Cartel Coin Account-wide Unlock Cost

Aersyn

The only ones where it's really silly is minipets (which are pretty silly anyway, seeing as how the game forgets which one you have out whenever you log off), and only if you want to unlock them so one other character can use them.

Think of it this way: most mounts cost a thousand plus for *one*. 60, 240, or even 400 for the ability to enable it on all your other characters on all the servers is peanuts. For armour and weapons it's even more pronounced, since you can claim as many copies as you like on each character that has them unlocked.

Apart from the exact details of this system, it seems to be quite profitable for BioWare to have it working this way in the game. Otherwise we wouldn't have a run on the two or three times a year we get a 50% discount on the unlocks.

In other words: It might discourage you to spend money, but not the entirety of the community.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Apart from the exact details of this system, it seems to be quite profitable for BioWare to have it working this way in the game. Otherwise we wouldn't have a run on the two or three times a year we get a 50% discount on the unlocks.

In other words: It might discourage you to spend money, but not the entirety of the community.

It's the main reason I save my cc's for the unlock/collection sales lol. Although, if it's something new, and I really want it, I will unlock it before the sales.

The more characters you have that you want this mount on, the more cost effective it becomes. Remember, the account wide unlock doesn't just apply to the characters you currently have or the characters on the server you do the unlock. It applies to all of the characters you might ever create on all of the servers.

Yes, i agree! The cost is way too high! It is the reason I unsubscribed! I buy a nice armor for my toons and but now got to pay a ridiculous price to unlock it account-wide! It is horrible!

Ridiculous? You think that 400CCs (less than a third of the price of another copy) is a ridiculous price to have unlimited copies on *all* your characters, present and future, on all servers?

(walks away, confused)

Steve is cynic. He doesn't mean it this way. He would be happy, if he could get stuff for free. I'm sure. Once in a while, i have to remind him.

In this context, no, I'm absolutely serious, and I meant absolutely what I said. 400 CCs to unlock everywhere for all characters you ever create both before (unless already deleted, duh) and after, on all servers, that amount is *peanuts*.

Of course I'd be happy if it was free, but the cost amounts to basically nothing, so it might as well be free.

Personally, I would LOVE to see all Cartel Market items automatically unlock account-wide when I buy them on one single toon. However, that is my desire to get stuff for free coming to the front.

I also see that buying a CM armor for 1200CCs for use on one toon, and then paying an extra 400CCs to access that on all my toons is one hell of a lot cheaper than having to pay 1200CCs on each toon that I want it on.

Bearing in mind that I can have up to 100 characters on each server (I am working on it...), paying an extra 400CCs for access to the armor for toons 2 to 100 is, frankly, a ludicrously cheap price for the option, and if I was the BW person in charge of the Cartel Market, I would be seriously looking at increasing the cost of the account-wide unlock for those types of things (pets excepted, they are just a waste of time), because I am sure the majority of the player base would pay more if they had to.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

You are certainly right. But what some of you not see is this. You all talk about this one, lone armor set. It's only 400. Right. But you fail to see, that i, and other people of course, have 97% of all cartel market items ever released. Armor Sets, mounts, weapons, companions, emotes, titles... that is a hell of a lot cartel coins. Even if i only unlock them during the discount. I could spend 20 years worth of sub-coins to unlock only half of what i have in collection. I don't think, servers are up that long.

I've 97% of the collection tabs unlocked, 2194/2252 items. A lot of them are unlocked account wide. I don't mind the costs, considering how many outifts I've unlock over the 5 servers, mounts, etc. I've all the cartel titles unlock acc wide, and use them on all chars I create, as you get exp for them, and you char goes to level 3, nearly 4, just unlocking them. I've certain mounts that I unlock on all chars, and use. I've also all the emotes, with about 80% unlocked, and TBH if there was a unlock all option, instead of clicking on each one, they'd be unlocked on all chars too. As it is, I just unlock the ones I use the most, and others, when needed.

I don't mind the cc's, if it's too much, I wait till the unlock sales, and get them then. If they remove the unlock options, they will then increase CC costs for items, which will probably adversely affect the amount of stuff I can/will buy

Edited by DarkTergon

Might as well titles this request "EA stop taking my money"... you realize they are making a killing off Cartel Coins. Doing this would make them much less profitable. They used to have a once a year sale on unlocks. They haven't in a couple years (at least when I was subbed) My guess is they stopped having the sales because of real money. Edited by chosonman

I agree with Aersyn and Steve. Yes, it is ridiculous. Way to much. 400 coins. That are the coins you get for one month subscription. 15 €. I have to pay 15 € for something i already bought, just to use it. That is indeed ridiculous.

Agreed! they need to stop this!

Might as well titles this request "EA stop taking my money"... you realize they are making a killing off Cartel Coins. Doing this would make them much less profitable. They used to have a once a year sale on unlocks. They haven't in a couple years (at least when I was subbed) My guess is they stopped having the sales because of real money.

Er, you seem to be completely out of the loop then. The last collections unlock sale only happened less than two months ago in late november/early december. And the one before that during the Star Wars May the 4th celebration for two consecutive weeks. They even started to advertise it here on the forums and in the news section beforehand:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=986347

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20201127

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=978843

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20200504#:~:text=Collection%20Unlock%20Sale,-Due%20to%20popular&text=Between%20Monday%2C%20May%204th%20(7,favorite%20Mount%20or%20Armor%20Set

Edited by Phazonfreak

Er, you seem to be completely out of the loop then. The last collections unlock sale only happened less than two months ago in late november/early december. And the one before that during the Star Wars May the 4th celebration for two consecutive weeks. They even started to advertise it here on the forums and in the news section beforehand:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=986347

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20201127

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=978843

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20200504#:~:text=Collection%20Unlock%20Sale,-Due%20to%20popular&text=Between%20Monday%2C%20May%204th%20(7,favorite%20Mount%20or%20Armor%20Set

Yes I have! I just resubbed a month ago.

• 2 weeks later...

OP: Cost?

The cartel market, including the unlock, lowers the cost of a company maintaining a game in which people do not need to pay to play it.

The cartel market, including the unlock, motivates a company to continuing to offer a game people are playing by potentially making a profit, for a company that last time I looked, was for-profit.

Do I think some of the costs are ridiculous? Yes.

But when I expressed shock in my guild's Discord that one of my guild mates had spent $80 on the cartel market, only to have another guild member whisper to me that they just spent $300 on the cartel market, I ask you to consider: while we here on the forums may disagree with paying so much, obviously there are those who feel otherwise, and spend big on the cartel market.

Don't expect the pricing to change any time soon.

The prices are too high...even though they are a fraction of the full cost...which is kinda the bigger issue. Since the Cartel Market got introduced they updated it more than the actual game because of the profit in Micro Transactions. This is EA after all. Spend less, charge more is kinda their moto.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.