Who will have access to stealth in 7.0?

yoconnor

I have been told so many different things that I don't know what to believe anymore.

Can anyone clarify who gets access to stealth and who doesn't (in 7.0) please?

This has not changed at all. The advanced classes that currently do have access to stealth, will: Scoundrel/Operatives, Assassins/Shadows. If you select one of the advanced classes (or 'combat styles') that uses stealth, you will have stealth on that character.

Because every sub is about to have two ACs instead of one, a lot more characters are going to have stealth as an option at endgame. But because we can't change ACs (styles) in the middle of flashpoints/operations/arenas/wzs not everyone will be using their stealth class all of the time.

Stealth is attached to advanced classes, which are being renamed combat styles in 7.0.

Which advanced classes have stealth is not changing.

Real stealth:

Operative/Scoundrel or Shadow/Assassin

Budget stealth I bought on sale from a jawa:

Sentinel/Marauder

If you chose one of the above combat styles on a character, that character will have stealth. In principle, that means that before you pick all your combat styles on a character that character has the potential to pick a stealth combat style.

However, if you pick non-stealth combat styles for all of a character's combat styles, for example a Vanguard + Gunslinger, then that character would not have stealth because it picked zero stealth combat styles.

the short answer is everyone.

Everyone will be able to choose a stealth class.

Commando can choose Scoundrel and have stealth

Sentinel can choose Assassin even (if they have Dark Side V legacy) and have stealth

Everyone can choose a stealth class now or whenever they started playing. That doesn't mean everyone has. Or will...

This has not changed at all. The advanced classes that currently do have access to stealth, will: Scoundrel/Operatives, Assassins/Shadows. If you select one of the advanced classes (or 'combat styles') that uses stealth, you will have stealth on that character.

This looks like your best answer to me. I'm getting worried that people still post things that make it seem as if you will get abilities that are not tied to whatever advanced class you are logged in as.

A vanguard will not get stealth, a gunslinger will not get stealth.

What they will get, if they are a subscriber, is the option to change their advanced class without logging out.

I log in as a commando, I then change my loadout to a scoundrel. I'm then playing fully as a scoundrel, not as a commando with scoundrel abilities.