Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Skip to Expansion with 7.0?

ThrawnFanatic

I didn't see anything posted, but was curious - are we going to be able to skip to the start of Legacy of the Sith like we could with KOTFE/KOTET/Ossus?

Maybe, but probably not, unless you want your character defaulted to being a a Loyalist. Remember that Onslaught was the first expansion that was after the concept of "skippable-to" was introduced but where we could not skip to it. Instead, we had to skip to (and play through) Ossus.

Don't forget that the Loyalost/Saboteur decision is at the beginning of Ossus, not at the beginning of Onslaught, and has a visible impact *during* Onslaught. It won't be invisible in LotS either.

• Dev Post
I didn't see anything posted, but was curious - are we going to be able to skip to the start of Legacy of the Sith like we could with KOTFE/KOTET/Ossus?

Hi ThrawnFanatic,

The skip story will be left at Ossus as it is the beginning of the story arc where we want players to be contextually.

Hi ThrawnFanatic,

The skip story will be left at Ossus as it is the beginning of the story arc where we want players to be contextually.

Master datacron and commander token will still leave us at 70? Would be nice to be at least 75 on 7.0 or keep the token to 70 but datacron boosts to 80

Edited by csilvajonas

Hi ThrawnFanatic,

I have plenty of characters and have done the full storyline on a handful but most have ended their story progression somewhere in the middle of Onderon, do you mean that I need to finish both that planet, mek-sha and the remaining story arcs with flashpoints and cutscenes on Odessen before I can start leveling them with the new expansion?

come on bioware with all the delays of the expansion, most features being pushed from 7.0 to 7.1 and now you make it even more of a bother to play and level alts in the next expansion? gotta be able to do better job at connecting with the overall playerbase and making features that player wants, not that developers want

Interesting that you didn't say "Spirit of Vengeance" there...

Oddly, SoV has become one of my favourite flashpoints! I was so scared of it for so long, but now run it for fun (!).

Echoes of Oblivion, however, can get in the bin....really hate that stupid mindscape stuff (have figured out a route to get through with as little interaction with the shades as quickly as possible), and that last fight is incredibly drawn-out and tedious.

Almost as bad as the fight against Arcann on his flagship where all you do is wait for the shield to be ready then hit him with it.....mind-numbingly tedious and boring.

Hi ThrawnFanatic,

It makes sense but... considering that a lot of characters will probably be level 80 way before catching up with LotS, you might want to consider giving some kind of gear reward for those stories. Can't imagine having to do that content again and not get anything useful out of it.

Not gonna lie... I have no desire to make another character to have to go through that again either.

Oddly, SoV has become one of my favourite flashpoints! I was so scared of it for so long, but now run it for fun (!).

Echoes of Oblivion, however, can get in the bin....really hate that stupid mindscape stuff (have figured out a route to get through with as little interaction with the shades as quickly as possible), and that last fight is incredibly drawn-out and tedious.

My main issue with SoV is I've run it 34 times and I've NEVER seen the achievement clickies. It's really irritating.

Almost as bad as the fight against Arcann on his flagship where all you do is wait for the shield to be ready then hit him with it.....mind-numbingly tedious and boring.

You don't have to. I got him down to the end without even using the shield last time. Much faster.

Edited by Pricia

Hi ThrawnFanatic,

Speaking of stories skip I have not seen any information on what's going to be happening with the Master's datacron.

Do you have any information for us on that? Is it being updated?

Edited by Zergnaut

I have plenty of characters and have done the full storyline on a handful but most have ended their story progression somewhere in the middle of Onderon, do you mean that I need to finish both that planet, mek-sha and the remaining story arcs with flashpoints and cutscenes on Odessen before I can start leveling them with the new expansion?

come on bioware with all the delays of the expansion, most features being pushed from 7.0 to 7.1 and now you make it even more of a bother to play and level alts in the next expansion? gotta be able to do better job at connecting with the overall playerbase and making features that player wants, not that developers want

Do the story on one character, level up all the others to the new level cap by doing heroics and other stuff. You don't need to only level up through story, you can access all maps without doing the story.

Hi ThrawnFanatic,

Do reconsider this please, you can leave the Ossus skip available but also provide one directly to LOTS if possible. There is a lot of story content post Ossus now, and considering that it is the same story for all classes on a faction it makes sense to let people skip it instead of having to play it on all 50 characters to clear their mission log.

Maybe, but probably not, unless you want your character defaulted to being a a Loyalist.

I have the same question - can we skip? I dont really care for 6 of my alts. I just want them max level.

If we can skip, I`ll level them up to 75 via Warzones before the expansion release.

I do everything slow and right with 1 main Rep and 1 main Imp. My other 6 alts are just to fill all the rest of the classes.

The worst thing is Echoes of Oblivion since you get to kill Emperor. Thats kinda out of it all since imagine you start as a new player and advance to max possible, which is Onslaught and they will skip eveerything and just see how you kill some powerful guy..... It should at least start after that fight. Then however people will not know the new characters in Onslaught, so i dunno.

• 2 months later...
Hi ThrawnFanatic,

Wasn't 7.0 marketed as "Play the way you want to play"? No one should be forced through this mediocre at best story more than one :( My main went through it. My alts shouldn't have to.

X1000000000. All the stupid trash mobs in EoO are so tiresome. The final fight is bad too TBH … a lot of fluff, but no real danger of ever dying.

At least EoO is somewhat interesting and has a good story. Spirit of Vengeance is HORRIBLE. I kept thinking "Why am I doing this?" About a million mobs, half of which wouldn't let me stealth through. No real feeling of caring about anything as you do it.

Wish I could just skip it.

I wish I could also skip sov and EoO.

Sov has no interest at all, it is a waste of time.

EoO is just boring, and again the same villain + again a mind meld + the tedious boss fight, even worse than the last fight against revan on Yavin.

The interesting part of the story is done by Kira and Scourge, the treasure hunt (body)

Yeah, can't skip SoV.

Won't bother then.

Not gonna grind through 16 characters on a FP I don't want to do

just to get to the story I want to play.

Though from what I have read it isn't worth it anyway.

Edited by Rammboo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.