GSF medals not counting towards Galactic Season goal

Pricia

Damage medas from deathmatch seem to count, but defend medals from domination don't progess the season objective

Not sure about capture, didn't get any so far.

Honestly no idea what counts. I did 4 matches today, I got a lame 5 credits out of 21 medals.

Can confirm, objective still hangs at 1/25 after multiple medals from a handful of battles.

Similar problem with the reputation weekly goal, no change from 0/1000 after a handful of rep trophies.

On the other hand, the Coreward Worlds missions counter seems to go up by 2 (although doing the weekly as well made sure I had more than enough missions done in any case), at least it did for me on Balmorra; not the case with the kill counter, though.

And since this week could always get worse, did not get the 34 points for personal conquest for Technological Advancements either...

Edited by Luinthoron

Can confirm, objective still hangs at 1/25 after multiple medals from a handful of battles.

Similar problem with the reputation weekly goal, no change from 0/1000 after a handful of rep trophies.

On the other hand, the Coreward Worlds missions counter seems to go up by 2 (although doing the weekly as well made sure I had more than enough missions done in any case), at least it did for me on Balmorra; not the case with the kill counter, though.

And since this week could always get worse, did not get the 34 points for personal conquest for Technological Advancements either...

Dump question but did you click on the reputation items in your inventory?

Also shocked that only a few of us have reported the GSF issue...

Edited by Pricia

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for your reports about the GSF medals.

Our team is aware that some medals are not counting toward the total of the 'Stay on Target' Weekly Objective. Here is the list of the events which will count toward progress:

• Deal 20,000/25,000/30,000/40,000 Damage to Enemies
  • Capture 2 Objective Points in a match
  • Capture 3 Objective Points in a match
  • Defend a Control Point for 4 minutes
  • Defend a Control Point for 8 minutes

Note: PvP medals are not counting toward the progression of this objective.

For visibility, I'll add this bug to the known issues list:

• Some medals are not counting towards the total of the 'Stay on Target' Weekly Objective.

Edited by CommunityTeam

Besides the bug of not counting. Can't you add for the next time that it also count kills/assist medals?

For newbies on GSF is hard to get high damage medals and the carpture/defend would be ok if capture node popped more often. I played at least 6 matches since last week and every single one was deathmatch.

I feel naive for asking, but will the devs at least try to solve this bug before the end of the week, or should I continue the grind now and hope that before the timer will run out I'll have completed this objective? Edited by Martrakk

Hi folks,

Our team is aware that some medals are not counting toward the total of the 'Stay on Target' Weekly Objective. Here is the list of the events which will count toward progress:

• Some medals are not counting towards the total of the 'Stay on Target' Weekly Objective.

This awful, I can never deal more than 15k damage at the very most, even with a gunship. So my only hope is to do 15 to 20 DOMINATION fights, capture a satellite, and guard it for 8 minutes, which is close to an impossible task. Thanks for this incredibly BAD idea. FIX IT, this is not supposed to be this HARD to get this stupid season objective. I've renewed my subscription again for this season, don't make me cancel it. Either fix it now, or give us the season points for those who played enough GSF. I've been at it since TUESDAY, and only have 5 medals.

I haven't noticed that defense and capture medals are only for certain tiers of each but I haven't been tracking that closely.

I agree, the criteria are ridiculous. It's pretty brutal, even for a vet. All medals count for Warzones. Assist medals should count, because if you're getting Assists, you're doing damage. I'm a GSF vet and a pretty damn good pilot, but I've never seen a medal for 40K damage from myself or anyone. The highest I've ever seen is 30K, and I consistently do more than 40K. That has to be a typo. If you get team deathmatch, the best you can do is three medals if you're good. Woe unto rookies. These objectives are made for vets with full knowledge of flight tactics and upgraded ships, even though making the daily and weekly repeatable has shortened the upgrade time now.

In domination, it all depends on the flow of the match, if you're good and your team is not utter bantha poodoo, you could get three for damage and maybe two more for defense or capture. It all depends on how good or bad the enemy team is and how much satellites are contested. To get more than eight medals in domination is rare, to get more than ten is almost unheard of. I've gotten gold only a handful of times because the circumstances of the matches have to allow such domination. By rewarding just defending and capturing, you are incentivizing pilots to just hold position on satellites and do nothing, because there's no effort needed other than to hold the satellite, so even if the team is losing, they are guaranteed something. And if they go on the offensive (which you need to do if you only hold one satellite if you want to win), they actually risk losing medals that they were guaranteed if they just held their position defending. Losing teams should want to win and winning teams should want to do everything to secure victory. There needs to be more to motivate action in domination that leads to contesting satellites. I've already seen behavior changes to over half the team sitting on satellites for their medals in some matches. Making Assist medals count would encourage more activity in these matches because then you're not penalized for going on the offensive.

If BioWare is worried about abuse, we pilots are much more aware of kicking leechers than PvPers are, but the only action that a leecher could exploit is sitting on a satellite that isn't being contested for the Defense medals, which can already be done.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

So my only hope is to do 15 to 20 DOMINATION fights, capture a satellite, and guard it for 8 minutes, which is close to an impossible task.

It's actually a bad idea to hope for the 8 minutes, even if you point yourself in a tight spot on a satellite, the enemy team is now predisposed to look for you there, due to it becoming a common tactic, it's better to set an engine mode [F3] and speed up towards one satellite with a group, capture it, cut the engine off [x], park in a satellite crevice, turn shield mode [F2] and try to survive for 4 minutes, and if both teams are close to equal in strength straight away after 4 minute notification in a chat, join an effort to capture another satellite, if you're lucky you may even get 3 captures. Thanks to that strategy, twice I've got three counting medals and thrice two, while only once have I managed to not be blown away for a straight 8 minutes.

It still took me about 16 hours on the whole to complete this broken objective, tho :mad:

Edited by Martrakk

This awful, I can never deal more than 15k damage at the very most, even with a gunship.

Did you grab the intro to GSF mission from the PVP terminal? That should allow you to get at least one ship near mastered which will help with damage significantly. Not saying it's a solution but every bit helps and wanted to make sure you (or anyone else reading) were aware of it.

I have reached the 25 medals mark.

It only took over a hundred fights, trying AND FAILING to get 20k damage in Deathmatches (which happened to be the gamemode in 75% of my tries) then captured and camped on a satellite for 8 minutes when I could. And yeah, I used engine boost and then cut the engines in a hiding spot, with my shields up. Like a noob. Thank you so much.

I still think bioware should give us 12 extra points for THEIR mistakes.

Edited by Kaecillius

It's actually a bad idea to hope for the 8 minutes, even if you point yourself in a tight spot on a satellite, the enemy team is now predisposed to look for you there, due to it becoming a common tactic, it's better to set an engine mode [F3] and speed up towards one satellite with a group, capture it, cut the engine off [x], park in a satellite crevice, turn shield mode [F2] and try to survive for 4 minutes, and if both teams are close to equal in strength straight away after 4 minute notification in a chat, join an effort to capture another satellite, if you're lucky you may even get 3 captures. Thanks to that strategy, twice I've got three counting medals and thrice two, while only once have I managed to not be blown away for a straight 8 minutes.

It still took me about 16 hours on the whole to complete this broken objective, tho :mad:

That is a despicable tactic, and veterans will hunt you down and kill you. You are being nothing more than cannon fodder and being rewarded for it.

This is why there needs to be more of an incentive to go on the offense, BioWare. You get pilots like this otherwise.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

That is a despicable tactic, and veterans will hunt you down and kill you. You are being nothing more than cannon fodder and being rewarded for it.

This is why there needs to be more of an incentive to go on the offense, BioWare. You get pilots like this otherwise.

Sorry, it had to be done, no other way around it, tried to be proactive, killed great amount of enemies, even some alone, to my surprise, yet no medals that counted. Hopefully objective like that won't repeat, you just got to suffer this week that opportunistic behaviour that this bug forced upon us.

Humans are nothing but cannibalistic beasts, remaining outside of harm of another only with way too loose shackles of not so common courtesy, limit our food supply - or in this age of excess, a luxury supply - we'd break them and try to sate our hunger eternal. This week it got to be you. Again, sorry that this piece of reality was forced upon this game, which supposed to be fun and an asylum from the real world problems, and you have an entire week, no less, of being deprived of what I assume gives you a great deal of entertainment.

I can now use that detestable phrase, "I'm just a human" and be ashamed for my failure, and also many others, which I don't fool myself makes it worse, of being better than the baseline. I failed to contain that hideous animal and introduced to your life some modicum of misery, and in doing so I made the world, although maybe infinitesimal amount, but there is no amount that matters not, a worse place. And even if there is some fault with the people who oversaw this objective, there is also fault on me.

I'm sorry.

What's wrong with it? Even before Galactic Seasons I often saw people just sitting at a satellite under cover. It's a good strategy because it forces you to find the right angle in order to kill them, and as long as their team has the satellite to begin with they can keep control of it. Don't know why that would be "despicable."

Edit: That being said, while I'm here... Bioware, please make all medals count towards the GS objective. Having only some of them count makes it unnecessarily hard for unskilled GSF players, and take an unnecessarily long time even for GSF regulars.

Edited by Ruvalie

Hi folks,

This is by far the worst Season Weekly, so far. We are lucky to get 3 medals per match with this issue

1x Damage 20,000

1x Capture 2 points

1x Defend 4 minutes

Edited by Falensawino

Sorry, it had to be done, no other way around it, tried to be proactive, killed great amount of enemies, even some alone, to my surprise, yet no medals that counted. Hopefully objective like that won't repeat, you just got to suffer this week that opportunistic behaviour that this bug forced upon us.

Humans are nothing but cannibalistic beasts, remaining outside of harm of another only with way too loose shackles of not so common courtesy, limit our food supply - or in this age of excess, a luxury supply - we'd break them and try to sate our hunger eternal. This week it got to be you. Again, sorry that this piece of reality was forced upon this game, which supposed to be fun and an asylum from the real world problems, and you have an entire week, no less, of being deprived of what I assume gives you a great deal of entertainment.

I can now use that detestable phrase, "I'm just a human" and be ashamed for my failure, and also many others, which I don't fool myself makes it worse, of being better than the baseline. I failed to contain that hideous animal and introduced to your life some modicum of misery, and in doing so I made the world, although maybe infinitesimal amount, but there is no amount that matters not, a worse place. And even if there is some fault with the people who oversaw this objective, there is also fault on me.

I'm sorry.

What? The fact that humans are animals (rather even if they be rather sophisticated in some aspects) does not justify that kind of behavior in a GSF match by you or anyone. I can't tell if you're being sincere or mocking me in your response.

Kills aren't the medals that count, as much as I would like them to, they don't. Only damage and satellite captures and as you already know, sat defense medals count.

The Problem here is the Objective. Don't blame players for doing what they are told to do.

Last week the GSF-Season objective was play and win (1pnt per match + 1 point for a win)

This week it is making medals.

Unfortunately the best strategy to make as many medals as possible, is not the same strategy that is required to win the game. Players who come for the season don't come to win, it's not heir objective.

Don't blame the players for playing towards their objective, blame BW for making such an ill considered objective.

They should have known that this was going to happen. It was obvious to me when I first saw the objectve.

Edited by Real_Dark_Lord