Conquest Leaderboard on Darth Malgus right now - weird stuff

JattaGin

Just make sure you can only be GM with 1 guild per legacy.

Not sure what you smoked before you came up with this brilliant idea.... but people can have multiple guilds without them mixing, so if this was implemented, that would be f**ked.

/snip

Pic wouldn't load. Did you send this (unblurred) on to cs, or the community managers?

Edited by DarkTergon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short term - just action the people spamming mass guild invites unsolicited, requires no changes or development.

Longer-term - make changes to remove guild conquest points / guild XP if player leaves and / or is kicked.

Edited by DawnAskham

Another reason why I never bothered with Conquest in my guilds. It was the same mega guilds for months on the leaderboard and that alone discourages participation unless you're really about chasing down those titles and I guess the rewards, which admittedly weren't bad.

I'd just like to know why the leadership of those guilds is doing this. I understand having a mega guild or even multiple mega guilds, but there are only 3-5 planets to invade during most Conquest events. Invading the small yield planet as Shield of Destiny #10 and coming 8th doesn't get you anything special, so what's the point? Clearly it's not their awesome community. :p Edited by Tiranea

I'd just like to know why the leadership of those guilds is doing this. I understand having a mega guild or even multiple mega guilds, but there are only 3-5 planets to invade during most Conquest events. Invading the small yield planet as Shield of Destiny #10 and coming 8th doesn't get you anything special, so what's the point? Clearly it's not their awesome community. :p

I have been thinking about this too. On my server, Star Forge, the #2 guild that is only about 8 months old is doing the same. All I can think is that perhaps it has a lot to do with low self esteem and perhaps a form of escape-ism to create a virtual environment where they can control others, and in that, feel much better about themselves. One can speculate that their real lives could be miserable and they feel rather helpless and worthless perhaps. It must be terrible. These people usually also spend most or all of their own real money to keep their addiction going, and as with most other addictions, they will spend all their money to try and create a feeling of self worth and in that make their real lives even more miserable in the end. They usually bring this very sick mentality into their virtual community too, where they think paying new players for everything will let them win and get that #1 spot.

Normally I would have empathy for these people, but they are using innocent players to feed their own ambitions/addiction, and that is just wrong IMO. It took the #1 guild on SF years of hard work and dedication and lots of tears and sacrifices to build a friendly community where people can feel they are part of a family and are treated as such. These poor addicts don't care about the work and dedication it takes, all they want is immediate satisfaction and they don't care how destructive they are.

Short term - just action the people spamming mass guild invites unsolicited, requires no changes or development.

Longer-term - make changes to remove guild conquest points / guild XP if player leaves and / or is kicked.

Agreed!

Another reason why I never bothered with Conquest in my guilds. It was the same mega guilds for months on the leaderboard and that alone discourages participation unless you're really about chasing down those titles and I guess the rewards, which admittedly weren't bad.

no, it doesn't discourage participation. CQ is about more than reaching 1. It's about getting the required points, and getting the extra rewards for everyone in the guild, and getting Flagship plans to open up your ship. Getting no 1, is a bonus, not the end goal. only one guild can get No 1, so should all other guilds stop?

I'd just like to know why the leadership of those guilds is doing this. I understand having a mega guild or even multiple mega guilds, but there are only 3-5 planets to invade during most Conquest events. Invading the small yield planet as Shield of Destiny #10 and coming 8th doesn't get you anything special, so what's the point? Clearly it's not their awesome community. :p

Some people are just <redacted> and like to ruin thinks for other people. Look at all the 'drama' between some of the big guilds. People who are supposed to be adults, behaving worse than spoilt kids.

I have been thinking about this too. On my server, Star Forge, the #2 guild that is only about 8 months old is doing the same. /snip .

Fully agree

Edited by DarkTergon

Assumption: They use this to level guilds as conquest points drive guild XP.