Crew Skills

Biochem

The following archived Biochem schematics are no longer available to craft:

Premium Battle Medpac

Premium Battle Med Unit

Premium Battle Fortitude Stim

Premium Battle Command Stim

Premium Field Tech Command Stim

We'll see if it actually balances anything...

I might be coming late to this party... but Im a bit confused.

People actually craft for conquest? I understand the invasion force daily and the dark projects and if you really want to grind the objective where you can craft 50 things for a few conquest points..... but none of these would entail hardcore conquest points......

People actually craft for conquest? I understand the invasion force daily and the dark projects and if you really want to grind the objective where you can craft 50 things for a few conquest points..... but none of these would entail hardcore conquest points......

With the old schematics you could make 50 items in about 15 seconds. So that "Craft 50" for 2,000 points would add up quickly.

I haven't done it myself, but supposedly these can be crafted in seconds, but give you multiple credits toward the 50, so in mins of crafting, you ping, the 50, then rinse and repeat. Which was why some have been accused of using macros to do this, and get millions of CQ points.

As long as this change is simply about allowing every player equal opportunity to use crafting to generate conquest points by removing the old outlier schematics which are no longer available to any of us, and not touching anything else, I'm in full support.

If this change has been done in any way to appease those who spammed the forms making specious claims against others while harassing the developers to make these specific changes, then I highly disagree with the change (bad behavior should never be accommodated in such a way).

And if this change is just the first of a series of changes designed to nerf crafting and / or make it useless for conquest, then I also disagree with the change, or at least the premise that somehow being able to craft for conquest should be nerfed or eliminated.

Edited by DawnAskham

As long as this change is simply about allowing every player equal opportunity to use crafting to generate conquest points by removing the old outlier schematics which are no longer available to any of us, and not touching anything else, I'm in full support.

If this change has been done in any way to appease those who spammed the forms making specious claims against others while harassing the developers to make these specific changes, then I highly disagree with the change (bad behavior should never be accommodated in such a way).

And if this change is just the first of a series of changes designed to nerf crafting and / or make it useless for conquest, then I also disagree with the change.

The Devs removed it to appease all the non-dedicated tor players who started playing after the start of 2013. mainly for the WHINERS of a certain server who kept getting their asses handed to them and then accused the winning guild of using BOTS to beat them silly. They are the three main guilds on that server that cried for this removal. It's a insult to the players who played tor since launch. It's okay because I can still slam millions of points in their faces without my rightfully paid for and learned stuff.

Edited by IslanderRebel

Their presentation of the thing was wrong, but the essential point, that there were a bunch of unobtainable super-fast schematics (Grade 1 archived Biochem schematics for stims and such that can be crafted in 7.5 seconds on a rank 50 companion and give an average of 4.25 crafted items (4, but 25% of the time 5) per cycle) was accurate.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is the right approach. Instead, they should have made it so that the CQ objective was "complete 50 crafts", so each time a companion crafts a schematic, no matter how many items that schematic produces, and regardless of whether it's a critical success, you get +1 on the objective. That way, these old schematics are neither worse nor better than grade 1 assembly components from the trainer.

The Devs removed it to appease all the non-dedicated tor players who started playing after the start of 2013. mainly for the WHINERS of a certain server who kept getting their asses handed to them and then accused the winning guild of using BOTS to beat them silly. They are the three main guilds on that server that cried for this removal. It's a insult to the players who played tor since launch. It's okay because I can still slam millions of points in their faces without my rightfully paid for and learned stuff.

Here we have someone from the formerly winning guild(s)...

It is wrong. Dedicated tor players from launch paid for it and learned it.

Who's fault was it for starting to play tor after the start of 2013?

Not mine or any fellow founders of tor or those who first played in 2012 either.

Bad move.

A slap to all founders and 2012 players who did their diligence.

Their presentation of the thing was wrong, but the essential point, that there were a bunch of unobtainable super-fast schematics (Grade 1 archived Biochem schematics for stims and such that can be crafted in 7.5 seconds on a rank 50 companion and give an average of 4.25 crafted items (4, but 25% of the time 5) per cycle) was accurate.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is the right approach. Instead, they should have made it so that the CQ objective was "complete 50 crafts", so each time a companion crafts a schematic, no matter how many items that schematic produces, and regardless of whether it's a critical success, you get +1 on the objective. That way, these old schematics are neither worse nor better than grade 1 assembly components from the trainer.

I'd support a change that made each craft only count as a +1 to the 'craft 50' objective, but not a change that disregarded crits as additional +1s.

As far as I recall, only Biochem crafts multiples for each craft, as such it is the outlier and changing it across the board would bring it in line with every other crew skill.

Crits on the other hand require investments of time and credits to rank up companions, unlock legacy perks, as well as chose to use crafting guild perks over other guild perks - all of which are available to every player on every crew skill.

As such, crits should always count as extra +1s for the 'craft 50' objective.

Not mine or any fellow founders of tor or those who first played in 2012 either.

Bad move.

I've been playing (granted, off and on) since 2011, and I don't have a problem with it.

Stop whining. You're not special, kid.

I never realized that biochem stuff that is crafted in stacks counted for more that one (crits aside).

Doing some math in the air that is arround 50k points in like 5 minutes.

Considering that conquest points for crafting 50 items has been arround for what...over 2 years now? i can't belive this lasted so long.

Guess this may also affect those that make money from selling the mats.

Bad move.

Before you complain about a couple a whiners and here you are doing the same. Seems like the schematic (and its product) had almost no practical use besides boosting conquest points. Sorry, but first i think that giving points for crafting should be a plus for producing something useful the craft skill. If you are just producing conquest points then it serves no purpose to crafting. Al also sorry, but i don't mind a founders, pre purchase, beta players, etc get benefits as long as those benefits are cosmetic or QoL at best.

And if this change is just the first of a series of changes designed to nerf crafting and / or make it useless for conquest, then I also disagree with the change, or at least the premise that somehow being able to craft for conquest should be nerfed or eliminated.

Couldn’t agree more, so had to quote everything. If this have the added benefit of less harassment and toxic behavior from a certain guild towards others that kept beating them, then it would be worth it too. Let’s hope they won’t find something else to complain about now if they still lose. I enjoy crafting, and it seems to be fine as it is. Perhaps they can adjust the cost of mats to make war supplies a little, but I guess that won’t happen easily.

I'd support a change that made each craft only count as a +1 to the 'craft 50' objective, but not a change that disregarded crits as additional +1s.

So long as it's +1+1 for crits regardless of whether it makes an additional item or makes a gear piece with an augment slot, sure, I can go for that.

As far as I recall, only Biochem crafts multiples for each craft, as such it is the outlier and changing it across the board would bring it in line with every other crew skill.

Crits on the other hand require investments of time and credits to rank up companions, unlock legacy perks, as well as chose to use crafting guild perks over other guild perks - all of which are available to every player on every crew skill.

Cyber grenades also do multiple crafts as well and are more useful than the biochemical rubbish because they can be used in pvp as a stun (damage doesn’t scale and has always been **** anyway). That means you can use the seismic lvl 2 grenades at lvl 75 to pick up an extra AOE stun for any lvl of pvp on the cheap.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

From what I hear, crafting with conq in mind needs/needed something like this. Kinda wrong way to go about fixing it though - borking with schematics people have learned years back is a very iffy concept. I bet there would have been some bit less..invasive solution available. These are just stims as opposed to wearable gear, so it isn't a big deal or anything..just.." we removed items from your crafting menu!!!" is bit weird is all. Edited by Stradlin

I haven't done it myself, but supposedly these can be crafted in seconds, but give you multiple credits toward the 50, so in mins of crafting, you ping, the 50, then rinse and repeat. Which was why some have been accused of using macros to do this, and get millions of CQ points.

Ahhh, now that makes sense. Hmm only time will tell if this works to cut down those who used that option. Thank you for the clarification! <3

Personally, i tend to just craft the lower tier components if I need to top off my conquest points. It takes just about a minute or less (8 capped companions) to finish and a lot less mats. However, I wouldnt waste my mats on trying to spam that for points. There are more objectives that take less time that give you more points, but to each their own.

:rak_03:

A better approach would have been to program any crafting items in the 'archived' tab to not count towards progression of the conquest objective.

That being said, I highly doubt that you are going to see the Mega Guilds lose pace, as the crafting tactic that led to this nerf is not what the top conquest crafters are using.

One step closer to balance this move makes. Very well done. The top conquesters in mega guilds will see a sharp decline in cq. One less schematic for them to macro their way to the top. Ofc their still remains some but it won't be long until total server balance and fairness will be achieved. Thanks so much swtor we salute you. Carry on!

Meh... I've been using the schematics for a while to get toons to personal goal fast. Didn't realize how many folks were using them for pure pushes in conquest. I think a better way to hem the crafting bloat would be to just make the 50x crafting objective a once a day objective and give it more CP (like 5 or 10K), rather than taking schematics out of the game. You can still craft War Supplies infinitely. I feel that should be the focus of crafters for conquest as it originally was.

I'm not at all bothered by the changes of removing the older items.... I've always hated the BS of exclusive advantages (especially competitive ones). but I also dislike it when people have knee-jerk reactions to things without thinking them through....

using the current available to all methods of crafting conquest, it take me about the same time per character to craft conquest using inventor as it does to run heroic 2's....and it costs me credits/materials to do it. it is also a highly intensive activity which requires more attention than running the afforemention heroics, and more clicking. The only major difference is that it's a purely solo activity, I'm not limited on how many times I can do it a day (other than time to completion) and I don't earn credits doing it.

you really shouldn't... the publicly available 4-6/craft are actually slower-per-item than just the basic component/graft items. there is however some better cost efficiency available in them, so I do use them sometimes.

agreed but for additional reasons.... it's equal footing for players, offers progression for effort, and is still bloody expensive in the long run....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.