The Thrill is Gone

MishaCantu

You'd think some people would have understood this by now, wouldn't you? :rolleyes: The people who continuously spout that to play an MMO yOu MuSt dO GrOupEd PLaY need to get in the bin with that nonsense.

Because that's the point of MMO. To play with other players. If you wanted to do everything solo and be a one man wrecking crew, then hop on the train back to Mass Effect, Dragon age, or the Witcher. This game, like all the other MMO's, had group play as the focus. Otherwise, you wouldn't hear people talking about ff14 so much.

Because that's the point of MMO. To play with other players. If you wanted to do everything solo and be a one man wrecking crew, then hop on the train back to Mass Effect, Dragon age, or the Witcher. This game, like all the other MMO's, had group play as the focus. Otherwise, you wouldn't hear people talking about ff14 so much.

Again, your knowledge of MMOs seems very shallow. The point of MMOs is to spend time in a persistent world that other people share. Group play has always ever been just one of many things players can do in MMOs. Hanging out on fleet to chat and RP is more quintessentially the spirit of MMOs than group content. (When I hear people talking about FFXIV it usually has to do with how solo friendly it is...)

it's an MMO expect to do group battle stuff with story.

If it wasn't sold to me when I started as a story driven soloable experience when I started that would be fine.

I get there is group content.

Good, for those that want to do it.

Story / solo content shouldn't be stuck behind group content.

If you need to group on story / solo content it is no longer said content.

It becomes group content.

Edited by Rammboo

Again, your knowledge of MMOs seems very shallow. The point of MMOs is to spend time in a persistent world that other people share. Group play has always ever been just one of many things players can do in MMOs. Hanging out on fleet to chat and RP is more quintessentially the spirit of MMOs than group content. (When I hear people talking about FFXIV it usually has to do with how solo friendly it is...)

I wouldn't waste your time trying to explain that to people like that. They have it in their heads that you have to group that is their version of MMO is when in fact it is like most say, where you will find people online and if you want to group, good, but if not, good too. I pick and chose who I group with and it normally is not some random player. Normally my friends, guild or those I have group with before and know how they will play and act. (Yes for me how a person acts is a big factor whether I will group with them or not--and you can tell that a lot of times by the way they are in general chat)

Do you mean the group focus in KOTFE and KOTET content?

Do you mean the group focus in KOTFE and KOTET content?

Well, the counter to that is if it was working they wouldn't have abandoned that model.

Granted, they've now replaced it with a model of nothing new for anyone outside of costume designers and user acceptance testers.

Because that's the point of MMO. To play with other players.

Except I didn't.

GW, GW2, WoW, Secret World.

Never played with other players.

Did just fine.

Just because it has other players in it doesn't mean I should need to play with them.

Eeeeh, no. MMO does not mean you have to play with others, or that the focus should be exclusively, or even mostly on group content. You are quite wrong there, my dude.

In fact, as of right now I only play one other MMO, Albion. It is tremendously focused on group content and pvp (much more than SWTOR, by far) and yet i play it solo. Granted it is much harder, and more unforgiving, but it can be played solo and not only that, the devs are catering more and more to solo players with new updates, which shows that solo players can possibly be the future of these games. Any MMO that doesnt focus or at least strongly pays attention to solo players is doomed.

Edited by DeVanagloris