So I just canceled my account, but

Neloth

You might think this is your garden variety QQ the game sucks thread, no, I love the game and enjoy it alot, I've been a TOR fanboi since October 2008 and still am in a way.

The thing is it just feels a tad unfinished, I want to save my enjoyment to when more features are in and more of the bugs are ironed out.

Specifically here's a list of things that annoy me, some might be "working as intended" if so then so be it, I can deal with it but the sum of it all makes it a tad much for me;

- No auto stack in inventory or storage

- I can't romance Ashara since I made the mistake of rolling a female

- Mail to alts bugged

- Can't mail to other faction alts

- GTN horrible interface

+ Disappears if open any other window

+ Bad filtering options

+ Can't search by name alone

+ Only 2 days listing time

- Abilities too expensive except for slicing "exploiters", especially if you craft

- Cant change legacy name

- Not good enough LFG tool

- Too many items can be bought for tokens, makes crafting almost useless

- UI is lacking

- No relics for gray side, gray get left out

- Can't change AC

So that's what bugs me the most, I'm sure I'll be back when I see things getting in place

laters

*EDIT*

*Common question 1*

"Why bother with QQing?? Just leave instead!!"

I like to give feedback before I go so the devs can improve if they find my feedback useful

*Common question 2*

"Give me your stuff!!"

I would need my stuff for when I come back when things have settled ;)

*Common question 3*

"It's only been a few days geez dood"

Yes, and I'm not satisfied, hence my leave of absence

Edited by Neloth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, I'll save the entertainment for when the game is more complete, besides it's one of the few ways to send a clear message.

Imagine if every gamer would think like that, WoW wouldn't be here.

Actually, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. too bad people didnt do it in 2004 xD

Many of your items I will agree with... But I would refer you to your sig and the genius Bill Cosby..

We should never be allowed to change our AC.. That is our class.. If they made us choose our class before level 1.. We wouldn't be having this conversation.. The simple fact that we got a preview and 10 levels to think about it, people seem to think we should be able to change it..

Again, much of the other stuff I agree with.. :)

BW should just add a series of questions for those who cancell their account and ask the leaving customer to give more details about why he's leaving.

But now that we're forced to read this (well sort of), I can only say that I wouldn't have thought that those kind of problems could be so gamebreaking.

I keep being surprised on this forum.

Aww a new mmo with a few (child diseases) better go back to WoW who has 7 years of development under his belt and come back when SWTOR had some more time to advance.

What are you expecting anyway ? that a brand new mmo does not contain bugs or hickups at birth ?

Or all WoW features at launch ? i dont want a LFR or LFD it kills any sense of community.

WoW killed their own community what is left are unpatient battleground hero's and zero's and gearscore fanatics that burn and scream as hard as they can to hurt you.

I hope none of the wow features makes it into SWTOR.

If i wanted that i be better of playing WoW itself :p

seeing you already cancelled your account, goodluck on the other side.

Like wine a mmo needs to ripe with age.

You will stop giving BioWare money in order for them to fix things?

Yes, makes sense.

If the lacking income from a series of cancelled subscriptions becomes a greater detractor to their overall profits, than the income provided from one subscription is less likely to get things fixed, by continuing to pay

You might think this is your garden variety QQ the game sucks thread, no, I love the game and enjoy it alot, I've been a TOR fanboi since October 2008 and still am in a way.

The thing is it just feels a tad unfinished, I want to save my enjoyment to when more features are in and more of the bugs are ironed out.

Specifically here's a list of things that annoy me, some might be "working as intended" if so then so be it, I can deal with it but the sum of it all makes it a tad much for me;

- No auto stack in inventory or storage

- I can't romance Ashara since I made the mistake of rolling a female

- Mail to alts bugged

- Can't mail to other faction alts

- GTN horrible interface

+ Disappears if open any other window

+ Bad filtering options

+ Can't search by name alone

+ Only 2 days listing time

- Abilities too expensive except for slicing "exploiters", especially if you craft

- Cant change legacy name

- Not good enough LFG tool

- Too many items can be bought for tokens, makes crafting almost useless

- No keybind for target previous enemy

- No relics for gray side, gray get left out

- Can't change AC

So that's what bugs me the most, I'm sure I'll be back when I see things getting in place

laters

Too bad.. I'm loving the game. It's a pity you didn't get your girl on girl action you were after.. hey but I hear goldshire is calling

of your list you have maybe one or two petty complaints but dude seriously.. ragequitting over stuff like cannot change AC

and if you are such a fanboy how come you didn't know same sex relationships were not in at launch?

Edited by corbanite

Imagine if every gamer would think like that, WoW wouldn't be here.

Actually, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. too bad people didnt do it in 2004 xD

Remember RealID? When it first happened in WoW? They were going to put your real name on the forums? Enough people cancelled their accounts with that specific complaint that they posted on their forums "our bad, we aren't shaking hands with facebook anymore. Please come back" and then everyone did.

So yeah... it does send a clear message.

Remember RealID? When it first happened in WoW? They were going to put your real name on the forums? Enough people cancelled their accounts with that specific complaint that they posted on their forums "our bad, we aren't shaking hands with facebook anymore. Please come back" and then everyone did.

Agree

Only way to hurt is the pocket only thing they understand, OP understand what you are saying this was released to early should have been held back and does have a lot of simple things missing which MMO require to build a community.

Sounds like you straight up want some ez-mode mate.

Getting money is not hard in this game, im level 30 & have 3 crew skills over 200, expanded my inv and bought my speeder. Then i have like 20k left over with all skills trained, even ones i dont use!

I don't think you realize the difference between the stuff on OP's list and the identity problem you describe.

If you really want to prove anything with the real ID example then please dont spread false fact´s.

The truth is, Real ID was cancelled in its original state because it was a security risk. It was possible to find out where Blizz employs did live, if they had family, the names of the children, school degree etc. The Community manager Bashiok did post his Real ID and minutes later his whole life was presented in the forum.

Because of this, Blizz did decide to make it optional - and not because people said they might cancel.

Regarding the OP, I think wow is your game and SWTOR is not a game for you.

you might think this is your garden variety qq the game sucks thread, no, i love the game and enjoy it alot, i've been a tor fanboi since october 2008 and still am in a way.

The thing is it just feels a tad unfinished, i want to save my enjoyment to when more features are in and more of the bugs are ironed out.

Specifically here's a list of things that annoy me, some might be "working as intended" if so then so be it, i can deal with it but the sum of it all makes it a tad much for me;

- no auto stack in inventory or storage

- i can't romance ashara since i made the mistake of rolling a female

- mail to alts bugged

- can't mail to other faction alts

- gtn horrible interface

+ disappears if open any other window

+ bad filtering options

+ can't search by name alone

+ only 2 days listing time

- abilities too expensive except for slicing "exploiters", especially if you craft

- cant change legacy name

- not good enough lfg tool

- too many items can be bought for tokens, makes crafting almost useless

- no keybind for target previous enemy

- no relics for gray side, gray get left out

- can't change ac

so that's what bugs me the most, i'm sure i'll be back when i see things getting in place

laters

lmao goooooodbbbbyeeeee!

Aww a new mmo with a few (child diseases) better go back to WoW who has 7 years of development under his belt and come back when SWTOR had some more time to advance.

What are you expecting anyway ? that a brand new mmo does not contain bugs or hickups at birth ?

Or all WoW features at launch ? i dont want a LFR or LFD it kills any sense of community.

WoW killed their own community what is left are unpatient battleground hero's and zero's and gearscore fanatics that burn and scream as hard as they can to hurt you.

I hope none of the wow features makes it into SWTOR.

If i wanted that i be better of playing WoW itself :p

seeing you already cancelled your account, goodluck on the other side.

Like wine a mmo needs to ripe with age.

Yes it's new, that's why I chose to let it mature abit before playing it more. BTW I've never played WoW, just SWG, AoC, Eve and a few others.

Sounds like you straight up want some ez-mode mate.

Getting money is not hard in this game, im level 30 & have 3 crew skills over 200, expanded my inv and bought my speeder. Then i have like 20k left over with all skills trained, even ones i dont use!

I don't want easy mode, I just want more balance, the fact that some are rich and others can barely scrape by (tons of threads on that topic already) while still spending sparingly shows imbalance. The other things are about making it enjoyable instead of getting in the way with annoying mechanics.

You will stop giving BioWare money in order for them to fix things?

Yes, makes sense.

The investors crack their whips at the studio when customers start going away, sometimes that whip is an atomic bomb. Studios keep investors happy by keeping customers happy. The OP is doing the correct thing to achieve his/her goals, the changes above may not come but at least it pressurizes for change to occur.

More power to you OP, you're not insane like some want to believe.

I'm sure I'll be back when I see things getting in place

laters

If only the rest of the whining impatient people took your lead. Ya basically have three options

1)Quit.

2)Go do something else while the fixes come out.

3)Play the game buggy while the fixes come out.

Note - Whining is not a valid option. Kudos OP for actually making a decision.