The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gaining Altuur Zok Adon Influence Level (or Why do you hate my alts?)

TheFenux

So early in the season I unlocked him for an alt or two and used an early gift on the alt(s). What a mistake that was!! Now, I have him to influence 49 and am unable to get to 50 because you need to use ALL gifts from the seasons rewards on ONE single character?!?!?

I found Ki'at Thavo on fleet who sells his gifts for season tokens. BUT I cannot buy the gifts because "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item." What the hell BW, how am I supposed to get him to 50 then?

As they said when GS was first announced, he gains Influence from running Crew Skill missions. Yes, it's tedious and time-consuming, but it works.

He never shuts up! By far the worst companion and he even looks ugly. Even If I level him to 50 I'll still never use peni$ face. I'm gonna stick with the nice red head Shae.

Yeah, the noises he makes are annoying. Luckily it's really easy to turn off the sound while killing bugs with him. And when they are done, there's no reason to use that companion ever again. Yay!

As they said when GS was first announced, he gains Influence from running Crew Skill missions. Yes, it's tedious and time-consuming, but it works.

Yes, but you have to admit that this mechanic is not really thought through. They should tie the requirements to be allowed to buy from the gift vendor to the GS level where you get Altuur's final gift. This way you don't get punished for an easily made mistake.

• 3 months later...
Yes, but you have to admit that this mechanic is not really thought through. They should tie the requirements to be allowed to buy from the gift vendor to the GS level where you get Altuur's final gift. This way you don't get punished for an easily made mistake.

I definitely agree with this. I started him on one comp then changed my mind. He is now stuck at 48 and does not appear to gain anything from comp missions. Do they need to be very high level? Certainly lvl 3 missions do nothing for him.

Also, on my kids account there are only low-level chars so you can't get far enough through Galactic Seasons to get enough gifts.

Edited by Tantala
Forgot something

So, maybe it's because I finished GS early and inf50'ed him for free, but I actually don't mind.

He crafts. That's helpful -- moreso than the ones you buy on the Cartel Market. And if you don't have Dark Projects laying around but have lots of credits, 5.65 mil isn't a bad way to quickly inf50 a henchie.

I get that if the gifts become unavailable, there should be another way to max him, but we don't know for certain that the gifts will go away, right away. As long as there's a way to ensure that people don't waste gifts on him that don't do anything.

My only gripe is that I wish there was a way to turn off his chirping.

It would be nice if he had a back-story.

Or even if he would have some interesting dialogue if you take him to fight other Kubaz on Droumond Kaas....

( I know, it's the Dark side in me....:D)

Hi.

Yes, it would be very nice for Altuur to have a background story - what was he doing on Kubindi? Does he have any family? Why did he left? And so on.

I've checked said vendor today, and it costs Token rather than credits. I'm really sorry that I unlocked this companion now.

There is one vendor that takes the Token but the other one standing next to him will take credits. I saw that last night when I purchased a couple companion gifts (with credits) for him.