Conquest Crafting Changes

ChrisSchmidt

Except for crafters. Imo there's only three main reasons people subscribe to this game, pvp, ops or crafting. Also obviously when new content drops but that happens rarely, I only subscribe when new content drops because I'm already invested in the story. Crafters have just been pretty much nuked and they will either have to change their methods of gaining conquest or they'll just unsubscribe and find another game where they can craft.

I do not see this as an absolute win in regards to the crafters.

People also subscribe to play space barbies and pve story. At least that’s what we do in between my crafting and GTN trading.

And let’s not forget the RP population who make their own content.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you 100%. Unsubscribing is the way to go. As we all know, Bioware is only allowed to do Star Wars till the end of 2022, they are basically forced to kill the game off. I think, the upcoming changes are an incentive for people to leave the game early. Conquest crafting changes are their way to make goodbye easier for us players.

Are you suggesting all of us that are against these changes should unsubscribe?

The numbers being bandied about as how many points are being generated by crafting are pure fantasy. As an example, 10 million Conquest points would require you under the current system to complete the Crafting:inventor objective over 5300 times (10,000,000/1875 = 5333.33).

Assuming you go with the cheapest crafted item, each item is 6 mats (4 gather-able ones and 2 that are only available with credits or with crew missions - which cost credits to run). Completing the objective 5333 times requires over 266,000 crafted items which equates to over a million green mats and 500,000 white mats.

Not at all. Currently each item crafted counts, so you can get 6-7 points into the 50 point objective in a single craft. And once you've crafted them, you deconstruct. And those mats can be bought from the GTN or Jawa Scraps, for really cheap. (Edit: don't forget about crits on the attachments too)

I ran some testing on this yesterday so here's how it goes:

8x Level 50 companions w/ Efficiency from Amplifiers: 1 minute crafts for T2 Blue Adrenals, average 6.5 items per craft. So that's 50 crafts, or the objective, PER MINUTE. If automated by a bot, that's 100k points an hour. Maybe 80k if you also craft the T2 attachments (which take like no time to craft).

For 10 million CQ points it would cost about 20mil credits and a LOT of clicking, which bots can handle and reach within 5 days of using one client, or one day if using 5 clients.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I disagree because Bioware have logs and certain behaviour and time logged in can raise flags for them to investigate.

It would not be unreasonable to assume someone who sat at there desk for 24 hours clicking to craft without a break is a bot, flag 1. And then if that persons account showed they were logged in like that for 7 days, flag 2, it would prove one of two things. Ie, they are either botting or sharing their account (which is also against the tos).

Even with technology or trying to randomise something, it can never truely be randomised and a pattern would evolve overtime. This is something Bioware can investigate, the same as they investigate win traders in ranked pvp.

Surely Bioware have smart enough coders who can write something to sort the logs to look for these flags and then a human can take it one step further to vet the information?

Regardless, even if Bioware have difficulty or feeling too lazy to investigate properly, they do not need to nuke conquest crafting into the ground with these changes. Because as has been pointed out, it was people using the lowest grade mats and craft stacking to cheat. It wasn’t farming mats on planets, it wasn’t people making war supplies or invasion forces or dark projects or crafting the mats needed to make those because you need ALL mats from grade 4 to grade 11 to craft in that manner.

Bioware could easily have capped the repeatable for mats below grade 4 and make the change to stacks like they’ve done. Then they could have monitored the situation. There was no need to nuke everything for everyone because of some bad apples. If they want to follow that policy then they need to remove repeatable GSF, pvp and anything else that’s repeatable to make it fair and make sure people aren’t cheating the system. Because there are ways to automate that behaviour too.

I get that some undesirables were obviously doing the wrong thing. But Bioware is being hasty and over reactive in these extreme measures to silence a mob. And that said mob then comes to the forums to silence our concerns is appalling,

While I agree they shouldn't change crafting like they are, (and I seldom craft to be honest) I wouldn't suggest BW nuke all content the same way either. Remember when Conquest was not alt friendly? I do. I didn't do conquest at all back then, simply because it was a chore.

If they removed all of the infinite repeatables, I would once again completely ignore conquest.

E/snip

Unless you are sitting beside every single person in this game, or have some magic tool, that connects to everyone else's computer, then no, you have no idea how they play. You may know some, but not all.

Being a founder means diddly squat, it doesn't mean you know how others play, what enjoyment they get out of the game, etc. It's supposed to be a multifaceted game.

As for unsubscribing, you'd be surprised why people do it, we've already had some unsub because of what is happening.

@jackieQ, @Ericmusco @ChrisSchmidt

Can this farce of a thread be cleared of the <redacted> please.

Not at all. Currently each item crafted counts, so you can get 6-7 points into the 50 point objective in a single craft. And once you've crafted them, you deconstruct. And those mats can be bought from the GTN or Jawa Scraps, for really cheap. (Edit: don't forget about crits on the attachments too)

I ran some testing on this yesterday so here's how it goes:

8x Level 50 companions w/ Efficiency from Amplifiers: 1 minute crafts for T2 Blue Adrenals, average 6.5 items per craft. So that's 50 crafts, or the objective, PER MINUTE. If automated by a bot, that's 100k points an hour. Maybe 80k if you also craft the T2 attachments (which take like no time to craft).

For 10 million CQ points it would cost about 20mil credits and a LOT of clicking, which bots can handle and reach within 5 days of using one client, or one day if using 5 clients.

I did look at that one but in my opinion, crafting at that rate is unsustainable for that item. It requires 2 of a blue mat that can be acquired one of three ways. It can be gained from crew missions, that yields 7-14 mats per mission (since the mission takes about a minute and a half that's about 9/minute and 1200+ credits per mission) while you are consuming them at 16 per minute and each companion you personally have running those missions reduces the yield from crafting (and you can't queue crew missions on companions, it's one mission per companion). So now you have 2 people supporting crafting those 10 million conquest points. They can be bought on the GTN but looking at it this morning the entire supply on the GTN would not last more than a few cycles, certainly not more than an hour (and is about 3000 credits per component). That leaves you with blue jawa scrap/junk and buying them from a vendor at 2 scrap per/mat. If you bought 100,000 blue mats that would be 200,000 jawa scrap/junk. I'm not sure about most players but I've played the game since launch and don't have anywhere near that much blue jawa junk/scrap even with basically just storing it as garbage and not using it. Blue scrap is reasonably prevalent at about 1 per 2 or 3 green from deconstructs (but does require you to deconstruct gear which requires someone to be doing something other than crafting (further diluting the points per character).

I just don't see how the crafting rates you are mentioning could be sustained for more than a couple of hours before completely exhausting your supply even taking into account deconstructing which returns about 50% of materials. Crits are +1 item for crafting items (not double) so 7 is the maximum you will generate per crafting event.

/snip.

Just to add, that if these mats were being bought on the gtn to keep up with such crafting, they would have sky rocketed like the other mats used in CQ. So I doubt people are buying them from the GTN, if botting is going on, they aren't getting their materials from the gtn

I did look at that one but in my opinion, crafting at that rate is unsustainable for that item. It requires 2 of a blue mat that can be acquired one of three ways. It can be gained from crew missions, that yields 7-14 mats per mission (since the mission takes about a minute and a half that's about 9/minute and 1200+ credits per mission) while you are consuming them at 16 per minute and each companion you personally have running those missions reduces the yield from crafting (and you can't queue crew missions on companions, it's one mission per companion). So now you have 2 people supporting crafting those 10 million conquest points. They can be bought on the GTN but looking at it this morning the entire supply on the GTN would not last more than a few cycles, certainly not more than an hour (and is about 3000 credits per component). That leaves you with blue jawa scrap/junk and buying them from a vendor at 2 scrap per/mat. If you bought 100,000 blue mats that would be 200,000 jawa scrap/junk. I'm not sure about most players but I've played the game since launch and don't have anywhere near that much blue jawa junk/scrap even with basically just storing it as garbage and not using it. Blue scrap is reasonably prevalent at about 1 per 2 or 3 green from deconstructs (but does require you to deconstruct gear which requires someone to be doing something other than crafting (further diluting the points per character).

I just don't see how the crafting rates you are mentioning could be sustained for more than a couple of hours before completely exhausting your supply even taking into account deconstructing which returns about 50% of materials. Crits are +1 item for crafting items (not double) so 7 is the maximum you will generate per crafting event.

Attachments crafting crits increase your rate and count towards the objective, deconstructs reduce your losses, scrap is abundant, and guild members can sell you the mats for cheap. It's also extremely fast because unlike with War Supplies you don't have to worry about selling anything to get a return on your losses.

Edited by Eli_Porter

It's not about botting or crafting.

I wasn't posting about the botting, supposed botting, just adding that IF it were happening, they weren't getting the mats from the GTN, so it's most likely, not happening, as the other poster was saying, etc.

As for the botting, supposed botting, etc. That's up to the devs :/

I wasn't posting about the botting, supposed botting, just adding that IF it were happening, they weren't getting the mats from the GTN, so it's most likely, not happening, as the other poster was saying, etc.

As for the botting, supposed botting, etc. That's up to the devs :/

You don't need harvesting bots or the GTN for mats, simply buy the mats from guild members who have a bunch of scrap laying around. This is especially effective when you only need 3 different mats (for the Inventor objective strategy) so the buyback service is streamlined.

Attachments crafting crits increase your rate and count towards the objective, deconstructs reduce your losses, scrap is abundant, and guild members can sell you the mats for cheap. It's also extremely fast because unlike with War Supplies you don't have to worry about selling anything to get a return on your losses.

All true, but it makes crafting for conquest something that no "bot" can do alone. All of that jawa scrap has to be earned by someone as do the credits. It makes it extremely unlikely there is any small guild out there challenging for the top spot using crafting as has been suggested. The ninja invite and boot strategy (which thankfully is being addressed) was a much more lucrative "exploit". Low level characters gain conquest points at a phenomenal rate. Just a couple of those ninja invites outpaces a crafter pretty quickly.

• Dev Post

This thread is now locked. Conversation here is not healthy nor is it showing any signs of improving. If the toxicity continues in other threads that discuss Conquests, we will move forward and sanction accounts accordingly.

This is a final reminder to be civil and not spread negativity regardless of your opinion on any topic.