Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback

CommunityTeam

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back and thought about rewards I would like and find worth the effort.

The ones I'm most interested in are at the top:

* Cartel coins

* Cartel certificates

* Reward tokens -- KDY Construction Kits, Recovered Relics, etc.

* Event tokens -- Gray Helix Components, Rakghoul DNA Canisters, Symbiotic Fungal Bloom, Exotic Plague Specimen, Barnacle of the Eyeless, Iokath power shards, and swoop racing tokens.

* Reputation tokens for the factions that are harder to complete or take a lot of grind, such as Galactic Solutions Industries, Imperial First Mobile Fleet, Imperial Forward Command, and Republic equivalents.

* Tech fragments

* Social XP boosters

* Credits (at least 25k)

Edited by Xina_LA

I've taken the time to read over this carefully. My own observations:

*** UI ***

Please make this customizable. I really would hate to see all of the GOOD stuff be overshadowed with another item that catches a lot of unnecessary flak. Yes, that sort of thing is more time consuming to design but in the end the feed back from the community at large will be MUCH better. Yes ... some will gripe regardless. But that's another matter. A customizable UI (like the main UI) would be ideal.

***Rewards***

??? Really? PvP will not matter to me. Regardless. Sorry. There should be equal availability for either PvP or PvE. I do think that what you are doing for the PvP community is to be commended. But don't forget the other half of the community.

The nature of the rewards frankly is somewhat ... well ... almost useless to many (my apologies ... but I'm guessing you'd prefer the truth). Several good suggestions for better rewards have been made. Some of my own might be:

** certificates that could be saved up for :

1. Companions customization packs that have yet to be made (some REALLY nice ones). These would be BOP not BOE (that should keep them off the GTN)

2. Really nice and unusual SH items. (Also BOP)

3. Specific gear mods / enhancements that are NOT RNG (these might take a while to earn)... also BOP !

4. No pets please ( I like them .... but have plenty !)

5. A unique selection of mounts to choose from ( might even review some that aren't currently available ) ALSO BOP !

6. MAYBE a "vendor" that we could use at one of our SH to select rewards from as we need or desire to ??

7. Periodic review of the rewards system. Someone might just hit the nail on the head and come up with a real winner that a LOT of folks would like ... ( HEY !! Stranger things have been known to happen!! )

[EDIT: all rewards should be BOP / Legacy... sorry I flat forgot this earlier]

I really didn't want to answer this right up front. Wanted to "mull it over" a bit first.

Come to think of it ... there is one other thing that I would like (for me personally) to add to the list !

That shinny new space station strong hold I've been askin' for !

:D:D:D:D:D

OK ... maybe not for this reward !

But now that I do have your attention:

Above all please review over ALL of these replies. I do believe that the team is trying to find some additional means of showing appreciation for "logging in" ... Just please take the time to take all of the suggestions made here to heart !

EDITED ... (again)

Edited by OlBuzzard

• Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

Yep.

• Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

This is my first experience with login rewards, so I don’t really have a frame of reference, but after a week, I don’t feel like I’ve received much additional value. I realize that balancing rewards that are useful to new players and veteran players alike is an impossible task, but currently they are skewing very hard towards being new player friendly. That’s fine, but expect veteran players to complain like they’ve gotten socks for Christmas.

That said the rewards are pretty weak even for new players. White quality companion gifts are nearly worthless these days and a few jawa junk won’t really help anyone raise their crafting skill. As for the credit tokens, the absolute last thing SWTOR’s economy needs is more money pumped into it, whether it’s 1k or 100k.

• Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

The end of the week rewards were the only ones that piqued my interest. A free bit of valor isn’t bad and the purple sparkle powder is something fun and unique. However, 5 powder does not last long at all. I’d trade all those white companion gifts for a few more powders.

• In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?

The only rewards I’d consider valuable are the ones I can’t get elsewhere. I simply don’t need poor quality companion gifts and I have stacks and stacks of jawa junk clogging my cargo bay already.

A daily reward of an extra fleet pass, or quick travel to a world boss location or a token that I can use from some extra renown or conquest points or social points could come in handy without being game breaking.

I’m not saying I expect platinum quality CM loot just for logging on everyday, but so far the most of the rewards seem like stuff I’m going to get anyway just playing anyway. More of the same doesn’t really feel like a reward.

I’d welcome extra tokens from the Gree/Rakghoul/etc events. CM Certs are nice, but I’d also hope the Cartel Bazaar vendors get updated as well. The Market’s backlog is deep enough that more stuff could be put on the vendors. Some of the old sets are ridiculously expensive simply because they haven’t been available for a long time. This is especially true of decorations that haven’t been available since their packs were discontinued.

There is also a lot of retired gear that could be reintroduced to players: old flashpoint and operations sets that were removed when the ops were scaled and the flashpoints level synced. There are also tons of level 48-50 recipes that were removed from the trainers during Fallen Empire. Giving players new cosmetic stuff to craft or trade on the GTN is always a good thing.

And, yes, every once in a while, there are should be something freaking awesome, something unique to the rewards system, something other players will stop and notice and want, something at least on par with top tier CM loot: a cool armor set or selection of weapons or an over-the-top mount. Pull out all the stops.

• After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

I guess my main question is this: is the new system designed for brand new players or more veteran players?

Is the reward system account based or legacy based? If I have characters on other servers will I have to log on to them daily as well?

• There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I’m certain encouraging anticipation is the main goal of the system. “If I keep logging for x more days, I’ll get that cool thing!” Right? That means the thing does need to be cool. Obviously, there is no one thing that all players will want, so the system should be cycling in different rewards to wanted by different types of players.

Look, it was cool to get purple sparkle powder on the PTS today, because SPARKLE POWDER!!!!!, but I understand others not giving a flip about it.

Edited by Galandro

Hi all!

First and foremost, thank you for the excellent feedback regarding Login Rewards. I would like to go over some points I have seen and talk a little more about them!

More Unique Rewards

Our goal with the Login Reward system is to allow itself to continually cycle between the Reward Calendars. As such, the rewards are intentionally designed to include consumable-style items all players can use, rather than (one-time) unique items. Adding unique rewards to the Reward Calendars is not currently in our plans for the Login Reward system all players will have access to.

That being said, we know that these unique rewards are what you want to see!

One place you may find unique rewards appear is in the Weekly Subscriber Bonus Reward track. We have designed the back end (developer side) of this specific reward track to allow us flexibility to provide more robust (and unique) rewards versus that of the shared Login Reward track. In addition, we have further plans of ways to provide exciting and exclusive unique rewards, which...well….we can’t go into that yet, but the Login Reward System is the first step in a larger whole!

Changing Reward Calendars

One of the points we have seen is in regards to the Reward Calendars, and feeling like you are stuck into one you may not find value in (for instance, you are a PvE centric player who gets the “Aggressive Negotiations” Reward Calendar). As I mentioned in my last post, the reward structure for all Reward Calendars is almost identical, save for the Calendar-Defining rewards. This was intended to alleviate this, but the concern is valid.

I would like to clarify that the Reward Calendars will never immediately repeat themselves - once you complete a Reward Calendar, you will not (and cannot) be immediately put into that same Reward Calendar. Rather, you will be given a new Reward Calendar based on the remaining two Reward Calendars. For example, I completed the ‘Strength In Allies’ Reward Calendar, and will then move into either the ‘Aggressive Negotiations’ or the ‘United Efforts’ Reward Calendars. I will never have two of the same Reward Calendars back-to-back.

That being the case we have been discussing additional options for this, and will continue to monitor feedback regarding it.

Thank you all again!

The following seems unnecessarily complicated and still based on RNG.

I would like to clarify that the Reward Calendars will never immediately repeat themselves - once you complete a Reward Calendar, you will not (and cannot) be immediately put into that same Reward Calendar. Rather, you will be given a new Reward Calendar based on the remaining two Reward Calendars. For example, I completed the ‘Strength In Allies’ Reward Calendar, and will then move into either the ‘Aggressive Negotiations’ or the ‘United Efforts’ Reward Calendars. I will never have two of the same Reward Calendars back-to-back.

This can be made player-friendly very easily, so people can plan their game-playing. Create a fixed sequence of calendars - eliminate RNG. For example: ‘Aggressive Negotiations’, ‘Strength In Allies’, ‘United Efforts’. In that order always.

Thank you for your response.

I think I can understand why you want to reserve the unique reward for the weekly subscriber. That actually makes sense to reward your subscribers for their subscription. Yes, I know some will say well you get cartel coins, but having a special reward for subscribers that log on actually makes sense.

Thank you for your response.

I think I can understand why you want to reserve the unique reward for the weekly subscriber. That actually makes sense to reward your subscribers for their subscription. Yes, I know some will say well you get cartel coins, but having a special reward for subscribers that log on actually makes sense.

Well said : +1 support !

Additional input ... It's good to review and listen to feed back. (Even if mine is a bit off the beaten path ... from time to time )

As for the CC ... as long as we can save them up and have access to that "something special" ... that works for me !

IMO ... there has been a lot of good ideas and suggestions kicked around this time !!

One place you may find unique rewards appear is in the Weekly Subscriber Bonus Reward track. We have designed the back end (developer side) of this specific reward track to allow us flexibility to provide more robust (and unique) rewards versus that of the shared Login Reward track. In addition, we have further plans of ways to provide exciting and exclusive unique rewards, which...well….we can’t go into that yet, but the Login Reward System is the first step in a larger whole!

My suggestion would be to add unique desirable armor sets or cool mounts to these weekly subscriber bonus rewards. Something that you can only get through this track. Consumables are nice, I have jawa junk coming out of my ears, but you really want to get my attention mounts and armor sets get them, make them unique to the subscriber rewards system and you have something that will hold me a lot longer than more jawa junk

My suggestion would be to add unique desirable armor sets or cool mounts to these weekly subscriber bonus rewards. Something that you can only get through this track. Consumables are nice, I have jawa junk coming out of my ears, but you really want to get my attention mounts and armor sets get them, make them unique to the subscriber rewards system and you have something that will hold me a lot longer than more jawa junk

IMO ... the single biggest objection that have (and have seen) with both tech fragments and Jawa junk is finding something that is really desirable or useful to spend them on.

This is true without adding more of the same "rewards" with no real substantial "outlet" to want or desire !

IF there were a "vendor" designated with a better list of items to choose from (when spending Jawa junk or tech fragments) that would help tremendously. That list might include the following:

** an assortment of unique mounts

** an assortment of unique decos for SH

** specialized / unique armor (with better than normal graphics)

** specialized / unique weapons

** a VERY special companion (???) Customizable ??

** an assortment of companion options (hair styles / color ... etc.)

It should be noted that a prerequisite for using the "vendor" would be the "subscriber" category (as defined by the team).

IMO ... you want folks to "get excited about " using the "rewards" ... then fill the pantry with really nice and desirable stuff.

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

IMO ... the single biggest objection that have (and have seen) with both tech fragments and Jawa junk is finding something that is really desirable or useful to spend them on.

This is true without adding more of the same "rewards" with no real substantial "outlet" to want or desire !

IF there were a "vendor" designated with a better list of items to choose from (when spending Jawa junk or tech fragments) that would help tremendously. That list might include the following:

It should be noted that a prerequisite for using the "vendor" would be the "subscriber" category (as defined by the team).

IMO ... you want folks to "get excited about " using the "rewards" ... then fill the pantry with really nice and desirable stuff.

;)

I like this idea as you really don't want my opinion on some of the old armor sets. 90% of them I hated and was so glad when the cartel shop came around as I could finally get armor that I liked.

Edited by casirabit

I like this idea as you really don't want my opinion on some of the old armor sets. 90% of them I hated and was so glad when the cartel shop came around as I could finally get armor that I liked.

YUP !!

The graphics part of the team is really producing some amazing stuff when they set their minds to it !!

I say ... turn their creativity loose and see what they can do !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

I just wanted to thank you, David, for the responsiveness and addressing concerns. I've really appreciated it -- and, as a last little suggestion, I would love to see the weekly Subscriber rewards really hone in on fun, unique rewards for players.

I would like to emphasize that I don't understand why the RNG prevention on calendars works the way it does. While it's good I'll never get an immediate repeat, I don't understand why it can't be done in such a way that I'll never get a repeat until I've completed all three. I think it would feel very unfun, for example, to get Strength in Allies every other week, and seemingly never get access to one of the three calendars.

Thanks for what you do. :)

Edited by jedimasterjac

;)

Good ideas :D

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

Yes

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

Not with the current rewards

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

The calendar idea is interesting and seems like it will work, makes a change from the normal count of days subbed these systems tend to use.

In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?

I liked the purple sparkle powder as I like fluff, and the dye pack assuming it is akin to the CM dye packs.

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

No

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I think we need better rewards to keep things interesting, generally I expect login / sub reward systems to include armour sets, weapon's, mounts and especially decorations. We need items people will actually be excited about rather than just more of the same stuff we already have and dont really need.

These rewards don't seem that exciting or relevant to me. Consumables or crafting materials or java junk doesn't sound interesting or important. Getting more jawa junk doesn't make me feel happier. Log in rewards should be somethin fun or interesting. TESO hands out cartel crates(well, equivalents) cosmetic gear, houses, expansions. When it comes to log in rewards, I think having something -fun- is more important than having something useful. Edited by Stradlin

Apart from the fact that the window itself and the icons for the different rewards are clearly unpolished, my initial thoughts are that the rewards can be very nice for new players who are leveling their characters, but they are not interesting for veteran players with fully geared endgame characters at all.

I guess this is the basic idea behind the Login rewards, but I don't feel like they are giving me any additional incentive to log in as a seasoned player of this game.

I also feel that the upgraded subscriber rewards are lacking, at least the one you are currently presenting on the PTS. I personally don't do PvP, so a Valor token is of no interest to me. Since I was especially looking forward to the bonus subscriber rewards, I was pretty disappointed.

I agree 100%

Hi all!

That being said, we know that these unique rewards are what you want to see!

One place you may find unique rewards appear is in the Weekly Subscriber Bonus Reward track.

That makes perfect sense to me. Something else worth considering is that while many other games have armour, mounts, etc, you are normally talking about long term sub bonuses for the good stuff. EQ2 for example I know I had sub rewards for 10+ years, they were unique and very worth while, as you would expect for subbing to a game for over 10 years.

Looking at weekly and monthly here, I wouldn't expect that level out of every calendar, how I would handle the good stuff would be to track how many weekly sub completions an account had achieved and base the unique/better rewards on that. We could still have consumables and fluff items that could be fun throughout the weekly/monthly calendar progress, but if you want that nice mount, that nice looking armour set... best sub up and start making sure you are hitting those weekly checkpoints! :)

Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

Yes

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

It can't hurt.

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

I couldn't find a way to preview them, so can't comment.

In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?

Companion gifts are nice, Cosmetic items that last are ok, as are credits. Social points items are useless (to me) and I have no interest whatsoever in any PvP items/rewards.

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

If I understand it right you can't select what calendar to choose and have each one forced onto you even if you have no interest in it. Most people have no interest in PvP so I can't see why the PvP (at least) wouldn't be optional. Hopefully the reviews online are incorrect.

I don't think having the three different calendars will make the system any more fresh or exciting (likely the opposite).

Best improvement I can think so far would be to give players the option to select the next calendar when the current one is completed.

Edit: I didn't realise this was the test forum when posting. Hopefully feedback from live is also reviewed.

Edited by Shinka
Spelling corrections.