Empty server list

MacFelly

Well at least I got a reminder email from them that my six month sub is due to renew in 30 days. :rolleyes: Strongly inclined to cancel at this point, but we'll see if/how the compensation works out. In the meantime, I'll think about the handover process for my guilds.

If your the guild leader , just be mindful that guild leadership is transferred automatically if not logged into that character in about 4 weeks as detailed in https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-guild-management/

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your the guild leader , just be mindful that guild leadership is transferred automatically if not logged into that character in about 4 weeks as detailed in https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-guild-management/

Thank you! I am aware.

I haven't had an automatic leadership transfer yet, because I have been able to log in periodically on a different machine. However, it's extremely inconvenient. I don't always have access to the other machine, it's extremely slow and prone to randomly crashing, takes a day to update whenever updates happen, I have to change my cable set-up every time I use it, etc. But at least it's been an option sometimes when my guilds need the invasion to be set or perks bought but the officers aren't available.

I don't know if the fact that I have logged in on the other machine sometimes will stop me from being compensated for not being able to play the game on my Ryzen machine for all these weeks, but I guess I'll find out.

I will say this much: if the Ryzen bug was never fixed and I'd only ever be able to play the game on the other machine going forwards, I would definitely quit SWTOR. Like, quit playing altogether, not just quit subscribing. The experience of playing on the other machine is a chore. And as much as we can get into unhealthy gaming habits at various points, something that's unambiguously tedious is not worth wasting time or money on. So I'm very much looking forward to the patch next week. I just hope it's not delayed. Putting up with this bug for more than a month already is enough.

Edited by Estelindis

I was limping along fixing my install by removing all my settings folder then restoring my interface from backup from stored files until today. My "fix" didn't work and I got the empty server list. So I thought ok, lets just do a full Windows reinstall and clean up anything. Reinstalled Windows, downloaded swtor from http://www.swtor.com, and BOOM... still empty server list.

Going to try from steam again (had more luck with this) but seriously.. ***

It won’t be compensation, it will be a pro-rated refund for the period we were impacted, probably ignoring the previous issue where we were unable to get past the launcher.

Too late for me, I’m done and nothing short of a full refund of my full sub will suffice.

It won’t be compensation, it will be a pro-rated refund for the period we were impacted, probably ignoring the previous issue where we were unable to get past the launcher.

Too late for me, I’m done and nothing short of a full refund of my full sub will suffice.

Is that what they are doing

Hey guys does anyone know what the compensation is going to be for the time we have missed for the empty server list

So far it seems like our compensation will be an automated email saying to put in a ticket. From the game. Where you have to be logged in with set server select.

So I logged in on an old computer last night and came to the realization that all the items I had been selling, or sold on the GTN were now also gone. This would include things purchased through the cartel market with cartel coins which translate to real life money. HEY MODS, LONG TIME NO TALK.

Fix is already up. Seems to be working! Tried 2 times and worked...glad thats over at least! Doubt there will be any type of refund or conpensation. They just dont care enough. Gonna keep playing the game because i really enjoy it.

Cya around!! Keep on keepin on!

• Dev Post

Hi all,

With 7.0.1 now live, Support will be responding to players who initially reached out about the empty server list issue. Expect to hear from them soon if you have not already.

Thanks for your patience!

Fix is already up. Seems to be working! Tried 2 times and worked...glad thats over at least! Doubt there will be any type of refund or conpensation. They just dont care enough. Gonna keep playing the game because i really enjoy it.

Cya around!! Keep on keepin on!

Hi SparksGYBE,

I encourage you to read through my previous post about this issue and the steps we've taken to resolve it.

Hi everyone,

The source of the issue has been identified and a fix has been created for it. However, we will not be able to deploy it until the next game patch. As such, players who are impacted by this issue, read the below carefully.

• Please reach out to support@swtor.com
  • Add "Ryzen issue" to your subject line
  • Provide your account name
  • Confirm that you are not seeing anything on the server list
  • Confirm what hardware you are using

They will then verify the state of your account to confirm you are a player who is impacted. Compensation will be issued to you to make up for the days you have been unable to play once the fix has been deployed.

Thank you

Edited by JackieKo

I got the compensation. As frustrating as this issue was while it persisted, I'm happy that it's been resolved. And I feel that what I received in return for the problem was fair. I purchased subscription time. I then wasn't able to use my subscription time. Now I have it back.

Thanks Jackie and whoever else was involved in the fix and compensation.

I got the compensation. As frustrating as this issue was while it persisted, I'm happy that it's been resolved. And I feel that what I received in return for the problem was fair. I purchased subscription time. I then wasn't able to use my subscription time. Now I have it back.

Thanks Jackie and whoever else was involved in the fix and compensation.

Thats not compensation, thats called a purchase. If they did not "compensate" you it would be called theft. I feel like they did as little as possible and then maybe slightly less.

Thats not compensation, thats called a purchase. If they did not "compensate" you it would be called theft. I feel like they did as little as possible and then maybe slightly less.

Amen!

For the record my game is still broken, still getting no servers, so I have requested a full refund of my sub.

No, I consider it compensation. I received two months sub, after being deprived of less than two months. I also received 1,050 CC, even though the usual subscription CC were granted for the time I wasn't able to play. I suppose it's possible that these are intended to compensate for some future sub CC that won't be granted. I guess I'll find out as the subscription proceeds. In any case, I got more than I lost.

For the record my game is still broken, still getting no servers, so I have requested a full refund of my sub.

I'm really surprised to hear that. Once I was able to connect to the PTS, it seemed clear that the issue was solved - for me, at least. Were you able to connect to the PTS?

Edited by Estelindis

• Dev Post
Amen!

Hi Catalan,

We haven't received any other reports, so can you confirm the following?

• That you've run the repair tool.
  • If so, and you are still seeing this issue, can you list out your HW settings? If you would rather PM me, you're free to do so.

No, I consider it compensation. I received two months sub, after being deprived of less than two months. I also received 1,050 CC, even though the usual subscription CC were granted for the time I wasn't able to play. I suppose it's possible that these are intended to compensate for some future sub CC that won't be granted. I guess I'll find out as the subscription proceeds. In any case, I got more than I lost.

I'm really surprised to hear that. Once I was able to connect to the PTS, it seemed clear that the issue was solved - for me, at least. Were you able to connect to the PTS?

That's interesting, I only got 50 cartel coins in addition to my subscription.

That's interesting, I only got 50 cartel coins in addition to my subscription.

That's weird. Are you certain? I think the 1050CC was listed in my ledger as a customer service grant. Maybe check your ledger and see if it was definitely 50CC? 50 is such a weird amount. And I can't think of any reason why they'd give different people different amounts. As much as anything, it'd be more work vs. simply granting everyone the same.

Hi SparksGYBE,

I encourage you to read through my previous post about this issue and the steps we've taken to resolve it.

Hi JackieKo!

I was say fix was up! Working good.

Nevertheless i was never compensated nor contacted by anyone....was not expceting it anyways...this is their loss.