What the farble is a "Bio-Bacta Tank" and why won't it go in my materials storage?

SteveTheCynic

It's the last day of the week, so I got my login reward for week 1. OK, 5 bundles of Purple Sparkle Powder, approximately useless, but at least it is what it says it is.

The other thing is a bag of Grade 3 materials, which included a stack of two "Bio-Bacta Tank". These won't go in my materials storage (there's no slot for them), and the Internet is notably sparse of information about it.

So, once again, we find that the Daily Login Rewards aren't very ... rewarding. (The worst part is that these things aren't useful for new players at all, since they won't have any of the ancient schematics, and even the players who do have them probably can't use them.)

It's the last day of the week, so I got my login reward for week 1. OK, 5 bundles of Purple Sparkle Powder, approximately useless, but at least it is what it says it is.

The other thing is a bag of Grade 3 materials, which included a stack of two "Bio-Bacta Tank". These won't go in my materials storage (there's no slot for them), and the Internet is notably sparse of information about it.

So, once again, we find that the Daily Login Rewards aren't very ... rewarding. (The worst part is that these things aren't useful for new players at all, since they won't have any of the ancient schematics, and even the players who do have them probably can't use them.)

Dang, though this was going to be some new deco or something. I didn't even look at the rewards...lol, just dumped them in the legacy bank.

This is a weird one. I got this mat as well and the Bio-Bacta Tank lists itself as "Grade 3 Medical Equipment". The problem with that is there are two (ish) sources for "Medical Equipment":

Bioanalysis uses "Medical Equipment" as its supplemental material, ie the white quality mats you can get from the crew skill vendor. The grade 3 version of that is Hemosponge. The Bio-Bacta Tank is Prototype (blue) quality anyway, so it doesn't fit here.

Diplomacy has "Medical Supplies", which could fit. Grade 10/11 materials for this are mislabelled as "Medical Equipment" instead of "Medical Supplies". However, the grade 3 Prototype mat for that is Neuro-Stimulator.

From what I can tell, this isn't a new item, so my best guess is it's an obsolete material that wasn't removed? Hopefully Bioware can shed some light on it.

It's BoL, can't be sold :/

This isn't the case, actually. The lockbox and bag were probably BoL, but the mat itself isn't. I just listed it on the GTN myself to confirm.

T

This isn't the case, actually. The lockbox and bag were probably BoL, but the mat itself isn't. I just listed it on the GTN myself to confirm.

That's good to know, although I seem to have lost mine, thought I threw it in the legacy bank....lol, and I've no idea what char collected it...lol

This is a weird one. I got this mat as well and the Bio-Bacta Tank lists itself as "Grade 3 Medical Equipment". The problem with that is there are two (ish) sources for "Medical Equipment":

Correct, but...

Bioanalysis uses "Medical Equipment" as its supplemental material, ie the white quality mats you can get from the crew skill vendor. The grade 3 version of that is Hemosponge. The Bio-Bacta Tank is Prototype (blue) quality anyway, so it doesn't fit here.

Biochemistry (crafting), not Bioanalysis (gathering).

Diplomacy has "Medical Supplies", which could fit. Grade 10/11 materials for this are mislabelled as "Medical Equipment" instead of "Medical Supplies". However, the grade 3 Prototype mat for that is Neuro-Stimulator.

The *current* Grade 3 blue, you mean, because...

From what I can tell, this isn't a new item, so my best guess is it's an obsolete material that wasn't removed? Hopefully Bioware can shed some light on it.

It is indeed very old - various sites whose names I won't mention, but which clearly present datamined information, say that it was added to the game in 1.0.0, i.e. when it was released.

Biochemistry (crafting), not Bioanalysis (gathering).

Correct, "uses" was the wrong word to use on my part. My intent was that it's a Bioanalysis mat, and thus Bioanalysis is the source of that particular kind of "Medical Equipment".

The *current* Grade 3 blue, you mean, because...

It is indeed very old - various sites whose names I won't mention, but which clearly present datamined information, say that it was added to the game in 1.0.0, i.e. when it was released.

The Grade 3 blue mat currently in the game (Neuro-Stimulator) is also from 1.0.0, per those sites, so I don't think there was ever a switch. More likely, from what I've dug up, is that the "Medical Equipment" mats like this one were never made available (before now) but were left in the files. That could also kind of explain why the Grade 11 Diplomacy mats (not Grade 10, not sure why I was thinking Grade 10 was the same earlier, but I double checked and it's not) are labelled as "Medical Equipment" instead of "Medical Supplies". Remnants of unused mats, like the Bio-Bacta Tank, are hanging around in those files and the devs confused the label because of it.

I'm not sure what's considered "datamined" info so I'm going to leave my digging there. Hopefully the devs see this issue and give some insight on it or at least fix it in some way.

Correct, "uses" was the wrong word to use on my part. My intent was that it's a Bioanalysis mat, and thus Bioanalysis is the source of that particular kind of "Medical Equipment".

The Grade 3 blue mat currently in the game (Neuro-Stimulator) is also from 1.0.0, per those sites, so I don't think there was ever a switch. More likely, from what I've dug up, is that the "Medical Equipment" mats like this one were never made available (before now) but were left in the files. That could also kind of explain why the Grade 11 Diplomacy mats (not Grade 10, not sure why I was thinking Grade 10 was the same earlier, but I double checked and it's not) are labelled as "Medical Equipment" instead of "Medical Supplies". Remnants of unused mats, like the Bio-Bacta Tank, are hanging around in those files and the devs confused the label because of it.

I'm not sure what's considered "datamined" info so I'm going to leave my digging there. Hopefully the devs see this issue and give some insight on it or at least fix it in some way.

Nvm errors abound

Edited by phalczen

But we still don't have an answer for what (if anything) we can craft from it.

Biochems used to be able to use it to craft a tier 3 prototype item (a healing stim iirc, with what would now be very underwhelming performance), but it was removed from the game in the first Biochem schematic rework, and anyone who had that schematic at the time had it moved into a legacy crafting category, along with all the other useless junk that had previously been either interesting or useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Some older materials were accidentally included as a part of the Material Bags for Login Rewards. These materials include T’pala Paste, Dermaseal, Bio-Bacta Tank, and Narco-mist. This was unintentional as these materials are currently not used in the game.

These materials should be sold to a vendor. With an upcoming update the materials will be renamed to ‘Obsolete Crafting Materials’, and will no longer be included in the Login Reward materials bags.

...These materials should be sold to a vendor. With an upcoming update the materials will be renamed to ‘Obsolete Crafting Materials’, and will no longer be included in the Login Reward materials bags.

So if you got handed a steaming poodoo, after "a future update", it will still be a steaming poodoo, just by a new name

wonderful clarity in the 'rewards system" where 99% of the items being rewarded did not just fall off the back of a passing speeder, they were intentionally ejected from a garbage scow as even the trash service no longer takes them

but hey, if we polish it enough, you are glad to be 'awarded' some of it, right? (and here i thought they were kidding when someone suggested one of the dev's had a bad regifting experience and is now taking it out on the players...)

Edited by Kaveat

So if you got handed a steaming poodoo, after "a future update", it will still be a steaming poodoo, just by a new name

wonderful clarity in the 'rewards system" where 99% of the items being rewarded did not just fall off the back of a passing speeder, they were intentionally ejected from a garbage scow as even the trash service no longer takes them

but hey, if we polish it enough, you are glad to be 'awarded' some of it, right? (and here i thought they were kidding when someone suggested one of the dev's had a bad regifting experience and is now taking it out on the players...)

lol, no, I think they are renaming it so it won't appear in the rewards, but instead we'll get useable stuff. Well, maybe useable for some. lol

Jawa Junk should be storable in the Crafting Materials inventory

I agree :) Also...

you can exchange jawa junk for the better jawa junk, ie, green to blue to purple...... you should be able to do the reverse.

Purple to blue to green. I use green a lot more than the others, lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.