Stop auto granting weekly heroic missions

DeannaVoyager

A lot of us use the activity finder solo tab for quick traveling to planets. I love that we can do that, instead of taking spaceship every time. However it's kinda annoying that we also get automatically the mission to complete x amount of heroics on the planet to complete the weekly. I'm sure there's plenty of people who do just that and are happy with it, but there is also a number of people who only use it as a quick travel to the planet, and maybe pick just 1 or 2 missions from the terminal. Then we have to abandon the weekly mission if we want to use the quick travel again.

How about add the weekly mission on the terminal also, so people who want to do the full weekly can just take it at the same time they are picking the heroics? Just use the activity finder solo tab as a quick travel to the planet and that's it. Opening the mission log and abandoning a mission once a day doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you play alts, and have to do that every time you travel to a planet, it gets annoying really fast.

Or, you could loosen your purse strings and spend the relatively few credits it costs to travel there directly from the galaxy map. 😊

I could, but for that I would have to go to my starship (several loading screens depending where I am) and on some planets exiting ship puts me on the orbital station, which is even more loading screens.

When I was a young padawan, dreaming of my own spaceship, I never thought I would end up thinking I'd rather not use it. Go figure. :D

Oh nvm, you said galaxy map. I didn't even remember that thing exists, I use it so rarely. :)

Edited by DeannaVoyager

I could, but for that I would have to go to my starship (several loading screens depending where I am) and on some planets exiting ship puts me on the orbital station, which is even more loading screens.

When I was a young padawan, dreaming of my own spaceship, I never thought I would end up thinking I'd rather not use it. Go figure. :D

Oh nvm, you said galaxy map. I didn't even remember that thing exists, I use it so rarely. :)

the galaxy map still sticks you in the spaceport, still have loading screens, and still have to go out, etc. Doesn't bother me most times, but sometimes I'm in a rush, and a quicker route would be handy...lol

the galaxy map still sticks you in the spaceport, still have loading screens, and still have to go out, etc. Doesn't bother me most times, but sometimes I'm in a rush, and a quicker route would be handy...lol

I wish that quick travel from the hangers and spaceports were consistent. For example, when I use the galaxy map to travel to Tatooine on a Knight I can immediately QT from within the hanger, but if I do that on a Consular I have to leave the hanger and travel a bit into the spaceport before I can QT. On DK, I have to leave the spaceport entirely before I can QT.

We were supposed to be able to QT from the hangers many, many Moons ago, but the feature was never fully or consistently implemented.

I wish that quick travel from the hangers and spaceports were consistent. For example, when I use the galaxy map to travel to Tatooine on a Knight I can immediately QT from within the hanger, but if I do that on a Consular I have to leave the hanger and travel a bit into the spaceport before I can QT. On DK, I have to leave the spaceport entirely before I can QT.

We were supposed to be able to QT from the hangers many, many Moons ago, but the feature was never fully or consistently implemented.

QT from the hangers should be allowed, especially when you log out in your stronghold, only to log back in , in the &^&% spaceport...lol

Why would you have to go to your starship? Can you not just click the galaxy tab from the minimap and go directly from there? That's what I do at any rate. I can't remember the last time I actually had to go to my ship to travel unless it was story quest related.

Then we have to abandon the weekly mission if we want to use the quick travel again.

Think of it this way: It's one or two loading screens plus some travel to get out of the spaceport, versus a few seconds and a couple of clicks to abandon the mission. (The benefit is way ahead of the cost.)

Having it be an *option* could be interesting, where if you check the option (on by default, to disturb the smallest number of people), you get the mission auto-granted, and if you uncheck it, you don't.

Or think of it as they probably thought of it: it's the activity panel, not a quick-travel-to-planet panel so of course it grants the mission.

Think of it this way: It's one or two loading screens plus some travel to get out of the spaceport, versus a few seconds and a couple of clicks to abandon the mission. (The benefit is way ahead of the cost.)

Having it be an *option* could be interesting, where if you check the option (on by default, to disturb the smallest number of people), you get the mission auto-granted, and if you uncheck it, you don't.

Or think of it as they probably thought of it: it's the activity panel, not a quick-travel-to-planet panel so of course it grants the mission.

It's fine if you do it once or twice per day, but atm we are farming worldbosses and bounties, that's a lot of travelling and a lot of loading screens if you do it with an army of alts. When people actually do the heroic weekly, they have to pick up the heroics from the terminal, it would be really easy to click the weekly at the same time from the same terminal.

Or another solution would be to have the galaxy map transfer people to the heroics/mission terminal on each planet instead of orbital and space stations. The only exception would be Quesh, as there are no heroics terminal, but it's just one planet, and there's not many reasons to go there anyhow. It would also make it easier to get to the starter planets and Ilum, because those heroics are not in activity finder.

It's fine if you do it once or twice per day, but atm we are farming worldbosses and bounties, that's a lot of travelling and a lot of loading screens if you do it with an army of alts. When people actually do the heroic weekly, they have to pick up the heroics from the terminal, it would be really easy to click the weekly at the same time from the same terminal.

Or another solution would be to have the galaxy map transfer people to the heroics/mission terminal on each planet instead of orbital and space stations. The only exception would be Quesh, as there are no heroics terminal, but it's just one planet, and there's not many reasons to go there anyhow. It would also make it easier to get to the starter planets and Ilum, because those heroics are not in activity finder.

All that is why I proposed having it as an option. With the option on, if I just want to go to Planet X and do its heroics, it's one less click to get the weekly, and for someone who wants the QT aspect, turn the option off.