I'm sorry, what exactly is there for me to do now?

Kylanna

You took away Renown, which I actually enjoyed working towards boxes of goodies.

You took away crafting, so now I have to wait months before I'll be able to use the expensive CM weapons I purchased and I'm stuck with crappy quest greens.

You neutered Conquest, so now it's not worth doing on so many alts.

There's no more earning boxes of gear from stuff to get higher gear, so now I have to grind out some sort of currency crap just to upgrade things that don't seem rewarding in the least.

We didn't get an anniversary event, so nothing to do for this epic 10th anniversary. Instead, you pushed back a mediocre "expansion" that's more of just a small content update and destroyed most of what many of us loved about this game.

So please enlighten me as to how exactly this "expansion" is supposed to be long term and engaging.

You took away Renown, which I actually enjoyed working towards boxes of goodies.

You took away crafting, so now I have to wait months before I'll be able to use the expensive CM weapons I purchased and I'm stuck with crappy quest greens.

There's no more earning boxes of gear from stuff to get higher gear, so now I have to grind out some sort of currency crap just to upgrade things that don't seem rewarding in the least.

We didn't get an anniversary event, so nothing to do for this epic 10th anniversary. Instead, you pushed back a mediocre "expansion" that's more of just a small content update and destroyed most of what many of us loved about this game.

So please enlighten me as to how exactly this "expansion" is supposed to be long term and engaging.

1. You can replay any class story with any newly available combat style - If you have any RP spirit in you

2. There is Galactic Season 2 - a chance to earn some Cartel Coins - and you can do it on 5 servers - i think it has some value for your effort.

3. While you will be doing GS2 on other servers you can help other ppl on underpopulated ones to have some FP or GSF fun and make queue pops easier

4. Log every day to get rewards

Completing The GS2 - it should take 60-100 days - so that much the time BW has to patch the game up and release some more content

That's what i am gonna do in the current situation

I've started a new trooper with a primary combat style of sniper (not bothering with a secondary though). I certainly prefer a rifle to a bazooka.

I will take my level 75s through the Manaan story to get them to 80, then park them until the next episode (if there is one). I will probably do the Mek-Sha Tradehouse dailies/weeklies though. Have done the flashpoint on both Rep and Imp side and it's pretty underwhelming and you get nothing worthwhile for your time, so am not going to bother until I need to when the next episode drops.

I will then either play my low-level characters or log off altogether after the Mek-Sha missions and either play GW2, Lost Ark, or find something else to do with my time offline.

There's pretty much nothing else for me as a story-only solo player to do at max level - I've just run one of my favourite flashpoints that I usually do for fun and for gear to deconstruct (Traitor Among the Chiss), and there's absolutely no point. You get next to nothing for your time.

Bored with 7.0 already.

I feel you 100%. When I log in now I'm at a total loss. Everything I enjoyed doing on a regular basis has been decimated.

I miss comfy alt leveling in vet FPs. It was always an easy thing to do when I got bored

I get why they made it a rotation, but surely low levels can have an alternate FP instead of waiting 50 levels

Edited by Kazanth

/sign

I also liked renown and conquest with many of my alt.

The new gearing system is bull******.

For a 10 years anniversery i hoped (not really) for new class stories or at least a epic story for the two fractions and what did we get?

Nothing - what the hell should this filler on Manaan? Stupid trash killing with an boring side story, what is the connection to the main story? I cant see it.

Edited by Master_Morak

I played this game for two years. Before the expansion I played a character in each class through all the content and to maximum renown. I even made alts to try some of the romances and playstyles. The new missions were boring and didn't really have a story. The new flashpoint boss fight is too painful to do again. So I unsubscribed and quit playing.

1. You can replay any class story with any newly available combat style - If you have any RP spirit in you

2. There is Galactic Season 2 - a chance to earn some Cartel Coins - and you can do it on 5 servers - i think it has some value for your effort.

3. While you will be doing GS2 on other servers you can help other ppl on underpopulated ones to have some FP or GSF fun and make queue pops easier

Completing The GS2 - it should take 60-100 days - so that much the time BW has to patch the game up and release some more content

I get what you're saying but if I'm going to start over on a different server it might as well be in a different game where everything is new and exciting. Where you have to learn and see stuff that isn't the same thing that we've been doing for a while now. What they have given us is a level/gear reset with no real substance. It's a mindless grind for the sake of a mindless grind.

Edited by Sethenon

I'm with you OP. Just grinding things I don't want to do on my characters to improve my gear, and getting frustrated at how slow CQ points are.

So much fun.

Oh but we did get an anniversary event, come on! The vendor!!!! Clearly so worth the wait.

I liked renown. But the taking away teh skills was needed. Yes, I got used to having 300 different skills on my quickbar but it was ridiculously annoying.... not to mention during fights i never really saw the fight because i kept staring at my hotbars cooldowns.

I played this game for two years. Before the expansion I played a character in each class through all the content and to maximum renown. I even made alts to try some of the romances and playstyles. The new missions were boring and didn't really have a story. The new flashpoint boss fight is too painful to do again. So I unsubscribed and quit playing.

Ditto...except I've played since 2012. This is no longer a play your way game; unsubscribed and done. Now I have more time for other games.

Mixed feelings on Renown.. the rewards weren't very exciting, certainly a shadow of the Command it replaced (which at least gave us some unique armors/weapons and neat little flair that I still use). I can only get so many Onderonian Pummeler pieces. At least it all opened in another window and didn't take up valuable inventory slots like conquest crates do. But Renown WAS an incentive for me to subscribe... the 6000ish points for each Renown level I got (at a much faster rate) was helpful enough towards conquest that I'd sub just for that.

I'll work on Galactic Seasons objectives for now, but those have an expiration date and then what? GS isn't enough for me to maintain a sub and I'm not sure that the GS rewards as preferred are enough to really put a lot of time into it. This past week other than GS objectives (on five servers) I mostly just did some GSF. Tried playing a few toons, rearrange abilities, more disappointment than optimism. Not having much fun. We'll see if I bother to log in once my sub is finally up. If I do sub again, it would be for GS rewards, I have zero other reasons at this point as I'm not gearing up with the new system to continue with Ops runs and being able to hold more than 1mil credits is pointless in this broken game economy.

I get why they made it a rotation, but surely low levels can have an alternate FP instead of waiting 50 levels

Don't give them excuses. Their solution is the worst possible solution to the problem (best solution would be not punishinp players for unticking flashpoints).

Remember, they are working for you, you pay them for their work and you have every right to voice your concerns.

I never respond to posts but this expansion is so disappointing that I had to. I have a total of 30+ characters on my server because I love the story. I have played a light side and dark side option for each classes and done both male and female romance options for all classes. I will tell you that being able to change my combat style has absolutely no appeal to me. If I wanted to play the consular story line I will keep the consular combat style. I think that takes you out of the character that you playing if you switch it up and you fight like a knight. I can see how some people would like it, but it does nothing for me.

Also GS is interesting, but not as fun as doing my renown was or my standard conquest. As I've said, I have 30+ characters and now I have to do twice the conquest on one character, so I will not have the time anymore.

I also have enough characters that can craft anything, so not being able to start working towards that is very disappointing and leaves me asking myself, what I can do. I can't mod the weapons that I have because there are none to make and I'm stuck with my really nice looking weapons just being put in storage until mods are out. We could have at least been given the basic mods just to start like we have been given before. Sure no top level ones yet, but just to keep us crafters happy. I know that they said that wanted to do a more progression gearing system, but I think it could have been do differently as to not completely hinder crafters.

I'm disappointed and hoping that things will be fixed, but I have to agree with several people that this feels more like a filler than an expansion. I have been playing since beta and have seen lots of things go on with this game. I do hope it gets better.

"I'm sorry, what exactly is there for me to do now?""

Decorate your strongholds

While i do play the content, I am also one of the primary cybertech's and Artificers on my server. So outside of repeating the same content over and over. For however long we have to wait until crafting gets put in (I am guessing may or June) there's not much else to do.

You are correct that doing GS on different servers can be an easy way to earn cartel coins with the subscriber bonus. However, there is so much grinding for me to do on my primary server I don't have any time to cycle through the 4 others. I know, its just a few minutes, but that's ten minutes that I could do a warzone to charge my Jeweled Neuro-Key on toon # whatever.

GS1 came out when most players were already geared on multiple toons, so it was easy to find the time. I didn't have any problem completing the 7 weekly season objectives while working on my main, but we all know the weeks will have different objectives that may or may not line up nicely with conquest or gearing or whatever. Leveling a toon through the story doesn't do much for GS. The upgrade system and gear loot system is pretty complicated that I'm spending time on vendors trying to decide if such and such is worth upgrading or not, which also takes away the time from logging in on other servers. Much like in GS1, I'm not focusing on logging into other servers until I can finish some of my goals on my main server. Not that I wouldn't like free cartel coins, but I just can't be bothered right now beyond my main server, and I'm ok with that.

Well, I dunno, if you were "Working" towards renown levels, other than for the achievements like Limitless and Everyone Knows My Name, then you were kinda doing it wrong. Renown, unlike Galactic Command, was just sort of a bonus.

Again, I for one am overjoyed I can re-use the same biochem consumables and augments/augmentation kits for a few more months. The cosmetic stuff that really sold, like dyes or color crystals, you can still make. People may have been able to corner the market on sub-75 crafted gear for levelers but it was really unnecessary, and crafting endgame stuff was dead in 6.x except for one tactical. If there was armor you wanted to make for cosmetic reasons, like for example the 4.0 sets or the kell dragon re-skins from 6.0, you can still make those no problem. So, I'm not sure where you are getting that crafting was destroyed, since really 6.0 destroyed end game crafting.

Your lack of ability to use cartel market weapons is entirely unrelated to crafting, though I too am very disappointed that I cannot use my favored weapons in an appearance slot. This was supposed to be a major feature of the expansion and all we have is a vague promise that it's coming.

I thought that until I made 1.1 million on just one toon this week and completed conquest on two more, and I've only worked on 3 toons since it launched. I was one of the naysayers but I seem to be doing alright. However, as has been the case since 5.0, players who do a variety of content, and that includes group pve and pvp, will fare better than those that are exclusive to one type of content area. So, we will have to disagree there.

I can't argue with you there, it is certainly very complicated, and the rarity differences add an additional wrench into the mix. Vulkk's guide gave me SOME insight into the system but it's still not clear what I should do.

I have found that Warzone boxes and Flashpoint bosses/boxes tend to drop equivalent or upgrades for an anatomical body slot regardless of the source of the gear. For example, I can get a blue 320 belt from pvp to replace my quest-given 318 belt, or a blue 322 chest from pvp to replace my green 320 vet flashpoint chest. At least that means I won't be locked into a specific upgrade path at all times. To those that view "gearing" as "Content" it might be appealing, if it wasn't for the frustration of multiple currencies and poor itemization. For what its worth, I do think harder group content may not be terribly well balanced, as a group of myself and 3 guildies in 321+ gear with legendary implants wiped x3 on MM Tython last boss. Perhaps if some of those balance issues are sorted out the gear upgrades will seem worthwhile. It's also not well described by the game to the player that performance is tied to rarity and loot is tied to rating. This separation, where blue stuff may be less desirable than green, is something we see in the leveling process, where a purple at one character level may be equal to a green 4 character levels higher, but its not something we are used to at endgame because there was a more natural progression. Maybe the daily area will make it better? Onderon was a great example of how to do a daily area right, building on lessons learned from Ossus. In 6.0 the item rating "Vertical progression" was linear and the set bonus "horizontal progression" was more interesting or at least time consuming. Now, they seem to have taken the inverse view. I could get on board with the horizontal progression idea, although in practice it was poorly executed because the non-BiS sets were just too underpowered and never re-visited. This is a much worse way to do "horizontal progression."

We didn't get an anniversary event, so nothing to do for this epic 10th anniversary.

In their defense, the Devs did say its going to be strewn out over the year. I've learned to take their definition of an "event" with grains of salt. The very first version of the Life Day "event" was just some themed stuff on the Cartel Market, but the very first Rakghoul event (where the transport ship crashed on Tatooine and the Kaon/Lost Island flashpoints launched, before the THORN stuff) was not bad. There wasn't much for the 5th anniversary which is a big milestone too, not much more than we have gotten thus far with the 10th. At least there is more promised.

I agree with you though that the lack of story limits your "things to do." I won't get into spoilers, but the explorable/traversable area is smaller than Ossus, with missions that take about the same amount of time (and of course no daily area yet.) Flashpoint is ok, feels long but that could be because of the traveling. The whole thing (not the FP per se but the story of the expansion) feels unfinished. We only know from the cinematic ILM trailer that there is more to the story. Haven't taken any saboteurs through yet. And of course Heta Kol's Hidden Chain is still out there. So there are a lot of loose ends that need tying, which doesn't help you out right now I guess.