Are there penalties for the massive AFK'ing due to Galactic Seasons?

karimthejedi

I'm sure some of you have noticed how much AFK'ing happens now due to GS, obviously in PVP and GSF mainly.

Sure some people vote-kick "sometimes" but not always. And even then, it's a repeating pattern.

Can something be done about it?

Eg. I just had someone on Ops chat admit it, called gsf a sh*t mode and braved their way by saying "subscribers don't get penalized". Is this true?

Also can it be classified as win-trading when someone admits to being AFK and ditching the game, just so they can get a Daily on galactic seas.?

Happy to discuss.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screenshot it and report it. Such behavior in PVP is not acceptable so I do not see why it would be in GSF. The email to report PVP cheating, win trading, etc. is pvpreports@swtor.com. I would assume that that would apply for GSF, as well.

GS did get me to step foot back into GSF, and although I am certainly no expert (I have good matches and bad matches), I at least try to help my team win. It irks me these people who go in with the intention of sabotaging the match. It is supremely narcissistic of them to put their own desire for a quick PO completing before that of others who are actually trying to play the game and have a good match.

Good timing on the screenshot tip. I was able to retrieve his chat just in time. Thanks for the email address for reporting as well.

And yes, it is very selfish of them. Just ditch the game coz they don't feel like it, but either want to get a free win and/or free daily.

Screenshot it and report it. Such behavior in PVP is not acceptable so I do not see why it would be in GSF. The email to report PVP cheating, win trading, etc. is pvpreports@swtor.com. I would assume that that would apply for GSF, as well.

GS did get me to step foot back into GSF, and although I am certainly no expert (I have good matches and bad matches), I at least try to help my team win. It irks me these people who go in with the intention of sabotaging the match. It is supremely narcissistic of them to put their own desire for a quick PO completing before that of others who are actually trying to play the game and have a good match.

That's what happens when you implement a system that encourages this behavior by not allowing you alternatives. You think BIO isn't aware this would happen? You think they aren't now aware it is happening regardless? Do you see them posting or doing anything? It's been happening for 4,5?? weeks now...however long it has been.

If they do get in trouble, u really think they will stop? No...they will just get more creative..Target the underlying issue is the only way to fix the problem.

it is a rather poor implementation for GS to allow players to get credit just for finishing a match. but requiring wins would just mean less GS players piling into WZs and GSF, which would result in lower numbers to show how popular their side games are.

best I can come up with.

it's funny to me that the kinds of rewards GS offers are the kinds of things that don't much matter to PVP. iunno about GSF players. there are plenty of "everything" players. but there are an awful lot of "lore" players who want nothing to do with any sort of pvp. it's just the nature of this IP and the way it has dealt with pvp and gsf as side games for so long...to say nothing of the game engine's capabilities.

That's what happens when you implement a system that encourages this behavior by not allowing you alternatives. You think BIO isn't aware this would happen? You think they aren't now aware it is happening regardless? Do you see them posting or doing anything? It's been happening for 4,5?? weeks now...however long it has been.

If they do get in trouble, u really think they will stop? No...they will just get more creative..Target the underlying issue is the only way to fix the problem.

Right, I forgot, silly me. I forgot that not only is BW dictating that you will play this content but also that you will play it poorly. I am quite certain they have also blocked all of your computers, even if you use a VPN, from looking up ship build guides, ya know, like you would for you own character's gear. And they have blocked you from all strategy and tutorial guides. Certainly the choice to sabotage the matches for other people is not your doing. You bear no culpability. You are absolved of all responsibility. This is all BW's fault.

[/sarcasm]

In case it was not clear.

Right, I forgot, silly me. I forgot that not only is BW dictating that you will play this content but also that you will play it poorly. I am quite certain they have also blocked all of your computers, even if you use a VPN, from looking up ship build guides, ya know, like you would for you own character's gear. And they have blocked you from all strategy and tutorial guides. Certainly the choice to sabotage the matches for other people is not your doing. You bear no culpability. You are absolved of all responsibility. This is all BW's fault.

[/sarcasm]

In case it was not clear.

First off I never said I agree with the behavior.

Second if someone doesn't want to do something, they sure are not going to spend time trying to learn to do it. I mean maybe your sarcasm is just getting the better of you...but that's just dumb lol

Finally...there will always be people who will always take the easiest, shortest path to get something they want. If you think otherwise that's naïve at best. You don't fix the issue by telling people to play nice. You fix the problem the most effective way possible. That means fixing the reason people do it....or spend 10x as much effort trying to find/catch all the loop holes.

To the OP, this is pretty much all you can do. BioWare may or may not take action like they may or may not do when someone is caught red handed hacking or wintrading. They are totally inconsistent and it’s why we still have people who cheat in this game.

Imagine unbanning the same wintraders every season so they can do it again the next season till they get banned again and not compensate the innocent players that had their rating affected by cheats in the mean time.

It’s another reason on top of the 20 or so other reasons why pvp is in such a poor state in this game and has had a massive decline in player participation over the years.

BioWares solution to declining participation and population is always to coerce non pvpers or old pvpers to play a mode they don’t like due to the poor quality and decisions BioWare have made towards pvp. Instead of fixing or addressing the reasons for low participation.

It’s no wonder there is backlash from some players who don’t like being coerced into playing parts of the game they dislike and that has fundamental problems that BioWare refuse to fix or address properly.

Let me point out that I’m not defending the players who ruin other people’s matches on purpose. I’m most certainly not doing that. But I can see why they do it as a protest to BioWare and it’s up to BioWare to stop coercing these people to play parts of the game they hate.

If BioWare really want to improve pvp participation, then they should do the work, fix and address all the reasons why people don’t want to play it or have left over it. Stop blaming the players for their mistakes and lack of foresight.

I made a thread with some ideas to help improve pvp. It doesn’t address all the issues because I know Bioware’s policies won’t change after 9 years. Feel free to have a read and if you support the ideas, let Bioware know.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992476

Edited by TrixxieTriss

it is a rather poor implementation for GS to allow players to get credit just for finishing a match. but requiring wins would just mean less GS players piling into WZs and GSF, which would result in lower numbers to show how popular their side games are.

best I can come up with.

it's funny to me that the kinds of rewards GS offers are the kinds of things that don't much matter to PVP. iunno about GSF players. there are plenty of "everything" players. but there are an awful lot of "lore" players who want nothing to do with any sort of pvp. it's just the nature of this IP and the way it has dealt with pvp and gsf as side games for so long...to say nothing of the game engine's capabilities.

In before Bioware do this to GSF to bandaid this issue.

Iq expect theyll add a silly win requirement to GSF like they have to pvp. Which hasn’t fixed the AFKers at all by the way, it’s actually made it worse with the deserter lockout in place.

Bioware will ruin GSF more, just like they have pvp before they’ll admitt they’ve made a mistake with Galactic Seasons PO’s by coercing players into parts of the game they hate.

The easiest solution to this over all problem is to allow people multiple rerolls on the PO’s till they get one they like doing. Then only those who want to play GSF or pvp will be in those matches.

There is no reason to make any other changes to GSF like they have to pvp. The win requirement in pvp was driving players away before GS was started. It’s why they are now “forcing/coercing” players back into pvp to buff their spread sheet numbers for management. If they’d just reverted to the win-loss points system again (with a different ratio), people wouldn’t have stopped playing pvp.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

First off I never said I agree with the behavior.

Second if someone doesn't want to do something, they sure are not going to spend time trying to learn to do it. I mean maybe your sarcasm is just getting the better of you...but that's just dumb lol

Finally...there will always be people who will always take the easiest, shortest path to get something they want. If you think otherwise that's naïve at best. You don't fix the issue by telling people to play nice. You fix the problem the most effective way possible. That means fixing the reason people do it....or spend 10x as much effort trying to find/catch all the loop holes.

Right, you have not condoned it, but you have excused it. You have absolved them of their responsibility in this and placed it all on BW and their poor decisions.

--snipped for space--

Although I do not play un/ranked PVP I have read enough on these forums and in Discords to know that what you say is true about BW's consistency when it comes to cheaters. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that.

My nephew, who plays WoW as much as SWTOR, was recently telling me about Blizzard's latest move to try to get people into PVP (allegedly it is now easier to gear, and you get better gear, via PVP than via PVE). There seems to be a trend amongst some game companies where they think that they must save PVP at all costs, even if that means harassing their players with it. I wish more companies would do like DDO did. DDO's devs did try a few different things to improve PVP but eventually realized it was dying and just let it die.

I can completely understand people not liking un/ranked PVP and GSF. The few times I did do PVP I was terrible, but I still tried. The only reason I did do it was to complete the Alliance Alerts for 4X and Pierce, and I have only done those on my two main characters. All other characters ignore those (unless they be a Trooper or Warrior) because I know that I am terrible at PVP and even if I try I know I will not do much to aid my team.

When I first tried GSF I was awful. I really wanted to like it. I tried it many different ways but never got any better and was just a burden to my team. I was very reluctant to try again and initially had decided that I would not, but after reading a guide, trying the ship build, and completely changing how I approached GSF I am now better, not great, I still fall apart like tissue vs water if I get focused, but better, and I am able to contribute. I have good matches and I have bad, but in every one I am trying. If I am being honest, if there was another PVE objective, and specifically a solo PVE weekly, I would have done that and never tried GSF again. If season 2 corrects that and gives us more options then I likely will not do GSF.

I completely agree with the complaints people have had about the lack of a solo PVE weekly, about the proclivity of the dailies to contain one of the PVP objectives, and about the lack of options with regard to the daily PO's, but if one chooses to enter a PVP or GSF match then they are choosing to do a group activity and they should at least be willing to try to contribute. They may be awful, they may not add much, but they should at least try so that they are not ruining the game for others just because they have beef with BW.

Edited by ceryxp

Right, you have not condoned it, but you have excused it. You have absolved them of their responsibility in this and placed it all on BW and their poor decisions.

Although I do not play un/ranked PVP I have read enough on these forums and in Discords to know that what you say is true about BW's consistency when it comes to cheaters. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that.

My nephew, who plays WoW as much as SWTOR, was recently telling me about Blizzard's latest move to try to get people into PVP (allegedly it is now easier to gear, and you get better gear, via PVP than via PVE). There seems to be a trend amongst some game companies where they think that they must save PVP at all costs, even if that means harassing their players with it. I wish more companies would do like DDO did. DDO's devs did try a few different things to improve PVP but eventually realized it was dying and just let it die.

I can completely understand people not liking un/ranked PVP and GSF. The few times I did do PVP I was terrible, but I still tried. The only reason I did do it was to complete the Alliance Alerts for 4X and Pierce, and I have only done those on my two main characters. All other characters ignore those (unless they be a Trooper or Warrior) because I know that I am terrible at PVP and even if I try I know I will not do much to aid my team.

When I first tried GSF I was awful. I really wanted to like it. I tried it many different ways but never got any better and was just a burden to my team. I was very reluctant to try again and initially had decided that I would not, but after reading a guide, trying the ship build, and completely changing how I approached GSF I am now better, not great, I still fall apart like tissue vs water if I get focused, but better, and I am able to contribute. I have good matches and I have bad, but in every one I am trying. If I am being honest, if there was another PVE objective, and specifically a solo PVE weekly, I would have done that and never tried GSF again. If season 2 corrects that and gives us more options then I likely will not do GSF.

I completely agree with the complaints people have had about the lack of a solo PVE weekly, about the proclivity of the dailies to contain one of the PVP objectives, and about the lack of options with regard to the daily PO's, but if one chooses to enter a PVP or GSF match then they are choosing to do a group activity and they should at least be willing to try to contribute. They may be awful, they may not add much, but they should at least try so that they are not ruining the game for others just because they have beef with BW.

The issue is pvp was fine back in the 3.3 - 4.x era, until Bioware started messing with changes in 5.0 and have just made one mistake after another since then to try and revive it. They don’t listen to pvp player feed back and when they do, they do it in a vacuum and misunderstand what players are saying because they refuse to engage the reg pvp community in a meaningful way and it’s what’s lead to the majority of these mistakes.

There is a dev post from back in the 3,x days that says “the pvp community is the most stable community in the game”. I wish I could find the yellow post, but I don’t have time. It clearly states that PVPers were the most loyal and consistent subscribers in the game.

Then 5.0 came alone and Ben “play my way or the highway” Irving made drastic changes to the game and the pvp ecosystem. Within 6 months, most of the pvp guilds had quit the game. But instead of admitting a mistake and making changes to revert back to the previous system, Bioware doubled, then tripled down and made more players leave.

4.x was probably the golden era of reg pvp systems in this game. It was nearly perfect for the reg players (even though ranked needed help still). Bioware threw all of that out the window with 5.0 and has since made the same mistakes over and over that they made during the game’s earlier development before 4.x. It’s like they don’t know their own past or learnt from the mistakes they made. The arrogance that they think they’re right all the time and players are wrong is astounding. If you try and critique them they get offended and blame the players or what usually happens is they go silent and ignore us all.

That is why pvp has problems now. Not because people don’t like to pvp. It’s because Bioware constantly drive pvpers from the game with their arrogant changes and lack or engagement and foresight. They can’t even admit when they make a mistake, they would rather yell at the players these days then engage with us to help fix pvp. And don’t get me started on using third party discord for feed back instead of proper channels on the forums. That’s a whole other issue.

Edit: FYI, I agree with your last point too. If people are going to go into pvp or GSF,they should at least try or not go in at all. But I do understand their reasoning for afking, I don’t agree with it, but I do understand.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I get why people do it because I want to afk every time I have to do GSF/PvP. It's just I am too decent to do it.

I don't do GSF at all now because I hate it and I don't want to bother to "get better". I am getting better at Unranked but I'm still pretty noob at it compared to real PvPer. It's annoying when a skilled player spot the "weak link" and keep coming at me the moment I spawn. Why should I suffer the humiliation? I don't ask for it, I hate it, that's why I don't do PvP.

But I save my one chance of reroll to avoid GSF at all cost so I'll have to suffer Unranked from time to time.

If BW give me unlimited reroll, trust me, I'll avoid Unranked too so that we don't have to suffer from each other.

I get why people do it because I want to afk every time I have to do GSF/PvP. It's just I am too decent to do it.

I don't do GSF at all now because I hate it and I don't want to bother to "get better". I am getting better at Unranked but I'm still pretty noob at it compared to real PvPer. It's annoying when a skilled player spot the "weak link" and keep coming at me the moment I spawn. Why should I suffer the humiliation? I don't ask for it, I hate it, that's why I don't do PvP.

But I save my one chance of reroll to avoid GSF at all cost so I'll have to suffer Unranked from time to time.

If BW give me unlimited reroll, trust me, I'll avoid Unranked too so that we don't have to suffer from each other.

A tiny bit of advice. All the objective maps but Hutt Ball, have two exits. If you have an enemy team spawn camping you, go out the other exit to by pass them. It may not be the quickest route to the objective you need, but you prevent them farming you at the spawn point and you may just get to the objective and take it while they are all too busy waiting for your team mates to respawn.

If you get original Hutt ball and they try to do it, you can go to the far right or left of the shelf and run along an edge to get away from them. If you have Quesh ball, just run straight ahead and off the ledge to get away. Don’t try to fight them on your line. Vandin Ball is the easiest to avoid campers because you have the vents.

The easiest solution to this over all problem is to allow people multiple rerolls on the PO’s till they get one they like doing. Then only those who want to play GSF or pvp will be in those matches.

no. that defeats the purpose of a "roll" entirely if you can do it until you get the exact outcome you (impersonal) want. you (personal) must understand that. stop asking for unlimited rolls. what you're really asking for there is complete and total control over which POs you do. and hey, if that's your stance, then more power to you. but that completely circumvents the concept of a "roll" in the first place. don't frame it with rolls.

my opinion: this is an mmo. if you burn your reroll and still end up with group content, then suck it up or don't do it. it's an mmo! there are mechanisms in place for solo players to queue for FPs and OPs on ridiculously easy (SM) modes. but at the end of the day...it's a frickin MMO! group up or skip it.

however, I do not think pvp in any form is intrinsic to the game, so giving players the OPTION to opt-out of pvp objectives is perfectly reasonable. after all, GS is not a pvp event. you're not buying pvp flairs or pvp mounts with it.

my guess is that BW looks at these pvp POs the same way they look at the PVP in the middle of the Gree event. it's there. you can do it every day. if you do, you get more rewards. if you skip it, then you generate Gree currency a little slower. in my experience, it's unnecessary to do the pvp during the gree event, and with the split instances, you can avoid getting ganked entirely. i have no idea if the same can be said for skipping pvp POs for GS. but I'm fairly certain that's BW's position. so neither one of us is getting what s/he wants. /shrug

A tiny bit of advice. All the objective maps but Hutt Ball, have two exits. If you have an enemy team spawn camping you, go out the other exit to by pass them. It may not be the quickest route to the objective you need, but you prevent them farming you at the spawn point and you may just get to the objective and take it while they are all too busy waiting for your team mates to respawn.

If you get original Hutt ball and they try to do it, you can go to the far right or left of the shelf and run along an edge to get away from them. If you have Quesh ball, just run straight ahead and off the ledge to get away. Don’t try to fight them on your line. Vandin Ball is the easiest to avoid campers because you have the vents.

Good advice, thanks for the tip. I got ambushed in Huttball a lot. Probably because I'm still clueless about its layout and it's obvious to the others. My sense of direction is terrible like that.

The other ones are pretty easy to run to the front line. It's much easier to avoid ambush when I know where I'm suppose to go.

Edited by eabevella

The issue is pvp was fine back in the 3.3 - 4.x era, until Bioware started messing with changes in 5.0 and have just made one mistake after another since then to try and revive it. They don’t listen to pvp player feed back and when they do, they do it in a vacuum and misunderstand what players are saying because they refuse to engage the reg pvp community in a meaningful way and it’s what’s lead to the majority of these mistakes.

There is a dev post from back in the 3,x days that says “the pvp community is the most stable community in the game”. I wish I could find the yellow post, but I don’t have time. It clearly states that PVPers were the most loyal and consistent subscribers in the game.

Then 5.0 came alone and Ben “play my way or the highway” Irving made drastic changes to the game and the pvp ecosystem. Within 6 months, most of the pvp guilds had quit the game. But instead of admitting a mistake and making changes to revert back to the previous system, Bioware doubled, then tripled down and made more players leave.

I looked over the 5.0 patch notes and I am guessing the two biggest changes were the removal of expertise and the new gearing system.

I largely skipped 3.0 and 4.0 due to my medically induced LOA, so for me the game went from having skill trees, getting to play the base class on our home world, and having to grind for comms until my eyes bled so that I could get halfway okay gear for my character and my companions to what we got with 5.0. Not all bad, the gearing was certainly better for me, especially with companions, but I did not like losing the base class play.

Although I have never been a PVP'er, and thus have always been on the outside of the community, what I do remember from 2.0, and what remains relevant to this day, are cries about class imbalance. It seems to me that BW has never been good at doing that. I think that is part of why I will do GSF but not PVP. In GSF I am not dealing with gear discrepancies, with class imbalances, with the current best in show class that destroys everything, etc. Sure, if I start using a new ship it will be behind everyone else, but it only takes a few matches to start working on that ships components. Once you unlock your components when it is just a matter of skill. Admittedly, GSF does have one of the worst learning curves.

No I really have not. Report people if you so wish. Ive voted to kick people. It's poor game play to do it. But ultimately you want it to stop right?. Reporting wont stop it. That's my point. You can't seem to get the concept. You need to fix the problem, not chase the symptoms.

no. that defeats the purpose of a "roll" entirely if you can do it until you get the exact outcome you (impersonal) want. you (personal) must understand that. stop asking for unlimited rolls.

Sorry but there are reasons that people can't do pvp or operations that might go beyond "I don't want to". So giving choices for both should be on the table. You think its fair for someone who might have disabilities whose reaction time is bad to play events and be unhappy and laughed at? Cause group activities are not always lollipops and rainbows.

Personally I think choice is ALWAYS better. No one has the right to tell others how they should play.

No I really have not. Report people if you so wish. Ive voted to kick people. It's poor game play to do it. But ultimately you want it to stop right?. Reporting wont stop it. That's my point. You can't seem to get the concept. You need to fix the problem, not chase the symptoms.

You absolutely have made excuses for them because you keep trying to put the blame elsewhere instead of on the people who choose to enter those group activities with the express intent of sabotaging it for others. I completely understand having limitations, more than you will ever know, but if I choose to enter a group activity where I know I have limitations, or I know I am not the best at it, I will at least try to contribute. There are people who are not even doing that. They go in with the intent of ruining everyone else's game because of their own selfish agenda.

Are there problems with GS? Absolutely, and I hope that BW makes some changes before season 2 (namely greater diversity and choice of PO's and a solo PVE weekly), but the choice to enter PVP or GSF or any other group activity is on the player, and if they choose to do that then they should be willing to at least attempt to contribute rather than going in with the intent of ruining the game for others. That is a personal choice and you can not put that blame anywhere else but on the person.

You absolutely have made excuses for them because you keep trying to put the blame elsewhere instead of on the people who choose to enter those group activities with the express intent of sabotaging it for others..

You would make a crap developer if you expect players to behave because they should.

I HAVE NOT MADE EXCUSES FOR THEM. IT IS NOT OKAY BEHAVIOR (HOPE THAT IS CLEAR ENOUGH)

Yes I blame BIO. Same as I would blame them if they found an exploit, didn't patch it and then let people keep what they shouldn't. GUESS WHAT? They have done that repeatedly! This situation isn't new. If they cannot be bothered to fix a system that showed the same problems YEARS AGO don't suddenly expect players to not act the same as before...that's DUMB!

But if you want it FIXED...yell at the people responsible for it or for not having in game moderators, or GMs, better detection code, anything else that would help prevent this. Don't expect players to do their jobs for them.

YES IT SUCKS when players act dumb in game, but yes it is 100% on BIO for allowing it to happen.

Edited by DragonSire

YES IT SUCKS when players act dumb in game, but yes it is 100% on BIO for allowing it to happen.

This is my absolute last reply to you. No matter what BW does or does not do people who choose to act poorly, people who choose to "act dumb," people who choose to intentionally sabotage the game for others, that is entirely, 100%, their choice. They choose to do that. Regardless of what BW does if someone does that they are choosing to do that. By your argument they are just acting dumb for doing it but it is all BW's fault for not stopping them. No, they are at fault for doing it. BW's fault is for leaving avenues open for it to happen and not acting harshly enough in punishing those who do, but it is the person's choice to do it. Your argument is that the victim is at fault for getting robbed because they did not having a strong enough lock, or because the police were not standing on their stoop to prevent it, or because society did not do something to stop it, but it just sucks that the criminal decided to "act dumb." Your entire argument is intended to absolve the individual of personal responsibility.

Edited by ceryxp

...No matter what BW does or does not do people who choose to act poorly, people who choose to "act dumb," people who choose to intentionally sabotage the game for others, that is entirely, 100%, their choice. They choose to do that. Regardless of what BW does if someone does that they are choosing to do that. By your argument they are just acting dumb for doing it but it is all BW's fault for not stopping them. No, they are at fault for doing it. ....

^ I agree.

Even before this PO nonsense I would get into WZ matches where people just ignore objectives and want to out DPS people for the scoreboard, not caring about winning or losing.

Also, and maybe this is more of a personal issue, I can't stand "trash talking" even when it's not laden with the type of talk that should get you banned...what people now call "toxic"

some reasons someone else might not be good at PVP

They're new and don't understand how the map works or know that their class has a specific role that could be different than in PVE.

Not used to fast paced content or targeting people who hop around like a jack rabbit on drugs.

Don't know what the objectives are or how to do them, all they want to do is pew pew pew

and yes, now, going in just for the rewards and not caring about the content.

Personally, I don't think Bioware can fix any of that.

I looked over the 5.0 patch notes and I am guessing the two biggest changes were the removal of expertise and the new gearing system.

I largely skipped 3.0 and 4.0 due to my medically induced LOA, so for me the game went from having skill trees, getting to play the base class on our home world, and having to grind for comms until my eyes bled so that I could get halfway okay gear for my character and my companions to what we got with 5.0. Not all bad, the gearing was certainly better for me, especially with companions, but I did not like losing the base class play.

Although I have never been a PVP'er, and thus have always been on the outside of the community, what I do remember from 2.0, and what remains relevant to this day, are cries about class imbalance. It seems to me that BW has never been good at doing that. I think that is part of why I will do GSF but not PVP. In GSF I am not dealing with gear discrepancies, with class imbalances, with the current best in show class that destroys everything, etc. Sure, if I start using a new ship it will be behind everyone else, but it only takes a few matches to start working on that ships components. Once you unlock your components when it is just a matter of skill. Admittedly, GSF does have one of the worst learning curves.

The removal of pvp comms for pvp gear was a massive blow for lowbie and mid pvp (where people learnt and leveled up Alts). That and pigeon holing gear behind pve gates to get BiS pvp gear set up 5.0-6.0 as a major fail for Pvpers,

Sorry but there are reasons that people can't do pvp or operations that might go beyond "I don't want to". So giving choices for both should be on the table. You think its fair for someone who might have disabilities whose reaction time is bad to play events and be unhappy and laughed at? Cause group activities are not always lollipops and rainbows.

Personally I think choice is ALWAYS better. No one has the right to tell others how they should play.

MMO = massively multiplayer online. you choose to play a game that, by it's very definition, is predicated on grouping-up with others. perhaps an MMO just isn't for you if your "reaction times are blah blah blah." requiring group content in an MMO is perfectly legit. there are plenty of friendly cake walk guilds that will take said person in and carry him through story mode content. I'm in one. and they're always looking for more new/old players.

PVP is NOT an inexorable part of MMO. There are MMO PVPs. You can also PVP in an MMO that isn't specifically about PVP. But this is not Counterstrike or Guild Wars. This game is not predicated on PVP. The developers said as much in the first year of launch that they weren't even going to include PVP at all and that it was a side game (like the original space missions). PVP (including GSF) are not core to the game and its RPG story at all. Therefore, one should be able to opt-out of PVP.

as a person with a disability who deals with accessibility issues every day, I find your sham reply about accessibility offensive. I've been paraplegiac since I was 18. I miss out on a million things. I get heated when someone blocks my unloading zone in the parking lot or when there's no wheelchair access to a public building. however, I don't feel entitled to sue the NCAA or the local flag football league because I can't get on the field and play with them or that they won't "accommodate" my disability by slowing the game down or getting into wheelchairs themselves. that is exactly what you're asking for here. there are real world problems. stop puffing-up non-issue bs.

Edited by CheesyEZ