How to deal with gold elites?

Wolfninjajedi

For Gold Elites, level 27-32, I just summon the C2-N2 droid from the ship. For multiple targets, Corso or Risha are fine, but for a tough single target I need to survive longer to keep pumping out damage. The droid will heal well enough most of the time. I have solo'd several +2 Elites using the droid, but I have yet to solo a Champion with any approach.

Anyone have a trick in dealing with gold bosses?

Do you mean elites like the title says, or bosses which I would only consider a Champion to be?

Actually I do it the other way around, start with Charged Blast and follow up with the 1.5 second Aimed Shot (reduced due to crit from Charged Blast).

The time before you initiate combat is free time, so it makes more sense to use your slowest cast time shot, and use the reduced time one for during the fight.

I am only just hit 28 so I don't know how relevant this is to your skills or spec, but this is my normal initial burst rotation with Corso tanking.

Crouch

Aimed Shot

Instant Charged Burst

Flash Grenade

Sabotage Charge

Smuggler's Luck

Charged Burst

Vital Shot

* Corso normally pulled them in at this point *

Dirty Kick

Reduced Time Aimed Shot

Depending how fast I executed that I might need cool head by now.

Once the stun from dirty is gone I will throw in a Diversion, then Dirty Kick again when thats back.

Need to work in a Flourish Shot somewhere now I have it for harder mobs, doesn't seem worth it for Strongs and below.

Edited by -Azimov-

Gear either Corso or Bowdaar with actually tanking items and a solid weapon. You will notice the difference in their tanking and taking damage.

I geared Bowdaar up, modable vibrosword, mod armor (with def stats). He's a beast now, gold elites are fun to kill now.

One trick I found was not to order Bowdaar to attack. I use Aimed Shoot, then Defence Screen, once I'm attacked Bowdaar charges in and taunts. That is six seconds of go crazy DPS.

And get a Biochem to make you the stims that heal you and your companion.

Edited by Junostorm

Killing elites with dotas are easy. I dont have any problems with elites. First of all find some cover near elite. Best way is when u find something round so u can keep running.

U need not tanking companion but dpsing.

There are 2 ways for me - safer and longer - u put dotas and run letting dotas and ur companion dmg elite - after dotas and u put them again - if elite is too fast u use leg shot or some cc.

Shorter one is similar to first but u put dotas, get some def and use 2-3strongest skills, and u run after that repitng it after cd.

I didnt have problems with 2+ lvls elites - its just matter of time.

And important thing - if elite start to hit ur companion u have to dps hard enough to get aggro on u again.

Depending what type of elite it is, if is a melee one who can charge and stuns, I prefer using Vector as IA Sniper (3rd companion, dps, has aoe snare helping to kite between knockback / roots CDs), if is ranged I try to make a triangle with my tanking companion, abusing the passive command everytime he casts an aoe targeted at her and I can't interrupt, to avoid the dmg.

Most important thing is to have a good energy management and CD's rotation, so you always have an answer to what is happening. Worst case is being energy starved with companion dead and elite at 10-15% hp. You don't want that :> Know when to burst, when to regen, when to change position etc.

You can take couple hits keeping ballistic dampners charges up in cover, shield probe (your equivalent) and using Evasion (as well as the group shield, but that is a late game skill which you won't have for most of your adventures).

My advice: use your CC's early to get the cooldowns rolling to get to use them again if need arrives. IE: I will do a burst opener, then flashbang to regen energy, reposition etc.

Very important to use Diversion at start of the fight, so you have it up again if is a hard fight and companion dies, to help mitigate some dmg / CC from elite, as well as not being forced to move - doing 0 dps, because you can't interrupt that AoE or channel.

I get a few deaths against bosses, not so many against grunts. I pretty much do the same as others.

Aim shot, demo charge, charged burst, blind grenade and repeat. If you look like you're getting low, use a kick or blind grenade as an opportunity for medpack.

If he's a melee opponent disable Corso's harpoon, leg shot can give you another ranged attack or two before they reach you.

Golds for me were a breeze as a sharpshooter. If I hit a new lvl and still had not upgraded all my mods/barrel/armoring then the fight was a lil harder but still did it fine.

For lvling I would suggest forgeting the alclarity talents till a respec at 50.

Bowdaar does not need I repeat does not need orange gear you can finnish every normal mission and all class missions just upgrading his armor with greens you get from missions on each planet. I finished my class series at 50 with bowdaar still w/o implants and some low lvl ear piece.

Make sure bowdaar has his tanking stance active sometimes it randomly turns off. If he seems to be dieing alot deactivate all his abilities and reactivate them I ran into this once and after doing this he would finnaly start using his shield again.

If a fight contains more then 1 mob and atleast one of them is a gold/silver start off killing the non elites first. sure they die fast but putting them off is actualy allowing them to deal dmg that otherwise wouldn't happen so just one/2 shot them if you can't do this which you should be able to.

If it's a fight after a cut scene flash bang back up set up ur cover.

Rotation if only fighting 1 gold elite

Armor debuff.

Speed shot

Instant Charged

Reduced cast Aimed

At this point I usualy throw my canister to reduce accuracy to keep bowdaar alive longer

trick shot.

From here it is a priority system

Speed shot/trick/aimed should all be used off of there cd

Are you above 40% energy? charged shot if not auto atk

When you get ur 31pnt talent after my first speed shot comes off cd I speedshot activate my cd speed shot speed shot.

Using this rotation you can bounce agro between u and ur tank pretty well which if you use bowdaar shouldn't be near you so the mob has to waste time running back and forth during which time doing no dmg.

If the mob runs to u leave cover dirty kick and run back. Or pulse detonator use which ever on u didnt the next time you get agro. This will keep the mob far enough away that you shouldn't take cleave dmg. After pulse you can use your big bubble to help bowdaar take even less dmg.

I'd recomend this build for lvling

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rcrbdRoRgzZbcZh.1

Remember save 14 comms per planet for upgraded barrels

Stat priority Cunning over anything else this means your looking for things with the tag Skill sometimes patron barrels are better because they have higher dmg because they are higher lvl barrels

For lvling I went with Accuracy and Crit as my secoundary stats I could be wrong but I had no problems and found it easier when I went accuarcy over surge but our off hand has a pretty bad hit chance even w/ specials so the more accuarcy you have the more often you hit with both weapons which will greatly increase your dmg.