Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

its not just swtor that has a low percentage of raiding community, level sync ops is going away, i still dont understand why a "casual player" would care about gear , from what i have seen here ppl just want to be able to solo MM fps , being able to do that isnt good

Because as a player with a disability better gear makes the game more physically comfortable to play.

Having seen this on the PTS with the clarification that it's 3500 Tech Fragments per piece of each of these sets, this is absolute insanity. This would actually be a great credit sink if the Tech Fragment cost were more reasonable, but 3500 per piece when Tech Fragment acquisition is being slashed as it is (due to Renown rank ups going away) is crazy. I have no issue with 500,000 credits per piece, we need more credit sinks, but it should be like 500 TF per piece, to add up to 3500 per set. Not 3500 per piece.

If TF are used for Legendaries and other more relevant things, the credit sink aspect of these shells goes away since a lot less people will be willing to blow all of their TF on these shells instead of using them on those other things.

I hope it isn't just one piece and actual full set.

For me, personally, regarding being able to earn the best / BIS gear as a solo player...it's about the HAVING it...not the NEEDING it.

Like some rich person in Alaska flying in some ultra expensive sports car.

Can't really use it all that much on the rough roads...but it sure looks great in the garage.

Yep, and now the answer to "how do i improve my gear" will be "join a raid team and after months of progging you might down a NiM boss and might get an upgrade"

Here is the issue. That sounds good but does it work? The short answer is no. Content above story level has always been only for the minority. What's holding them back? It's not their gear, it's not their ability, it's a lack of desire. This system by and large doesn't work for Swtor. The reason for that is Ops are not what draws players. Solo content is.

Solo content may be what draws players to the game, but group content is what keeps players around. I've been in this game since the beginning and have been in multitude of guild, including being an officer of a maxxed out guild for about 8 years. What I noticed is that the 'solo' players typically stick around for about ~3-4 weeks before they stop logging into the game. Sure, sometimes they come back when a new patch drops, but then they disappear again in about 1-2 weeks. The players that are running group content, more specifically OPs, tend to be around for 6+ months. The more they are into OPs, the longer they stick around.

While the people that do OPs and PvP 'may' be the minority in the game, it's the core group of people that have been around since the beginning. No one I know has been in this game for 3-4 years and doesn't do OPs at all. Also, you would be surprised at how many people actually run SM OPs. Most of the guilds on my server that has an active community has multiple open raid events scheduled every week. Many of these guilds even have training OPs that encourage and teach new players on mechanics, and guide them through running OPs.

Just my observation over the last 10 years.

or just do conquest since conquest path will also have 334 at least

Conquest gear will not be able to reach the highest attainable item rating, that's reserved to legacy NiM's and new 7.* HM's.

Also there are reports of the conquest set having unoptimized stat allocation.

Conquest gear will not be able to reach the highest attainable item rating, that's reserved to legacy NiM's and new 7.* HM's.

Also there are reports of the conquest set having unoptimized stat allocation.

"What is the max gear level?

In the 7.0 release, players can upgrade up to level 330 via Legacy Master Mode Operations. The max obtainable gear level for all modes will rise over time throughout the expansion."

max gear on 7.0 launch will be 330, 330 wont be modded gear

"Is the only way we can get moddable gear is if we can clear VM 80 OP? Is there no more min/maxing for players who can't clear the hardest content in game?

No. Over time, as upgrade ceilings raise with new game updates, moddable gear will be accessible to all players. At 7.0’s launch there will be no moddable gear awarded above level 306

"

this means modded gear will be 334 and 336 or just 336, meaning every path will have at least 334 gear

legacy nim and R4 VM also drop diff IR

Edited by ebinhovdloca

Solo content may be what draws players to the game, but group content is what keeps players around. I've been in this game since the beginning and have been in multitude of guild, including being an officer of a maxxed out guild for about 8 years. What I noticed is that the 'solo' players typically stick around for about ~3-4 weeks before they stop logging into the game. Sure, sometimes they come back when a new patch drops, but then they disappear again in about 1-2 weeks. The players that are running group content, more specifically OPs, tend to be around for 6+ months. The more they are into OPs, the longer they stick around.

While the people that do OPs and PvP 'may' be the minority in the game, it's the core group of people that have been around since the beginning. No one I know has been in this game for 3-4 years and doesn't do OPs at all. Also, you would be surprised at how many people actually run SM OPs. Most of the guilds on my server that has an active community has multiple open raid events scheduled every week. Many of these guilds even have training OPs that encourage and teach new players on mechanics, and guide them through running OPs.

Just my observation over the last 10 years.

Been here since launch, casual player in a small casual guild. We do not do ops at all (too small, different time zones, etc.). We've been subbed continuously. My observation over the last 10 years.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

"What is the max gear level?

In the 7.0 release, players can upgrade up to level 330 via Legacy Master Mode Operations. The max obtainable gear level for all modes will rise over time throughout the expansion."

max gear on 7.0 launch will be 330, 330 wont be modded gear

"Is the only way we can get moddable gear is if we can clear VM 80 OP? Is there no more min/maxing for players who can't clear the hardest content in game?

No. Over time, as upgrade ceilings raise with new game updates, moddable gear will be accessible to all players. At 7.0’s launch there will be no moddable gear awarded above level 306

"

this means modded gear will be 334 and 336 or just 336, meaning every path will have at least 334 gear

The current plan seems to suggest that both 334 and 336 will be moddable but 336 will only be attainable by experienced progression raidrs, something which takes months to achieve.

Edited by Eli_Porter

The current plan seems to suggest that just like 328 and 330, both 334 and 336 will be moddable but 336 will only be attainable by experienced progression raidrs, something which takes months to achieve.

328 and 330 isnt modded

worst case scenario every1 will have access to 334 and only ppl running MM R4 will have access to 336, doubt they will gatekeep the last 2 IR

I'm a solo player, been playing subbed 5+ years straight, before the 7.0 stuff I played pretty much every day, the closest I get to group content is joining up with someone for Heroics sometimes. The only thing that's going to stop me logging in are all these changes coming with 7.0 because it's so deeply un-solo friendly no matter how they try to shill it. Edited by Farferello

heroics still give more rewards in a group( at least the bonus mission ) ppl subbing for 1 month and leaving still happened in 6.0, hell it happens in ff and wow the most successful MMORPG's there is nothing stopping ppl from just playing the new content and leaving the game, not even the 6.0 gearing system did that

The point was heroics can be done solo, just the fps. Nothing new here except the amount of fps doable solo has gone up. Honestly gear caps will not fix this either.

No 6.0 gear system is not a guarantee but it is step to actually addressing player retention. Swtor Ops are just not enough. They never have been.

Ultimately the point is this, the new gearing system does not make the game any better for the majority of players. It really isn't even going to improve life for raiders. Walking into a raid with BiS was an advantage in clearing it.

I hope it isn't just one piece and actual full set.

On the PTS, it's 3500 Tech Fragments per piece of the set. So a full set would cost you 24,500 Tech Fragments. If they change it to make it 3500 total (or 500 per piece), I think that'd be reasonable and this would be a good credit sink. But 3500 per piece for an empty cosmetic shell is just insanity.

I'm a solo player, been playing 5+ years straight, the closest I get to group content is joining up with someone for Heroics sometimes. The only thing that's going to stop me logging in are all these changes coming with 7.0 because it's so deeply un-solo friendly no matter how they try to shill it.

how so? solo players will still have access to 334 gear (worst case scenario) on most other MMORPG's you wont have access to top tier gear by playing solo content

so being overgeared and 1 shotting everything in your solo adventures will be fun?

i never said i needed more than 326 i am in fact disappointed that NiM ops wont require BiS gear, not everything in a video game is a matter of want, when expertise gear existed you NEEDED expertise gear to be able to compete in pvp,

when IR max was 224 u needed 224 for the hardest NiM fights or u would fail the dps checks

People got 224 gear running HM EV and KP.

Is this post a joke?

You thought that era of Ops, 4.x, was something special?

They didn't release any new Ops content, rotated a highlighted one weekly that gave out 224 NiM gear like candy, and everyone that cared to cleared NiM Ops easily, because everyone was over-geared.

Your post undermines any credibility you might have claimed as an Ops-focused player.

Edited by arunav

328 and 330 isnt modded

worst case scenario every1 will have access to 334 and only ppl running MM R4 will have access to 336, doubt they will gatekeep the last 2 IR

I know it's not modded, i meant that everyone will be at least 2 item ratings behind raiders just like with 328 and 330.

or just do conquest since conquest path will also have 334 at least

It has already been stated by one of the devs that was on discord that the gear for the conquest path is not as good as the 306 so how does that make a person doing conquest feel when that gear is not as good as the one they already have.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9979213#post9979213

Edited by casirabit

People got 224 gear running HM EV and KP.

Is this post a joke?

You thought that era of Ops, 4.x, was something special?

They didn't release any new Ops content, rotated a highlighted one weekly that gave out 224 NiM gear like candy, and everyone that cared to cleared NiM Ops easily, because everyone was over-geared.

gear wise it was something very special, and yes ppl could get 224 by running prio ops in a specific week yet neither of what you said was the point of the post, if you just read the post

It has already been stated by one of the devs that was on discord that the gear for the conquest path is not as good as the 306 so how does that make a person doing conquest feel when that gear is not as good as the one they already have.

thats the 326 gear not 334 or modded gear

2 IR is the worst case scenario and why is being 2 IR behind a bad thing?its still very friendly to solo players

Yes it's a bad thing to tell a player who wants to improve his gear that he has to go from playing the game how he wants to hardcore raiding with 7 other people for months just to get a chance at an upgrade.

Been here since launch, casual player in a small casual guild. We do not do ops at all (too small, different time zones, etc.). We've been subbed continuously. My observation over the last 10 years.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

I didn't say it was data. While you mention that you are in a small guild, my original post stated that I am in multiple maxxed out guilds. Some of these guilds will kick characters that haven't been active more than 14 days just to make room for other players. I don't know what the size of your guild is or how many players you are basing your observation on. But my observation was simply on couple thousand players over the last 10 years. Not saying that my view is correct, but it just has been my experience. Not only in this game, but across other MMORPGs as well.

Yes it's a bad thing to tell a player who wants to improve his gear that he has to go from playing the game how he wants to hardcore raiding with 7 other people for months just to get a chance at an upgrade.

how so ? not only is the 2 IR below a theory it would still be better than most MMORPG's

hardcore raiding doesnt exist on swtor

6.0 gearing system was one of the worst things to happen in this game, u just needed to run RR/HS for a couple hours to get BiS gear why do u think bioware is reverting that decision?

if ppl can reach the gear cap by running the same thing over and over again, not only is that boring but that means gear progression is non existant

meritocracy is a good thing altho i very much doubt they will lock the last 2 IR to MM R4 exclusively

Edited by ebinhovdloca

thats the 326 gear not 334 or modded gear

The gear paths are separate. Getting up to irating 334 in the Conquest path doesn't turn it into the Ops gear, we know this already. This was confirmed by the devs on Discord, the Conquest gear being worse is the intent.

If you're okay with this and think that's how it should be, that's fine, that's your opinion, but stop trying to gaslight solo players into thinking it's going to be better than it is. By the developers' own words, you're wrong.