Darth Rivix Appreciation Thread <3 <3 <3 haters make your own!

Sarova

• 1 month later...

i played the enclave Fp with both so far but i have to say i enjoyed the Imp side much more beause Rivix is in it.

I want him as a flirt option too and even as a companion.he is really charming something like the male Lana Beniko sith.

he look like a intresting chrachter i want to know more about him.hope he has a bigger part in the legacy of the sith fp and a lot more romanc scenes.I don't want that this become are you are traitor? no i could never be thing agian we had enouge about this and i hope bioware see the potenial in this also would Arn be a great romance for the jedi.

cyborg boyfriend yes ^^ and that would be fair for both sides.:o

i played the enclave Fp with both so far but i have to say i enjoyed the Imp side much more beause Rivix is in it.

I want him as a flirt option too and even as a companion.he is really charming something like the male Lana Beniko sith.

he look like a intresting chrachter i want to know more about him.hope he has a bigger part in the legacy of the sith fp and a lot more romanc scenes.I don't want that this become are you are traitor? no i could never be thing agian we had enouge about this and i hope bioware see the potenial in this also would Arn be a great romance for the jedi.

cyborg boyfriend yes ^^ and that would be fair for both sides.:o

They mentioned in a livestream that a romance was being considered for Arn, however they descended into jokes about Rivix killing in you in your sleep when we requested he become a romance. Here's hoping they give us what we've asked for (Rivix as a romanceable permanent companion) because we really need a male force using romance available to all Empire-side characters that's not Arcann.

They mentioned in a livestream that a romance was being considered for Arn, however they descended into jokes about Rivix killing in you in your sleep when we requested he become a romance. Here's hoping they give us what we've asked for (Rivix as a romanceable permanent companion) because we really need a male force using romance available to all Empire-side characters that's not Arcann.

Funny they weren't worried about "killing you in your sleep" with Kaliyo, dark Jaessa, or Lana...I guess it's only silly when it's something straight women or gay men want. When it's something hetero guys want it's fine and legit.

Funny they weren't worried about "killing you in your sleep" with Kaliyo, dark Jaessa, or Lana...I guess it's only silly when it's something straight women or gay men want. When it's something hetero guys want it's fine and legit.

There are many instances in the game where this appears true but I don't think the voice actor or devs meant anything sinister or insulting toward us with regard to Rivix. I think they were joking with us about how dark & duplicitous Rivix is and how we wouldn't be able to work out where his loyalties are, without giving too much away about the next update. Now we've run it, it makes sense; we still have no idea what he's really up to but for some of us that's an attraction - we play sith or dark characters for a reason! I believe they had no idea how popular Rivix would be with some of us. Both him and Darth Krovos are a lot more interesting then I expected them to be.

It's a good thing he's pretty, because d*mn he's a lazy healer.

If you were unlucky enough to get him before they fixed his influence level (so he was set at 1) and had no gifts with you to increase it, then he really was a bad healer. If you have him at his true level 25 influence and he's still bad, then he's probably contemplating the best way to kill/ruin you and take over your alliance but appear innocent :D Or he's side-tracked thinking about how damn fine he is or better still, how damn fine your character is!

Darth Rivix + the button marked "skip all that Eternal Throne nonsense" are what convinced me to resub to this game for the foreseeable future.

Well played, BioWare. Well played.

Well played indeed. They have me suckered into continuing my sub mostly because of Rivix. I'd love to "skip all that Eternal Throne nonsense" on all my alts but some of the LI interactions/reunions are too good to skip. It would be better if they'd let us choose individual chapters to skip.

They should just make all available companions romance-able after KOTET.

Spend a few bucks to record some simple dialogue, and let the players go wild.

Heck, make the romances impermanent so the heroes can rekindle old flames or change their minds later.

Could even expand the process to include special quests to "win them over", or re-win them, etc...

I'd love to "skip all that Eternal Throne nonsense" on all my alts but some of the LI interactions/reunions are too good to skip.

Since I'm resubbed now, I'll probably eventually slog through enough of KotFE to get the two LIs back that I'm missing (Aric and Torian) before hitting the skip button on those alts. Everyone else has been reunited, huzzah!

The real question is whether to make an entirely new boosted character simply to flirt with Darth Fenris - er, Rivix - since both my mains are fully devoted to Theron. Hmm....

I'm all for more Troy Baker :)

Indigo is voiced by Troy Baker? :eek: That's some voice range.

They should just make all available companions romance-able after KOTET.

Spend a few bucks to record some simple dialogue, and let the players go wild.

Heck, make the romances impermanent so the heroes can rekindle old flames or change their minds later.

Could even expand the process to include special quests to "win them over", or re-win them, etc...

Sign me up. :cool: Let's be honest, the romance content is woefully lacking anyway and most has to be expanded by headcanon, so just give us the tools. Always hated that we can't change our mind after a lock-in.

About Rivix: I wish they would confirm the suspicion that he's a Zeltron. The race can't be unknown and it feels wrong that all characters besides agents are oblivious to his "special powers".

• 2 months later...
Rivix is confirmed at the very end of this interview. (Not that we were doubting) I'm just hoping they do something interesting with both Rivix and Arn. So far Arn has been a huge disappointment as a character, and especially as a potential new romance. (Please, please make a skin for Arn that isn't deep in the uncanny valley!)

Rivix is confirmed at the very end of this interview. (Not that we were doubting) I'm just hoping they do something interesting with both Rivix and Arn. So far Arn has been a huge disappointment as a character, and especially as a potential new romance. (Please, please make a skin for Arn that isn't deep in the uncanny valley!)

Which interview?

Arn is so unappealing. I think if they didn't make him as a human head plopped on a droid body with a cyborg/Terminator eyeball then it would be different. Even a different customization won't matter to me on this one.

However, Rivix has the smooth skin and the VA has a nice and attractive voice. Is it confirmed that Rivix will be romanceable or just someone to flirt with only?

Edited by Swingkittie

I'm sorry. I could have sworn I posted it!

Thanks! :)

Is it confirmed that Rivix will be romanceable or just someone to flirt with only?

This is the question we all want answers to! I'm staying subbed until I found this out (well, that and whether they sort of the Zenith romance after our 10 year wait to get him back).

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed on the Livestream: Rivix will be in 7.0 :D

Also confirmed one of the characters will be kissable but they wouldn't say which one, only that this character so had not been. Fingers crossed for it being Rivix.

Edited by Sarova

Arn is so unappealing. I think if they didn't make him as a human head plopped on a droid body with a cyborg/Terminator eyeball then it would be different. Even a different customization won't matter to me on this one.

I haven't even played this content yet and I can see from screenshots that he has a wookie wig on. I cannot unsee this now.

I haven't even played this content yet and I can see from screenshots that he has a wookie wig on. I cannot unsee this now.

I really hope they haven't made Arn the romanceable one over Rivix. And you're right; Arn does look likes he's wearing a wookie wig and now I can't unsee it either :eek:

Edited by Sarova

Confirmed on the Livestream: Rivix will be in 7.0 :D

Also confirmed one of the characters will be kissable but they wouldn't say which one, only that this character so had not been. Fingers crossed for it being Rivix.

My gut instinct tells me that it's Anri, because she's been around since Jedi Under Siege, so she probably gets some kind of "seniority" in the romance department. Alas, I hope that I'm wrong, because to me she's about as interesting as Pierce in Vette's body. I mean if that's the case, I'll kiss her because she's around and I don't have anything against her other than "You're not Rivix and you bore me", but *insert whine here* we've already been down the female Twi'lek/soldier/not-a-force-user route so many times. She's all the old romances, but remixed. That's 100% my pro-Rivix bias talking, but hey, we're in Rome, baby...

My gut instinct tells me that it's Anri, because she's been around since Jedi Under Siege, so she probably gets some kind of "seniority" in the romance department. Alas, I hope that I'm wrong, because to me she's about as interesting as Pierce in Vette's body. I mean if that's the case, I'll kiss her because she's around and I don't have anything against her other than "You're not Rivix and you bore me", but *insert whine here* we've already been down the female Twi'lek/soldier/not-a-force-user route so many times. She's all the old romances, but remixed. That's 100% my pro-Rivix bias talking, but hey, we're in Rome, baby...

I hope it's not her; I'm not a fan of Anri at all. Rivix or nothing! If it's Rivix as a romance, I'll forgive all the other changes they're doing in 7.0 and give BW my credit card details & life savings* :D

*accounts may be empty