You need to do something against throwers in GSF

Codename_Force

And guess what? For those of you that DO NOT ACUTALLY THINK...All it takes is to create a generic email account, open up another account, set a BOT to run it and watch the second account do what you hate while the prime account just flies to the second for easy kills in some corner of the map.

One team ends still gets screwed and the person cheats the award system. It wont happen as often but it will still happen and your actions ONCE AGAIN wont fix the ACTUAL PROBLEM which is the current CRAP SYSTEM that is causing this.

Where are these "bot settings?" So, after I easily waste my time making a new email account, installing SWTOR on another computer, and tweak the game's bot settings, how do I make sure my "easy kill bot" doesn't end up on my own team... throwing the match?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super L quote there, any credibility you might have had just rock-bottomed. GSF has not been updated in the 8 years it has been released, it has two modes and two maps - if it actually has any more than that it certainly does not feel like it, and no part of playing it translates to the rest of the game, i.e. you learn nothing of mechanics, rotations, CCing, or anything else that might aid in playing the rest of the game. The problem is the incredibly over-inflated rewards, full-stop.

I mean yeah, obviously the players are the ones abusing the system, but it's because the rewards are the best for time spent - especially as clearly you can get them WHILE AFK.

The rewards are the incentive to play. Face it, GSF is a minigame within the game. You don't need your character's class or abilities and it's not tied into the story at all. Unlike most operations ,warzones and FPs a match requires a minimum of 16 people in queue. So in order to keep people queuing, the game has to be rewarding and that's where we are. Over the last couple years, both conquest and Galactic Seasons has brought new players to GSF. Some people that otherwise wouldn't have tried it, did. Some of them actually enjoyed it and have become pretty good pilots within the game. So the incentives have positive results. Unfortunately the system has led to exploits as well.

Blaming bad behavior on the rewards is like blaming gold spam on inflation. Gold spam has always been around. It wasn't ever a result of inflation. Inflation just changed the prices. The gold spammers exist because Bioware doesn't do enough to shut them down. That is exactly the same problem we are seeing with exploiters in GSF and likely WZs soon. Bioware needs to crack down on the players being reported at the very least.

The rewards are the incentive to play. Face it, GSF is a minigame within the game. You don't need your character's class or abilities and it's not tied into the story at all. Unlike most operations ,warzones and FPs a match requires a minimum of 16 people in queue. So in order to keep people queuing, the game has to be rewarding and that's where we are. Over the last couple years, both conquest and Galactic Seasons has brought new players to GSF. Some people that otherwise wouldn't have tried it, did. Some of them actually enjoyed it and have become pretty good pilots within the game. So the incentives have positive results. Unfortunately the system has led to exploits as well.

Blaming bad behavior on the rewards is like blaming gold spam on inflation. Gold spam has always been around. It wasn't ever a result of inflation. Inflation just changed the prices. The gold spammers exist because Bioware doesn't do enough to shut them down. That is exactly the same problem we are seeing with exploiters in GSF and likely WZs soon. Bioware needs to crack down on the players being reported at the very least.

How do you report people for afking all the time though?

How do you report people for afking all the time though?

All you can do is give the name and server and the time the match was played and from there, a simple investigation of the match log can tell a lot. Of course that would require them to look into it, which is probably a low, low priority to them at this time.

But as problematic as this has become in GSF and possibly WZs after 7.0.2, perhaps they can give players better tools for reporting exploitative behavior. Maybe they can create a legacy saboteur debuff that lasts a week and locks a player out of that content for conduct detrimental to the team. They can either correct it with a hands on approach, improve it with an automated system, or do nothing at all.

I reported my first player. Enough is enough. Respawning for half the match, and auto destructed 6 times with, of course, no damage.

I mean not only they are not contributing, but they are actively working against their team.

It's not ok. Until people realize that they can act that way without any consequences, they will never stop. You could nerf the rewards of GSF to the ground but they'd still do it, heck they could watch a movie while afk'ing and auto destructing in a game.

https://i.imgur.com/ZjlMwMX.png

Throwing the match in GSF is far too easy with absolutely no repercussions. This guy in the screenshot has been ruining matches for weeks now and continues to do so every every week after the mission reset.

The fact that there is no incentive to play a match if you see a certain name is ridiculous, I reported this guy after every single match and nothing has happened so far since he is still "playing".

And no, this is not a "learning player", this is simply a thrower who likes to destroy the game, you are not learning by self destructing 25+ times in a match for several weeks.

Vote kick apparently doesn't work because he is "participating" lol

You should just report, report and report...

Maybe then if there are many tickets unresolved, Bioware will fire the department from India (with generic copy/paste, responses), get proper support and start caring....

Or just unsub and maybe they will care...

I mean not only they are not contributing, but they are actively working against their team..

Uhm, 75% of GSF players probably SHOULD afk bc they are working against their team. At least in TDM just look at these terrible K/D's. There is a reason why if you duo queue you can get 90% winrates without any trouble?

Like really, most of the time when I see my team is just trying to follow each other so they never end up in bad spots I just wish they'd all afk. Not one person of them will have a good K/D and unless your K/D is lower than 5 you could've carried more.

How 'bout you guys look on your own ship first. If you have K/D of 10+ you can start blaming your team, I've won matches where I had 41/50 kills so don't tell me this is impossible.

I reported my first player. Enough is enough. Respawning for half the match, and auto destructed 6 times with, of course, no damage.

I mean not only they are not contributing, but they are actively working against their team.

It's not ok. Until people realize that they can act that way without any consequences, they will never stop. You could nerf the rewards of GSF to the ground but they'd still do it, heck they could watch a movie while afk'ing and auto destructing in a game.

Of course nerfing/removing the rewards will work. People are only doing it because of the rewards. I'm pretty sure if pve rewards and gear would be easier to get, they wouldn't be anywhere near gsf.

Of course nerfing/removing the rewards will work. People are only doing it because of the rewards. I'm pretty sure if pve rewards and gear would be easier to get, they wouldn't be anywhere near gsf.

Can't afk through pve content though.

Alright, another day another 2 hours wasted in this awful mode with self-destructors and AFKers. I am going to be honest here, since I can't beat those people I have to join them, if they and I self-destruct the whole time the match ends even faster - at least something positive out of that whole situation. That way the match ends quicker, the next starts and maybe, just maybe it is a normal match with normal players.

Needless to say, I will not sub anymore, I do not pay to be AFK in fleet to wait for a match where I can be AFK as well because half my team doesn't play.

Edited by Codename_Force

yeah great idea, so those that legitimately want to do and enjoy GSF can't get rewarded. /sarcasm off

Throwing multiple games should guarantee a ban, period. Even if temporary

Edited by HectorCasan

yeah great idea, so those that legitimately want to do and enjoy GSF can't get rewarded. /sarcasm off

Throwing multiple games should guarantee a ban, period. Even if temporary

Totally agreed. And people getting kicked for being afk twice in a week should also get a temporary pvp/GSF ban (I suppose people get one pass for emergencies). Maybe they'd think twice then.

Alright, another day another 2 hours wasted in this awful mode with self-destructors and AFKers. I am going to be honest here, since I can't beat those people I have to join them, if they and I self-destruct the whole time the match ends even faster - at least something positive out of that whole situation. That way the match ends quicker, the next starts and maybe, just maybe it is a normal match with normal players.

Needless to say, I will not sub anymore, I do not pay to be AFK in fleet to wait for a match where I can be AFK as well because half my team doesn't play.

I had the best game yesterday, people realized within 2 minutes that there was no way we were going to win this so everyone self-destroyed. The game was over in 5 minutes.

I'm honestly shocked that more people don't do that, considering that clearly there is no penalty for doing so.

But yeah, today I had another of those games... 3 people guarding the one satellite we had, 5 more between a and b doing... nothing. Gunships apparently. Sorry people but your 60k damage don't mean anything if we don't have the satellites.

Totally agreed. And people getting kicked for being afk twice in a week should also get a temporary pvp/GSF ban (I suppose people get one pass for emergencies). Maybe they'd think twice then.

I had the best game yesterday, people realized within 2 minutes that there was no way we were going to win this so everyone self-destroyed. The game was over in 5 minutes.

I'm honestly shocked that more people don't do that, considering that clearly there is no penalty for doing so.

But yeah, today I had another of those games... 3 people guarding the one satellite we had, 5 more between a and b doing... nothing. Gunships apparently. Sorry people but your 60k damage don't mean anything if we don't have the satellites.

Guarding sats is why I'm skeptical that adopting a "medals for progress" system would be any better than the current system.

I personally don't mind the gunship players. It's a good crutch for learning players. It can be hard to contribute in the other ship types when they have no upgrades and players are still figuring out GSF in general. Usually when I do the Intoduction to Starfighter mission on a new character, I'll play that 1st match mostly in a gunship. Also, if a vet pilot is getting 60K damaging opponents at the sats, a teammate should be able to cleanup and grab it or protect it from enemies.

The first rule of team competition is to work as a team. The second rule ... sometimes the other team is just the better "team."

Can't afk through pve content though.

Obviously. But I also said if pve would grant the better rewards, people who don't like GSF wouldn't touch it: they would be doing the content they like to play.

You guys keep blaming the players who have found a way to get past the overwhelming gear grind that pve currently is. It's not the players fault, blame BW. They made the decision to raise pvp/gsf on a pedestal above all other content regarding conquest AND gear. People are doing whatever they need to do to be able to play the content they actually want to play. You can't expect them to play properly and "enjoy" gsf when they have no real options in other game modes. It's not their choice to be there, and gsf players just need to suck it up like all pve players have done already.

You are already getting special treatment with the rewards, so stop complaining that you have to share.

You are already getting special treatment with the rewards, so stop complaining that you have to share.

Nobody is complaining about sharing. The complaints are about selfish players intentionally spoiling the game for others.

You guys keep blaming the players who have found a way to get past the overwhelming gear grind that pve currently is. It's not the players fault, blame BW. They made the decision to raise pvp/gsf on a pedestal above all other content regarding conquest AND gear. People are doing whatever they need to do to be able to play the content they actually want to play. You can't expect them to play properly and "enjoy" gsf when they have no real options in other game modes. It's not their choice to be there, and gsf players just need to suck it up like all pve players have done already.

Yet another post in yet another thread where you keep blaming other people for your own decisions. Nobody is forcing you to do anything and there is no need to rush to get the gear.

The funny thing about these people who intentionally spoil the game for other players so they can get gear faster is that they probably still need to be carried through raids. I wouldn't want one of them on a raid I'm leading as you know they will be that annoying group member who keeps trying to blame others for their own mistakes while continuously nagging everyone about loot. :rolleyes:

Obviously. But I also said if pve would grant the better rewards, people who don't like GSF wouldn't touch it: they would be doing the content they like to play.

Nobody forces you to be a selfish tool. That's a decision a player has to make on his or her own.

If a player loves PvE so much and detests PvP (including GSF) so much, that player shouldn't mind any grind that comes along with the content he or she enjoys. Why? Because he or she is doing what they enjoy. Intentionally sabotaging group content for the sake of personal rewards is selfish and deserving of appropriate punishment.

Nobody forces you to be a selfish tool. That's a decision a player has to make on his or her own.

If a player loves PvE so much and detests PvP (including GSF) so much, that player shouldn't mind any grind that comes along with the content he or she enjoys. Why? Because he or she is doing what they enjoy. Intentionally sabotaging group content for the sake of personal rewards is selfish and deserving of appropriate punishment.

this is exactly why awarding points based on losses/wins is a terrible idea for PvP.

Award points based on participation or medals earned in a match. Yes this will suck for new players for a while, but eventually they will learn to play the game. Allowing people to gain from intentionally sabotaging their teams chances to win is a horrible design.

I fully agree with you, if a person hates a certain game play they should not play it, but the developers should be smarter about how they reward players instead of forcing them into certain content because rewards are lacking everywhere else.

Edited by illgot

I honestly doubt that rewarding after the amount of medas will work because the AFKers will just AFK near a pylon and don't contribute either.

I know there is a difference between defending and AFKing near a pylong, it's pretty obvious who is doing one of them.

Let's just face it: The mode itself feels awful to play for most people yet rewards some of the best stuff for no work. BioWare has to either rework the mode to make it actually fun and engaging to play or nerf the rewards - but that way no one will play it anymore because it's considered an awful mode by 99% of the playerbase.

This work untill the content i like give the same rewards as the one i hate. the choice would be simple.

If the content i hate give load more of rewards, that "force" me to go there to avoid stayin behind the others (chances to enter into raid, possible advantages if bolster decide to work in the future and things like that)

Its not me, you, them, my hurry or not to get gear. Its the human brain and how biowar/ea decided to ruin everything.

On the same line you can see the new sh*t about resetting weeklyes. I used to play my toons how i like. Now im "forced" to play the 3 FP in the same week to avoid losing a potential reward.

No sorry, it's the players' fault for being selfish about it. It's the players' fault for thinking that their time is more valuable than everyone else's. There is no excuse for being a douchebag.

Gosh, what would you say if I started joining ops and afk in a corner to get credits while everyone else kills the bosses? It's the exact same thing. Actually no, to make it even I should go and pull some adds while you guys fight to make it harder for you too. But I don't do it, because it's, well, rude and selfish. And I don't like ops so I don't join ops. Plain and simple.

Does that mean I'm against FAIR rewards across the boards? Absolutely not. It's what I want to see.

Edited by Pricia

No sorry, it's the players' fault for being selfish about it. It's the players' fault for thinking that their time is more valuable than everyone else's. There is no excuse for being a douchebag.

Gosh, what would you say if I started joining ops and afk in a corner to get credits while everyone else kills the bosses? It's the exact same thing. Actually no, to make it even I should go and pull some adds while you guys fight to make it harder for you too. But I don't do it, because it's, well, rude and selfish. And I don't like ops so I don't join ops. Plain and simple.

Does that mean I'm against FAIR rewards across the boards? Absolutely not. It's what I want to see.

You can't do that in OPs because you'd just get kicked. In GSF you don't need a full team, in ops you do. So what you actually saying is that there needs to be a better way for you to kick these people in GSF.

I personally have many friends who just afk but I premade with them anyway because they are fun to talk too. They don't care about GSF, they don't care if they win or not and if regs would give progress via loses they would be afking in regs instead. You always have them but keep in mind, both teams do. AFK-ers aren't the problem its the people who self-destruct, someone afking is with 0/0 still better in TDM then somone who goes 3/8, which is what they would be doing if they were trying.

Edited by ZUHFB

why not remove the points you give to the other team if players self destructing in the GSF?

sure its a problem i have also see when i play the GSF that you get always some players give no care about the game type at all and only care about compleet the weekly mission or the gelactic season mission of compleeting x time's.

or remove the compleet X time's misison's at all and replace it with damage points you make by the enemy team then you stop also the problem.

since self destructing has no use at all any more then.

As I said, gsf players have been getting special treatment from BW for a long time, and you people just don't want to share. THAT is selfish. There are people afk'ing both teams. Sometimes they are in your team, sometimes in the other one. So there is zero reason to complain.

I don't really care if you join ops or not, I don't run with pugs and can't be bothered with sm with the current rewards. Sometimes we may have to pug someone but then we will do something easier so that we can carry the pug if needed. It's not a problem, and we have accepted that we may not finish it and get rewards with the pug, but that's how it goes. We have no problem with that. It only seems to be a problem for GSF players, who get their rewards every time no matter how bad the team is.

So yeah, gsf players need to stop complaining. It's not exclusive content, everyone has a right to get their portion of that special treatment and OP rewards.

You all are arguing the "fault" when you need to be pragmatic and start arguing the lack of reward parity. Have AFKers always existed? Yes. Are they FAR more incentivized to do so after 7.0? Most certainly. If you're looking for the moral high ground, then congratulations - you have it. Unfortunately, that changes nothing, especially when CSR enforcement is on what can only be described as life support. If you want to substantially reduce the AFKers, you need to improve the rewards for other game modes relative to their time and difficulty. Or just sit here and complain while your matches are ruined. Your choice.

why not remove the points you give to the other team if players self destructing in the GSF?

sure its a problem i have also see when i play the GSF that you get always some players give no care about the game type at all and only care about compleet the weekly mission or the gelactic season mission of compleeting x time's.

or remove the compleet X time's misison's at all and replace it with damage points you make by the enemy team then you stop also the problem.

since self destructing has no use at all any more then.

No. Otherwise people would self destruct when they are closed to being destroyed.

As I said, gsf players have been getting special treatment from BW for a long time, and you people just don't want to share. THAT is selfish. There are people afk'ing both teams. Sometimes they are in your team, sometimes in the other one. So there is zero reason to complain.

I don't really care if you join ops or not, I don't run with pugs and can't be bothered with sm with the current rewards. Sometimes we may have to pug someone but then we will do something easier so that we can carry the pug if needed. It's not a problem, and we have accepted that we may not finish it and get rewards with the pug, but that's how it goes. We have no problem with that. It only seems to be a problem for GSF players, who get their rewards every time no matter how bad the team is.

So yeah, gsf players need to stop complaining. It's not exclusive content, everyone has a right to get their portion of that special treatment and OP rewards.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on these boards. What the heck does tolerating afk's have to do with sharing? We have no problem with newbies who actually try, even if they suck. It's the people who are doing NOTHING that we have a problem with.

I mean... wow. I'm seriously shocked that people think it's totally ok to be afk and let the rest of the team do all the work. Apparently playing an online game makes it ok to be all about ME ME ME.

Join a sport team and see how much they'll like it when people pass you the ball and you just stand there and do nothing. Then come back and tell me how you got kicked out of the team because you were REFUSING TO PARTICIPATE.

Just because it's an online game doesn't make it ok to be a douchebag. I mean, hopefully you don't behave the same way in real life too.

And again, believe me, I'd be delighted if they gave better rewards to other playstyles so I wouldn't have to deal with people like you anymore.

Edited by Pricia