So...most players will NOT get 5 days of early access.

Larishet

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

^this

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

learn to read. I pre-ordered before all of them. I'm the only one with a job.

Lol okay here is exactly what you said when I quoted you.

Originally Posted by tekkitan

Regardless of if they promised "at least" one day of early access, giving access to the game to some and not others is BS. My friends are playing right now and getting levels, while I am stuck here waiting. One of the points of a MMO is to play with your friends, level up with them, etc. They will all be way higher level than me by the time I get to play. It's a crappy way to release an MMO or any multiplayer game.

I then went on to say:

Well maybe you should have pre-ordered the game the same day as your friends. I'm sorry but your complaint is invalid.

You fully understood when you pre-ordered that you were getting early access but not necessarily for the entire early access period. If you didn't understand that then you failed to read the info detailed in the FAQ about pre-orders.

So tell me how exactly did I fail to read? The door is that way ---------------->:D

That's the thing. I never said it was deceptive. I said it was a crappy way to release an MMO, which it is.

Oh. Well the MMO isn't officially released. And if it beats the queue, crashes, everyonedoingthesamequestandmewaitingforrespawns, then I'm pleased that I'll get my very own day before official launch to ease into the game. Not crappy at all, but that's just an opinion. Crappy that some people didn't get first access I suppose (no, not really).

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

Early access has always been 1-5(now 1-7) days of early access depending on when you pre ordered. Never did they promise that everyone would get in on the 15th. The only people who could have remotely expected to get in on the first day of early access are the people who pre ordered on the first day(July 21st).

Give me a break, these QQ posts are really starting to get to me. I look forward to getting into game myself now mostly just so I don't have to read these forums.

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

I'm time traveling!!!!

Here is a reality, while it states "up to 5 days" most everyone who pre-ordered probably did so with the belief their pre-order was buying them access 5 days early, not just 1 or 2.

Here's ANOTHER reality. Pre-ordering with the "belief" that pre-ordering would get you 5 FULL days of early access doesn't in THE LEAST BIT change the fact that it was NEVER promised to you that way. It had always said "UP TO 5 days of early access".

It's a good thing this game is completely voiced, because so many players apparently can't read...

Why, because customers had no way of knowing how many of those 5 days they would get depending on when they ordered. A person pre-ordering on December 12th was given the same promise as the person who ordered on July 1st, yet the reality is that the person who ordered on Dec 12th in no way shape or form will get more than 1-2 days early access, yet he paid the same early access cost.

It was made CRYSTAL clear when the offer was made that the earlier you ordered, the earlier you would get to play. Nobody is a victim here...

If anything you could make a somewhat valid argument BioWare was using deceptive marketing techniques to play on this belief when in reality they knew fully well most people probably won't get anywhere near to 5 days of early access.

The argument wouldn't be the LEAST bit valid unless you deliberately misrepresented what was offered. If you show exactly what was posted, they provided exactly what they offered. If you don't READ the offer carefully, it's not Bioware's responsibility to dumb it down for you. They said what they meant and it wasn't the least bit misleading. You simply HOPED they didn't mean it and expected them to predict that people wouldn't pay attention and do everything to protect the "player's feelings".

It's about as honest and ethical as saying you created and/or saved jobs.

I suppose if you were dumb enough to believe that statement when it was uttered, you might believe that "Up to 5 days of early access" means "YOU GET TO PLAY A FULL 5 DAYS!!!".

If anything this staggered launch will go down in the annals of MMO history as an abysmal customer service fiasco, or people will rapidly forget about it and the bottom line of BioWare will show it was a financial success (at the cost of a little customer satisfaction capitol) and you can rest assured future MMO launches will replicate it.

It won't go down in history for anything, drama queen. These sort of things pop up with just about EVERY major MMO launch where we get to see a steady parade of people get on the forums and pout and stomp their feet that the developer's aren't sufficiently smooching your backside. The rest of us sit back and laugh at this crap.

Yeesh...

Edited by Jaavik

Sad reality of this whole fiasco is they know how many pre orders they have, they know the market anticipation and they're still going with the "well what we want matters, they don't know what they want, WE know what they want" ideology.

Vague terminology and such don't hold up under scrutiny, it also doesn't inspire customers to buy your product, stay with your product, or give you a second chance.

First impressions are the KEY in any mmorpg.

They dropped the ball.

I'm still trying to figure out how these new mmorpg teams that come out don't learn anything from the past mistakes of previous ones, or they do learn and yet somehow make the past mistake seem far less worse in comparison.

Sad reality of this whole fiasco is they know how many pre orders they have, they know the market anticipation and they're still going with the "well what we want matters, they don't know what they want, WE know what they want" ideology.

Speaking of SAD realities... sigh... SUCCESSFUL Businesses, when creating a new product, will get a basic idea of what the public wants and then seeks a balance with "what the public wants" and "what will actually work" in the amount of time they have to release the product. They will take notice if enough people want something to change once it is released, but they don't scan the forums looking to create a laundry list of everything everyone is asking for. What YOU want in an MMO can be in STARK contrast to what I want . Everyone has a different idea of what would make "an ideal MMO".

And YES, what BIOWARE wants DOES matter. THEY (being the market) want all sorts of different things which may or may not work. And as far as "WE know what they want". That's true to an extent too. Throughout the beta-testing phase there were several requests for things like a modifiable UI and guild banks, etc. They DID take notice of these things and are working on adding them as soon as possible. Keep your corset on and wait.

Vague terminology and such don't hold up under scrutiny, it also doesn't inspire customers to buy your product, stay with your product, or give you a second chance.

please... please ... PLEASE!!! I am begging you !!! Please explain what was VAGUE about the phrase "UP TO five days of early game play"? How does that translate to EVERYBODY gets to play a full five days early? If you read that and then pre-ordered the game SOLELY on the assumption that it was getting you 5 full days of early game play, then maybe.. just MAYBE the problem is with YOU and not Bioware?

First impressions are the KEY in any mmorpg.

They dropped the ball.

I agree, and my first impression of MANY of the posters on here is that they have a SERIOUS lack of comprehension skills, lack the ability to read, and expect that if they throw a big enough tantrum, that the developers will drop what they are doing and rush to powder your rashy bottoms.

I'm still trying to figure out how these new mmorpg teams that come out don't learn anything from the past mistakes of previous ones, or they do learn and yet somehow make the past mistake seem far less worse in comparison.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... If you aren't happy, move along. Stop clogging up the forums with your tears, go back to Warcraft and play a Panda.

I will be honest, when I pre-ordered, I tought I would have 5 days access.

But you know what, when I took time to read the sentence and then all the info about it (staggering and stuff) I then understood my mystake :)

Would have I pre-ordered nway ? yea

Was it Bioware fault ? no

It was my fault for not reading the sentence, and thats it.

I am not even a native english speaking (its my 3rd language actually) person and I did understood all the process and how it will work. So If you dont understand what was stated.

You either dont want to understand and just want to cry about something.

You rushed to pre-order after your looking at 2-3 words in a sentence and then completing it yourself the way I wanted (pretty much what I did hehe) and in that case, it cant be the compagny's fault.

Isnt it 2011 ??!? Almost 2012 even....

I will be honest, when I pre-ordered, I tought I would have 5 days access.

But you know what, when I took time to read the sentence and then all the info about it (staggering and stuff) I then understood my mystake :)

Would have I pre-ordered nway ? yea

Was it Bioware fault ? no

It was my fault for not reading the sentence, and thats it.

I am not even a native english speaking (its my 3rd language actually) person and I did understood all the process and how it will work. So If you dont understand what was stated.

You either dont want to understand and just want to cry about something.

You rushed to pre-order after your looking at 2-3 words in a sentence and then completing it yourself the way I wanted (pretty much what I did hehe) and in that case, it cant be the compagny's fault.

Guess that OP just got served by the above statements!

Except they only get $5 of our money prior to the release of the product. This is a pre-order fee. Look at your receipt, then your bank account. If they took the full amount, it has been refunded except for $5.

You may have preordered for early access, however, they have NOT failed to give you early game access at this point. They won't fail until the 20th.

I enjoy some of these posts however, they make great illustration to my children about how not to be. Perception is the basis for reality and Reality COLORS perception. So, you are setting yourself up to fail and gain all kinds of stress illnesses if you are allowing yourself to color outside the lines. Read the words, comprehend them. If you do, there is no room for complaint at this time. Especially since TOMORROW starts the five days.

When i pre ordered it wasnt "up to 5 days" it was pre order and get 5 days early access, they changed it a little bit ago to match their failness =)

Yup you are right, that are the benefits of electronic communication, they can abuse it. It said clearly get 5 days early acces when I preordered it on november 29th.

Fact is when people have to start citing the fine print about how a deal is to others, then it's probably not so good a deal.

I read the same sentence everyone else did, and then I said, "but it's not good policy to let people have only 1, 2 or 3 days of access because people will get mad or feel let down, this is probably just a way to cover their tracks if something unexpected happens."

I still think I will get a few days of access. That said, I think this system stinks. I see people in my guild killing world bosses and doing other crap and I am left on the side watching live streams.

Is it my fault for working 60+ hours over the summer and not knowing about the game then, or realizing access was out? Nope. I don't hate the game or company either, and I am not going to threaten rage quit because that's silly. I still look forward to it. I will at the same time remember this experience and add it to my impressions of what to expect out of the company. That's it, nothing more or less.

There's a good chance they will still get people in with 3 or 4 days and I think that's reasonable.

Still, reading people the fine print about a deal means the deal probably isn't reasonable, and regardless if technically correct it's going to generate more harm than good.

Edited by Roezz