the devs to adjust it to have more optimal inclusion that was pleasing to the majority. You can expect this to happen again in due time. All we are seeing now is a typical SWTOR expansion cycle. Again, do not despair. All will be right in time.

Uhhhh.. they should just give out max gear who cares. The real thing that matters in NIM raiding isn't gear its the exclusive cosmetics.

Gear grind is an outdated concept by now. Give max gear, level the playing field for everyone. Make rewards that people want that are hard to obtain in game and profit.

Also I am a dummy warrior as well, so kinda brings down the whole parsing community as I only pvp now a days. I haven't NIM raided since EC before augments were even a thing.

TLDR: Gearing shouldn't be content in 2022

Edited by TmoneyTime