You really couldn't fit one more Seasons token into the rewards?

Screaming_Ziva

You need 16 tokens to get both strongholds but then Bioware purposely limited the season to only 15. Why? What's the point? If it's to get people to play in Season 2, that's a pretty silly reason as they'll just get their 16th token a couple days after it starts.

Putting 16 into the current season probably would have just gotten to people to spend more cartel coins as many already paid the 6,900 to get the first SH on day one. I'm sure most of those people would have just paid the 10k to finish the season and get both SHs asap.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

From the news article about Galactic Seasons:

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210426-1

Will I be able to get both of the new Fleet Apartment Strongholds during this Season?

It is intended for only one of the Strongholds to be obtainable during one Season, so you will be able to acquire the other in the following Season.

Reason simply being they don't want you to get everything at once to keep you grinding for it in the future, otherwise they could have also given us all the old subscriber rewards from the vendor and didn't rotate the stuff in and out.

Edited by Phazonfreak

What will really sicken me is if any tokens we hold onto this season vanish at the start of the next.

I don't think that will be the case, or at least I hope it isn't otherwise the cap being 15 doesn't make sense to me since we can only earn 10 tokens this season. So why would they have a cap that is above that if the tokens will just reset next season:rak_02:

I don't think that will be the case, or at least I hope it isn't otherwise the cap being 15 doesn't make sense to me since we can only earn 10 tokens this season. So why would they have a cap that is above that if the tokens will just reset next season:rak_02:

There are 15 tokens in the season: 5 on the F2P track and 10 on the sub track.

There are 15 tokens in the season: 5 on the F2P track and 10 on the sub track.

Ah, I see. I misread the article about the rewards then, as I understood it was 5 for F2P and extra 5 for subscribers. Well, regardless of that I still hope our tokens aren't reset with every season.

Yeah to me it's much more irritating that F2P can't earn a SH even if they complete all the POs for the entire season. By all means make it harder for us, but don't make it impossible.

Of course, saying that I'm certain I'll be imminently mobbed by forum elitists who think it's outrageous that F2P exists at all, much less that we're asking for less nickel-and-diming practices.

Also iirc the SHs look exactly the same but just happen to be on two different fleets, so why would you need more than 1?

Well, regardless of that I still hope our tokens aren't reset with every season.

I hadn't thought of that. Even for BW that sounds extraordinarily petty. I am inclined to think that if they did that their metrics might see a drop in furious players ragequitting.

Edited by Ardrossan

Yeah to me it's much more irritating that F2P can't earn a SH even if they complete all the POs for the entire season. By all means make it harder for us, but don't make it impossible.

Of course, saying that I'm certain I'll be imminently mobbed by forum elitists who think it's outrageous that F2P exists at all, much less that we're asking for less nickel-and-diming practices.

Also iirc the SHs look exactly the same but just happen to be on two different fleets, so why would you need more than 1?

I hadn't thought of that. Even for BW that sounds extraordinarily petty. I am inclined to think that if they did that their metrics might see a drop in furious players ragequitting.

I fully support F2P, and agree with you, it's a disgrace that F2P are being shafted like that over the s/h. Another thing I've noticed too, is that only subs get the cc's. (Or so it seems, might have missed some) But on the other thread about the ref links one of the positives that was being spun was that F2P could earn cc's from GS, but it appears they can't. (But it's possible I missed some)

Naw F2P has been getting shafted since virtually the moment the game went F2P. GS is barely worth the effort for F2Pers, they get so little.

Naw F2P has been getting shafted since virtually the moment the game went F2P. GS is barely worth the effort for F2Pers, they get so little.

It’s a carrot for them to sub. Why should they get the same or close to what subscribers get? We get so little as it is now, there a has to be some differences or people would stop subbing.

It’s a carrot for them to sub. Why should they get the same or close to what subscribers get? We get so little as it is now, there a has to be some differences or people would stop subbing.

Exactly. The shaft would be subs and ftp being the same.

The FTP model already gives people a lot -- for nothing

Game wouldn't survive on no income.

I'm not saying the same or close, I'm saying they should have offered the possibility of being able to earn the SH in one season, even if it's only offering eight tokens and if you miss one, welp, too bad for you.

I fully support F2P, and agree with you, it's a disgrace that F2P are being shafted like that over the s/h. Another thing I've noticed too, is that only subs get the cc's. (Or so it seems, might have missed some) But on the other thread about the ref links one of the positives that was being spun was that F2P could earn cc's from GS, but it appears they can't. (But it's possible I missed some)

If we keep agreeing I'm going to start to feel guilty about all those bad thoughts I had about you. But yes. Again, subs earn a lot of CCs through this, as they should, and prefs shouldn't...but would it have been too much to offer a measly 20CC here and there? There's a lot of blank spaces on GS, like they just couldn't be bothered to offer rewards everyday.

Thank you for proving my point, I knew you could do it. I've paid for subs before, but even if I had contributed absolutely nothing monetary, I and most F2Pers who aren't gold farmers still put bodies into pvp and FPs. Your disdain for F2Pers is short sighted and imo this fear that "subs and ftp being the same" says a lot more about your need to be superior to others than to just enjoy the damn game for what it is, without comparing your experience to others.

Edited by Ardrossan

I'm not saying the same or close, I'm saying they should have offered the possibility of being able to earn the SH in one season, even if it's only offering eight tokens and if you miss one, welp, too bad for you.

If we keep agreeing I'm going to start to feel guilty about all those bad thoughts I had about you. But yes. Again, subs earn a lot of CCs through this, as they should, and prefs shouldn't...but would it have been too much to offer a measly 20CC here and there? There's a lot of blank spaces on GS, like they just couldn't be bothered to offer rewards everyday.

Thank you for proving my point, I knew you could do it. I've paid for subs before, but even if I had contributed absolutely nothing monetary, I and most F2Pers who aren't gold farmers still put bodies into pvp and FPs. Your disdain for F2Pers is short sighted and imo this fear that "subs and ftp being the same" says a lot more about your need to be superior to others than to just enjoy the damn game for what it is, without comparing your experience to others.

The shaft would be to everyone when the game folded.

Your idea that the company- that needs to pay its workers, rent offices, buy equipment etc- should give players everything for free is what is flawed. If that happened the game would be dead before you could blink - then no one could enjoy any of it.

I don't do ops or PVP so you're assuming a lot by assuming I even care how many are in there. I care that the game can continue so we all can keep playing it.

Edited by Suzsi

I agree they do get a lot for free, and they can also use cc's to unlock a lot, but the stronghold is different, this should be the same for everyone, everyone should have the same chance to earn it. Another consequence of removing the ref program, is new players who don't sub are not going to be able to get the other strongholds. Before they were able to use a ref, get the credits together and buy the s/h's now they can't, which means to compete in CQ fairly, they are going to have to sub........

The shaft would be to everyone when the game folded.

Your idea that the company- that needs to pay its workers, rent offices, buy equipment etc- should give players everything for free is what is flawed. If that happened the game would be dead before you could blink - then no one could enjoy any of it.

I don't do ops or PVP so you're assuming a lot by assuming I even care how many are in there. I care that the game can continue so we all can keep playing it.

The flip side of this argument is that f2p are keeping the game active, and thus giving people more action, and encouraging them to sub.

I agree they do get a lot for free, and they can also use cc's to unlock a lot, but the stronghold is different, this should be the same for everyone, everyone should have the same chance to earn it. Another consequence of removing the ref program, is new players who don't sub are not going to be able to get the other strongholds. Before they were able to use a ref, get the credits together and buy the s/h's now they can't, which means to compete in CQ fairly, they are going to have to sub........

They could add a 1 time unlock for some of the SHs into the Cartel Market.

FTP was always supposed to be more like a demo of the game then all of the game. More like a try it out, if you like it consider investing in a sub - type deal. FTP already get a lot more then they used to, which was all class stories and locked at lvl 50. No expansions etc

The more they give for free ... the more people want.

Edited by Suzsi

The scheme that the devs chose for Galactic Command and F2P and Preferred players is pretty apparent.

They heavily encourage them to subscribe during the final fifth month that a Season is running so that the players can gobble up all the Cartel Coins and tokens that they have passed when climbing the levels and that are hanging there like the forbidden fruit. They even specifically mention that this is possible in the article that introduced Galactic Seasons to us.

I'm pretty sure that they expect to get a sharp increase in subscriptions every five months from now on that instantly drops again right after that month. I'm certain that they also plan their release strategy of new content after this cycle as well and we won't get major updates during that fifth month.

Edited by Phazonfreak

They could add a 1 time unlock for some of the SHs into the Cartel Market.

FTP was always supposed to be more like a demo of the game then all of the game. More like a try it out, if you like it consider investing in a sub - type deal. FTP already get a lot more then they used to, which was all class stories and locked at lvl 50. No expansions etc

The more they give for free ... the more people want.

With the ref link gone, the only way for F2P to get the strongholds is with CC's. Which means for them to participate in CQ fully, without running a hamster mill is to buy their way in. Which could lead to elements accusing the game of switching to pay to win , now more than ever...

Edited by DarkTergon

The issue with that is, CQ bonus is linked to s/h, if they put the unlocks on the CM, there are elements in here, who are going to jump on that and scream P2W.

I agree, you can't give everything away for free, otherwise we'd have no subs, and although the cash cow is profitable, the subs are still needed. I just think having to wait 2 seasons to save up tokens for a stronghold as FtP is bad, and that's assuming the tokens don't reset at the end of a season (not sure if this has been answered yet) if it does reset, it means F2P will never be able to get the s/h, unless they sub. Although, as I mentions, since the Ref links are gone, from ow on, F2P are blocked from getting most of them.

They could just save up to sub for the 5th month. Unlock the stronghold and take the chance to use up all those creds locked away in escrow at the same time. Anyone who is really that worried about the CQ. It's still a 1 time payment and theyd get a bunch of CC for it to unlock other stuff as well. Doesn't seem like an all out bad deal to me.

They could just save up to sub for the 5th month. Unlock the stronghold and take the chance to use up all those creds locked away in escrow at the same time. Anyone who is really that worried about the CQ. It's still a 1 time payment and theyd get a bunch of CC for it to unlock other stuff as well. Doesn't seem like an all out bad deal to me.

Except not everyone is as lucky as us to be able to afford a sub, or as old as us to have our own money, etc.

There are valid reason why people can't sub.

They probably should have made it 8 tokens for everyone over the season, then the extra 7 for subs.

Everyone gets the s/h while the subs get the extra.

Edited by DarkTergon

Except not everyone is as lucky as us to be able to afford a sub, or as old as us to have our own money, etc.

There are valid reason why people can't sub.

They probably should have made it 8 tokens for everyone over the season, then the extra 7 for subs.

Everyone gets the s/h while the subs get the extra.

To be fair, bioware is offering a pretty sweet deal. It's really not upto them to cater to those who cant afford to drop a few $$ now and then. It sucks but it's reality when they can't make the game for free tp begin with and are running a company. The number truly in the boat you're talking about who couldnt even manage 1 mo out of 5 is small.

Most are probs already subbed to other games and choose not to make swtor their primary (like me when I play Everquest ftp because I choose to keep my sub with SWTOR). I'm just grateful to be able to play Everquest at all when I can't afford 2 subs. I'd never consider asking them for more when they already give so much for nothing.

That would be like being offered to go out for dinner, them being willing to give the main meal for free but asking you to pay if you want the 3 course meal. Going there and eating the meal then demanding they give more for nothing instead of thanking them for the free meal. I'll never understand that. Biowares giving the main meal for free, yet peeps are still demanding more instead of being thankful for what they're being given for nothing. But I'm 43 and old school like that.

Edited by Suzsi

/snip .

I understand what you are saying, and I do agree with you mostly, you can't give away everything, but the s/h is something that should be in range of F2P too, of course, if the tokens do carry over, than all is well, they'll still be able to get the s/h, just a little later than subs, but if the tokens reset, to me, that is a little unfair.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.