Played WOW after playing SWTOR this is what i found

DarthDolemite

Huh really now. And Wow doesn't have mountains that block your way...or oceans that kill you for swimming out to far?

Ohhh thats right...it does.

In WoW when you reach deep sea, a Fatigue countdown kicks in and you die when it runs out.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumped on my mount started running through the fields of near Sentinel Hill to help my son do a quest.

Then I stopped for a second and looked around me as my mount stood in a meadow and it hit me.

This is what SWTOR is missing, I looked all around me and saw a open world, the sun was setting before night and it felt open, open I say and I didnt feel restricted at all.

As I was thinking this a group of 15 or so players ran by me heading out to kill a group of horde that were killing npc's in Moonglade.

Thats what we call MMORPG and that is what SWTOR is not.

Everything is relative.

That wonderful open landscape you mentioned (yes, I played that game too for 7 years) is a laughable joke of a landscape once you try Lotro, and compare it's actual 3D geography with altitudes and gorgeous scenario to the cartoon that is WoW.

Each game has its strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brene

WoW has absolutely ZERO mountains that block your way actually. Please play the game before commenting. As far as exhaustion in WoW from swimming out too far or flying to the EDGE OF THE MAP. In real life terms someone said it was equal to flying something like 1.5 miles. On Tatooine you die from walking 1.5 feet too far.

Did you even play WOW or are you talking about when CATA was released and you can now fly everywhere.

Almost every single zone only had a few paths to get to the next one until CATA.

And yet you feel the need to continue to post on the forums. How about making a clean break from the game.

After you breakup with someone, do you continue to send them emails/texts to tell them everything that you dislike about them?

^This. 100%

Well said, Jaxon. Do you, like me, also keep wondering how these people still have access to post on these forums? LOL

I appreciate being able to read constructive critiques of the game and what could be fixed or added...But these types of blatant WoW troll posts serve absolutely no purpose.

It's been stated and known for a LONG LONG time that this game was not going to be SWG-2 and that it was a "Theme Park" MMO.

And to the OP...If you wanted to talk about open worlds/sandbox MMO's, you honestly lost some credibility when you used WoW as your example.

SWG, EVE, EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, etc...Those would have been better examples :p

Enjoy your pandas, pokemon, tired graphics, garbage hole community, 1337kids, welfare epics, and outdated IP.

You don't like TOR...Cool. We get it. Pack up and move on. No one here cares about your uneducated, unrefined, poorly stated, wowtroll opinion.

Maybe you and your son can even get some pretty pink unicorn my little pony mounts to ride through the rainbow sky with each other.

Bye.

Edited by DarthNethus

World of Warcraft ruined the "open world" feeling for me when they added flying mounts in Azeroth.

Flying from one end of Kalimdor to the other took roughly 30-40 minutes.

Going across entire zones in Alderaan takes a little less time, but that's only one planet, not an entire continent.

I'm totally excited for space battles. I know they're coming down the line. The flight missions we get already are pretty fun too.

Space will pretty much be a new game entirely so I'm sure it'll take a while but be worth the wait.

Imagine them creating open space and then you coming across bunch of imperial spaceships and it's a pvp server lol..... Will be amazing.

WoW has absolutely ZERO mountains that block your way actually. Please play the game before commenting. As far as exhaustion in WoW from swimming out too far or flying to the EDGE OF THE MAP. In real life terms someone said it was equal to flying something like 1.5 miles. On Tatooine you die from walking 1.5 feet too far.

WoW certainly did have mountains that blocked your way until blizz negated them by adding flying mounts. WoW is as linear as you jumping from one stupid point to another.

Also, swimming out to 1.5 miles is inconsequential.

Played that game before playing SWTOR. Quit after a week. Still playing SWTOR.

Gotta love the Warcraft fans trying to convince themselves SWTOR failed.

What I don't get is that they are trying so hard to sway us from what we like.

I am not over at WOW forums begging to tear them away from their beloved game.

I am happy it works for them.

But to come here and 'P' in our pool and expect us to just get up and head over to WOW is quite preposterous.

We have made our decision, you have made yours.

We are here enjoying ours, you are here...why are the WOW fans here?

I mean, if WOW is so great why are they here working hard to get us to come back to WOW?

I hear them say in a sentence they have nothing to fear from SW:TOR. But then they are here working like it's a full time job to sway us from SW:TOR.

I expect them to get up on a soapbox next with a WOW guide in hand and shout to us the error of our ways..

Edited by Fraxture

Everquest

Everquest 2

WAR

WoW

GW

All had one world.

Well, teeeeeeechnically WoW is instanced about 7-10 different 'continents', however they're quite a bit larger then SWTOR's planets. Guild Wars is super instanced though, even more then SWTOR.

Edited by Zironic

What I don't get is that they are trying so hard to sway us from what we like.

I am not over at WOW forums begging to tear them away from their beloved game.

I am happy it works for them.

But to come here and 'P' in our pool and expect us to just get up and head over to WOW is quite preposterous.

We have made our decision, you have made yours.

We are here enjoying ours, you are here...why are the WOW fans here?

I mean, if WOW is so great why are they here working hard to get us to come back to WOW?

I hear them say in a sentence they have nothing to fear from SW:TOR. But then they are here working like it's a full time job to sway us from SW:TOR.

I expect them to get up on a soapbox next with a WOW guide in hand and shout to us the error of our ways..

I don't see anyone trying to get you to go to wow, I just see people telling you how wow is superior in every single way except the leveling process.

But you go ahead and put words in their mouths. Fallacies are great arguments.

Well, teeeeeeechnically WoW is instanced about 7-10 different 'continents', however they're quite a bit larger then SWTOR's planets. Guild Wars is super instanced though, even more then SWTOR.

Each continent was about 25 times the size of any full planet. And there are 4 "continents" as it were.

And yet you feel the need to continue to post on the forums. How about making a clean break from the game.

After you breakup with someone, do you continue to send them emails/texts to tell them everything that you dislike about them?

Can we make this the official default response to the WoW whiners?

I could say the same for virtually any WoW zone. One way I'm restricted by a mountain (until you get a flying mount), and the other by a fatigue zone.

Yes but you have an entire ZONE to explore. In TOR you have a planet that is split up into 5 or 6 sub-zones, each of which is relatively tiny and claustrophobic.

I could say the same for virtually any WoW zone. One way I'm restricted by a mountain (until you get a flying mount), and the other by a fatigue zone.

you can climb over most of the mountains if you really really want to. People used to find weird hidden content that way back in vanilla (when they didn't fall through the world).

Actually I quit at level 22 and unsubbed in Tatooine, thats were my toon will stay.

After the exhaustion zone I logged and unsubbed.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Seriously... there's a host of whiners complaining that this game isn't enough like WoW. Then there's the whole gaggle of idiots complaining it is TOO MUCH like WoW. Can't we just create a forum for the whiners to battle the idiots, which the rest of us can ignore?

I don't see anyone trying to get you to go to wow, I just see people telling you how wow is superior in every single way except the leveling process.

But you go ahead and put words in their mouths. Fallacies are great arguments.

No words needed.

Their actions speak for themselves.

What is the drive behind this desire to have a mass exodus with SW:TOR?

If you cared about the game, you would work from the inside to make it better.

If you didn't, you would work from the inside to tear it apart. Which is what I am seeing.

Spitting on a fallen soldier while he is down is not a way to make his situation better.

I don't see complaints stating that the game sucks, change it or else as constructive criticism.

It's a child's rant.

The proof is in the pudding, as the saying goes.

Some of you guys don't get it. It's not about the size, it's the structure. Every Planet I've been to in SWTOR has been like one giant luge.

SWTOR is a better game than WoW, but the planets feel sooooo restrictive. I don't even try to cut across anything anymore, because I know it's a waste of time. You CANT go too far off the path, or you will be blocked by something. There is only one way to get anywhere. Sucks man.

Edited by Khechari

Who's to say it wasn't?

Are you really going to let the vocal minority of the forums give you the verdict on that?

I never said such a thing personally, but you go ahead and pretend I did.

It's impossible to judge how successful an MMO is by its launch numbers. Initial release, to me, means 6 months at least.