Founder, I'm out.

ShardTosk

Nah screw Galactic Seasons. Why am I doing this "grind or pay" F2P-style stuff if I'm already paying you? Leaving instead of just going F2P because SWTOR's F2P is too restrictive for me to enjoy playing and the new F2P-GS track is so damn miserly.

Can I have your Founder title? I forgot to sub in the time limit after beta and missed getting the title. I'm British, however I think my American brethren would say I'm "salty" about that.

I did PvP for the first time in ages on various characters because of Galactic Seasons and enjoyed it. I've not done PvP since they changed unranked (never touched ranked). I also did more starfighter matches since the patch than I have in the year previously and enjoyed it. Surely it's a good thing getting people back doing game stuff they'd given up?

Surely it's a good thing getting people back doing game stuff they'd given up?

It's a mixed bag, it's great if people enjoy it, and they come back for more, but sucks for the people who try it, realise they still hate it, but have to do it to complete the dailies, etc. (yes, I know no one's holding a gun to their heads, but a load of us are very compulsive about stuff like this.)

Some of it would be alleviated by having more rerolls, and/more options. Won't fix everything, some people are just going to hate it no matter what, but more options/rerolls would help more people get over it.

As a fellow Founder, I’m thrilled.

I’m very excited about the reward options, and frankly if you’re quitting over an optional feature that can only benefit you, sounds like you were looking for an excuse to leave anyway.

I'm not a founder but I'm a long time player, nearly 8 years, and seasons to me is exciting. I enjoy the rewards, and the chance at getting some items that are no longer available is great.

I'm not a founder but I'm a long time player, nearly 8 years, and seasons to me is exciting. I enjoy the rewards, and the chance at getting some items that are no longer available is great.

Same, been here "only" since 2.0. To me the title is akin to being proud for being a Karen (the level of aggrieved middle-class entitlement is the same). Those who emphasize it think it has significantly more play with BW or other players than it actually does, which may be why this ragequit thread started in General but has swiftly been kicked down to Off-topic. Tbh my sig is the best possible response to OP.

Oh, I also don't really care about GS one way or the other. It's certainly nothing to quit over and what this forum really needs is a betting pool to see how long before ragequitters cave in and come back, their issues that led them to quit rendered as irrelevant as they always were.

Edited by Ardrossan

Also: While I hear people say they are being forced to do pvp or stuff they don't like for the weekly, I have yet to do something I hate. There is no reward that is so great or interesting that it will force me to do content I hate. I may be one of the few ones but all the rewards in the world will never get me to do content I hate. Just a bit stubborn that way considering I play to have fun and if I hate a certain content then I am not having fun so why would I do it?

Too true. I don't like PvP, so I don't do it, in spite of the rewards I therefore won't get.

I sort of collect mounts and pets, but I won't do Swoop Racing because I don't like it, even though I, therefore, can't get the mounts, etc.

For me, as a Founder, I've done almost everything there is to do in the game, except for those things I don't enjoy. I understand, from a realistic point of view, that no minor update such as 6.3 is going to give me a whole lot of new stuff to do.

I appreciate the idea of having some reason to do old content, but even GS isn't going to make me do PvP or GSF (or Swoop Racing).

Edited by JediQuaker

Too true. I don't like PvP, so I don't do it, in spite of the rewards I therefore won't get.

I sort of collect mounts and pets, but I won't do Swoop Racing because I don't like it, even though I, therefore, can't get the mounts, etc.

For me, as a Founder, I've done almost everything there is to do in the game, except for those things I don't enjoy. I understand, from a realistic point of view, that no minor update such as 6.3 is going to give me a whole lot of new stuff to do.

I appreciate the idea of having some reason to do old content, but even GS isn't going to make me do PvP or GSF (or Swoop Racing).

I missed the Founder title, but in general I agree completely. Tthe only differences being I don't mind the swoop racing and I actually enjoy GSF (even if I may scream when I get paired with a squadron of absolute potatoes). I'll never do PvP content and Seasons isn't going to convince me.

I'm also not sure everyone understands a season runs for five months. Even if you're F2P, so long as you log in 4 times a week to claim the login rewards (the season points are day 4 if I'm remembering right), do only half the dailies each week (which is NOT hard), and only one of the weeklies every week, you'll still be sitting at 546 out of 800 points by the end of it. Do the same as a subscriber, you'll end up with 861 (and it takes 800 to complete).

And honestly, given the way the missions are spread across different types of content, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be able to get roughly that far at minimum. Even the "Kill X number of enemies on X worlds" dailies aren't ridiculous numbers. It was 75 the last I looked, and they can be done on any planet in the given sector.

If anyone doesn't want to do that, and they don't want to do daily missions (e.g. Rishi, Black Hole, Oricon, etc), and they don't want to do heroics, and they don't want to do flashpoints, and they don't want to do GSF, and they don't want to do operations, *and* they don't want to do PVP...why are they playing, exactly? I can get not liking a few of those--I've never done a single Operation or warzone--but if you don't want to do ANY of them, that's throwing out the bulk of the game's content besides just story missions. And even those would at least check off the dailies about killing enemies!

• 1 month later...
Nah screw Galactic Seasons. Why am I doing this "grind or pay" F2P-style stuff if I'm already paying you? Leaving instead of just going F2P because SWTOR's F2P is too restrictive for me to enjoy playing and the new F2P-GS track is so damn miserly.

Founder here, I'd enjoy receiving your credits and inventories if you are truly leaving!

Bah humbug! Last night I got to 800/800 and now there's no reason to even do GS any more (until next 'season').

I've run out of things to do, except FPs for guild CQ*. 😥

* I'm a poet and I didn't realize it. 😅

Edited by JediQuaker

Bah humbug! Last night I got to 800/800 and now there's no reason to even do GS any more (until next 'season').

I've run out of things to do, except FPs for guild CQ*. 😥

* I'm a poet and I didn't realize it. 😅

But didn't you buy part of your way through it?

Founder here, I'd enjoy receiving your credits and inventories if you are truly leaving!

As a founder you should probably have as much as he did, so leave it for some of the new players, they are going to need it the way the GTN is exploding :eek:

*besides, if he was going, he'd probably be gone by now*

But didn't you buy part of your way through it?

Yes I did. "Be careful what you wish for" and all that. 🙂

I wasn't fully aware that the GS would just stop when you got to 800/800. 😏

But, on the other hand, I have my Fleet apartment* and Altuur is up to level 50**.

* On the other, other hand, I already have my apartment almost fully decorated to my satisfaction (which is only about 60% - I don't want to junk it up by trying to cram 100%).

** And, because of not paying attention, the character that has Altuur at level 50 also has 6 other level 50s, so he's not that useful. 🙄

P.S. I used Altuur as the healer in a Vet group last night. He did OK, just like all the other comps. 😉

Edited by JediQuaker

Yes I did. "Be careful what you wish for" and all that. 🙂

I wasn't fully aware that the GS would just stop when you got to 800/800. 😏

But, on the other hand, I have my Fleet apartment* and Altuur is up to level 50**.

* On the other, other hand, I already have my apartment almost fully decorated to my satisfaction (which is only about 60% - I don't want to junk it up by trying to cram 100%).

** And, because of not paying attention, the character that has Altuur at level 50 also has 6 other level 50s, so he's not that useful. 🙄

P.S. I used Altuur as the healer in a Vet group last night. He did OK, just like all the other comps. 😉

The fleet apt is the only thing I really want on GS, and TBH, not enough to spend the cc's, I did decorate one on the pts, and liked it, but I'm not too pushed about a live one.

I've gotten altuur to 50, and used him as a tank, it's funny having a sniper tank..lol. I do like some of the unique things he does, but as a comp, he's average, the Nosie he makes drives me crazy, I wish I could find that mute (mule) thread, and keep pushing for a button to mute them...lol

I remembered when I first subscribed to SWTOR when it first launched I was so excited because of all the previews/developer videos etc... I think I started on on Valen (can't remember the name) leveling a Jedi Knight on a PVP server. I can still remember being ganked on Belsavis by a Powertech who was several levels higher than me and almost beating him/her. What Republic player can't forget and laugh during the Ilum days where the Imperials would camp outside our base....the red sea of death...lol... Fast forward to today (a decade + later) I find myself not even logging on in close to a year I think. I think things went downhill when they removed 8x8. IMO it would seem BW lost interest expanding the PVP scene and a perfect example would be Ilum. It was promoted as a kill-or-be-killed planet but after a few months it was scrapped to the amusement park that it is now. The original battlegrounds were ok but I was disappointed with how slow newer ones were introduced. The raiding aspect was & still great along with the flashpoints.

Anyways....the real reason why I posted is to find out what I would lose if I unsubscribe? At the moment I have my own personal guild and l think close to 500k credits. What can I do or not have as a FTP? Is having a Preferred account cheaper because I really don't want to lose what I've worked for playing this game. Besides WoW this is my second MMO and I really hope to come back and enjoy the world of Star Wars. In before some sarcastic comment...pretty sure I can google this and find out on my own but I would prefer first-hand information from players who've left or went Preferred or FTP.

I/snip.

as long as you are the only person in the guild, you'll still hold the guild. But you have to be the only person in it, or the other people in it, have to be preff. The guild will become F2P, and no one will be able to access the credits in it, even if they have the guild perk unlocked for F2P.

Credits can be put in your legacy cargo hold , which can hold a lot. But you'll only be able to hold a max of 1 mill on each toon. Most of the stuf you lose as a sub, you can get back with cc's, or from the gtn.

There are a few limits, no more ops, you have to be a sub for ops, it can't be fudged like WZ's can, nor are the ops passes around anymore :(

WZ's you get 10 per char, but this can be fudged, (supposedly) if you queue with a sub. HAve always been a sub, and rarely pvp'd so I haven't done this.

some of the char stuff costs more than 1 million to unlock, so once you go pref, you won't be able to do that.

So grab all the legacies unlocks before you cancel.

I'm sure there are more that can't be countered with cc's, but nothing else pops to mind.

Edited by DarkTergon

as long as you are the only person in the guild, you'll still hold the guild. But you have to be the only person in it, or the other people in it, have to be preff. The guild will become F2P, and no one will be able to access the credits in it, even if they have the guild perk unlocked for F2P.

Credits can be put in your legacy cargo hold , which can hold a lot. But you'll only be able to hold a max of 1 mill on each toon. Most of the stuf you lose as a sub, you can get back with cc's, or from the gtn.

There are a few limits, no more ops, you have to be a sub for ops, it can't be fudged like WZ's can, nor are the ops passes around anymore :(

WZ's you get 10 per char, but this can be fudged, (supposedly) if you queue with a sub. HAve always been a sub, and rarely pvp'd so I haven't done this.

some of the char stuff costs more than 1 million to unlock, so once you go pref, you won't be able to do that.

So grab all the legacies unlocks before you cancel.

I'm sure there are more that can't be countered with cc's, but nothing else pops to mind.

Thanks for the feedback...

I missed the Founder title, but in general I agree completely. Tthe only differences being I don't mind the swoop racing and I actually enjoy GSF (even if I may scream when I get paired with a squadron of absolute potatoes). I'll never do PvP content and Seasons isn't going to convince me.

I'm also not sure everyone understands a season runs for five months. Even if you're F2P, so long as you log in 4 times a week to claim the login rewards (the season points are day 4 if I'm remembering right), do only half the dailies each week (which is NOT hard), and only one of the weeklies every week, you'll still be sitting at 546 out of 800 points by the end of it. Do the same as a subscriber, you'll end up with 861 (and it takes 800 to complete).

And honestly, given the way the missions are spread across different types of content, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be able to get roughly that far at minimum. Even the "Kill X number of enemies on X worlds" dailies aren't ridiculous numbers. It was 75 the last I looked, and they can be done on any planet in the given sector.

If anyone doesn't want to do that, and they don't want to do daily missions (e.g. Rishi, Black Hole, Oricon, etc), and they don't want to do heroics, and they don't want to do flashpoints, and they don't want to do GSF, and they don't want to do operations, *and* they don't want to do PVP...why are they playing, exactly? I can get not liking a few of those--I've never done a single Operation or warzone--but if you don't want to do ANY of them, that's throwing out the bulk of the game's content besides just story missions. And even those would at least check off the dailies about killing enemies!

You are forgetting that there are NO solo weeklies, so you shouldn't count any weekly points into how doable GS is for all playstyles.

I don't think you are understanding the issue many people have with GS. Few people are entertained by repeating ANY content 160 times to get a little bit of fluff, especially since most of these objectives are things we've already been repeating ad nauseum for 10 years. It's quite true, it's not hard to do heroics 4 days a week, but my god, could it be more boring? A smattering of GSF, PvP, heroics and kill quests are fine now and then, but to do them day in and day out for months on end is boring as hell. Even if we could pick and choose our objectives from the very limited list of things to do, it's no where near enough variety to be enjoyable.

And pssst... a lot of people do play this game just for the story. All the rest is filler. GS stands in the way of playing for story. (The odds of having a quest on the same planet you got for a PO is very, very low.) GS is a chore and nothing more.

I found it was well worth the cash to buy my way out of it. I wanted the fluff, but GS completely killed my enjoyment of the game. I was teetering on the edge of quitting entirely. I'm sure that was Bioware's plan, to make GS so tedious few would finish it without coughing up cash or credits. They succeeded.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Founder ... I'm out, too.

• 10 months later...
Some people will still do those gsf and pvp matches, no matter how much they hate it, and that will probably tell the devs they did the right decision. However this will lead to same issues we had with Ossus gear grind, when people were practially forced into content they didn't like: people complaining about other people who are useless and ruining their game. I also joined a gsf match and was flying around without actually doing anything, died a couple of times I think and I didn't even see what or who hit me. I didn't run into an asteroid, that much I understood about steering the ship, but I also had no idea what I was supposed to do, what those abilities would do and so on. So I was being carried and I couldn't care less. Had it been content I actually enjoy playing, I would have been ashamed for not doing that to the group, but since I'm not in it voluntarily, I don't care about the results. Same with pvp. I did the few required matches, didn't care about objectives, didn't care about winning or losing, I was just waiting for it to be over because I didn't want to be there.

If I'll continue doing CQ some day, I'll be doing exactly the same thing with gsf, because that's the only activity where you don't actually have to do anything to gain points. I can even play something else on another computer at the same time.

I'd rather have PO's that I enjoy doing, but since there aren't that many options, I'll just hang around through the GS objectives I need without contributing to something I don't like. If I would contribute or at least do my best, that would also mean I approve the design, and I strongly disagree with it.

See, this is the exact selfish sc*mbag behavior that destroys online games. With an attitude like that you should go play single player games and stop making the game worse for other people because of some egoistic "protest" against the current gearing system.

I wonder if you also go to parties in real life just to make them miserable for everyone simply because you actually hate going to parties.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.