Galactic Seasons

merovejec

I think it is a very promising idea to marry Login rewards with extended seasonal accomplishments and a vendor that offers a back catalogue of sub rewards. They actually hinted at something like that back in 2019 during a livestream for the Onslaught expansion. They talked about the Renown mechanic and how they were thinking about giving out seasonal rewards upon reaching specific Renown ranks during a season.

It seems like the idea for seasonal rewards has been a long standing one and that they decided not to merge them with the Renown mechanic but with the Login Rewards. I approve, but I hope that they also try to think of ideas about how to sweeten the Renown mechanic.

i dont know why people need 150 companions.

Is saying:

I don't know why people need to play PvP.

I don't know why people need 10 strongholds.

I don't know why people need to be in guilds.

I don't know why people need to buy stuff off the cartel market.

I don't know why people need to craft.

I don't know why people need to play GSF.

Asking such questions is an act of validating other player's play styles and/or what other players want out of the game against your own play style and what you want out of the game.

Focus on yourself.

Edited by xordevoreaux

it's done by passively playing the game...

if you dont want to do it you don't have to

Yes, I get that, but why make achievements which you cannot do faster and have to simply wait it out for months and years? Achievements up till now have been gotten either by luck, grind or skill. This is something completely different as it only requires to login, but you cannot accelerate it.

I'd have thought you would've reconciled with the fact that SWTOR is just LOTRO with a more updated SW spin.

Good thing I never played LOTRO then :)

This is mostly feasible for them as the achievement hunters and completionists are holding themselves as hostages.

Well this would mean that BIoware has noticed an increased number of achievement hunters. Which is nice and fine, it seems that people are trying to find a purpose in playing the game. But as you said, making them sub just for this??

I take it we don't remember DvL, which took "months and months" and whose content people to this day scream for, namely certain companions from it.

Heh not really, we had that done quite fast. The only issue was DvL bosses, but people got together to kill those fast too. That wasnt a problem, but that is the creativity which I miss here!

Alot of whining here lol. Bioware is not forcing anyone to play these new features.

People whine over far more simple things in this game, so I told to myself, why not? Why shouldnt a player who played the game since beta and invested more than 12k euro in this game speak his mind?

I like the idea of Galactic Seasons. We'll see how the rewards look.

If its just gonna be rewards then im fine with it, but I hope they dont add achievements for it.

I lost count how many times the gearing/progression system got reworked/"augmented".

Gear is something else, I do get that, its something which games like this need. People take the gear grind as content and its fine. Without that the game would really be a bore.

Agreed. Get additional free stuff for playing the game that I have been playing is OK with me!

Like I said, im fine with the free stuff, but not fine with the achievements that will come along with it. Login rewards are also fine, but the achievements that come with it, are made to take over a year to complete, with no way of doing it faster.

On the other hand, I just found the part of the news where it says you will be able to catch up and even jump forward with the season stuff using credits or cartel coins. So if there will be achievements and they will be purchasable with cartel coins then I am fine with it.

Might as well introduce that for all achievements :D

Edited by merovejec

On the other hand, I just found the part of the news where it says you will be able to catch up and even jump forward with the season stuff using credits or cartel coins. So if there will be achievements and they will be purchasable with cartel coins then I am fine with it.

Might as well introduce that for all achievements :D

you might not get the achievement if you do that though. We've no idea what evil mechanisms they are planning....:D

Is saying:

I don't know why people need to play PvP.

I don't know why people need 10 strongholds.

I don't know why people need to be in guilds.

I don't know why people need to buy stuff off the cartel market.

I don't know why people need to craft.

I don't know why people need to play GSF.

Asking such questions is an act of validating other player's play styles and/or what other players want out of the game against your own play style and what you want out of the game.

Focus on yourself.

so you dont 99% any of them and just barbie doll them and forget about them or what

and please dont get triggered over a thought

Edited by GeneralGyro

I do like that, but what if it's stuff I don't like to do, and it stops me getting said rewards? I know they said some stuff can be skipped, and I've no problem paying credits to skip it, but what if it's CC's only to skip. Again, it's a wait and see :)

Yes, again by no means do I think the execution of this can't be flawed but the core idea is great. Thankfully they mentioned each day will hold two objectives, so hopefully there will be a variety of stuff to do throughout the weeks in order to farm the galactic season points.

? What CM items drop? :eek:

Yes indeed ~its called Lothric~, or at least they did. Its very rare though especially in story mode, but I remember Tyth's pike dropping, Nahut's cannon too. Or if you mean in the Galactic Seasons:

Silver Cartel Weapon Crate

Contains 1 Silver quality Cartel Market weapon from a selection of previous Cartel Market Weapons currently not available for direct purchase.

Silver Cartel Armor Crate

Contains 1 full Silver quality Cartel Market armor set from a selection of previous Cartel Market Armors currently not available for direct purchase.

Silver Cartel Mount Crate

Contains 1 Silver quality Cartel Market mount from a selection of previous Cartel Market Mounts currently not available for direct purchase.

How about getting more new content. What has passed for new content is honestly, shockingly sad compared to what other games pump out.

For the game listed above they added content in line with a show on a streaming service. New content and new sources of money for the company. The mandalorian was/is hugely popular. Where is the advertising? Where is the tie ins? I swear it's like bioware is allergic to making money because there have been soooooo many misses over the years.

NEW CONTENT. Who even asked for a reskin of character sheet or amps? Add more new content. More people would play and log in if there was more new stuff to do.

If the amount of content the game has is not enough for you, you are always welcome to leave to a game that does have enough content for your liking.

Are you serious:rak_02: Do you think Bioware has any power over things like the Mandalorian:rak_02: They're already cashing in on it with new Mandalorian armor sets and exploring a Mandalorian civil war storyline within the game, the tie-ins they could make are already here.

Yes indeed ~its called Lothric~, or at least they did. Its very rare though especially in story mode, but I remember Tyth's pike dropping, Nahut's cannon too. Or if you mean in the Galactic Seasons:

No, I meant in the op, it's cool they drop.

I think the notion that this is just adding another grind for old content is a legitimate one. It is what it is - this game has very limited resources and there is no indication that this will change. It's an old game and it's just not worth it for EA to heavily invest into it anymore.

Seasons are not adding much new - only additional avenues to get certain items. Even the makeb gazebo gets recycled and as happy as I am (as probably many players who love decorating) to possibly be able to obtain it, it shows how strapped for resources they are. Another example: look at the latest decoration drops from SoV. A fountain that is just an Alderaan Nobility statue and some golden chests on top of an often used fountain base or a weapon stand that's just a mandalorian weapon rack attached to their standard weapon rack base with some ammunition tacked on at the sides. The effort just doesn't seem to be there. I think this is less of a sign of "not caring" but just not having the time/resources to do better.

The game is not quite in "sunset" or "life support" mode but something close to it. I have made my peace with that fact and enjoy whatever they release, even if it's just tiny story additions and a couple of new items.

Edited by Mongorr

I think the notion that this is just adding another grind for old content is a legitimate one. It is what it is - this game has very limited resources and there is no indication that this will change. It's an old game and it's just not worth it for EA to heavily invest into it anymore.

Seasons are not adding much new - only additional avenues to get certain items. Even the makeb gazebo gets recycled and as happy as I am (as probably many players who love decorating) to possibly be able to obtain it, it shows how strapped for resources they are. Another example: look at the latest decoration drops from SoV. A fountain that is just an Alderaan Nobility statue and some golden chests on top of an often used fountain base or a weapon stand that's just a mandalorian weapon rack attached to their standard weapon rack base with some ammunition tacked on at the sides. The effort just doesn't seem to be there. I think this is less of a sign of "not caring" but just not having the time/resources to do better.

The game is not quite in "sunset" or "life support" mode but something close to it. I have made my peace with that fact and enjoy whatever they release, even if it's just tiny story additions and a couple of new items.

you do know that they also have a new flashpoint and story coming right? that is the games bread and butter. this galactic seasons is just an extension of the daily logins

you do know that they also have a new flashpoint and story coming right? that is the games bread and butter. this galactic seasons is just an extension of the daily logins

Yes, as usual the update will bring a minor story addition of maybe - an hour? - and a flashpoint. That seems to be roughly the amount of new content we can expect by now.

Yes, as usual the update will bring a minor story addition of maybe - an hour? - and a flashpoint. That seems to be roughly the amount of new content we can expect by now.

we did get an expansion after the same updates we got after KOTET, iokath, nathema, chiss ascendancy, umbara, etc etc, those exactly the same as what we get now, emperor story, now mando story, chunky updates across the year

we did get an expansion after the same updates we got after KOTET, iokath, nathema, chiss ascendancy, umbara, etc etc, those exactly the same as what we get now, emperor story, now mando story, chunky updates across the year

Yeah, the "updates" have gotten the meaning of a bit of story and one flashpoint.

No, I meant in the op, it's cool they drop.

Oh, I see. Yeah its pretty neat, if anything its something I feel should've been done earlier. Imagine if you downed something like Revan from Temple of Sacrifice and you had a very very very tiny tiny change of his set or lightsaber dropping, with a higher but still very very very tiny tiny change of it dropping on Veteran Mode.

Game isn't in that state, or near it, if it was we'd just get shut down. So long as it remains profitable, it'll keep getting content.

Edited by FlameYOL

I've never been a fan of timed 'exclusive' rewards. There's people frustrated that they won't be able to get some manner of shiny anymore, and I want everyone to be able to get (be it a gift or a reward) the things they want if at all possible, but then when BW makes a lot of noise about bringing some fancy reward back and I already have it, that just makes it feel like the fact that I've been here all this time makes me... not matter enough to also get something.

That's basically my opinion on the matter of exclusive/timed rewards as it was discussed on these forums not very long ago. The reason I bring it up now is because this system seems to overlap a lot with some of the suggested solutions. It's not what I would have gone with, but as long as they keep adding new stuff to it, and don't just rely on old rewards, then what they're doing is combining a solution for some of the frustrations regarding exclusive rewards with a system designed to keep people occupied with old content.

I was already occupied with old content anyway, so.. I am cautiously optimistic about this system. I will have to see it in progress before I can be sure whether I like it, but getting shinies for playing the game while my friends that started playing later can finally get things they've wanted for years, it sounds like a nice idea to me.