Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Get ready for bugs. 10 Year special!

OrmEmber

They are messing with so many systems that they don't fully understand. Be ready for the most bugs you have ever seen from an update. And I'm being realistic. This will be historic.

I know some people will get sassy with me, but you wait till December and everything is broken for a month, and then it takes another 6+ months to fix all the classes they broke. What this game needs is a solid expac but what we will get it broken classes for half a year and a story that can be finished in an afternoon.

I'm calling it.

Its that way with most expansions in other MMOs as well. they break so much that they have to have a few bug patches to fix everything they break. People act like it is just swtor that breaks games but seeing many expansions across many MMOs this always happens when expansions are released.

Its that way with most expansions in other MMOs as well. they break so much that they have to have a few bug patches to fix everything they break. People act like it is just swtor that breaks games but seeing many expansions across many MMOs this always happens when expansions are released.

This.

At least they haven't launched something like GW2's Living World Season 4 Episode 3 (Long Live The Lich), where there was a server crash triggered by something in PvP, which meant that people playing the new episode (or, indeed, anything else) got "randomly" disconnected as the server instance fell over.

They are messing with so many systems that they don't fully understand. Be ready for the most bugs you have ever seen from an update. And I'm being realistic. This will be historic.

I know some people will get sassy with me, but you wait till December and everything is broken for a month, and then it takes another 6+ months to fix all the classes they broke. What this game needs is a solid expac but what we will get it broken classes for half a year and a story that can be finished in an afternoon.

I'm calling it.

Hello and welcome to pretty much every online game ever made... :rolleyes:

This is true, though there was a time where BW couldn't bring out a patch without having to do an emergency patch. I think that's why SWTOR has a bad rep in this respect.

You May Very Well Be Right! Or At Least Close!

At Least Other MMO's Are Quicker With Their Repairs

And Better at It Than BW .... Shoot Howdy, Their Be Stuff Here That Aint Fixed Yet!

AnyWays, I Kinda Wonder What Will Go Wrong Now!

I Can Hardly Wait!

I'm calling it.

But you're still going to be subbed right? :rak_03:

I was thinking about it the other day, they always break multiple things every patch and not always they go back and fix it. Damn there are bugs that are still around from launch, such as the unload animation for BH's. If it's bad I will just do what I always do, quit and come back when the game is playable.

There are plethora of bugs, things that glitch out and outright broken stuff that have existed since launch and never been fixed. Add to that the plethora of other issues added with their "new content" since launch that they never fix, it's assured they will indeed implement even more issues with the "new" expansion and things that have always worked will be outright broken. It will be the 10 year special indeed to ensure job security for no skill inept developers. Edited by Lord_Malganus

Look at me, everybody!!! I haven't experienced the upcoming changes on the PTS or anything, but I'm going to start a doom and gloom thread now to inform you ahead of time that I am right and love attention. Can some tech savvy forum member please hook me up with a countdown timer for my monumental "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" thread?

Also, would a forum moderator be so kind as to make it sticky ASAP!

There are plethora of bugs, things that glitch out and outright broken stuff that have existed since launch and never been fixed. Add to that the plethora of other issues added with their "new content" since launch that they never fix, it's assured they will indeed implement even more issues with the "new" expansion and things that have always worked will be outright broken. It will be the 10 year special indeed to ensure job security for no skill inept developers.

And yet you are still here playing SWTOR and paying for a subscription no less. I mean, the devs can not be that inept since you are still here playing their game...

As for predictions about bugs with 7.0 goes I'm sure they will be there. In my mind it is more a question of how severe the bugs will be and how quickly the bugs that cause the most problems with playability get addressed. If it is a bug like player can't hide helmet then that isn't, in my opinion, game breaking.

It's going to have to fail pretty damn hard to be historic. The threshold is rather high: https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/about-the-boot.ini-issue

Wow that is a whole new level of bad! Imagine having to write that explanation knowing there isnt't really an excuse for it.

Anyway, personally I hit few gamebreaking bugs in SWTOR so I am not that worried.

Also I had hoped this thread was about geonosians or collicoids or some such.

• 7 months later...
This.

At least they haven't launched something like GW2's Living World Season 4 Episode 3 (Long Live The Lich), where there was a server crash triggered by something in PvP, which meant that people playing the new episode (or, indeed, anything else) got "randomly" disconnected as the server instance fell over.

I don't think we are interested in competing for which game is NOT the worst MMO in history where being 2nd most worst is like a victory and a crowning glory. Don't go down the route of "at least" into the pit of mediocre.

Edited by Einobi

Hello and welcome to pretty much every online game ever made... :rolleyes:

You have not played enough MMOs to know that this is not the case. I am not saying which MMO is doing a superb job least you abandon this game and go play the other game. But it exists because I am playing both now. Don't get me wrong, I luv SWTOR and I will keep playing but factually I am sharing with you that the quality difference and how the game dev respond to bugs (in terms of time-to-fix and urgency) is heaven-and-hell difference.

And yet you are still here playing SWTOR and paying for a subscription no less. I mean, the devs can not be that inept since you are still here playing their game...

As for predictions about bugs with 7.0 goes I'm sure they will be there. In my mind it is more a question of how severe the bugs will be and how quickly the bugs that cause the most problems with playability get addressed. If it is a bug like player can't hide helmet then that isn't, in my opinion, game breaking.

Don't think too much. It is the Star Wars genre that is keeping the players in sub. There is now virtually no competition in Star Wars MMO market. Player have no choice if they want to play Star Wars genre MMO. It is not the case that they want to stick around with a sub-par buggy game. Don't be mistaken.

I kinda of disagree that some cosmetic thingy like can't hide helmet that is not game breaking is not important. Many of these cosmetic items are paid for with cartel coin. Player buy them with the expectation and the promise that it will be delivered to the right quality without bugs. This is a legal contract of sale. If you cannot honor the contract, at least refund the cartel coin and then re-sell your item AFTER you fixed them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.