Maintenance: March 22, 2022

CommunityTeam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

We are looking into the issues that players are experiencing with the reward tracks for Galactic Seasons 2. We will post an update when we have more info to share.

This is ********. How can servers be still live, after barely AN HOUR maintenance when it was scheduled for 4 hours. Not only the bug is unavoidable since the system is "automatically" claiming rewards and NOT granting them.

I am far behind on the season because last week I had not access to my computer, I was excited to come back to the game, only to now see all of my progress being rendered USELESS. Moreover, if I want to avoid the bug I must stop playing altogether!??!?! There are season objectives which you cannot avoid, like those for getting syndicate plans or conquest points which just happen naturally while playing content.

What am I supposed to do? Continue my subscription running out?

And let's not get started on how the KNOWN ISSUES list is still LONGER than what took MORE THAN A MONTH to be fixed from launch. Imperial storyline is still unplayable, plagued with bugs, Malgus is still broken, and worst of all, you shoehorned on us a "Collector's edition" to which we cannot even enjoy one of the 3 items due to weapon outfitter being delayed in the last minute.

Take the servers down, fix the game and grant us back the lost subscription time. This happened before, you have the ability to do it. Or have we all forgotten about 1.2?

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on March 22, 2022 to deploy Game Update 7.0.1.

Details:

DATE: March 22, 2022

TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT (1300 - 1700 UTC)

VERSION: 7.0.1

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

To Whom It May Concern:

Even after "patching" to repair, you've caused more problems and still have address game breaking bugs. Your game, in truth, is all but broken. Shutdown 7.0. load back 6.XX and re-release the story and missions. Then take what you have back to whatever drawing board you're using and realize this godforsaken Alpha variant unfinished bastardized Hero Engine is beyond repair or usable for anything as drastic as what you have done with

7.0, Charles, Keith, Chris, and company, 7.0 is an abject failure. Admit it. Own it. Apologize for it. Revert back to 6.XX and start over studying the code even deeper to understand if this refuse of an engine can be updated without changing core coding that was originally used for game, character, and other mechanics so badly affected by 7.0.

If you don't, maybe E.A. will do all of us a favor and shut it down. Of all the MMOs I've played for the last 20 plus years, I've never seen such catastrophe as I am seeing now for SWTOR. Y'all have just about broken this game beyond any reasonable ability to repair. This is on you and no one else. Fix it or shut it down.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Just claimed level 53 of galactic season, got the cartel pack, but not the cartel coins, glad to see that the issue is being looked into though

Edit: just need the subscriber rewards blackout cannon from level 55 and the cartel coins from level 53

Can confirm the cartel coin issue as well

Hi folks,

We are looking into the issues that players are experiencing with the reward tracks for Galactic Seasons 2. We will post an update when we have more info to share.

You owe me 200cc for level 53. Thanks.

Also my Steam subscription isn't showing under my account, purchased 6 days ago. There should be another 30 days sub on my account and your lack of options for APAC customers to contact you is really grating on me right now.

Hi folks,

Well, I have been affected by 3 different problems with regard to this.

• I can claim my rewards but I don't see them anywhere. This happened with Cartel Coins.
  • The rewards were "autoclaimed" and I don't see them anywhere. This happened with Underworld Syndicate Plans and an Artifact Companion Gift.
  • I can claim already past rewards but just receive some of them. This happened with Level 7, 10 and 15.

Edited by EokLennon
Added missing quote

Shutdown 7.0. load back 6.XX and re-release the story and missions.

You are delusional if you think they will roll back the servers and everyone's progress by an entire month. Even from day 1 of the launch.

I would be absolutely livid if I lost all that progress.

You are delusional if you think they will roll back the servers and everyone's progress by an entire month. Even from day 1 of the launch.

Delusional? I am not. Practical and see the results of changes on a 14 year old Alpha version engine bastardized to the point it requires top notch coders to work on it. And should the game end up failing because the engine cannot support the changes or see bugs repaired because the capabilities of this engine cannot handle these core changes they've made? What then?

I'm not saying that is going to happen; however it is possibility. You can only use something for so long before it gives out or can no longer support changes. Did it occur to you that they might be able to save the data for all characters and work out how to use that to for the roll back?

But to continue this course they're on, it will be next year before they fix the bugs plaguing this game if, in fact, they even try. Can you live with dying to Malgus time and time again? Or having your new level 80 character get locked out of their main combat style into one that you wanted to use on occasion? Which do you prefer? Stay the course or roll back to when the game wasn't in a broken state as it is now.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

What progress?! We've regressed. We were far ahead on the last day of 6.x than we're today, at least in terms of the following:

- Gear

- Gearing process

- Abilities and Combat Proficiencies

- Character damage, tanking, healing effectiveness

- Companion effectiveness

- Conquest - ease of doing it, rewards

- Crafting relevance

- Prices of materials etc impacted by Conquest changes (Plans, SRMs, ...)

- PvP gear dead-end

- User Interface

What progress?!... /snip

Let's see... since 7.0 launched I've:

- leveled 13 characters to 80

- set up my 326 dps & heal sets (and made decent progress on my tank sets)

- bought half my legendries

- Filled in a dozen random achievements or so (And unlocked a couple more remnant sets than I had before)

- Completed half of GS2

- and leveled a new toon to 43 for funsies (complete with copious space barbie bc comps and lowbie toons can still use custom weapons without penalty)

There are plenty of things I dislike about this expansion (some of which you mentioned). I think the implementation and quality control for this release are atrocious. But deleting a month of playtime is not the answer.

Let's be honest. LotS is a great story Update if it was 6.4

7.0 and 10th anniversary ... tell me if it was enough ;)

But okay we also got dual classes origin and loadout whatssoever. Loadout is a great addition for me. I give you that. New gearing? yeah boring as hell (gsf > nefra > EV HC) but okay. Thats the life of a MMO player.

So whats left after 1h story and after gear progression? Only Saeson 2. And I must admit it is more varying than season 1.

But now after the first patch (which should fix 200+ bugs XD) you broke one of the only thinks (thats new) what keeps the most people playing. I don't know. But thats not very smart or is it :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

Any more info on this or a ETA for a fix?

I am actively avoiding activities which would tick over into the next rank on the reward track, which is pretty much anything in the game. So I am playing a lot less. Normally by this time in the week I would have most, if not all, of the GS weeklies done and probably a few characters reaching their 100k on conquest while doing GS. Not this week since I want to be assured that I will get all the correct rewards for GS. But unless I avoid playing completely, then sooner or later I will hit the next rank, which happens to be 53 - which should reward 200cc in the subscriber track.

Any more info on this or a ETA for a fix?

I am actively avoiding activities which would tick over into the next rank on the reward track, which is pretty much anything in the game. So I am playing a lot less. Normally by this time in the week I would have most, if not all, of the GS weeklies done and probably a few characters reaching their 100k on conquest while doing GS. Not this week since I want to be assured that I will get all the correct rewards for GS. But unless I avoid playing completely, then sooner or later I will hit the next rank, which happens to be 53 - which should reward 200cc in the subscriber track.

GS rewards are not auto-granted. Simply wait to click on the Claim button until they have it fixed.

GS rewards are not auto-granted. Simply wait to click on the Claim button until they have it fixed.

They're not only being auto-claimed or auto-granted by the game, some of those auto-claimed or auto-granted rewards are disappearing into thin air. Many players - including I - lost 200cc that way; others lost other rewards.

I'm at 198K+ for total CQ on a legacy for this week. Anything I do now will put me over 200K and give me 8 GS points triggering another potential auto-grant and loss of those rewards.

Edited by mike_carton

They're not only being auto-claimed or auto-granted by the game, some of those auto-claimed or auto-granted rewards are disappearing into thin air. Many players - including I - lost 200cc that way; others lost other reqards.

I'm at 198K+ for total CQ on a legacy for this week. Anything I do now will put me over 200K and give me 8 GS points triggering another potential auto-grant and loss of those rewards.

Wow. That's... they found an entirely new way to break something. Thank you for correcting my understanding. Now to try to figure out what all I've missed getting...

Still no communication ? Bioware speak up. Tomorrow I CAN'T EVEN LOG IN without the risk of losing yet ANOTHER season reward .

WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO ?

Is it realy THAT hard to give SOME form of guarantuee that players will NOT lose out rewards they have PAID FOR ?

Edited by Sorelus