Anyone else hit a brick wall?

OriginalVs

I have on 2 toons, one 43, the others are in their 20s.

Part of the reason I just got sick of my 43 is how bad she looks with clownish armor colours.

This keeps up I'll just quit, orange gear is fine, if you can find all the matching pieces and if you want to be sub par with raid gear and PvP gear.

The realization with how arrogant Bioware is being about their precious orange customization gear is sickening and honestly puts a bad taste in my mouth for TOR.

Edited by illgot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to get bored with this game. I group up with my hubby when I am playing, which is lots of fun trying to beat each other on the comments on quests.

Also, last night my guild got together and just went from planet (starting on Hutta) to planet getting the Datacrons. It was a release from the questing and we had lots of fun doing it.

That is funny.

Level 30 is where the real play begins.

Becomes longer to level up.

Every MMO has " dead levels " , a level where your skills seem lame, or your gear sucks.

Here is what I did.

I started doing all the heroics I could find. The gear was great.

I leveled my crafting and sold stuff on the auction house.... stuff sells fast.

I crew missioned for the affection items, crew gave me new missions.

I tried for all the Datacrons

I romanced my female crew member ( now married )

I crafted my own speeder bike ( custom speeder looks awesome )

Ship combat is awesome at higher level ( just remember shields only charge when your not firing )

Sure I space bar thru many side quests, but I am now level 48, and I am still loving it.

I can't wait to get the final speeder bike ( level 50 )

I have on 2 toons, one 43, the others are in their 20s.

Part of the reason I just got sick of my 43 is how bad she looks with clownish armor colours.

This keeps up I'll just quit, orange gear is fine, if you can find all the matching pieces and if you want to be sub par with raid gear and PvP gear.

The realization with how arrogant Bioware is being about their precious orange customization gear is sickening and honestly puts a bad taste in my mouth for TOR.

Go do the heroics.

I play trooper and ever since Tatooine my armor has looked wicked.

Some real cool sets out there, one of my favorites is the orange War Medic set around level 38-43

I've hit the brick wall when I realized that I was not satisfied with a game in the state of launching. It's not more boring than other MMOs I've played, but the leveling up is also not something I am content to do again, even though it is a different game: so that bores me.

Also, I can hardly even play 1 hour at a time, so FPs are a bit out of the question so far. This may change eventually but kids only grow one day at a time. Until then I can hardly say that I ever get engrossed in the game. And to even get anywhere I skip the VO just because I am ever so short on playing time.

So I just went back and re-subbed WoW.

I was just wondering, if anyone has gotten to the point of total boredom? Don't get me wrong, I want this game to succeed as much as the next guy.

I played wow for 3 years, it took me 3 years to realise I'm now bored of the game. Swtor has been out for 2.5 weeks. And I've already gotten to that boredom I had with wow in the first place. I absolutely loved this game at first, but the long grind and combat style is just a bore. I would normally switch it up and play different classes that might be more my style of game play, I leveled a Sage to level 29 which I didn't rush at all. Then I leveled a trooper to 31, which I rush. None the less I've already hit a wall I hit with wow. It's feeling more of a 'chore' to get to 50, than it actually being any fun anymore.

What are peoples faults on the game for them selfs so far?

Prehaps you are just burnt out on mmos? This has happened to me a few times, its not the games fault its just the overall design of mmos in general thats burning you out. Take a break, go try new things.

I was just wondering, if anyone has gotten to the point of total boredom? Don't get me wrong, I want this game to succeed as much as the next guy.

I played wow for 3 years, it took me 3 years to realise I'm now bored of the game. Swtor has been out for 2.5 weeks. And I've already gotten to that boredom I had with wow in the first place. I absolutely loved this game at first, but the long grind and combat style is just a bore. I would normally switch it up and play different classes that might be more my style of game play, I leveled a Sage to level 29 which I didn't rush at all. Then I leveled a trooper to 31, which I rush. None the less I've already hit a wall I hit with wow. It's feeling more of a 'chore' to get to 50, than it actually being any fun anymore.

For me this is the game I've been waiting for, and I finally got it. I got bored with WoW in the same amount of time you got bored with swtor. How you call this game a grind compared to that, well to each his own. IMO this game has far more depth in story telling and exponentially better in PvE compared to WoW. PvE in WoW for me turned me into a coma patient.

Edited by Yowfatto

I'm Bored. This game is too hard. I can't faceroll it like that other MMO. This requires effort. I'm Bored.

That about sums up this thread.

lol what did his post have anything to do with difficulty? if anything, the game is too easy.

easy=boring

Edited by Corwingeorge

I've hit the brick wall when I realized that I was not satisfied with a game in the state of launching. It's not more boring than other MMOs I've played, but the leveling up is also not something I am content to do again, even though it is a different game: so that bores me.

Also, I can hardly even play 1 hour at a time, so FPs are a bit out of the question so far. This may change eventually but kids only grow one day at a time. Until then I can hardly say that I ever get engrossed in the game. And to even get anywhere I skip the VO just because I am ever so short on playing time.

So I just went back and re-subbed WoW.

You just said lvling up is not something you want to do again, yet you're going back to WoW. that is quite the contradictory statement. Enjoy the pandas and pokemons I don't think anything exists in this world to keep you from WoW.

Edited by Yowfatto

HOW TO FIX BRICKWALL ONE

ENABLE ANTI ALISAING (watch the link i got put into my signature)

Yeah don't. It's not really set up to work properly and frankly it messes with texture rendering. That and it doesn't affect characters so you look like **** and the environments look sharp.

Yeah don't. It's not really set up to work properly and frankly it messes with texture rendering. That and it doesn't affect characters so you look like **** and the environments look sharp.

I haven't noticed any problems with anything after I turned AA on. Game looks a lot better.

You just said lvling up is not something you want to do again, yet you're going back to WoW. that is quite the contradictory statement. Enjoy the pandas and pokemons I don't think anything exists in this world to keep you from WoW.

Oh no. I left out info to shorten the post but: I have only 2 characters in wow. In the 6 years that I've played, with a hiatus here and there I'll admit.

Also swtor IS easy imo.

I got bored in my 20s with my Jedi Gaurdian...I managed level 30 just trying to find something to like about the game. The world feels small, Jedi feels weak, the story is lame, the companions annoying. I did most of my leveling by "exploring" as combat is clunky.

I keep hoping if I just put a little more effort in , I'll find an aspect of the game worth sticking around for...It's just bad.

As a sidenote... I Deleted all my toons on WoW, when Wrath launched, no intetions of starting over there...so save your self the "go back to WoW" silly fan-bois

Not even a little bit.

If anything, I've gotten more hooked on the game this week than I did at release.

I hit a brick wall around level 30, too; but I grit my teeth, and powered through it

I do still feel bored with the game, and I'm not sure if I'll stay past the free month, though

Anyway, I'd say my biggest fault on this game is that it feels old. I want to like TOR, but it just feels old

Oh poor you, your forced to play a video game. And you don't have to tell us how much you dislike the game and think the 10 day old game is too old for you.