Guard was not nerfed enough.

merovejec

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd listen mero, dont want a season 9 repeat :D

Would you listen to strangers in internet forums? :)

Bioware actually bans people for wintrading now. Good luck.

In my experience there is no such thing as luck.

if you dont mind me asking; what server you play?

Darth Malgus. I do play occasionally on SF, but do not have the time anymore. I have very limited time to play the game so....

So... why do you expect people to believe you, eh? After all, you're a random internet stranger posting on a forum.

Or does this advice only apply to people who disagree with you?

This forum is mainly here to get the Devs attention and for other players to either support or disagree with the statement, so I do not need you to believe me.

Please prove to us how primitive it is to get top 3.

Heh I did expect someone to come with this. I really did consider it for a while, but since its quite time consuming I realized I do not have the time for it. Next week is swoop event and I will spend all week doing it. Still need ops achievments, gear etc. There are more fun things to do in the game than chasing after this top 3 nonsence (at least for me).

Heh I did expect someone to come with this. I really did consider it for a while, but since its quite time consuming I realized I do not have the time for it. Next week is swoop event and I will spend all week doing it. Still need ops achievments, gear etc. There are more fun things to do in the game than chasing after this top 3 nonsence (at least for me).

My how your story keeps changing. One minute you're telling us you could (legit this time) be top 3, the next there's just not enough time.

And you expect to be taken seriously (unlike the other random internet strangers)?

My how your story keeps changing. One minute you're telling us you could (legit this time) be top 3, the next there's just not enough time.

And you expect to be taken seriously (unlike the other random internet strangers)?

Why would I want to be taken seriously from some unknowns on the internet? I focus on the real people around me, not on people i will never meet. It would be different, if would announce here i am going for top 3 everyone of the 30 people playing ranked on DM would be throwing the game when they would get me on their team just to mess up my rating. I can already imagine it :)

No thnx, I have better things to do.

so you played marauder in your screenshot right?

you claimed you had no stealth.

ok what is force camo then?

you claim you had no protection.

what is obfuscate then?

have you evr heard of force bound?

sorry mate but to say guard on dps should be entirely removed is like saying: all defensives need to be banned and additionally walls in arenas are unfair. lets just stand in a 4 by 4 square and hit each other.

your sorc dps sucked badly and i bet you 2 marauders did little to nothing to help him survive.

have you ever tried guarding with a sin dps?

Why would I want to be taken seriously from some unknowns on the internet? I focus on the real people around me, not on people i will never meet. It would be different, if would announce here i am going for top 3 everyone of the 30 people playing ranked on DM would be throwing the game when they would get me on their team just to mess up my rating. I can already imagine it :)

No thnx, I have better things to do.

If what I say to you doesn't matter to you, then why bother replying to me?

And sure, everyone throwing is the only reason you wouldn't make top 3, let's go with that.

so you played marauder in your screenshot right?

you claimed you had no stealth.

ok what is force camo then?

you claim you had no protection.

what is obfuscate then?

have you evr heard of force bound?

sorry mate but to say guard on dps should be entirely removed is like saying: all defensives need to be banned and additionally walls in arenas are unfair. lets just stand in a 4 by 4 square and hit each other.

your sorc dps sucked badly and i bet you 2 marauders did little to nothing to help him survive.

have you ever tried guarding with a sin dps?

Sin/Shadow stealth is something completely different! 2 main things, first of all it gets you out of combat. Second even if you still stay in combat you are in stealth and the enemy does not see you. Those are 2 big advantages over Force Camo.

I use Obfuscate and have the Force Bound set on me. Just removing guard will be fine. Yes, i guard with my sin and shadow, but its quite pointless since i play hatred/serenity and therefore im the main target :)

If what I say to you doesn't matter to you, then why bother replying to me?

I just like to chat :)

Sin/Shadow stealth is something completely different! 2 main things, first of all it gets you out of combat. Second even if you still stay in combat you are in stealth and the enemy does not see you. Those are 2 big advantages over Force Camo.

I use Obfuscate and have the Force Bound set on me. Just removing guard will be fine. Yes, i guard with my sin and shadow, but its quite pointless since i play hatred/serenity and therefore im the main target :)

Oh, so your guard is ok because you're the main target? Guess what else is a main target?

And you're still ignoring the primary point: your sorc dps was literally useless. The other team having guard had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you were down a dps from the start.

force camo brings you out of combat too, if you run away far enough... so forc ebound is ok but guard too powerful...

that says everything... next time please simply ask for a instant win button... it would be equally ridiculous

Edited by Opiklo

And you're still ignoring the primary point: your sorc dps was literally useless. The other team having guard had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you were down a dps from the start.

If that were so why did the sin bother to guard at all? Wasnt it a easy win for them? Why use guard?

If that were so why did the sin bother to guard at all? Wasnt it a easy win for them? Why use guard?

Because anyone that has a taunt or guard should also know how to use it. Doesn't change the fact your sorc got eliminated without pulling off even 1 million damage in both rounds combined.

has a taunt or guard should also know how to use it

And this is the problem right here "has".

What abuse? Guard and Taunt are class balance issues, and if you queued, it's balanced.

Yes, my word choice was incorrect, you are right.

Edited by merovejec

And this is the problem right here "has".

I dont understand the point here. I am on the record multiple times as saying I couldn't care less what they do to dps guard. But as long as its a thing those classes can do its something they must be conscious of, no less than maras need to know when to camo out and run away or operatives should be semi aware of when to stealth.

And you're still not addressing the fact that your sorc dps ate dog poop. I have answered and countered your points. You have not even acknowledged the fact this sorc basically gave your team a 3v4 (i.e. this sorc was so useless, they may as well have not been there at all). What could your team have done with a competent dps as a 4th?

And you're still not addressing the fact that your sorc dps ate dog poop. I have answered and countered your points. You have not even acknowledged the fact this sorc basically gave your team a 3v4 (i.e. this sorc was so useless, they may as well have not been there at all). What could your team have done with a competent dps as a 4th?

Yes, I am not, cause its not the point of the discussion. Sure, I know he was bad so we lost it, nevertheless, that still doesnt eliminate the 800k protection which we have witnessed in that match. I just had a match where only taunt was used and the player got 60k protection from that. I would say that is pretty fine and that can really stay.

Yes, I am not, cause its not the point of the discussion. Sure, I know he was bad so we lost it, nevertheless, that still doesnt eliminate the 800k protection which we have witnessed in that match. I just had a match where only taunt was used and the player got 60k protection from that. I would say that is pretty fine and that can really stay.

800k protection in a match where your dps sorc was so incompetent they were totally negated by guard; not because guard is so good, but because that sorc was so bad.

The sin guarding lost half his dps and still did more damage than your sorc.

Thats how useless your sorc was. You want to talk about guard still being OP you need a better example. Literally all that screenshot proves is how bad that sorc was.

As for the taunt/60k thing - I've done well over 100k protection, using only taunt. I taunt on cool down in pvp when in combat on a class that can taunt. Unlike guard, which has the downside of increasing damage taken and now, reducing damage output, taunting has no downside.

But again, your sorc was made irrelevant by a guy doing half damage. That is supposed to suggest guard is op? Id say that suggests that sorc shouldn't have set foot in ranked.

Edited by KendraP

In my defence he went from blaming guard to blaming a team full of taunts as I quoted. It's not just bashing mero for cheating his ways to titles it's a fair and valid point that the devs go by. Suggestions made on the PTS he is one of these players. So while most players live in the real world and have learned over the years how to dps in an arena the devs are basing the future of this game on his and his cronies opinions. They lack developed skill as they wintraded titles, because of this he can't decide whether it's guard or taunt that needs to be nerfed.

If you take taunts off dps then take heals off dps and dps off healers. It would make a terrible game and everyone can go outside and do something constructive. He's crying because he hasn't got a taunt on his main yet has one of the highest dps potential outputs (lightening sorc) with healing abilities and every escape under the sun. He sole arguement is take taunt and guard out the game because it's the only thing my char hasn't got and it must be the reason I can't win titles without using bots

Mero is a great player;

Very knowledgeable

Unknow to him i had play on/against him;

also believe he's that great sorc healer I had previously mention play against.

Now while I understand survivability and do what you gotta do in order to obtain what you want..

is also sad everything I had read about him and to know he has succumb so such practices.

Something i had to say in Mero defense is as follow; Its not Mero's fault that dev's have no character; is no ones fault that dev's are this naive ..

Anyways; Mero could it had make this a better game since he already as power over dev's; Unfortunately he literally choose the Dark Side..

And we all know the aftermath..

i had cancel all my accounts; never coming back..

got other priorities in life than gaming; besides now I'm a Christian; and this game does not sit well with my religious belief.

Edited by Nahyeaa

Mero is a great player;

Very knowledgeable

Unknow to him i had play on/against him;

also believe he's that great sorc healer I had previously mention play against.

Now while I understand survivability and do what you gotta do in order to obtain what you want..

is also sad everything I had read about him and to know he has succumb so such practices.

Something i had to say in Mero defense is as follow; Its not Mero's fault that dev's have no character; is no ones fault that dev's are this naive ..

Anyways; Mero could it had make this a better game since he already as power over dev's; Unfortunately he literally choose the Dark Side..

And we all know the aftermath..

i had cancel all my accounts; never coming back..

got other priorities in life than gaming; besides now I'm a Christian; and this game does not sit well with my religious belief.

I dont understand the point you're trying to make

The sin guarding lost half his dps and still did more damage than your sorc.

So thats another question. Why would the sin bother reducing his damage by 50% to guard the jugg rather than using his full potential on burning the useless sorc??