Getting low FPS

SexySensei

I am getting low fps on SWTOR in many outdoor areas (around 15-20) and even lower in warzones, I have shadows off and all my settings on low and vsync off (except resolution, which is 1920x1000 to match my monitor). Anyone else having this issue and have fixes? Here are the DXDIAG spec things.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: LENOVO

System Model: 2222222

BIOS: Lenovo BIOS Version: 52KT43A.ROM V4.3A

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM

Page File: 1356MB used, 2736MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTS 250

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_11453842&REV_A2

Display Memory: 2797 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

This is what I did to raise my fps when I play on my laptop. Go into preferences and under graphics choose the high setting and click apply. Then, choose the low setting and turn off shadows and click apply.

This method changed my fps from about 10 to about 40. Hope this helps.

While "Force" settings are not supported yet in this game (thanks to the lack of response from Nvidia), you still need to create an Nvidia control panel profile for the game. Profiles have special enhancements to games that are created by the developers of the drivers.

Right click on Desktop

Select "Nvidia Control Panel"

Select "Manage 3D settings" in left pane

Select "Program Settings"

Select "Add"

Browser out to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient" (or wherever you installed the game)

Select the exe file "swtor.exe" and press OK

Leave all settings default. This will use the profile features for the game. If you wish to run Anti-Aliasing in the game, you can visit my blog instructions here: http://ipkonfig.com/how-to-enable-aa-and-as-in-swtor

Edited by mikules

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.