Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Launcher is not working since update around noon today

zvbm

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This didn’t work for me. I’m now having an issue where it’s showing my launcher running but nothing is there.

Run the patcher and extract all files to your game directory.

In your game directory delete the bitraider folder.

Launch the game, let the launcher update everything to the latest version.

If you can access the game, stop. If not then replace only the launcher DLL file and try again.

Basically you want the latest version of everything except SWTORLaunch.dll. You want Cas' version of that.

Run the patcher and extract all files to your game directory.

In your game directory delete the bitraider folder.

Launch the game, let the launcher update everything to the latest version.

If you can access the game, stop. If not then replace only the launcher DLL file and try again.

Basically you want the latest version of everything except SWTORLaunch.dll. You want Cas' version of that.

Sorry I’m a little rough on computers lol. So I don’t see a SWTORLaunch.dll in the link you guys had me download to replace. I see the old one but not a different one in the files of the other.

I confirm, this may work. Please note, though, that I created a patcher for Alder Lake only, so using it with old SWTORLaunch.dll and CPU like Ryzen will have no effect (but no harmful anyway, unlike with current DLL).

Download the file LauncherRepairUtilityU2021.0.18.exe and run it in current place, then point at the same folder like %userprofile%\Downloads for unpacking. It creates some folders which you may delete immediately. In your SWTOR folder, delete the last SWTORLaunch.dll or rename it to *.bak and then copy the SWTORLaunch.dll from ...\Downloads to SWTOR folder (you may need the Admin access for both operations). Then delete the rest in Downloads.

Now you should be able to start the current launcher because it is compatible with previous DLL. I used this with my patcher but it's not required on non-Alder Lake.

Important! Don't try to repair your installation, it will download the last non-working DLL. All above was tested on standard website launcher; I wasn't able to test the Steam launcher.

I can’t seem to find a SWTORLaunch.dll from that file I extracted to downloads?

Thank you so much. Works like a dream.

You’ve done what the game Devs could have done on day 1. You didn’t have to, so for that I thank you!

Just a word of note, when I installed the repair tool it automatically opened the launcher and updated it, so be quick to end the Launcher task and then you’ll be able to copy the file manually.

Thank you so much. Works like a dream.

You’ve done what the game Devs could have done on day 1. You didn’t have to, so for that I thank you!

Just a word of note, when I installed the repair tool it automatically opened the launcher and updated it, so be quick to end the Launcher task and then you’ll be able to copy the file manually.

You don't need the entire repair tool, just the one DLL. I let the launcher go, update, relaunch and crash, then copied the DLL over the existing one.

And all I did was a few rounds of copy some files, nope, reset, copy different files, nope, reset, copy just that one file, eureka! Cas did the real work and deserves the credit.

Understand that this is a temporary fix. When they push 7.0 on Tuesday the launcher will likely update and break again. Overwriting the DLL might work again, or might work but not patch the game, or who knows.

You don't need the entire repair tool, just the one DLL. I let the launcher go, update, relaunch and crash, then copied the DLL over the existing one.

And all I did was a few rounds of copy some files, nope, reset, copy different files, nope, reset, copy just that one file, eureka! Cas did the real work and deserves the credit.

Understand that this is a temporary fix. When they push 7.0 on Tuesday the launcher will likely update and break again. Overwriting the DLL might work again, or might work but not patch the game, or who knows.

For me the DLL in my downloads folder was overwritten by the latest bad version if I let the launcher update. Only way I could stop that was by end tasking the launcher.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

The Alder Lake issue post has been updated. The Launcher Repair link has been updated to fix the issues players were experiencing with Alder Lake and Ryzen. Please follow the steps as they are listed in the linked post.

Thank you for patience as we investigated the reports that came in and tested the fix for it.

Hi everyone,

The Alder Lake issue post has been updated. The Launcher Repair link has been updated to fix the issues players were experiencing with Alder Lake and Ryzen. Please follow the steps as they are listed in the linked post.

Thank you for patience as we investigated the reports that came in and tested the fix for it.

Is the patched version supposed to re-download the entire game? And I mean over 40 Gb of data.

Hi everyone,

Works for me! Thanks!

Count me in with the people who have had problems with the server list not populating. I used the repair tool, and I was able to start the launcher (finally), but after updating, the server list is blank. I’ve tried everything: disabled firewall, reinstalled, tried Steam launcher, everything that has worked for people in the past. No luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.