The new augments will cost equal to 840 Euros to equip one single character !

Shinzzun

Lets be VERY CLEAR, the intention from Bioware (and the reason i did this post) is EXACTLY to make people buy gigantic amount of Cartel Coins to feed EAs greed. That is the SOLE reason for the completely INSANE amount of mats needed and where to obtain them.

they will easily be 550 to 700 plus millions each. I knew the first post would be AMGAAAAD i dont believe You :-)

Just wait and see if current mat requirements go live.

People that think they will be "just" 100 to 200M each are totally deceiving themselves.

I dont think people have properly calculated the time needed for both raiding as well as ranked PVP for a lot of people just to craft ONE single of the new augments.

For the sake of it lets say im wrong and cut it in HALF .... still its 420 EUROS per character... that is still completely insane.

Not happy with these changes myself, not that I care if new augments are being introduced, but putting craft mats behind a particular play style is just wrong. however if you or anyone buys cartel items to sell just to get the new augments more fool you.

Edited by TalleraLane

Unless they are ludicrous OP then most PvP'ers won't bother with them even for ranked. Us PvP'ers are not exactly the wealthy elite of swtor...

you say that now, but when they come out, the pvp'rs of all people will be the ones scrambling for them, because in PVP they will make the biggest difference.

I mean my guess is 800mill will get you between 4 and 8 of the new augments once the prices stabilize. So even with 800 mill you will not be able to fully outfit one character.

And my primary protest on these things personally has basically nothing to do with price

I mean my guess is 800mill will get you between 4 and 8 of the new augments once the prices stabilize. So even with 800 mill you will not be able to fully outfit one character.

And my primary protest on these things personally has basically nothing to do with price

FINALLY someone who also know the price of things in SWTOR and dont live in lalalaland and think their 500 CC per month can "buy them "things" they can sell on GTN and so become the Rockefellers of SWTOR...:rolleyes: You know who You are mr. FOUNDER :D

Back to topic, so 1.6 BILLION credits to equip ONE character :rolleyes: how ANYONE can defend this is beyond ridiculous.

ALso i agree its not just the mats/price issue its the fact they THINK THIS CAN PASS AS NEW CONTENT ! i mean *** that is just pathetic. I actually feel sorry for the devs being pressured by EA

And...???

Now let me preface that there are comments that the augments won't make that much difference and to quote my guild's conquest/PVP officer, "the jury is still out...the numbers aren't jiving..." But if you have to get them...

You have two primary ways to source the mats to make the augments. You'll grind ranked and/MM ops w/ your guildies to farm the mats (forget the drop rate) or you'll buy the mats of GTN...

"But I don't have that many creds and the drop rate sucks!!!"

So you now have 4 paths: (Including up above)

1. You make stuff and sell on GTN to afford the mats on GTN

2. You buy stuff at a low price and upcharge on GTN (Its a thing, i do it...just not the Gordon Gekko numbers people are quoting here on the forums) to earn the creds to buy the mats on GTN

3. You buy CCs and buy items and then sell on GTN. (IMO this is silly as you're spending hard currency for 'Space Barbie'. Don't get me wrong, i have bought CCs and will again but that's for me and me alone as i play 'Space Barbie") Again to earn the creds to buy on GTN

4. Gold Sellers. Creds/GTN We get it...but we all know the inherent risks with that.

To summarize a refresh...

And...???

For the people that want to do this 'grind' for augments that again i quote, "...the numbers don't jive" , that's their choice no one is making them/you do it especially since the gain isn't very apparent.

So to the OP and anyone else that want to jump on that hamster wheel...

And....???

No one is making you do it . The gains don't appear to be that relevant. If you feel the need to go down paths #3 and #4 that's on you to accept the risks of yes very expensive and yes dealing w/Gold sellers, but at the end of the day no one is making you do it. The decision is with you alone. :rak_03:

And...???

Now let me preface that there are comments that the augments won't make that much difference and to quote my guild's conquest/PVP officer, "the jury is still out...the numbers aren't jiving..." But if you have to get them...

You have two primary ways to source the mats to make the augments. You'll grind ranked and/MM ops w/ your guildies to farm the mats (forget the drop rate) or you'll buy the mats of GTN...

"But I don't have that many creds and the drop rate sucks!!!"

So you now have 4 paths: (Including up above)

1. You make stuff and sell on GTN to afford the mats on GTN

2. You buy stuff at a low price and upcharge on GTN (Its a thing, i do it...just not the Gordon Gekko numbers people are quoting here on the forums) to earn the creds to buy the mats on GTN

3. You buy CCs and buy items and then sell on GTN. (IMO this is silly as you're spending hard currency for 'Space Barbie'. Don't get me wrong, i have bought CCs and will again but that's for me and me alone as i play 'Space Barbie") Again to earn the creds to buy on GTN

4. Gold Sellers. Creds/GTN We get it...but we all know the inherent risks with that.

To summarize a refresh...

And...???

For the people that want to do this 'grind' for augments that again i quote, "...the numbers don't jive" , that's their choice no one is making them/you do it especially since the gain isn't very apparent.

So to the OP and anyone else that want to jump on that hamster wheel...

And....???

No one is making you do it . The gains don't appear to be that relevant. If you feel the need to go down paths #3 and #4 that's on you to accept the risks of yes very expensive and yes dealing w/Gold sellers, but at the end of the day no one is making you do it. The decision is with you alone. :rak_03:

I will be interested to see how many of these mats will end up on the GTN at all. I expect the supply to be low and therefore prices to be up.

Also I think that buying mats off the GTN is a cheap cop-out for BW.

But what you don't see is the larger picture, the picture that leaves people without stuff to do they like and then when something new is introduced they're supposed to ignore it and that makes me wonder why on earth they even spend resources on such a small amount of people.

Do you think they have resources to spare to add something to do for a tiny part of the population?

But what you don't see is the larger picture, the picture that leaves people without stuff to do they like and then when something new is introduced they're supposed to ignore it and that makes me wonder why on earth they even spend resources on such a small amount of people.

Do you think they have resources to spare to add something to do for a tiny part of the population?

Yeah, I agree. Why spend all that time on making Swoop Racing for a tiny part of the population while the rest of us ignore it... 🙁

Or were you talking about augments... 🤔

FINALLY someone who also know the price of things in SWTOR and dont live in lalalaland and think their 500 CC per month can "buy them "things" they can sell on GTN and so become the Rockefellers of SWTOR...:rolleyes: You know who You are mr. FOUNDER :D

My, my, my! You are quite a sweetheart aren't you. I'll be more than happy if you put me on your ignore list.

Meanwhile, get some counseling please, for your own good as well as ours.

Yeah, I agree. Why spend all that time on making Swoop Racing for a tiny part of the population while the rest of us ignore it... 🙁

I know you don't like swoops, but it's quite busy at the moment, probably busier than GSF. Multiple instances, and crowded tracks. Thankfully I hit max rep, and have all the decos, so won't need to do it anymore :)

I know you don't like swoops, but it's quite busy at the moment, probably busier than GSF. Multiple instances, and crowded tracks. Thankfully I hit max rep, and have all the decos, so won't need to do it anymore :)

Just to add, at least swoops was NEW content, not a new grind added to existing content.

Erm yeah, I was talking about the new augments.... am I in trouble for staying on topic?

Edited by Tsillah

Erm yeah, I was talking about the new augments.... am I in trouble for staying on topic?

you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't......so you might as we do it and have fun ;)

*information for the forum police, this comment is a fun poke at the thread, and is also on topic, as no matter what we do, we are still damned to have to deal with the augments issue, no matter how we feel about them, they are coming.....

They are coming.........

Edited by DarkTergon