The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

QOL issues you would like to see Bioware address

EllieAnne

A simple pair of additions for all crafting professions:

[Amplifier Kit MK-1Q] for QoL amps

and

[Amplifier Kit Mk-1C] for Combat Amps

So that we can add the relevant amplifier slots to shell's of the appropriate type that predate their introduction, such as shells from the alliance alert crates, cartel market outfits and weapons, etc

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o Fix the camera spaz bug. Not game breaking, just utterly annoying.

o Allow the user to select certain items from collections that already have been unlocked across the account

EDIT: Certain pieces from sets within collections

o Change the dye system to something of GW2.

o Allow an option to load preset keybinds.

o Allow more characters to be shown in the character select screen.

----- Not so much a QOL for all, but for my own selfish reasons----

o Powertech pretty much has only one ability that uses their pistol, Rapid Shots. Either give them access to Vibroblades or just remove the pistol. Why you would release a Mandalorian Sword "Beskad" and prevent the closest class to a Mandalorian from using it is beyond me. I really hate the fact that they made Powertech into a Iron Man/War Machine role...

Edited by Foxrynn
Clarification

Anyone else bothered that the new reward "Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes" has the potential to give out dyes that you can make on an Artifice character? I mean, I was hoping to get some rare dyes, not things I can make for some jawa junk and 15 seconds of labor. I'd like that fixed.

Anyone else bothered that the new reward "Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes" has the potential to give out dyes that you can make on an Artifice character? I mean, I was hoping to get some rare dyes, not things I can make for some jawa junk and 15 seconds of labor. I'd like that fixed.

When it said 'premium' dyes, I stupidly thought it meant cartel ones, not ones I can make myself.....another fib from kai (BW).

Another QOL issue is no more drive-by community management in the forum. We occassionally get a response to a thread then nothing for weeks. For example we have a thread going on about the PvP win-only situation and except for a comment at the beginning expressing interest and an explanation of why they did it, the CMs have been completely silent on it. Is it really too much to expect at least one CM whose job it is to monitor the forums and on these large issues keep in contact with the player base?

Another QOL issue is no more drive-by community management in the forum. We occassionally get a response to a thread then nothing for weeks. For example we have a thread going on about the PvP win-only situation and except for a comment at the beginning expressing interest and an explanation of why they did it, the CMs have been completely silent on it. Is it really too much to expect at least one CM whose job it is to monitor the forums and on these large issues keep in contact with the player base?

I don't think they actually care about our opinion on, for example, the pvp win only absurdity. They've made their decision, decided it was best for us, and we can just deal with it. Sometimes this is true, the devs do know better; sometimes (I'd argue most of the time) this is frankly ludicrous and negative feedback shouldn't be ignored.

That said, we have ourselves to blame, in part. There were mountains of complaints about no one trying to win. That said, I dont remember anyone saying to make losses not count at all.

o Allow the user to select certain items from collections that already have been unlocked across the account

you need to clarify the intent of the ask as this is how collections already functions

o Allow an option to load preset keybinds.

already exists

- CTRL+P

> Key Bindings (change /set desired keybinds)

> Starfighter Keybinds (more of the same)

> Keybinding Import/Export (save /load the above keybinds)

NOTES:

keybinds, UI layouts (and character chat layouts /settings) are client side and system specific, so what you set up on one will not be transferred to another unless you do it manually.

If you want to transfer these settings, you have to navigate to:

%localappdata%

(exactly as typed, %'s and all - this will take you right into the appdata\local folder without having to mess with permissions as some other instructions will direct)

and copy the swtor folder to a USB drive and then to the same location of the other system(s)

(this also leaves you a backup of your local files in case your system goes belly up and you need to recover)

if you are not familiar with this process:

1. copy the text in the above code box
  2. press WIN+R to open the run window
  3. paste and hit enter

WARNING: if you already have the target system(s) configured, especially if you are using a non-standard /custom resolution, you may want to go into SWTOR\swtor\settings on the USB drive and remove the client_settings.ini file before you copy the rest over

(I keep zips of the files for each system for backup, but that is entirely personal preference)

Edited by Kaveat

you need to clarify the intent of the ask as this is how collections already functions

Ideally I should be able to just pull a certain piece from the collection that's already unlocked account wide. If I just want the Resilient Warden's Boots, I don't want to have to pull the whole armor set from collection then have to throw away 6/7 pieces just for the boots... and if this is a function that's already in the game, I have not seen it nor can I find a way to do it.

Edited my original post for better clarification.

already exists

- CTRL+P

> Key Bindings (change /set desired keybinds)

> Starfighter Keybinds (more of the same)

> Keybinding Import/Export (save /load the above keybinds)

Messing with files is something I dread doing. Yes, it's a workaround and a lot faster in the long run if I only use one style, but what I'm asking for is something like a preset capability that works like the interface editor. I can load different sets of keybinds depending on the class I play.

My idea would probably only help people who create/delete alts regularly and will probably never see this added.

I

Messing with files is something I dread doing. Yes, it's a workaround and a lot faster in the long run if I only use one style, but what I'm asking for is something like a preset capability that works like the interface editor. I can load different sets of keybinds depending on the class I play.

You don't have to mess with files, that was just for sharing keybinds (and other settings) between computers. I have 5 right now, and load whichever one is the best for the class when I create a new character.

It's just preferences -> keybinds -> the very last tab in that window has an option to save the current keybinds under whatever name you want. That same tab lets you load a set of saved keybinds onto any character.

(A 'save the quickbar layout' for swapping between specs would be fantastic, but we are probably never getting that one.)

You don't have to mess with files, that was just for sharing keybinds (and other settings) between computers. I have 5 right now, and load whichever one is the best for the class when I create a new character.

It's just preferences -> keybinds -> the very last tab in that window has an option to save the current keybinds under whatever name you want. That same tab lets you load a set of saved keybinds onto any character.

(A 'save the quickbar layout' for swapping between specs would be fantastic, but we are probably never getting that one.)

Well I'm dumb...

I never noticed this existed. Thank you!

Apologies to Kaveat as well, totally brushed off his willingness to help. My ignorance really showed :(

Edited by Foxrynn
Clarification

add an option to keep harvested materials in your inventory bay instead of automatic direct deposit into the materials stash

add "track" ticks for personal and guild CQ progress to be shown in the achievement tracker

when tracking rollover CQ objectives (harvesting, crafting, etc), make them stick as they roll over

Edited by Kaveat

Most of my QoL issues surround SH decorating, and there's plenty of threads in that sub-forum without me rehashing it all here, but I will mention my #1 pet peeve is how companions that I've placed as decorations show as holograms to anyone (including myself on a different character) if you don't have that companion. Not to mention that any outfit customization I've done is lost on the viewer. It drives me insane, and it breaks immersion.

If you have Paxton Rall but I don't, I should still see him in all his mercenary glory if you've placed him in your SH. Not some ridiculous hologram.

If you've got the Hutt armor customization on your HK-51, I should see that when I'm looking at your HK-51 if you've placed him in your SH.

The only time a companion should appear as a hologram as a SH decoration is if you have the exact same companion with you when you tour that SH.

Is it so hard for them to properly code and fix this?

Edited by Mournblood

M

If you have Paxton Rall but I don't, I should still see him in all his mercenary glory if you've placed him in your SH. Not some ridiculous hologram.

If you've got the Hutt armor customization on your HK-51, I should see that when I'm looking at your HK-51 if you've placed him in your SH.

The only time a companion should appear as a hologram as a SH decoration is if you have the exact same companion with you when you tour that SH.

Is it so hard for them to properly code and fix this?

Fully agree 👍👍👍👍👍

...my #1 pet peeve is how companions that I've placed as decorations show as holograms to anyone (including myself on a different character) if you don't have that companion...

I’m not opposed as such, but the reason seems to be that the game treats them differently. For example, I was able to throw a snowball at a regular companion figure in a SH and have it be effective. Same thing on a hologram companion didn’t take.

SWTOR companions /= fallout mod mannequins

if they could somehow manage to clone the FO4 settlement system into SWTOR SH's (and not manage to screw it up in the process)... but, this is BW. the odds of such an occurrence are right up there with improbable natural events and sweepstakes winnings.

Ohhhh, knew I forgot one.

On GSF, can we have a button to press to target that player right in front of us rather than having to tab multiple times?

I haven't gone through all the replies, but default E will target the enemy under your cursor, which in GSF in pretty much in front of you.

For QOL, I would like to be able to see conquest progress on the character screen, or just a complete character screen overhaul.

If being unrealistic, I would like free placement of items in the strongholds rather than the outdated hook system :D

(1)

Move the intro/outro quests for ops out of phased areas.

If you have already done the ops before, recognize that and let us go straight to the outro.

I believe this sort of thing is already done for the Czerka flashpoint story chain, and I would like to see it for the ops intro/outro quests as well.

(2)

Make the macrobinoculars and seeker droid quests (i.e., the final ones) solo-able. It is too tedious to try to form a party to do it, even in large busy guilds.

(2)

Make the macrobinoculars and seeker droid quests (i.e., the final ones) solo-able. It is too tedious to try to form a party to do it, even in large busy guilds.

They are soloable, mostly, what they need to do is take away that damn stupid 4 person puzzle. With that gone, most of us would be fine.

A couple of "log in" items come to mind regarding the screen that shows our list of characters currently shows the location of each as well as their level (ie. Location: Onderon / lvl: 75). IMO it would be VERY helpful to list a couple more items:

A). Renown Rank / progress (right now as it stands it is necessary to log in to each individual character / alt and see manually what those levels are.

B). Item rating on each character / alt. Same reason as above.

EDIT:

Please add one more item:

Tech fragment cap needs to be raised to a high enough level to at least be able to purchase a matching set of armor (to gain the set bonus) at the fleet supply area.

IIRC that should be at or about 21000. Frankly 30K would be better !

Edited by OlBuzzard

I have 3 on my wishlist, a small one, a medium one, and a large one.

The small one, capitalizing the first letter of the second name of a character in the chat window. It's bothered me from the day we were allowed to start using spaces to make names.

The medium one, adding a character restoration service. WoW let's you do it right from the character selection screen, you can restore one character every 7 days for free, without having to contact CS. I would go even further to say I would be okay if it was a payable service.

The large one, a revamp of the companion summoning UI. It's too large, too clunky and a pain in the butt constantly scrolling to find companions that aren't from KOTFE/ET. I always preferred the original UI better (which is still used for crafting but there was an extra button to summon each companion) but maybe we can combine the summoning UI and crafting UI together again into something a little more streamlined.

Some pretty easy :

Have the tooltip of your abilities actually update whenever you unlock a new passive. Almost every mmo was able to do this, it's a shame that this isn't the case on swtor except with some rare abilities that morphed with stances (which is proof that they can actually do it).

A smaller companion UI, maybe. The one we've got is quite large tbh and can be reworked.

An option to skips cutscenes if you've already seen them once without spamming spacebar. At least cutscenes without dialogues. This would also maybe make it interesting to have some decent introduction to most flashpoint's last boss in the form of a neat cutscene.

Make it so pressing side buttons on your mouse will actually be taken into account if you have your mouse on an ability bar. Too many times did I want to use a cooldown by pressing a side-mouse button but it didn't register because the cursor was on my ability bar. And yes, other games can do it just fine.

Some bigger ones as well :

Adding an Roleplay Flair would be neat. I believe that Final Fantasy 14 has one that you can trigger with the /rp command. It adds a neat tag above your character's head, and everytime somebody sees your name in the search window, you will have the rp symbol as well. Big help to small communities so they can find each others.

Maybe reworking some of the UI windows, so they don't make my computer freeze for a second each time I wanna check my mount tab or my legacy tab, no matter how powerfull it may be. WoW with all its addons takes less time to open a mount tab. And it's older. Just sayin'.

Having a way to tell if a debuff can be cleansed or not as well. Some games use a blue bar above or under the debuff icon to indicate that it can be cleansed. Coming from a Shadow/Sin main, it's especially frustrating sometimes to just be like "well do I try to use Shroud on this debuff to see if I can cleanse it or is it too big of a waste if I do it." And it would also help healers a lot sometimes.

And finally, change the cooldown icon of abilities that have multiple charges to make it easier to read. Currently it doesn't always indicate the cooldown of any charge that goes above 1, which is pretty bothering to say the least.

What, too few ? Alright, here's some more :rak_03: :

Allow stronghold teleportation when moving. It worked in the past, why doesn't it work now. Or even allow the opening of the quick travel tab when moving, as long as we don't move when casting quick travel.

Cross server Q, at least for servers of the same region. This would just save FR and DE servers queue time, as well as just making stuff like ranked pvp actually proc. "But what about peoples speaking different languages ?" Well, other games have the option to toggle some specific languages when searching for a PvE activity. You could basically search peoples that only speak english, or just french, or maybe both. Faster q times for everybody.

Ability to turn off friendly visual effects. I don't care how pretty Lightning Sorc's animations are, they either take too much on my computer to allow for a smooth, constant 60fps, or they just shine soooo bright that they can be a detriment to visual clarity. AoEs are already really transparent sometimes in PvE, a bit of help to see them cannot hurt.

Oh, and improving the framerate in warzone. I believe somebody once made a program for this that helped (Swtor Unleashed iirc) a lot but got shut down by the devs without them implementing what this tool provided into the game.

'k, that seems like enough, maybe I'll stop now. :rolleyes:

One that often get overlooked, but is an old ask that dates back to beta

(and apologies if I missed someone else listing this in the last 10 pages)

Different Icons for Advanced Classes!

As a bonus to this ask, to have the icon change its laurels depending on the current spec

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, since they reverted to set bonuses being on the shell instead of the armoring (which I preferred). Some tool item, preferably craftable, that could remove the set bonus from one item and allow it to be applied to another of the same slot.

eg:

> [Robes of the Gathering Storm]

>> [Whatchamacallit Prybar]

- tool to remove set bonus from item and apply it to an item of the same slot

> [Remnant Dreadguard Inquisitor's Robe]

Why? I miss being able to sort my sets at a glance, not having to mouse over every item because one set looks exactly like all the others (you know, those 2 sets of each maintained by many depending on wither we are doing sync or non-sync content). I would like the option to have my sets be (for example) Remnant Dreadguard for non-sync content, and Remnant Resurrected for sync content.

Of course, this would imply that they are already making the previously suggested [Amplifier Kit] tool for old legacy sets too...

Edited by Kaveat

I believe somebody once made a program for this that helped (Swtor Unleashed iirc) a lot but got shut down by the devs without them implementing what this tool provided into the game.

that was indeed an awesome utility, and while the devs may have been very OCD in shutting it down, it would have been more PC and user friendly to take the hint and allow some more flexibility in each users unique system performance.

along that vein, allowing players to turn off player effects (many of which are over the top as it is) would be the next 'logical' step, but we already know that 'logic' is a bad word in their vocabulary.