Insane Lag Spikes on Star Forge

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am usually around 40 ms consistently. Didnt have the issue earlier but since i relogged back on it was hitting upwards of 70k. I was about only able to check the gtn and mail it was not disconnecting but it was dropping signal way too much. Right now other than checking the mail and gtn about all you are able to do with this much lag everything else is unplayable because of the amount of lag right now.

Same here as OP. Huge lag spikes. I usually hover around 16-24 ms, but today I'm 300, then spike to 1k, then 6k+, then red X. It was fine yesterday after the patch. I was able to raid with no lag, but today IDK what's going on. My ISP is Spectrum if that makes any difference. Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Try a VPN. I got nord VPN. Changed to vancouver, canada. Then the lag went away

This worked for me, went from my spike of 500k to staying consistently under 100 ms. Different VPN, but same results.

Edited by brettabanks

Still got the lag here hours later. I repaired the game, redownloaded it, when that failed I went to my brothers house to check it there and hes having the same issue. Luckly I work for my ISP and check that too, even better is my brother uses a different ISP.

Same. Just got dc'd and it won't let me log in. Says my login details are incorrect despite using the same details to login to the site.

Edit: Did what Zocmar suggested and changed VPN server to Vancouver and it worked fine. Odd.

Edited by Rythegreat

This is clearly on their end and yet no word from them.

How do we know it's them and not something between us and them?

As far as I can tell, there is a bottleneck issue happening on route to their servers. I mean it could be their servers (but both of them? ), or something very close to their location that most of us are passing through.

It does suck because both of my daily POs are PvP and I won't participate in group stuff when I know I'm spiking or lagging.

I can add that I am also seeing them and pretty much have been all day, router and modem reset, then speed test checks with multiple independent sites as well as testing latency in other games has narrowed the spikes down to my SWTOR experience.

Can we get some help with this?