Who Ever Thought of the Credit Sink in Galactic Seasons is a Genius!!!!!

CKNORTH

Example: it cost 32,000 credits to remove a Purple Mod, but if you sell that mod you only get 1,500 credits.

I used to remove mods before installing new ones. Same for crystals (or swapping the crystal from a weapon to a better new weapon). That, until I realize I don't need to remove them and can simply install a better one on top of the existing mod/crystal. And since I'm using CM crystals now, I don't need to remove them from older weapons, I just pop a new crystal from collection for my new weapons. I have to admit, the credit cost of removing mods was killing me back then when I was f2p only with a 200-250k limit.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy 258 gear from the gtn. Its a scam. You can go to a vendor on ossus and buy all the 258 gear for like 40,000 credits each.

Well, how did I not know this? I just visited the vendor; to get the 258 gear you will first need to buy the 252 gear from one vendor for 20000k per item then use these to buy the 258 gear on the other vendor for 27,500-35,000k each. You need to do it on the character you want the gear on as it's BoP and for the 258 gear you'll need to be at champion level rep (not sure if you need rep for the 252 gear though). There's a 258 set I wanted for the look for a costume for my assassin so this is brilliant.

Not sure it's naïve, but more that he hasn't been around for a while. As for the super wealthy, as I've said (here I think) they won't ever have to play catch up, as they play regularly, and will probably do the objectives. It's 6 billion to skip a whole season, which is a lot, even to the super rich. Not to mention, the honest ones got it by working hard to gather the credits, they won't throw them away on this, when there is no need.

This is not entirely true, I'm sure some people did make a fair whack, but most of the wealthy people here, did it the 'honest' , so you can't tar us with the same brush

At the moment, I'm sitting on 40 billion, none of it was from an exploit. I started off small, using my free cc's to buy stuff from the gtn, and resell it, the more I made, the more I was able to buy. Over time, I was able to spot what would make a great deal of credits. On top of this, I crafted a lot of stuff people wanted, including 306 when they first came out, and were in hot demand, and stopped before they tanked, so I gained a lot of credits, and lost none.

About a year ago, I gave away 10 billion to people in game, in guilds, etc, cleared out my bank, and used what I had in storage to start again. And if I was to do the same again, this time next year, I'd probaly have it all back. Because I buy low, sell high, hold on to till it becomes valuable. I still have about 500 cargo bays full of items, stuff in multiple stacks. I'm not the only one.

There has been some cheaters, and BW has been very slack to stop it, them, or even remove the credits from the game. But please, don't tar us all with them.

Not all PvPers are hackers, not all gsf are cheats, not all billions exploited, and not everyone on the forums are <redacted> . I respect your opinion, even when i don't always agree :)

I never said any of those. I can, and I will paint with a broad brush. I implied many of the super rich got it through benefiting from exploits they were never punished for. I know there are people that made their fortunes through less unsavory means, but the exploits enabled an unnatural amount to be able to.

You are correct. I just didn't go back and edit my post, laziness prevailed. Most of the players will at least do some of Seasons, so the super rich will never run out of money. I have heard a few anecdotes of people actually paying the 10,000 CC to avoid doing Seasons altogether though. I don't know if they paid for those CC or they were CC from the referral exploit.

Oh, you're such a saint!

That's like telling someone who's never been able to walk that all they have to do is stand up and put one foot in front of the other. It may be easy for you to recoup your fortune, because you've already done it once, so you know you can do it again. Tell that to someone that has never achieved that. There is a big difference.

So let me get this straight then, your entire beef is you only buy exclusively off the GTN but are morally outraged at the prices because you refuse to use the GTN as a tool for selling at other peoples “market” prices? If it bothers you that much regardless of how long it takes you to gather you should still gather if making a profit morally bothers you in the first place. After all you are feeding those people credits that you are against paying it really makes no sense to me that you seem entitled to tout your unrealistic sense of morals because you in fact use the GTN for your own purposes of cutting time. I mean if you have all the crafting gathers set on rotation there is absolutely 0 need to bother with the GTN.

Edit: basically what I’m summing up for you is if you intentions are to run heroics for buying things on the GTN you will be utterly disappointed, heroics are not meant to farm for items on the GTN if you want to buy high end stuff from the GTN sadly you need to actually use the GTN as it’s intended to be used as a “market” for “buying” AND “SELLING”

Just so you know…

As for not being around a while on the credit sinks if there are other ways to drop the drastic inflation then please offer up a suggestion to something that works.

You curb inflation with a progressive GTN tax. You have tax brackets based on how much an item sells for. They can implement as many as they need to. They could also tax guild ships with an upkeep cost.

Yeah I know but spending 15 minutes to an hour waiting and watching items gives you enough knowledge to know be patient and watch prices to just run up to the GTN see an inflated price and rage I mean I see prices on every item have a lowball price it isn’t hard to watch and just take your time if that is an item you need.. right?

It’s like running into Walmart seeing a watermelon for 99cents raging at the clerk the prices are outrageous and running out… most people today wait for a lower price. If it’s not in there budget.

But a watermelon at 99c might be good, but if that watermelon is in constant demand, it will be $99 , and that is the gtn prices on certain mats at the moment, some have gone really high, and don't change, believe me, I've searched.

This is a bad example. Watermelon and other produce and foodstuffs have a finite shelf life. Once they spoil, they are worthless. Sure, you can freeze the watermelon to make it last longer, but it won't be as good as it is fresh. Even frozen foods go bad, just in a different way.

Yes, some foods can be vacuum packed, but not everything is.

Other types of goods could feasibly be stored indefinitely, but in the real world we have downward pressure: It costs money to keep things in inventory. This is why there are sales, especially clearance sales. They're needed to "clear out" the inventory. Otherwise, there's no space for their new shipments coming in. A store has a finite amount of space to work with. They can only keep so much in storage from season to season, and some merchants do this but not to the degree that's possible in this game.

The only downward pressure players have is Inventory, Cargo Hold, and Item Stash space. That's a lot of space to work with, and many of these players will have a full load of character slots to work with, so they have an incredible amount of space. Their biggest headache is the logistics of tracking and managing it all.

I never said any of those. I can, and I will paint with a broad brush. .

YOU said "since many of them probably made their fortunes using the Referral Exploit or some old credit exploit, such as the Chair Exploit"

And no, you don't get to paint with a broad brush, it's only a small few who abused the system, are you going to blame all people of a race for something a small percentage did, are you going attack a whole community because a small few are causing issues.

So no, you don't get to paint with a wide brush. You're attacking a part of this community, who did things by the book, the way it should have been done, and because they did it better than you, you are trying to pull them all down. It's wrong, and a mod should remove it.

I have heard a few anecdotes of people actually paying the 10,000 CC to avoid doing Seasons altogether though. I don't know if they paid for those CC or they were CC from the referral exploit.

Yes, people have paid cc's, in fact a few have admitted here openly. The referral was never an exploit, so you are slandering these people

They got their cc's the way they did, if it was an exploit, they would have been removed. Keep saying it doesn't make it true.

Oh, you're such a saint!

That's like telling someone who's never been able to walk that all they have to do is stand up and put one foot in front of the other. It may be easy for you to recoup your fortune, because you've already done it once, so you know you can do it again. Tell that to someone that has never achieved that. There is a big difference.

Condescension and insults, ??? How low do you want to go.

I've never told anyone to just get up and walk, if you've bother reading the forums, you'd see that. In all my advice, not just on this, I've always told people to start slow.

So in your analogy, I be encouraging them to see if they could move their toes, or maybe feet first. Not a medical person, so I really don't know how I'd start teaching someone to walk, but I've taught people here to make credits, and every that has followed my advice has made plenty.

Your post is nothing but an attack on me because i've managed to make credits in this game, fairly,

I could respond with the same tactics you used, but I've no need of it.

Edited by DarkTergon

Here is what i think they need to bring back for a somewhat decent credit sink...

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994577

just an idea

people would probably then complain that you no longer have to do content to gear. Random loot boxes might be a good idea, maybe they could use the old sets that are no longer available instead (in game drops, etc, not CM items)

people would probably then complain that you no longer have to do content to gear. Random loot boxes might be a good idea, maybe they could use the old sets that are no longer available instead (in game drops, etc, not CM items)

Ah yeah the old sets would be interesting, lots of those sets though like Rakata and Taoniese hmm good thinking