You need to do something against throwers in GSF

Codename_Force

this is exactly why awarding points based on losses/wins is a terrible idea for PvP.

Award points based on participation or medals earned in a match. Yes this will suck for new players for a while, but eventually they will learn to play the game. Allowing people to gain from intentionally sabotaging their teams chances to win is a horrible design.

I fully agree with you, if a person hates a certain game play they should not play it, but the developers should be smarter about how they reward players instead of forcing them into certain content because rewards are lacking everywhere else.

First, 7.0.2 is going to address the "poor rewards" of other gearing methods. You will soon see that even those changes (including a nerf to the GSF rewards) will not stop people from exploiting GSF because even if the rewards are "Even-Steven" exploiting GSF will still be easier. People that are willing to sabotage group content for personal rewards are simply too lazy and selfish to not be drawn toward the "exploit."

While earning medals in GSF might help in Deathmatches, in Domination, you will just have half the team "defending" a single satellite to guarantee plenty of medals. The only solution that will really help is to start punishing people for obvious exploting.

Finally, we need to stop pretending players are "forced" to do anything. The incentives for GSF are there to keep a healthy population since GSF requires more players per queue than any other content in the game. Incentives are there to reward participation, not deserters and saboteurs.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Otherwise people would self destruct when they are closed to being destroyed.

and how many time's you can get a chance to self destruct if you are close to be destroyed by the other player.

9,9 from the 10 time's you never get the chance to do that at all.

i mean by damage points the damage you give to the enemy team not the damage you get so self destructing to compleet the missions is then not going to help any more.

more like you most give the enemy team in the GSF 5k damage in total to compleet the mission quest.

there are lot off idea's on the GSF section about this topic.

one off then is that if you self destruct x time's in a row you get a longer spam time and only become's longer that at some point you get auto kickt by the system.

a other idea is also that self destruct give 0 score to the enemy team at all.

there are a lot off way's to stop it by chance the mission's from it or chance score system in the GSF.

and most off all the score system there is now is compleet broken and needs to be chance for sure that self destructing not counts a score for the other team at all.

As I said, gsf players have been getting special treatment from BW for a long time, and you people just don't want to share. THAT is selfish. There are people afk'ing both teams. Sometimes they are in your team, sometimes in the other one. So there is zero reason to complain.

I don't really care if you join ops or not, I don't run with pugs and can't be bothered with sm with the current rewards. Sometimes we may have to pug someone but then we will do something easier so that we can carry the pug if needed. It's not a problem, and we have accepted that we may not finish it and get rewards with the pug, but that's how it goes. We have no problem with that. It only seems to be a problem for GSF players, who get their rewards every time no matter how bad the team is.

So yeah, gsf players need to stop complaining. It's not exclusive content, everyone has a right to get their portion of that special treatment and OP rewards.

This is complete BS. There is no special treatment for GSF players. Most "GSF players" are just SWTOR players that do more than 1 thing in the game. The rewards for GSF were made to encourage more players to "play" GSF. They were not designed to favor anybody. GSF is not exclusive content and nobody is saying you can't play. The only thing players that play GSF want to see is other players try. It's what is expected in any group content, PvP and PvE.

It's funny how you hear all the time the stupid reasons people Ignore other players in the game just so they can guarantee those players won't be grouped with them in PvE content. And here you are claiming GSF players get special treatment. If players could guarantee never to be teamed with lazy exploiters, you'd personally never see a queue pop for GSF. I'm not sure why you've always been so hostile toward GSF players. Your sabotage isn't just about the rewards, it's a personal vendetta. You're on a mission to ruin something that you hate because others actually enjoy it.

and how many time's you can get a chance to self destruct if you are close to be destroyed by the other player.

i mean by damage points the damage you give to the enemy team not the damage you get so self destructing to compleet the missions is then not going to help any more.

more like you most give the enemy team in the GSF 5k damage in total to compleet the mission quest.

there are lot off idea's on the GSF section about this topic.

one off then is that if you self destruct x time's in a row you get a longer spam time and only become's longer that at some point you get auto kickt by the system.

a other idea is also that self destruct give 0 score to the enemy team at all.

there are a lot off way's to stop it by chance the mission's from it or chance score system in the GSF.

and most off all the score system there is now is compleet broken and needs to be chance for sure that self destructing not counts a score for the other team at all.

I can outrun long range missiles for quite a while, all the while knowing that I won't survive the damage at that point. I would say that 3 out of 4 times I die, I could have easily self destructed before I got killed.

A lot actually. In team deathmatch there are rocks everywhere. You could self destruct basically every time your ship is starting to smoke and someone's attacking you, or when a missile is coming your way and you can't evade it.

Sorry but terrible idea.

I can outrun long range missiles for quite a while, all the while knowing that I won't survive the damage at that point. I would say that 3 out of 4 times I die, I could have easily self destructed before I got killed.

but if you chance the score system that self destructed give the other team no points is something good all.

that will fix the self destructed problem compleet.

then there going more AFK in GSF more and wait to be destroy by the other team but that can also be fix if after some time there not have give any damage to the other team that there will be auto kickt from the match.

the main reason there are doing the self destructed option is to end the match super quick by letting the other team win and thats the sorce off the problem that needs to be fix and not what bioware is doing by lowering the rewards since that is not going to fix anything at all.

there most fix it at the core off the problem.

A lot actually. In team deathmatch there are rocks everywhere. You could self destruct basically every time your ship is starting to smoke and someone's attacking you, or when a missile is coming your way and you can't evade it.

Sorry but terrible idea.

i know there are rocks in the Team deatmatch playlist's since i also get self destruct by the rocks a lot off time's since i press the 180 turn skill on the wrong time and crash in the rocks since the timing was compleet wrong.

so that there are rocks is something i know really good.

same with domination playlist i keep sometime's make that mistake and crash to someting since the timing was compleet wrong.

The incentives for GSF are there to keep a healthy population

A problem that could also be solved by trying to make it at least better than Jump to Lightspeed which was released a decade prior, instead of the current hackjob of their on-rails setup.

Edited by mrjoshuaco

There are ways to handle AFKers and suiciders including what to do with people who intentionally crash to avoid giving the enemy team a point: GSF Suggestion: Stop counting suicides as a kill. I updated the first post there a few times while the thread was active to incorporate ideas that evolved due to the comments.

There will always be ways for these selfish people to spoil the game for other players but the devs should not make it so easy for them. What's the point of trying to encourage more people to join GSF if new pilots are greeted with a ruined match as someone on their team does 30+ suicides or 1/4 of the team are ignoring control points and either sitting on the base ship or flying in a straight line at default speed until they crash or get killed.

The current dev solution of "nerf the points" does not work. Even if it's only a tiny amount of points, these game spoilers will try to milk it the fastest and laziest way they can regardless of how it affects people on both teams. The good thing about this one that keeps posting in the GSF threads to brag about how they intentionally spoil the games is that it shows the devs the kind of mentality we have to deal with.

There are ways to handle AFKers and suiciders including what to do with people who intentionally crash to avoid giving the enemy team a point: GSF Suggestion: Stop counting suicides as a kill. I updated the first post there a few times while the thread was active to incorporate ideas that evolved due to the comments.

There will always be ways for these selfish people to spoil the game for other players but the devs should not make it so easy for them. What's the point of trying to encourage more people to join GSF if new pilots are greeted with a ruined match as someone on their team does 30+ suicides or 1/4 of the team are ignoring control points and either sitting on the base ship or flying in a straight line at default speed until they crash or get killed.

The current dev solution of "nerf the points" does not work. Even if it's only a tiny amount of points, these game spoilers will try to milk it the fastest and laziest way they can regardless of how it affects people on both teams. The good thing about this one that keeps posting in the GSF threads to brag about how they intentionally spoil the games is that it shows the devs the kind of mentality we have to deal with.

So, did you even read all the recent posts?

This is complete BS. There is no special treatment for GSF players.

No, THIS ^^^ is complete BS. You just need to look at the conquest objectives to see it. Look at the rewards also. GSF players are getting special treatment and that is a fact. There is no point even denying it as everyone can look at the rewards and see it. Everyone can check the vendors and see what it costs to upgrade conquest gear, fp gear, ops gear and pvp gear to see, that GSF players are getting special treatment when upgrading their gear too.

If you want to argue, get your facts straight at least.

No, THIS ^^^ is complete BS. You just need to look at the conquest objectives to see it. Look at the rewards also. GSF players are getting special treatment and that is a fact. There is no point even denying it as everyone can look at the rewards and see it. Everyone can check the vendors and see what it costs to upgrade conquest gear, fp gear, ops gear and pvp gear to see, that GSF players are getting special treatment when upgrading their gear too.

Yeah? Duh, they are trying to revive the gamemode. Of course they will give it preferable rewards.

So, did you even read all the recent posts?

Yes. You say they can't stop counting suicides as a kill because people will abuse it and crash to deny a point to the enemy team. My suggestion handles that. Maybe it is you who should read it all :p

Incentives to play content is not special treatment. What gear is locked exclusively behind GSF? What decorations? What pets or speeders? What content currently awards the best gear? GSF? No. The best gear is locked behind Operations.

If this was an argument about gearing systems and preferences, my input would be that 6.0 was the best system. You could pretty much do whatever and eventually get there, but the easiest and quickest path to gearing that 1st character was spamming Hammer Station in Group Finder. FPs only require 4 people for a queue to pop and players didn't have to wait long. GSF, on the other hand, requires a minimum of 16 players for a queue to pop. Relatively speaking, you don't want players to have to wait more than 10 minutes on average for a queue to pop. That requires creating an incentive to get players to participate and then to continue participating.

If this thread was about making other content more rewarding as well. I'd probably agree with most arguments that support that idea. This is a game and playing it should feel "rewarding." But this thread isn't about other content. It's about selfish players that are intentionally making the game worse, some of which have the gall to come in here and try to justify their selfishness and even try pointing the finger at the players that want to enjoy the game.

I agree with you.

Still no excuse to afk or throw the game.

If this thread was about making other content more rewarding as well. I'd probably agree with most arguments that support that idea. This is a game and playing it should feel "rewarding." But this thread isn't about other content. It's about selfish players that are intentionally making the game worse, some of which have the gall to come in here and try to justify their selfishness and even try pointing the finger at the players that want to enjoy the game.

They are not trying to make the game worse. They want the mats and conquest points, and they couldn't care less if it's a good or a bad match. It's not their fault GSF is the best way to get what they need.

If you would ask BW to nerf GSF rewards to bring them to the same level with other content, I would support you. But you just want to get rid of people who don't know how to play it, or do it despite the fact how much they hate it because all other paths to get the rewards are too grindy. By attacking them you only create a negative environment where they don't want to get better either. Why would anyone want to support a bunch of elitist who don't want to share their toys? I sure wouldn't.

Yeah? Duh, they are trying to revive the gamemode. Of course they will give it preferable rewards.

It's the same as in other parts of the game. Some "special guys" whining load for nerfs, so that every part of the game is the same reward less timesink and only some "elitists" get reward and fun.

I hope they change nothing to GSF and instead increase rewards and Gear upgrads in all other parts (unranked PvP, heroic missions, weekly missions etc.

It's the same as in other parts of the game. Some "special guys" whining load for nerfs, so that every part of the game is the same reward less timesink and only some "elitists" get reward and fun.

I hope they change nothing to GSF and instead increase rewards and Gear upgrads in all other parts (unranked PvP, heroic missions, weekly missions etc.

Actually it's not. Nobody who plays GSF is against other modes getting good rewards. Ops players want the best stuff and refuse to let others have it.

They are not trying to make the game worse. They want the mats and conquest points, and they couldn't care less if it's a good or a bad match. It's not their fault GSF is the best way to get what they need.

If you would ask BW to nerf GSF rewards to bring them to the same level with other content, I would support you. But you just want to get rid of people who don't know how to play it, or do it despite the fact how much they hate it because all other paths to get the rewards are too grindy. By attacking them you only create a negative environment where they don't want to get better either. Why would anyone want to support a bunch of elitist who don't want to share their toys? I sure wouldn't.

Keep trying to rationalize your exploitative behavior. Here's a post from you last year:

Some people will still do those gsf and pvp matches, no matter how much they hate it, and that will probably tell the devs they did the right decision. However this will lead to same issues we had with Ossus gear grind, when people were practially forced into content they didn't like: people complaining about other people who are useless and ruining their game. I also joined a gsf match and was flying around without actually doing anything, died a couple of times I think and I didn't even see what or who hit me. I didn't run into an asteroid, that much I understood about steering the ship, but I also had no idea what I was supposed to do, what those abilities would do and so on. So I was being carried and I couldn't care less. Had it been content I actually enjoy playing, I would have been ashamed for not doing that to the group, but since I'm not in it voluntarily, I don't care about the results. Same with pvp. I did the few required matches, didn't care about objectives, didn't care about winning or losing, I was just waiting for it to be over because I didn't want to be there.

If I'll continue doing CQ some day, I'll be doing exactly the same thing with gsf, because that's the only activity where you don't actually have to do anything to gain points. I can even play something else on another computer at the same time.

I'd rather have PO's that I enjoy doing, but since there aren't that many options, I'll just hang around through the GS objectives I need without contributing to something I don't like. If I would contribute or at least do my best, that would also mean I approve the design, and I strongly disagree with it.

In that post you blame the devs and claim this behavior is your "protest."

We can go back even further to some of your other posts where you can see your animosity toward GSF players is derived from you blaming them for the nerf to crafting objectives in conquest. Keep pretending all you want that GSF players don't want you and are your "Boogie Man." Most people can see right through your obvious attempt to blame others for your own actions. I'm all for you playing GSF. But if you join a match, and sabotage your team intentionally, I'm all for your account being suspended and your gear being removed.

This willingness to sabotage a team's chance to "win" is proof alone that no matter how good the rewards are in other content, these exploiters will continue to sabotage GSF. Their actions already force them to queue for twice as many matches since they don't get credit for wins.

Throwing the match in GSF is far too easy with absolutely no repercussions.

Problem is, they probably can't. Not enough people still playing the game to risk losing even those folks. Side effect of calling less than a normal MMO's "update" an "expansion" and expecting us to be happy with it.

Where are these "bot settings?" So, after I easily waste my time making a new email account, installing SWTOR on another computer, and tweak the game's bot settings, how do I make sure my "easy kill bot" doesn't end up on my own team... throwing the match?

Are you being obtuse on purpose to not have to address my actual points? seriously...

If you dont know what a bot is, you have no idea how to fix this issue and should really stop asking to make the game worse while also leaving in the root of the problem which is the gearing system which made Tech fragments THE currency to get while also making GSF the easiest way to get it with little effort. Making it the way some elitists are saying to do it will not change the fact that people will ALWAYS take the road of least resistance to get what they want and the developers need to flipping make the **** they ruined, fun again, to allow for people to do other ****, to get these rewards.

Also, the route people are asking for will only increase the MOVEMENT of BAD PLAYERS PLAYING BAD and make it take LONGER to realize that the group you are in is trash. As is, I can find out in about 30 seconds just how bad a team is in a deathmatch by how quickly noobs die, or in a dom match by not being able to take a single sat right away.

Your way, they will fly around like chickens with their heads cut off, still not being able to get kills and it will take longer to realize how crap they are to then either quit for an extra 20 minute wait or start suiciding to end the trash match faster.

You cannot FORCE people to get good at PvP when their heart is NOT IN IT...focus on getting Bioware to IMPROVE what they flipping broke, that pushed people into GSF when they DONT LIKE PVP.

Seriously...jesus people, the issue is people are being pushed into doing what they do not want to do. Fix, dont ask to have even more broken.

Are you being obtuse on purpose to not have to address my actual points? seriously...

If you dont know what a bot is, you have no idea how to fix this issue and should really stop asking to make the game worse while also leaving in the root of the problem which is the gearing system which made Tech fragments THE currency to get while also making GSF the easiest way to get it with little effort. Making it the way some elitists are saying to do it will not change the fact that people will ALWAYS take the road of least resistance to get what they want and the developers need to flipping make the **** they ruined, fun again, to allow for people to do other ****, to get these rewards.

Also, the route people are asking for will only increase the MOVEMENT of BAD PLAYERS PLAYING BAD and make it take LONGER to realize that the group you are in is trash. As is, I can find out in about 30 seconds just how bad a team is in a deathmatch by how quickly noobs die, or in a dom match by not being able to take a single sat right away.

Your way, they will fly around like chickens with their heads cut off, still not being able to get kills and it will take longer to realize how crap they are to then either quit for an extra 20 minute wait or start suiciding to end the trash match faster.

You cannot FORCE people to get good at PvP when their heart is NOT IN IT...focus on getting Bioware to IMPROVE what they flipping broke, that pushed people into GSF when they DONT LIKE PVP.

Seriously...jesus people, the issue is people are being pushed into doing what they do not want to do. Fix, dont ask to have even more broken.

I wasn't being obtuse. I was mocking your conspiracy theory that claimed people are logging in on two accounts with two computers and farming themselves for easy kills.

But I will continue to argue with people that continue to claim that they are "forced" to do anything. I personally don't give a crap if people are good or bad at GSF. I just expect people to try if they decide to queue for group content (regardless of the content type: WZs, FPs, Ops, GSF, etc...). If they are bad, so be it, but everybody can get where they are trying to get faster by winning since winning cuts the number of matches in half. I also couldn't care less if a loss takes an extra 10 minutes because that is usually an indicator of a close match, which is fun for people that do actually enjoy the content. Nobody here is asking for bad players not to play. We are just tired of people sabotaging their teams on purpose to exploit the system.

I personally haven't suggested changing the current system at all. I have only proposed that the exploiters be punished. Others have suggested replacing wins with medals.

I wasn't being obtuse.

I see now from your replies to many that you are here to just disrupt. Good job.

Its clear by those on your side of the argument that its just trolls and elitists that just want to ruin the game even more instead of actually get it fixed.

Was going to give a long reply about the actual causes of this, see that someone else already has and is just getting a response from a troll.

Typical PvP thread. Worthless as its overrun with the most toxic players. I actually would rather have them remove all PvP completely than have them listen to a single PvPers ideas on fixing things. Enjoy GSF popping so fast while you can, it WILL go back to what it was in the next few months as the need for tech frags start to drop and then you can come here and ***** about it being dead again and cry for Bioware to try to force people to play it again.

People are so short-sighted. You COULD have been spending your time and energy on finding 8-10 people that actually PvP to do pre-mades against those afker/feeder/non-pvpers and winning constantly, getting whatever you get out of doing GSF while they did also until Bioware removed their heads from their backsides and give the players back what they want, but no. Come here, complain and troll instead risking the game being made worse by your insane suggestions.