"NOT READY" on all characters

TheOuroborus

As of 1:30 PM Pacific, all 17 of my characters are "NOT READY" status "You may not play this character until the planet it is located on has been fully downloaded." Additionally, the Quick Play Mode window is popped up on top of the character selections stuck on 0.00%. What is going on? Anyone else unable to log into the game because of this?

I've tried logging a couple times with the same result. As it stands now I am completely locked out of the game.

Satele Shan - server

See the link below, Quickplay Issues. Give that a try.

If that does not work you may need to do a client repair.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/m-p/6454174#M39

Thanks for trying, but I'm running a state of the art Windows 10 machine and was logged in and playing just fine yesterday. Also... As my signature indicates -- Been playing since pre-launch, so I kinda know the drill. That said, this error is a new one on me.

Oh, and the launcher Repair is greyed out, so that's not available either.

I do have a few characters on other servers, so I checked that out as well. Of the dozen other characters, I have one character on Darth Malgus that is available to Play, but the rest on that server are greyed out as well.

I guess it's back to FFXIV 5.35 for a while. :o

Okay, well, since you are not interested in taking the suggestions offered here then may I suggest going to the actual tech support forum.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/ct-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

I did check your links out and that is why I answered in the way I did. Your first link was a Windows XP solution and the second link, using Repair in the launcher, is unavailable to me as apparently this isn't a patch error and my Repair button is greyed out. Gee "actual tech support"... golly, never thought of that. :p

My question was whether anyone else was experiencing this weirdness. If the answer was yes, then I'd know whether it was local or a broader problem. That would help in how I word a Support ticket if I need to escalate it.

I did check your links out and that is why I answered in the way I did. Your first link was a Windows XP solution and the second link, using Repair in the launcher, is unavailable to me as apparently this isn't a patch error and my Repair button is greyed out. Gee "actual tech support"... golly, never thought of that. :p

My question was whether anyone else was experiencing this weirdness. If the answer was yes, then I'd know whether it was local or a broader problem. That would help in how I word a Support ticket if I need to escalate it.

The Quickplay Issue solution is not a Windows XP solution. It is for Windows 10. It is an issue to came up recently following an update to Windows. This is the solution that many other people have found works for them. The reason some of your characters are marked as not ready to play is because when you are stuck in quickplay mode you can only play characters that are on starter worlds.

There are two different sets of steps for performing a client scan and repair. One is for the streaming, BitRaider client. The other is for the non-streaming client. You can only perform a client repair by clicking the Repair button in the launcher settings if you are running the non-streaming client. The non-streaming client does not suffer from the quicklplay issue, as such you can not do a client scan and repair by following the steps for the non-streaming client.

Why ask for help if you are going to ignore the suggested solutions?

Edited by ceryxp

Before I switched to Steam, I would just right click the SWTOR icon and manually delete the Bitraider folder. Then I would launch. It took about 2 mins. to verify and I was set.

If I closed out of SWTOR completely, I would have to repeat the process. A pain in the *** to be sure, but I learned to do this before heading to the minibar and making myself a fabulous martini.

Not saying this will work for you, but worth a try. I've heard that some have their verification processes take longer too.

G'luck,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

As of 1:30 PM Pacific, all 17 of my characters are "NOT READY" status "You may not play this character until the planet it is located on has been fully downloaded." Additionally, the Quick Play Mode window is popped up on top of the character selections stuck on 0.00%. What is going on? Anyone else unable to log into the game because of this?

I've tried logging a couple times with the same result. As it stands now I am completely locked out of the game.

Satele Shan - server

From what I have been tolled the Quick Play problem is cause by using the Streaming Client which uses "Bitrader" if you remove Bitrader this should fix the problem, but it will require you to do a Full Download of the game to your Hard Drive, approximately 35 gig.

These instructions will guide you through the process to disable Bitrader...

Bit raider means you are using the streaming version of the client which downloads as you play.

It can effect speed among other things which is why a lot of people stop using it. Here are the instructions for removing it.

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

This will cause your game to download the Full 35+ gig of data for the game.

Thanks for trying, but I'm running a state of the art Windows 10 machine and was logged in and playing just fine yesterday. Also... As my signature indicates -- Been playing since pre-launch, so I kinda know the drill. That said, this error is a new one on me.

Oh, and the launcher Repair is greyed out, so that's not available either.

I do have a few characters on other servers, so I checked that out as well. Of the dozen other characters, I have one character on Darth Malgus that is available to Play, but the rest on that server are greyed out as well.

I guess it's back to FFXIV 5.35 for a while. :o

this is a game that has THROUGHOUT ITS ENTIRE LIFESPAN had trouble running on peoples state of the art windows 10 machines especially post updates.

this is a game that has THROUGHOUT ITS ENTIRE LIFESPAN had trouble running on peoples state of the art windows 10 machines especially post updates.

Not true. The game launched late in 2011, and Windows 10 didn't launch until the middle of 2015. During those almost-four-years before that, there were no Windows 10 problems except for beta testers. Heck, the project that would eventually *become* Windows 10 wasn't even announced until the very end of 2013.

Not true. The game launched late in 2011, and Windows 10 didn't launch until the middle of 2015. During those almost-four-years before that, there were no Windows 10 problems except for beta testers. Heck, the project that would eventually *become* Windows 10 wasn't even announced until the very end of 2013.

not to mention it probably took a lot of the players (maybe even most) a couple of years after that to upgrade. Most of the people I know, hung on to 7 as long as possible, then 8 (some have even refused to go past 8, although I'm not sure if that's changed lately) Personally, the only time I upgraded was when I got a new laptop/pc...lol

not to mention it probably took a lot of the players (maybe even most) a couple of years after that to upgrade. Most of the people I know, hung on to 7 as long as possible, then 8 (some have even refused to go past 8, although I'm not sure if that's changed lately) Personally, the only time I upgraded was when I got a new laptop/pc...lol

and some still refuse to drink the kool-aid and are still on 7. just saying

this is a game that has THROUGHOUT ITS ENTIRE LIFESPAN had trouble running on peoples "state of the art" windows machines

f i x t

Some of us old farts have to be dragged kicking and screaming in to modern world ;)

if it is not broken... :D

Edited by Kaveat

Its hyperbole the specifics dont matter, the meat of the statement is "having a state of the art rig isn't always the best with swtor, its historically had more trouble on high end machines than on lower end machines"

And yes, state of the art machines had trouble running this game at launch. My roommate at the time built a WHOLE NEW STATE OF THE ART GAMING RIG, specfiically for this game, enthused about it for weeks, and it ran better on my ****** 4 year older dell.

forgot the reasons why, but when something like this happens, I'll either start a new character, or find one low enough to play,

Even though it does not show it is downloading, and showing the 0% downloaded, sometimes it just the process of creating the new char, sometimes it's a hour playing time.

not saying this is a solution or tempt fix, just something that worked for me, never looked much into why, if it works then, it's good enough for me. ;)