7.1 scheduled release month?

fabsus

Unfortunately Swtor is nearing its end of life. I have been here since launch (in most of times as a sub), this is not the 10 years this game deserves.

Not only we did not get the performance improvements many dreamt off, but we are witnessing a game in maintenance mode since 6.1. I thought 7.0 might the start of a new page like 5.8 and .9 (the patches which gave me hope) but its actually getting worse. Sometimes I wish BW pulls the plug Swtor, cause really this game and its player base do not deserve this. So much potential and so many wrong decisions since 4.0. Sometimes it feels there is one person working on this game.

This ^

• 1 month later...
7.1 will release in February 2023 as part of a year-long 11th Anniversary celebration! Why just release a microscopic expansion on time when you can delay it, split what's little in it in half and celebrate for 2 years? As you can see the future of SWTOR is bright, this will be the decade of SWTOR! Stay tuned for 7.1 to find out what Darth Malgus is planning!

cough I love your sarcasm I am loosing hope =) thanks for the laughs and everyone else who has posted :D

Edited by Iceslasher
spelling error

Unfortunately Swtor is nearing its end of life. I have been here since launch (in most of times as a sub), this is not the 10 years this game deserves.

Not only we did not get the performance improvements many dreamt off, but we are witnessing a game in maintenance mode since 6.1. I thought 7.0 might the start of a new page like 5.8 and .9 (the patches which gave me hope) but its actually getting worse. Sometimes I wish BW pulls the plug Swtor, cause really this game and its player base do not deserve this. So much potential and so many wrong decisions since 4.0. Sometimes it feels there is one person working on this game.

This !

It will depend on when 7.02 is out too... If it's next week (hopefully), 7.1 could still be out in May. If not... I won't hold my breath...

The fact that nothing has been updated on the PTS about weapon outfitter this week and that typically it takes at least 3 weeks between a PTS release and a live release is not a good sign though.

So yeah. So much for "7.1 will be released shortly after LotS."

Shades of Star Wars Galaxies? I was there when that game died, was a launch subscriber as well, and it was a very, very painful experience. I hope SWTOR does not repeat that tragic end.

Clearly you have no idea what a game in maintenance mode actually is.

Glad you can prove to us you don't know what a dying game looks like. This ain't it chief. I've lived through maintenance mode.

Yeah so much for "shortly after" 7.0.

I'd expect at least one more big "bug fix" patch before they move on to 7.1. Too much still broken to try and release new content (which probably needs to be updated to incorporate the bug fixes already released before it is ready)

7.1 will release in February 2023 as part of a year-long 11th Anniversary celebration! Why just release a microscopic expansion on time when you can delay it, split what's little in it in half and celebrate for 2 years? As you can see the future of SWTOR is bright, this will be the decade of SWTOR! Stay tuned for 7.1 to find out what Darth Malgus is planning!

Man it is so sad how like Bioware this really is. This whole "expansion" is a let down.

When the KOTFE were released as an expansion 4.0 in the fall 2015.

Then at the beginning of 2016 they released every month a new story chapter from Anarchy in the Paradise to the end with Battle of Odessen.

Then later on to the fall of 2016 they released the expansion 5.0 KOTET.

In the beginning of 2017 the next patch 5.1 were released in January or February.

Then 5.2 with the Iokath Spoils of war were released on April after the Easter holiday.

7.1 should be released by now in April but not this time.

It seems that it take 6 months from December to May to release a new story content.

Why not release a story chapter every month instead to wait several months ahead for something new to come?

Secret of the Enclave with Dantooine were released last year in May because of the event May the 4th.

It is tireless to wait after the previous story content is done with my 8 character classes.

• 4 weeks later...
I could've sworn I remember seeing somewhere posted that bioware was aiming to launch 7.1 a month after 7.0. It's been 3 months (now that it's may), and not even a release date. What in the world is going on... Edited by Alaric_Mikaelson

I could've sworn I remember seeing somewhere posted that bioware was aiming to launch 7.1 a month after 7.0. It's been 3 months (now that it's may), and not even a release date. What in the world is going on...

I think they said "shortly after."

We're getting very close to getting past the "shortly after" window.

Maybe we'll hear something this week... I mean, they tested the op weeks ago. But considering that we don't really know what is coming in 7.1 except the op and the daily area, it's hard to speculate.

Maybe we'll hear something this week... I mean, they tested the op weeks ago. But considering that we don't really know what is coming in 7.1 except the op and the daily area, it's hard to speculate.

I thought they only tested some of the new Operation bosses. Did they actually test them all yet?

Remember, "shortly after" was brought to us by the same team that said the below:

"Our annual Anniversary event is running for an entire year! From December 14, 2021 to January 2023"

Remember, "shortly after" was brought to us by the same team that said the below:

"Our annual Anniversary event is running for an entire year! From December 14, 2021 to January 2023"

Oh yes sorry it's "hot on the wheels" actually.

Quite sure the wheels are cold by now.

I'm also still convinced that when he's talking about Kira, Scourge, Akaavi and Torian, he's actually talking about PAST content, but, you know... although we might see Torian again when (if) we go back to the Mando stuff.

I for one look forward to my free #3A58FF hue changed droid pet I will get in the mail on every character in perpetuity as an apology for 7.1 being delayed...

You called it (more or less) https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20220502-0 :D:D:D

In honor of Star Wars™ Day, and to show our appreciation for all of our players in a galaxy far, far away, we're giving away the orange P1-XL droid! This droid's boxy chassis and high-visibility paint ensures that you'll never lose sight of him as he follows along in your many adventures!

Simply log in to Star Wars: The Old Republic anytime between May 3rd and May 10th and your very own mini-pet will be waiting for you in your in-game mailbox

1 month after 7.0 was stated in a livestream before 7.0 was launched.

I believe that stream was in December of last year, but don't recall precisely. It was the last stream that was done prior to 7.0.

In any case, the game is still fundamentally broken in many areas, and the patches since 7.0 have not even addressed really important ones, like mirror class abilities not working identically, let alone those bugs that are distracting or make the game experience feel cheap. BW stopped even acknowledging significant bugs as known issues months ago.

My sub runs out in a couple weeks, one that's been active for all but 2 months or so since SWTOR went live, and I have no faith in the current team's ability to fix what they broke.

People can debate whether or not SWTOR is "dead", but it certainly isn't worth paying for.

MMOs that were released at approximately the same time, including ones like ESO or FF14, provide much better updates and, generally, a far superior game experience. There's also every other genre of game out there.

Edited by arunav