The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

the MOST annoying companion ever

Zipacnaa

I agree with you OP, he is annoying. I actually think all the companions are annoying though because they repeat the same stupid comment over and over. It gets too much for me to constantly hear Raina Temple telling me I've took a fall every time she heals me. No I didn't take a fall, I got shot or stabbed!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skadge.

None of the others even come close. In fact, I'd even say all the other original class companions have redeeming aspects in how they were written.

Sometimes I feel that I might be the only one who finds Skadge hilarious and well written for what he is supposed to be - an unlikeable thug. He can go very well with a DS BH imo.

But I agree about Altuur as being annoying to run around with. I have never been a fan of some of the alien noises (like Talz, Ugnaughts and, well, Kubaz), they make me cringe. With other companions who spam the same lines over and over it at least helps to switch them to tank/dps mode to get it less frequent (especially not every time you dismount), but Altuur sounds the same in all those modes.

Sometimes I feel that I might be the only one who finds Skadge hilarious and well written for what he is supposed to be - an unlikeable thug. He can go very well with a DS BH imo.

But I agree about Altuur as being annoying to run around with. I have never been a fan of some of the alien noises (like Talz, Ugnaughts and, well, Kubaz), they make me cringe. With other companions who spam the same lines over and over it at least helps to switch them to tank/dps mode to get it less frequent (especially not every time you dismount), but Altuur sounds the same in all those modes.

While he's my least favorite, I'm sure for those who want to accept him onto the crew, he's likely not as bad.

Of course, lots of companions are forced on the crew, but some of them usually have a bit more personality.

Since Altuur makes his noise (farting into a flute) pretty much continuously I am able to tune him out. It's when I'm minding my own business and Torian suddenly shouts K'ATINI or Corso shouts YEE-HAW that I jump out of my skin. It's also the randomness and inappropriate timing of comments like *rise and shine* or *someone clean up this mess* that also bug me.

While I'm not a fan of Skadge in the story, I quite enjoy running around with him. I think he's funny, and I like to dress him as a gladiator to counterbalance all of the slave girl companions on fleet.

To me the worst is Koth not because of his voice but due to his ignorance when it comes to the events that are unfolding around him and his undying loyalty to the Emperor. No matter how many times I send him away with my choices he always comes back with his tail between his legs. They need to put him as a choice to let die instead of Vette or Torian because unlike them he is fully expendable because he really brings little to the game or story except being a whinny little snitch.

To me the worst is Koth not because of his voice but due to his ignorance when it comes to the events that are unfolding around him and his undying loyalty to the Emperor. No matter how many times I send him away with my choices he always comes back with his tail between his legs. They need to put him as a choice to let die instead of Vette or Torian because unlike them he is fully expendable because he really brings little to the game or story except being a whinny little snitch.

Oh yes, Koth deserves a (dis)honorable mention for

the bomb thing, what sort of brain dead person rigs a ship, risking to kill his own people? I punched him in the face and i'm not sorry.

Oh yes, Koth deserves a (dis)honorable mention

The thing that annoys me with Koth as well is that he always (apparently) knows the circumstances of the decisions you make WITHOUT him actually being there. So he's privy to information he really wouldn't have like why you made a decision or even that it was your decision to begin with.

Kaliyo without question.

I want to kill her off so bad in story but for some reason kotfe chapters are broken and I cant get the dialogue option in profit and plunder final cutscene, my option is always send them to maintenance detail instead.

My female agent can't stand against that c**** she is so annoying and I'd love to send her to her death by putting a bullet to her head and say "yes exactly" that would be awesome.

She deserves to die, she is an self-served moron and she always think for herself instead of thinking her teammates. She is also very dangerious,

even I do undercover job in chapter 1 agents story , she gets jealous and tries to steal my guy so I said piss off so yes I love to kill this moron

BioWare, kaliyo deserves to die!!! My agent can't take her anymore! Give me to kill this moron!!!

BioWare, kaliyo deserves to die!!! My agent can't take her anymore! Give me to kill this moron!!!

If you haven't heard...

...your wish is granted in KotFE at the end Chapter 13: Profit and Plunder, so long as you pick the correct choices beforehand that allow you to kill her. In the previous chapter (Visions in the Dark) you must choose Aric to do the mission over Kaliyo. When you return from doing Valkorian's/Satele's/Darth Marr's bidding in the wilderness, you must tell Kaliyo to follow your orders. In chapter 13 after Aric and Kaliyo return, when Theron says something about her disobeying orders you must choose "my sanction will be swift" you can then choose to let Kaliyo carry on, exile her or kill her.

• Ashara
  • Major Anri - I might be able to tolerate her if they didn't give her such an awful accent. I'm British and it hurts my ears to have to listen too it. It's sooooo wrong.
  • Lana - because she's forced on us in every single story even when it makes no sense for her to be there or be involved. Go away please. If she wasn't in our faces every five seconds she's be so much better.

Yeah i'm really not a fan of Anri, not because of the accent as i play in french, but mostly because of her "i'm Vette 2.0" personality.

But i'd say that right now my most disliked companions are most probably the other two in the quoted part.

Lana due to her creepy, Stepford wife behavior and the sheer amount she's forced on us. If we had a "Virmire" situation (like they forced on us with Vette and Torian, two characters I ACTUALLY like) where we had to choose to save either Lana or literally any other character or NPC in the game I would choose not Lana.

Really waiting for that option to send her very, very far away from all my toons now.

She's so irritating being constantly glued to all my toons and behaving like she's their LI when she's not for any of them, and never has been as none of them ever picked a single [flirt] option with her.

Would be nice if that option made sense too (so not "hey you have to kill imp civilians for that" because she's been consistently shown to not give a poodoo about civilians)

I honestly don't care how it's done, either :

• she realises that she doesn't want to fight against the Empire anymore and decides she wants to leave (Aygo style),
  • she's heartbroken when she finally realises that my toons will never love her and decides to leave,
  • she wants some rest and decides to go on an endless vacation somewhere very far,
  • or she was Jadus' former apprentice and hass been working for him all along and has never actually been loyal to my toons, with an option for those who want to keep her to be able in some way or another to convince her to stay, at which point she's really become loyal to PCs who want to keep her around and turn against her former master. (that would have the added benefit to give her some backstory, which she seriously lacks)

Or literally anything that would give her some semblance of personality back while not forcing me to go OOC on my own toons. Because she's also super boring always being okay with whatever the PC does, even when / if she should not, and adds 0 replayability value to the story as she's always the same no matter how the PC behaves or what kind of relationship they actually have. Like if the PC is pretty clear they don't like her, she has no reason to behave like she's in love. What makes it even worse is when the chosen dialogues from the PC make it very clear the PC doesn't like / trust / always dismisses her, but the auto dialogue makes them act like she's the most precious thing in their life, which makes the PC look schizophrenic.

Edited by Goreshaga

While he's my least favorite, I'm sure for those who want to accept him onto the crew, he's likely not as bad.

Of course, lots of companions are forced on the crew, but some of them usually have a bit more personality

Considering how many hate on him I think he has a lot of personality - just not the kind that people find appealing. ;)

While I'm not a fan of Skadge in the story, I quite enjoy running around with him. I think he's funny, and I like to dress him as a gladiator to counterbalance all of the slave girl companions on fleet.

Ha ha, I would love to see that. Can't you add him to your Space Barbie link? :D

Oh yes, Koth deserves a (dis)honorable mention for

the bomb thing, what sort of brain dead person rigs a ship, risking to kill his own people? I punched him in the face and i'm not sorry.

I always found it disappointing how we couldn't exile Koth for his quantum bomb stunt. Especially when you consider we could exile kaliyo/Jorgan for disobeying orders, but the guy who installs bombs on your ship, without authorization, essentially just gets a slap on the wrist. How did this get past Theron or Lana? I know its a running joke that Lana sucks at her job, but Theron? The Alliance's entire security apparatus failed to protect it's most valuable asset, an asset that you think would be under the most security and surveillance. This is a serious internal security gap, yet the whole ordeal is treated as just another zany Koth thing and is easily forgiven.

What military leader would keep a guy like this in their organization? He's just another pilot, not really essential to the Alliance at all. Hylo has the better résumé and seems to have no issues with the additional duties if Koth is not around. Even Tora is shown to be able do his job and that is not even her area of expertise.

Just wish we had the option to tell him to take his goofy *** back to Zakuul where he belong. Sucks that my toons have to let kaliyo blow up the spire just to get rid of the guy.

Edited by LazySithWarrior

I always found it disappointing how we couldn't exile Koth for his quantum bomb stunt. Especially when you consider we could exile kaliyo/Jorgan for disobeying orders, but the guy who installs bombs on your ship, without authorization, essentially just gets a slap on the wrist. How did this get past Theron or Lana? I know its a running joke that Lana sucks at her job, but Theron? The Alliance's entire security apparatus failed to protect it's most valuable asset, an asset that you think would be under the most security and surveillance. This is a serious internal security gap, yet the whole ordeal is treated as just another zany Koth thing and is easily forgiven.

What military leader would keep a guy like this in their organization? He's just another pilot, not really essential to the Alliance at all. Hylo has the better résumé and seems to have no issues with the additional duties if Koth is not around. Even Tora is shown to be able to to his job and that is not even her area of expertise.

Just wish we had the option to tell him to take his goofy *** back to Zakuul where he belong. Sucks that my toons have to let kaliyo blow up the spire just to get rid of the guy.

Don't forget the theft of your ship The Gravestone. Your character and HK-55 find it and he automatically claims it as his despite previously destroying two ships. It should have gave us the option to kill him on the spot.

Don't forget the theft of your ship The Gravestone. Your character and HK-55 find it and he automatically claims it as his despite previously destroying two ships. It should have gave us the option to kill him on the spot.

He only steals the Gravestone if you tick him off to leave. You have to at least let Kaliyo bomb the skyscraper to collapse it. When you first wake up from carbonite on Zakuul letting the power plant blow up also ticks him off, so if you do both he definitely leaves. He'll still be there when Scorpio and Vaylin steal the ship from him, and you have to disarm the bomb. Afterwards you're given the option to kill him and can do so. Lana does not disapprove. Theron seems disappointed Koth doesn't return to the bridge with you, but he doesn't chew you out. If you don't kill Koth you keep the Gravestone when you return from Iokath, but he will leave the Alliance again.

Lana does not disapprove. Theron seems disappointed Koth doesn't return to the bridge with you, but he doesn't chew you out. If you don't kill Koth you keep the Gravestone when you return from Iokath, but he will leave the Alliance again.

They should have made it so there's a random chance that Lana, Theron, and/or Koth hook up if the PC doesn't hook up with one of them. I mean, the writers added a lot of sexual tension to Koth and Lana and Lana and Theron's storylines without doing anything with it, it's just wasted innuendo.

They should have made it so there's a random chance that Lana, Theron, and/or Koth hook up if the PC doesn't hook up with one of them. I mean, the writers added a lot of sexual tension to Koth and Lana and Lana and Theron's storylines without doing anything with it, it's just wasted innuendo.

I don't see that. Lana only has eyes for you even when you're with someone else. She fawns over everything you do unless you don't do what she suggests at the time she offers it. Theron is an admitted loner, and it takes your character to get him out of his shell and clothes. Once you have him he's madly in love in with you. Koth cares only about the people of Zakuul. He'll show interest if you flirt, but he abandons you if you don't protect the people of Zakuul from the wrath of Vaylin and Firebrand.

It seems that Lana and Koth already had a fling before. Koth even tells you that "We were over before you showed up", depending on story- and conversation choices. So, they might have done it, but it didn't work out. Not really seeing any sexual tension between Lana and Theron though, they strike me more as friends.

Edited by Eranis
rephrasing

It seems that Lana and Koth already had a fling before. Koth even tells you that "We were over before you showed up", depending on story- and conversation choices. So, they might have done it, but it didn't work out. Not really seeing any sexual tension between Lana and Theron though, they strike me more as friends.

Yes Theron is broken. No love really from his mother who is highly questionable in the first place. Satele Shan a Jedi Master of all people! For her to be his mother she had to have violated the beloved Jedi Code. So how did she achieve the rank of Master instead of being tossed out of the Jedi Order? Bioware screwed up on the storyline of the game right there. It shows the writers that wrote those parts lacked knowledge of Star Wars lore even in their own game.

Edited by starbuckone

As already said Koth and Lana had a thing together at some point, but that was over before they rescued the PC.

There was never anything suggesting Lana and Theron were attracted to each other. In the short story with Theron and Jonas, Theron pretty much says he doesn't get busy with his contacts (which Lana is, and which isn't true if he falls for the PC), and after what she did to him on Rishi, even if at some point he had a thing, he'd definitely never trust her enough to fall for her after that point.

As for Lana, she clearly has a thing for the PC, just look at how she behaves towards a non romanced PC... Even when the PC romances someone else and she knows it. It's even worse when the PC romances either Koth or Theron as she often interrupts romances scenes with any of them, and if you romance Koth, you often have the camera focusing on her face staring angrilly at the PC and Koth, which is an absolute mood killer. Not to mention she openly threatens to kill Theron, even to a PC who romances him.

Edited by Goreshaga

Skadge. He Debo's his way on my ship. Talks sugar honey ice tea the entire time, and always got something condescending to say. I honestly couldn't wait to find him on his alliance alert, and

Shoot him in the face with a rocket and end his existence.

There's at least one companion who outright literally betrays you for the benefit of your nemesis during the class story. There's a companion who has massacred entire planets worth of people. Most have ended lives for multiple reasons before joining you. But Skadge..Skadge says rude things to you? Boohoo.

Ultimately, every companion following you ends up killing, or aiding in killing, dozens or hundreds of people. Skadge is one of the few who recognizes what an ugly thing it is that they do in this ugly galaxy. All those light hearted wise cracking flirtly bantery psychos who follow your orders to kill with a smile on their lips are far more broken than Skadge!

Most annoying ones are those who are too loud or too..prolific with their mid combat one-liners.LOOKING AT YOU, SHAE VIZLA who can't kill a single mob without going full capslock. Ones who are more low key are by default among the better ones. The ol trunk face insect hater def belongs to the latter grp.

Good companions are ones who seem to..live in the reality you expose them. Is why Sith companions tend to feel more immersive to have by your side than some of the tender butterfly of the summer types of Rep side. Jaesa for example absolutely belongs to the reality you expose each companion when actually playing the game. Somebody like Mako or Theron don't.

Edited by Stradlin

Killing that smug idiot is by far the most satisfying moment in my gaming experience. I haven't hated a character this much since Brooke Augustine from Infamous: Second Son. He was feeling himself waaaayy too much when he stole the gravestone and pretty much got worse from there. "Good guy" Koth doesn't want to help take down Arcann during the battle of Voss (the guy he was fighting for 5 years...), telling the PC to "fight their own battles", yet comes crawling back later begging the Alliance to help rescue his crew from Vaylin. This moron actually thinks you can just 'move on' from his betrayal like it was just some bump on the road. Didn't think he could get more annoying, but after seeing youtube clips where players forgave and let him live, I knew I made the right decision by killing him.

He did all that showboating and gloating prior only to die alone on the deck of the gravestone. A fitting end for such a character.

Still, I would have preferred to hunt down Koth and his crew rather than coming across them due to plot convenience. I like to think my chiss IA would have went about getting her revenge on them in the same manner that Matt Graver did for Alejandro in Sicario: Day Of The Soldado

Swift and brutal. She definitely would have shot Koth in the face instead just the chest lol Since his crew did escape there's still hope that she can finish the job.

Killing that smug idiot is by far the most satisfying moment in my gaming experience. I haven't hated a character this much since Brooke Augustine from Infamous: Second Son. He was feeling himself waaaayy too much when he stole the gravestone and pretty much got worse from there. "Good guy" Koth doesn't want to help take down Arcann during the battle of Voss (the guy he was fighting for 5 years...), telling the PC to "fight their own battles", yet comes crawling back later begging the Alliance to help rescue his crew from Vaylin. This moron actually thinks you can just 'move on' from his betrayal like it was just some bump on the road. Didn't think he could get more annoying, but after seeing youtube clips where players forgave and let him live, I knew I made the right decision by killing him.

He did all that showboating and gloating prior only to die alone on the deck of the gravestone. A fitting end for such a character.

Still, I would have preferred to hunt down Koth and his crew rather than coming across them due to plot convenience. I like to think my chiss IA would have went about getting her revenge on them in the same manner that Matt Graver did for Alejandro in Sicario: Day Of The Soldado

Swift and brutal. She definitely would have shot Koth in the face instead just the chest lol Since his crew did escape there's still hope that she can finish the job.

Does he take off on everyone? On my play throughs, I often wonder where he left too, but I don't recall seeing anything that says he left.