Guard was not nerfed enough.

merovejec

So thats another question. Why would the sin bother reducing his damage by 50% to guard the jugg rather than using his full potential on burning the useless sorc??

I mean, how do you expect me to be able to tell you that simply by looking at the numbers. I can say the sorc was useless based on simple damage output. Maybe you guys were focusing the jugg? You want answers to situational questions we're going to need a video.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know a large portion of those protection numbers aren’t from taunts? It’s quite easy to effectively taunt when you aren’t being targeted.

Sure, thats true, but can you imagine 400k protection from taunts? Yeah it was a 3d 1h game so it could be a longer round, but still, I havent seen that yet. Mostly when its used well its somewhere between 60k and 150k. It depends on many things, mainly on how long the round goes.

I was not there, so can only speculate what happened based off of the image.

It looks like the opposing team targeted sorc/then heal.....cc heal till sorc down, then finish off heals.

Your team probably decided to tunnel jugg, cc heal. Once again, I am only speculating, but it would seem they did a better job locking up your healer. They threw up a guard on jugg and the opposing healer was probably allowed to free cast which allowed for the guarding dps to stay up.

Too me it looks like a targeting issue vs a guard issue. Tunnel healer, then jugg maybe.....IDK.....I just find it hard to believe that a dps guarding could have stayed up that long without their healer being allowed to just cast away. It looks like it also based of the numbers.

/shrug

I was not there, so can only speculate what happened based off of the image.

It looks like the opposing team targeted sorc/then heal.....cc heal till sorc down, then finish off heals.

Your team probably decided to tunnel jugg, cc heal. Once again, I am only speculating, but it would seem they did a better job locking up your healer. They threw up a guard on jugg and the opposing healer was probably allowed to free cast which allowed for the guarding dps to stay up.

Too me it looks like a targeting issue vs a guard issue. Tunnel healer, then jugg maybe.....IDK.....I just find it hard to believe that a dps guarding could have stayed up that long without their healer being allowed to just cast away. It looks like it also based of the numbers.

/shrug

Yes, that is a very good estimate of how it went. We didnt have enough cc on their healer and even if we would target him one of the sins or the jugg would guard him, making it impossible for us to kill him, as you noted, the sorc dps was not the best and we would lack the burst.

Still doesnt change the fact that guard was an important part of the whole thing.

Yes, that is a very good estimate of how it went. We didnt have enough cc on their healer and even if we would target him one of the sins or the jugg would guard him, making it impossible for us to kill him, as you noted, the sorc dps was not the best and we would lack the burst.

Still doesnt change the fact that guard was an important part of the whole thing.

I am not disputing the importance of guard in that match. In fact, I don't think I have seen that much dmg absorbed this season by a dps. I know, from first hand experience, that it is almost impossible for me to throw up a guard as a dps. You just soak up way too much dmg during an intense tunnel. (that sounded bad :()

I was speaking more along the line of strat. Your healer was at a disadvantage from the start against a good sin/shadow combo. You know just how much cc that class can dish out. Hence, all I was saying is that maybe your team, once that guard went up on jugg, immediately shift focus to the healer. Pressure, interrupt, and try to burn down both the healer and dps guarding. Might have given your sorc/healer more of a chance also.

Not being critical here. I mess up a lot also during matches myself. It just hard to say specifically that you all lost because of the guard. All I was getting at.

I’m sorry, but it’s pretty clear what happened here. Their healer ran rampant, keeping the guarding dps up for the entire fight. That Sin was able to crit to his heart’s content, doing a mountain of dps, despite his damage being cut in half. The nerf did exactly what it was supposed to do, because I’m sure that if it weren’t for the halved dps, that Sin would’ve murdered people twice as fast. This isn’t a matter of a feature needing a nerf. It’s about a skilled team that outplayed you. You want to make the point that guard needs a better nerf? Fine. Roll a dps spec with guard, go into a ranked wz, and pull those protection numbers on a consistent basis yourself. Show us that screenshot, and then you’ve got an argument.

I’m sorry, but it’s pretty clear what happened here. Their healer ran rampant, keeping the guarding dps up for the entire fight. That Sin was able to crit to his heart’s content, doing a mountain of dps, despite his damage being cut in half. The nerf did exactly what it was supposed to do, because I’m sure that if it weren’t for the halved dps, that Sin would’ve murdered people twice as fast. This isn’t a matter of a feature needing a nerf. It’s about a skilled team that outplayed you. You want to make the point that guard needs a better nerf? Fine. Roll a dps spec with guard, go into a ranked wz, and pull those protection numbers on a consistent basis yourself. Show us that screenshot, and then you’ve got an argument.

You missed the fact that the dps on the losing team went dot spec and fluffed their numbers while the other team had a burst damage that hit the target hard. Balance between dots and burst in a team is a great thing. So it's better composition, better players, an all round better team beat number fluffers that can't play unless the target is stationary and can get a pve rotation off.

Sure, thats true, but can you imagine 400k protection from taunts? Yeah it was a 3d 1h game so it could be a longer round, but still, I havent seen that yet. Mostly when its used well its somewhere between 60k and 150k. It depends on many things, mainly on how long the round goes.

Its there a video of the match? or does anyone as a video of the match they can post..

So far we can only go by what you said;

there's always two side to the story..

I have one of my taunt set on my ability bar; every time that ability is off cd is gonna cast automatically.

Don't get offend but seen to me the opposing team was more organize and slightly skillful..

And any good player allow to do his thing without been challenge is always bad news..

Someone mention that your marauder/s were over confident/your sorc didn't cast properly .. not using Ruthless Aggressor on the part of the maras..

See what happens went most of the time you're Sparring against lesser teams?? you always go down went facing an equal or greater force..

Its there a video of the match? or does anyone as a video of the match they can post..

I have one of my taunt set on my ability bar; every time that ability is off cd is gonna cast automatically.

Don't get offend but seen to me the opposing team was more organize and slightly skillful..

And any good player allow to do his thing without been challenge is always bad news..

Someone mention that your marauder/s were over confident/your sorc didn't cast properly .. not using Ruthless Aggressor on the part of the maras..

See what happens went most of the time you're Sparring against lesser teams?? you always go down went facing an equal or greater force..

Macros? Aren't they against terms and conditions?

Macros? Aren't they against terms and conditions?

They/It shouldn't be

Macros are absolute; players nowadays use the 'One bottom Ability'; and speed addons(old news) were Marauders/Assassins' travel faster than my Corvette

Anyways;

there's need to be evidence to see whether if in fact was a taunt or an ability issue..

or just simply had been outplay..

I just going with what players had posted so far.. If I would had to take a guess; base on what little information we had so far.. I'll say he was outplay..

but again and not accusing anyone; went player dedicate to the trade win business; is a proven fact they'll loose against real opposition; because they had weaken their ability to play by getting 'accustomed/used to' easy wins..

They/It shouldn't be

Macros are absolute; players nowadays use the 'One bottom Ability'; and speed addons(old news) were Marauders/Assassins' travel faster than my Corvette

Anyways;

there's need to be evidence to see whether if in fact was a taunt or an ability issue..

or just simply had been outplay..

I just going with what players had posted so far.. If I would had to take a guess; base on what little information we had so far.. I'll say he was outplay..

but again and not accusing anyone; went player dedicate to the trade win business; is a proven fact they'll loose against real opposition; because they had weaken their ability to play by getting 'accustomed/used to' easy wins..

hotkeys are mostly okay. Macro's are super against the rules. At least this one will be easy for Bioware to take care of

hotkeys are mostly okay. Macro's are super against the rules. At least this one will be easy for Bioware to take care of

Are you gonna disprove ppl by showing evidence of what happened???

is it true marauder on your team didnt know obfuscate?

Sage on your team; they say he didnt know how to dps.. is it true??

Assassin on your team didn't know how to switch targets that were not being guard.. is it true??

You do not know how to play Sorc heals.. is it true??..

And finally but not least.. is it true that only way for you to win is through Trade Win.. is it true???

all these questions are based on the previous reply from others players on this thread..

Are you gonna answer those accusations or you gonna continue making excuses for your inability to play??

My account is gonna expire in a few days.. would like to see you address all those Rumors/issues players are saying about you..

players that actually seen to know you..

Edited by Nahyeaa

Sadly I do not record my matches (at least not now) but I am already trying to get a new example, but I wasnt doing ranked for weeks now due to doing other stuff like NiM ops and swoop races. I will try to bring a better example next week to show my point.

So how about this one?

That proves that you were out dpsed again. Your teams healing was more than the other teams protection. And it also proves your on about taunt not guard again. If your guard theory is correct and it granked 3 players alternating guard that well deserves to win. If you playing solo ranking your proving everything that's wrong with solo ranked ie que fixing, luck of the draw in the queue as to whether you win or not, not balancing the classes in matchmaker.

If it is taunt then your dps did more healing than their guard protected, so it would be more fair to say take healing off dps.

By the numbers it looks more like they focused down targets, switching when a dcd was used. Again they were better players. They pressured your team reacted. You hit 4/5ths of their mara damage so obviously wasn't a strong link either kept your dps busy healing you or was so bad they didn't burn you first.

So how about this one?

Um... not even slightly.

Their tank did well over a million prot, yours did 800k. Their tank did over a million damage, yours did 700k.and on top of that your two other dps failed to break 2 mill damage when everyone other dps did (all 3 opponents and you).

Your team was out dpsed; again, despite the fact the opposing team cutting their dps.

And again, you really want to prove your point we need a video.

Ok, so now in detail.

Round 1, was fine, no issues the dps jugg just used taunts, we won the round. Round 2 went bad for us due to overconfidence and bad focus. Also no "dps guard" issues. In Round 3 it happened. We didnt even plan this, no one in the team said the tactic, but they started to tt our tank, so we did the same. The problem was that there was noone to guard our tank, but their tank got guard! So I would say the last round is a good example.

Ok, so now in detail.

Round 1, was fine, no issues the dps jugg just used taunts, we won the round. Round 2 went bad for us due to overconfidence and bad focus. Also no "dps guard" issues. In Round 3 it happened. We didnt even plan this, no one in the team said the tactic, but they started to tt our tank, so we did the same. The problem was that there was noone to guard our tank, but their tank got guard! So I would say the last round is a good example.

It's not a good example. The best example is when say, the other team has two juggs and a pt. You focus the pt, and the two juggs rotate offguard on it. There's no way to avoid someone guarding, no matter who you focus, and you won't win that match even with the guard nerfs (assuming equal skill of course, plenty of players don't even offguard, or do it badly).

The reason your example is bad is because you could avoid dps offguarding very easily by just not tank tunneling.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

It's not a good example.

How can you say so? Look at our tank, he did less dmg and 0 protection cause he was the target and no one from us could guard him. Their tank lasted longer cause he got guard, which turned the tide of the match. As you have seen we did win 1 round, so we werent useless (yes, we could have done better but thats not the point). We just didnt have the means to kill the tank cause of the guard he got from the dps jugg. We are talking about 800k protection, which their tank got and ours didnt.

How can you say so? Look at our tank, he did less dmg and 0 protection cause he was the target and no one from us could guard him. Their tank lasted longer cause he got guard, which turned the tide of the match. As you have seen we did win 1 round, so we werent useless (yes, we could have done better but thats not the point). We just didnt have the means to kill the tank cause of the guard he got from the dps jugg. We are talking about 800k protection, which their tank got and ours didnt.

He literally explained it to you after that sentence. Maybe read the whole post not just a select piece. Its rare I agree with Alex, but here I do.

Ok, so now in detail.

More to the point why do all 3 rounds say defeat? your just making it up now.

Please read points above to solve your breakdown issues. PVE rotations are best used in PVE.